Macro for Ungrouping Presentation

Hello,
I am trying to write a macro that would take all the images in a
presentation and ungroup them. However, I cannot get it to work correctly.

Here is the code:

Sub UngroupTheOLEs()

Dim oSlides As Slides
Dim oSld As Slide
Dim oShapes As Shapes
Dim oShp As Shape
Dim oShapeRange As ShapeRange

Set oSlides = ActiveWindow.Presentation.Slides
For Each oSld In oSlides
    Set oShapes = oSld.Shapes
    For Each oShp In oShapes
        If oShp.Type = msoEmbeddedOLEObject Or oShp.Type =
msoLinkedOLEObject Then
            Set oShapeRange = oShp.Ungroup
            oShapeRange.Group
        End If
    Next oShp
Next oSld

End Sub

I ran through the Step-In process and the compiler appears to be skipping
the actual ungrouping code. Anyone have a suggestion?

I think I want to make a Macro
Hi Everyone, I generally use excel to make nice forms and basic sorting, and basic calculations. I just exported some data from a data mining program into an excel spreadsheet. I then used this spreadsheet as a linked table for an access database in an update query. I use a patient number field to link my data. I had trouble with this column and the only thing that worked to make the data compatable with my access data was to create a new column and I used this expression =TEXT(B2, "0"). I then had to use this column to link my data. I also have to delete the first column and...

macro lauching user form
How can I launch a user form from a maco? I tried formname.Show and that doesn't work. Thanks ABC Which version of Excel? Please try this test. 1. New workbook. 2. ALT+F11 3. Insert a userform with a label control. 4. New module. 5. Insert the following text into the module. Sub Test() UserForm1.Show End Sub 6. Run the Test macro. What happens? If this works, how is this test different from your scenario? Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "ABC" <bcampbell@imagictv.com> wrote in ...

Macro to print pivot
Hi, I have a pivot table the has a page for a list of 30 objects. Can someone help me with a code that will select the first object from the pivot page, print, and then repeat till all of the objects have been printed? I'd start by looking at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlPivot09.html PFLY wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a pivot table the has a page for a list of 30 objects. Can someone > help me with a code that will select the first object from the pivot page, > print, and then repeat till all of the objects have been printed? ...

More macro
I need to copy a whole spreadsheet and paste as value. , and then in column A replace all the values that is not "Header" with "Detail" Thanks Have you tried recording the macro while you actually do this? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Es" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c6501c4286e$ba1776b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to copy a whole spreadsheet and paste as value. > , and then in column A replace all the values that is > not "Header" with "Detail" > Thanks > Hi on...

Row Count and Save as... in a macro
Hi all, 1) A macro works on a worksheet with a variable number of rows R. In column A, cell A2 is filled with some text. I need all cells from A3 to A(R) to be filled the same. 2) The macro is stored in a book and works on another one. At the end, I need the "object" book to be Saved As.... with a different name. So I did: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="MYNEWFILE.xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal For some reason I don't know, the file is saved under \My Documents, instead the "working" folder (meaning the directory where both books are). thanks for help (1)...

Disable Save unless a Macro is used
Ive looked through the posts but i cant seem to make this work. I have workbook that automatically updates from another and then saves itself The trouble is I dont want the people using the workbook to be able t save it. As far as the user is concerned, when they press Save o SaveAs nothing happens OR they recieve a message to tell them it won save. When the update from another workbook is recieved I want th Macro to be able to enable save, save the workbook, the disabl save/SaveAs. Please can someone help me? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can put the following ...

RE: Can I create a command box fora macro to be stored on my toolbar
You may want to check here for more information. http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/menus.htm In the future, please post more information in the message section when you post your question. HTH, Barb Reinhardt ...

Postponing a macro for 10 minutes
Hello, I have this setup: When a certain cell changes value folllowing a calculation an automatic email is sent. This uses Worksheet_calculation in which i call a sendmail macro. This works fine. However sometimes the cell value changes too much and too many emails are being send. Therefore i would like to make sure that when a macro event has been triggered, it will not send another email in for example 10 minutes.. Anyone? Thanks in advance. Ivo ps. I already tried application.wait. however in this case the macro continues to run and excel will sort of freeze for those 10 minutes, whic...

Word to Excell2000 macro help
In a nutshell I have pasted a address book from a Word Doc example Bob Smith 1234 turkey Ave Putsville, UT 12345 (999)999-9999 Bill Smith 1235 Hen peck road butte, Mt 65432 (999) 555-5555 etc...... The macro will cut and paste in different cells on the same row bu repeats itself to the original row when I proceede down the page. I built a macro but it is tied to the original cell number. How do I lose the cell number distinction so I can work my way down th document. I have 300 of these.... PLEASE HELP, Do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Could you post the macro, pl...

Can I call a macro from a specific book
I have a number of workbooks open all with a macro called 'MyMacro' in them 2 Questions: 1. When there are a few open, how can I run the macro from a particular book (I want something like: Call Workbooks("Book1.xls").MyMacro) 2. Also... How can I run the MyMacro macro from the ActiveWorkbook? Thanks M Use Application.Run: Code: -------------------- Application.Run "'Book1.xls'!MyMacro" -------------------- Michelle;723207 Wrote: > I have a number of workbooks open all with a macro called &#...

Macro to copy text between two different delimeters
I am trying to write a macro in Excel to select text between cells which contain words. Two challenges: 1.) I need to search for a cell that contains only one-single word "item:" and then copy the contents of the cell just-above that cell 2.) I need to search for a cell that contains only one-single word "component(s):" and then copy all of the rows below that until I find a cell that contains only the word "Zip" Any samples would help for either of these challenges ~Vic This is just an example of technique, not a full solution. This macro searches the activ...

Macro please!
I had some really great help yesterday, thanks to all that contributed! However, I did not have success with the suggestions for this issue, I don't know how to preform a nested function so macros work better for me can anyone construct one for this? Thanks! I'm trying to separate data as follows: From this: AAIM Aircraft Autonomous Integrity Monitor ABAS Aircraft Based Augmenting System. To this: AAIM Aircraft Autonomous Integrity Monitor ABAS Aircraft Based Augmenting System. All caps to column 1 except the first let...

Simple excel macro help
I have recorded a simple macro for data entry that moves to the right several cells, entering info in each and then returning to the starting column. I need to know how to provide for user input at each cell stop across and then when it returns to the starting column to have it loop until data is finished Can anyone provide a simple answer to this? It used to be easy to do this in Lotus way back but I have not done it for a while. Thanks Fred As usual you should post your efforts (not a workbook attachment) for comments and suggestions. You do not have to physically move to each cell to e...

Macro button name Normal.NewMacros.UK instead of UK
Hello I'm trying to create a speller language switching macro into Outlook-Word message window toolbar (seems to be tyhe same as Word toolbar) The macro is created into normal.dot and appears to Macro list normally. But when I name Macro as UK, it appears to Toolbar like Normal.NewMacros.UK, when dragged there. Any ideas how to change name on toolbar to UK? XP Pro, Office 2003 Thanks View | Toolbars | Customize. Right-click the button and edit the caption. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power U...

Call a cmdSend_Click macro; non-click interaction
I am trying to figure out a way to invoke this macro: Private Sub cmdSend_Click() …code End Sub As it is now, action is driven by a click event. I am using propriety software which may require some kind of click event, but I’m not sure about that. How can I call this macro from another macro, without requiring a user to interact by clicking the button. This macro will be called by a worksheet event, which is triggered by a change in a range of cells on another sheet. Thanks! Ryan-- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ...

How turn off macro security question for workbook with no marcos?
When you open a file with macros in medium security you see a dialog box" Security Warning File x.xls contains macros. Do you want to Disable / Enable?" You do not see this dialog box for workbooks that have never had a macro. I created a macro in a workbook and later delete it, but still get the dialog box, even though no macro is present. Is it possible to turn off the Security Warning for a workbook after all macros are deleted and still maintain medium macro security? Dewy After deleting the macro(s) you must also delete the module(s) they resided in. With the workbook o...

macros enable
macros are automatically enabled on my pc but when i send my spreadsheet to work i get it asking me if i wish to enable or disable macros. I always want it to be enable. is there a way I can digitally sign my files at work to stop this message to automatically enable macros? Myfanwy tools>>options>>security>>macro security>>select "low" regards Bill K "myfanwy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e1901c50c3c$70b30a40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > macros are automatically enabled on my pc but when i send > my spr...

Macros don't work
I press Macros, then I select Alt-F1 and record the macro: 1) Press Shift-F3 2) Type in 7.6 3) Hit Enter I then hit Ctrl-F3 and the macro says it has been successfully recorded. However pressing Alt-F1 just makes the mouse cursor jump. It doesn't carry out the Macro. try recording the macro with only keystrokes. not using a mouse. "pangyan" <pangyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27B67708-4F53-4B3F-BA65-750C2DFAC7D6@microsoft.com... >I press Macros, then I select Alt-F1 and record the macro: > 1) Press Shift-F3 > 2) Type in 7.6 > 3) Hit ...

delete rows-macro
I am looking for a macro,that checks a value in a w/sheet range B:B ,if found,delete the row. Example: col a-----------------------col b-----------------------colc john-----------------------manager------------------$500 lucy------------------------supervisor-----------------$250 cathy----------------------manager-------------------$650 Ibrahim-------------------supervisor------------------$325 david----------------------worker----------------------$200 macro should check,suppose a value in b:b 'manager' ,if I run macro,the list will be Col a----------------------col b---------------...

Re: How to do this with macro?
oops. to find the last number in b and subtract a1 =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(9999999,B:B))-A1 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Try this withOUT needing "xx" > =MAX(B:B)-A1 > > To sum col B > =SUM(B2:OFFSET(B2,COUNTA($B:$B),0)) > > -- > Don Guillett > Microsoft MVP Excel > SalesAid Software > dguillett@gmail.com > "Arto K" <arto.koivisto@noadd.fi.inv> wrote in message > news:uz9Pn.17155$if1.13...

Macro not running #2
Why wouldn't this macro work when I copy it to the module? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$j$2" Then On Error Resume Next Application.EnableEvents = False Me.Name = Target.Value Application.EnableEvents = True End If End Sub Run -- mowe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mowen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=846 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46675 mowen, Because the Target.Address does not equal "$j$2"....

Toolbar macros, Personal.xls and the .xlb file
Several of my toolbar buttons are associated with macros. Whenever I update the toolbars I copy my .xlb file to the other 2 or 3 machines I work on. However my Personal.xls file is not located in the same folder on each machine. Consequently after copying the new .xlb file across to the other machines, I have to re-point each button to the correct macro. Is there an easier way of doing this - eg. with some specific macro? Your life will become much simpler if you include code to create the toolbar when the workbook is opened and include code to destroy the toolbar when the workbook is closed...

Automatically run macro when cell value changes
Hi, I use the following macro to insert a header onto a chart located in a worksheet called "chart" based on a cell reference in a different worksheet called "jur": Sub RefHeader() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftHeader = "&""Times New Roman,Bold""&14 " & Sheets("jur").Range("A2").Text End With End Sub I would like to have the above macro automatically run whenever the value of a specific cell (C3) in the "jur" worksheet changes. Is this possible? I have a feeling it must be done with...

macros for text
Hello I have a spread sheet that contains six diferent peoples names in a schedule format throughout the workbook I would like to change each name to a different text color with out having to change each one. I would like a macro that would change the text of each name I select aand chage it in the entire wookbook. so if I have the name steve inthe schedule 70 times it will go through the spreadsheet and change every steve to a red text. (hope this makes sense -- Thank You Steve Have you considered using conditional formatting? You could set this up for one cell, and then copy the con...

Use of video clips in Powerpoint Presentation
I am attempting to 'insert' several mpeg 1 clips as part of a presentation. These clips were created from a DVD camera file. I have checked that the file type is 'associated' with 'Windows Media Player' but I cannot get these files to play. I CAN see a thumbnail image in the 'placeholder' location. It is my hope that these clips can be 'autoplayed' either on click or 'after the last action'. Am I missing something obvious? Looks like i've managed to resolve this myself. I converted the .mpg files to .wmv files and voila! It all...