numbers in data sheet of stacked bar chart

I'm trying to label segments in a stacked bar chart, example: 1-10, 11-20,
etc. I'm not able to enter the number with the dash. In most cases it
automatically changes to Jan-10. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thanks!

Format the cell as text and see if that helps.

"Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to label segments in a stacked bar chart, example: 1-10, 11-20,
> etc. I'm not able to enter the number with the dash. In most cases it
> automatically changes to Jan-10. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thanks!

0
Echo

Remote data access
As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server database residing on a web server. In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a way to develop a Visual Basic, Windows application that can access a SQL Server database over the internet. Thanks for suggestions, John C. John C. wrote: > As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a > VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server > database residing on a web server. > > In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a > way to develop...

Data Validation #12
Hi. I have data validations in sheet1 as named range lists from sheet2. When I have deleted sheet2 and copy sheet2 from identical other workbook - my validations does is not work... I see Name ranges in copied worksheet, but when I use they in validation - I have error: "The Source currently evaluates an error. Do you wish continue?" Only after deleting of Named ranges in Sheet2 and recreating its, my validations works. It is possible after replacing of worksheet with named ranges for validations (named ranges names are identical) use copied worksheet without recreating ...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

Number of active sheets
I have Office 2003 installed to Windows 2003 terminal servers but I have a problem with on of our users and excel. The issue is that when the user is trying to have multiple spreadsheets opened he keeps getting the message "This operations has been cancelled due to system restrictions- Contact your system Administrator" I can find no setting in excel to enforce a limit on the number of speadsheets a user can have open. Thanks in advance fo any advise Michael Not an expert in these matters, but; Is it possible that the user is trying to initiate another session of Excel vs....

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

Sorting lots of data
We are trying to sort through a csv file that we converted to an excel spreadsheet. the spreadsheet has over 40,000 entries which include mailing addresses that are in some cases duplicated. is there anyway to sort/filter the info to locate the duplicates and then remove them?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your responses. Hi use 'Data - Advanced Filters' and check 'unique entries' or use the following addin for this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany miss lynar wrote: > We are trying to sort thr...

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

charting independent XYScatter graphs
I'm trying to create a XYScatter graph of 3 independent datasets from within VB6 using OLE/Excel2000. I'm using the KB147803 article as a basis, but am stuck and hope someone can help. The example in KB147803 seems to indicate that there can only be one set of X-Values for the 3 XY Scatter Graph data sets. The X-Value series is the first row of data in the sheet, and is called out as a set of Category labels ('cwCategoryLabels=1'), and applies to all three subsequent rows of Y-Value data. In my case, I want to plot 3 independent sets of XY data, so I'd like to pr...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

Inserting specific number of records
I have a Data Entry form in which the user have to insert a specific numbrer of record, depending on the type of product he choose. Ej: The product "A" have to have 3 data, so it will need to insert 3 record on the table only, no more. I have created a simple code in VB that I supose to have to restrcit the number of record records, depending on a Textbox value **************************************** CODE **************************************** Private Sub LECTURA_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Lectura Dim Respuesta If Form.CurrentRecord <= Forms...

Copy chart with reference table
I have a pie chart neatly tied to a data table alongside. Now I want to copy both the chart and table to a different area of the sheet so I can modify the new data table and have 2 different charts. My issue is that the chart will only allow absolute references, so when I copy both the chart and table together the new chart still is tied to the old table - so I have to go and change the source data ranges one by one. Any way that I can do this easily? Copy the whole sheet. The copied chart links to the data on the copied sheet. Now cut the range that includes the copied char...

order data by a rank
i need to create a form order by the militaty rank.This form is based in a query "qrystaff" with three fields: MemberID FullName and Rank.I´d like that the data were ordered firstly by MilitaryRank and secondly by FullName in alphabetical order.There is an easy way to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1 When you create queries, you're given the option to specify the sort order under each field. If the fields aren't in the order from left-to-right in the query grid, you can add ...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Operations with the same number
Hi, I am working with MS Money here in Brazil. Some banks here have the same operation numbers for different transactions in their statements. For exemple, every Friday I have to pay a bank tax and all these transactions are in the statement with the same number. So when I download them to MS Money, it discards all the transaction but the first because it finds there is already a transaction with that number. Is it possible to configure MS Money not to discard these transactions? What else I could do? Thanks, Rafael. In microsoft.public.money, Rafael wrote: >Hi, I am working with MS...

Data in columns not rows
I have file that is names, addresses and phone numbers. When I copy it into excel it comes out like this. (COLUMNA) NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE I need it to be like this COLUMNA COLUMNB COLUMNC COLUMND NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE Is there a way to change this without copying and pasting? Jenn Is the data consistently 4 rows? Or do you have varying sets? How far down Column A do the sets extend? If 4 rows per set try this..... In B1 enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$3000,(ROW()-1)*4+COLUMN()-1,1) Drag/copy across to E1 then select B1:E1 and drag/copy down u...

excel opens under task bar
hi, I find that excel always opens under the taskbar. is there some way to 'reset' the opening position to the screen dimensions + taskbar size so it opens below ? it seems to do this on XP pro and 98 SE from time to time. thanks, kd ...

XY Chart
I have created a short VBA macro that reads x and y data from a spreadsheet, where every row represents a new series. Besides the x and y data colums, I also have columns that specify the size of the marker, the markerstyle, and the foreground and background colors. I have adapted some of John Walkenbach's code to label each of the datapoints using .name. The x axis is basically an integer 1 to 5 and the y axis is a value like price or variable margin. There usually are multiple datapoints on any given integer on the x axis. For example, I may be plotting the price that a custom...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Display of CRM data in SharePoint
Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? Thanks, -Rick M. Microsoft would require you to have a license per user I think ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick M" <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E731A1-D059-4D49-B879-6025A1817FD8@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on > SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? > > Thanks, > -Rick...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

autocorrect numbers?
How do I stop excel from rounding up my numbers? I already turned everything off in the autocorrect options thing???? What is the format of the cells in question? Is it "number" with a specified number of decimal places? If so, change it to "general". On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:15:03 -0700, "WEFIS" <WEFIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I stop excel from rounding up my numbers? I already turned everything >off in the autocorrect options thing???? ...

chart
Help... Is is possible to insert a header and/or footer into multiple charts(Excel 2000 or 2002)? I was hoping I could insert a common chart header/footer as is possible with worksheets. Any help appreciated. You could set up the headers and footers on one chart (File menu > Page Setup), then before doing anything else, select each subsequent chart in turn and press the F4 key, which repeats this action. You could also select a chart, then record a macro while setting up its headers and footers. Then edit the macro code to only do the headers and footers, and leave out all that...

How to find number and description of Installed JREs?
Hi All! Can anyone help me out to find number and description of installed JREs in the windows system. I do know that i can be done by using registry value but how i don't know? Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Zia ...