Links cause PowerPoint to freeze when opening

We are trying to move from 2000 to 2007, but there is a massive issue that is
preventing us from using 2007. All of our reports are created by linking to
excel. This used to work seamlessly in 2000.

But now, if you try to open a report in PowerPoint that is linked to excel,
you are put through a cycle where powerpoint tries to update every link.
Another way to describe this is that PowerPoint and Excel become frozen when
PowerPoint is opened and there seems to be no way to bypass the cycle. The
time it is frozen increases with every link that is in the report, basically
making powerpoint 2007 unusable for any of our reports (which basically means
powerpoint 2007 is useless to us).

From my googling, it seems this is a known issue, but I've yet to google a
solution. Does anybody have any ideas or answers?

Thanks
Jeremy

Opening & Closing Forms
I have a bit of a weird problem, I am currently a student learning advanced C#. Today I decided to make a little program that tests my knowledge while allowing me to learn new things and I hit a little hiccup. Basically my initial form is named frmBackground. I've programmed it to full truescreen mode. As soon as it is loaded, it loads a child form called frmMain which stays on top of frmBackground. The user from there can make a selection via a button and when that selection is made, frmMain needs to close and the new form which the user selected needs to pop up. The problem...

Freezing rows & columns
I have formatted my sheet perfectly, but when I freeze the appropriat section excel inserts a big line (to show whats frozen) thus disruptin my formatting. Is anyone aware of a means of freezing WITHOUT the line? CHEER ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can't hide the "freeze" line. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson So...

Consolidating & Labels
When consolidating a bunch of data and checking "Create Links to Sourc Data," everything works fine but it includes a + or minus icon on th left to click on to see all of the values summed (added rows). Now, my question is: Is it possible to have labels on the left of al of these 40 values or so being summed (only seen when consolidated cel is expanded) and have those labels appear directly to the left of thes values from the source files? This would then make it easy to create pivotTable. Thank you -- rhelle -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to open my job email from home?
How do I gain access to my job email - I was giving a site to go to but I can find it or anything near it. I anyone can help, please help me. On 14/03/2010 17:11, MS wrote: > How do I gain access to my job email - I was giving a site to go to but I can > find it or anything near it. > > I anyone can help, please help me. As we don't know who you work for, or what setup they use then you should ask your IT dept for help in the first instance... ...

Money 2007 crashes when opening
I am having similar problems as to an earlier thread - but I am not able to open up any money files. (Tried the sample, blank one, etc.) The moment I start Money I get 'Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close.'. Here's the error in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Description: Faulting application msmoney.exe, version 16.0.0.614, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00001010. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing all IE temp data, clearing temp f...

Update Links to current Directory??
I have a set of 6 workbooks all in a single directory. Each of the workbooks are linked, pulling data from other workbooks. When I copy the entire directory to a new location(folder), the links still try to go to the older folder. Here is an example formula: The current folder is "folder1" =VLOOKUP(A2,'C:\folder1\[Roster.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1:$E$10,2) If I move to "folder2", the formula still points to "folder1" Is there a way to edit the formulas to reference the current folder? Thanks for your help - Pulcue -- Pulcue ----------------------------...

Fix: OL2003
An interesting issue where one user logged into OWA on another user's system and hosed up the original user's Outlook Client. Problem: USER1 gets message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on." Cause: USER2 used USER1's PC (logged in as USER1) to access email via OWA. Resolution: USER1 logged into OWA with his credentials. Next attempt to open OL2003 was successful. OS: WinXPPro OL: 2003 Since this seems to be a common message I thought I'd post one solution. ...

mutiple open files
For some reason I have three identical open outlook files. They seem to be the same file; any changes to one appear in the others. One is labeled with just my name (Kozmo). The other two are labeled "Outlook Today - [Kozmo]" This may have something to do with the fact that I've relocated my pst file so it can be shared with another computer. Is this normal? To avoid clutter and confusion is there a way to not show two of these? \thanks Kozmo Kozmo <Kozmo@ranchofraunch.com> wrote: > For some reason I have three identical open outlook files. They seem > to b...

Closing All Open Dialogs
Hi all, I am developing Dialog based application.This application contains so many no. of dialogs. So i need to close all open dialogs when i click the button in one dialog like named "Close All". I tried with OnCancel and OnOK both this will close only one dialog of which i called from. So any one can help me. Thanks in advance, SaranG. "SaranG(Saravanan)" wrote: > Hi all, > I am developing Dialog based application.This application > contains so many no. of dialogs. So i need to close all open dialogs > when i click the button in one di...

Can't open certain emails
Hi, Help. I am a computer illiterate and ma having problems opening only certain attachments to emails. The error message comes us saying "OE has removed this unsafe attachment". I know this means that it is protecting me from a virus. Does it mean that the virus is in the attachment or the system from which it came? In other words, is it attachment specific or system specific? It's odd because I seem to get all the junk, but word documents such as meeting minutes and agendas from a city meeting won't open. Is there a way to remove this option? Or am I stuck with ...

Can't open MS Office Outlook 2007
Please help, when I try to open my email I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window." Another message stated "Cannot open your default email folders the file C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst cannot be opened ...

Unable to Link a BOFA California Account #2
Hey. Really want to thank Chester for the following link: https://sitekey.bankofamerica.com/sas/pfmEnrollEntryPoint.do?target=MODEL&req=MON I have been trying to download BOA California for a few weeks now with no success. Turns out since I use Quicken as well you have to make a choice, either you download to MS Money or download to Quicken. I now know I simply can't access BOA through MS Money because I really am prone to Quicken. Personally, I think from what information I have gathered thus far "Yodlee Money Center" is the way to go as far as monitoring accounts goe...

Removing External Links #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that seems to think it needs to link to another spreadsheet, but I know better! I looked under Edit>Links and found the file name and searched for it on all worksheets. I could not find it in the formulas. I checked my named ranges and none of them contain the offending file name. I have buttons to which I have assigned macros, and none of them point to a macro contained in the offending file. Does anyone have other ideas where I might look to remove this external reference? By the way, I am running 2000, which doesn't have the ability to break links. ...

Help in opening templated CColorDialog
Hi, I am trying to open a customized CColorDialog with some additional buttons placed on it. I am following the example given by David Krunglinski in the book Programming VC++. I have derived CColorDialog and in the constructor of the derived class I am providing the following intializations - CMyColorDialog::CMyColorDialog( COLORREF clrInit,DWORD dwFlags, CWnd* pParentWnd):CColorDialog(clrInit,dwFlags,pParentWnd) { m_cc.hInstance = (HWND)AfxGetInstanceHandle(); m_cc.Flags |= CC_ENABLETEMPLATE; m_cc.lpTemplateName = MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_DIALOG1); } I want the IDD_DIALO...

New Mail Message Causes Screen to Freeze
Hi I have Outlook 2003 Within Microsoft Office 2003 Standard. The Mail message editor in use is Microsoft Word (ie Use Microsoft Word as Message Editor is checked) When I create a new mail message, the message window opens, then it appears to freeze for around 20-30 seconds. During this time anything that is input does not appear, and the cursor is not flashing in any region. When its "Freeze" ends the text that has been entered in the mean time then appears. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how it can be rectified. I tried "Detect and Repair" but th...

I cant open a link in a e mail keep getting a message restrictins
Every time i try to open an e mail link I get the message restictins in place please contact system administrator.It was ok before but now it keeps comming up with that message Gordon "Gorgie boy" <Gorgie boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBBC044D-D5B0-436E-96AC-C8D0ABAD4319@microsoft.com... > Every time i try to open an e mail link I get the message restictins in > place > please contact system administrator.It was ok before but now it keeps > comming > up with that message See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_rest...

FrontPage won't open web page
I am having a problem when I open FrontPage to edit one of the web pages on a company intranet. FrontPage opens then before I can select file and open to open a page, it starts flashing at the bottom : Loading M:web\web site...etc. M: is the network drive where my htm files are stored. Sometimes it will let me open a file and sometimes it just keeps flashing. -- Wanda Download FP Cleaner from http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and run the routines that delete the hidden temporary files, and delete the hidden web cache files. Removing these files may help. -- R...

Switch from 11x17 (tabloid) to 8.5x11 in page setup causes scrambling
I have created an 8-page newsletter using "booklet" and "tabloid" paper settings which worked well, but now need to change its template to letter size. The conversion process makes a mess out of the pages. (The original document is 2 sheets of 11x17, printed both sides and I want 4 sheets 8.5x11, printed both sides)Is there a workaround for this problem, or am I doing it totally wrong? Thanks, Jim If you are using 2003 and a built-in newsletter template, Publisher will adjust your pages automatically, with the exception of inserted images. Publisher 2007 it is all manual....

Cannot Download Microsoft PowerPoint Templates
I use Office 2007 Powerpoint, but I have problems trying to download templates. I keep getting a message "Template Download Error Message". Following the instructions, I make sure I'm connected to the Internet, am not in Offline Mode, and I keep trying to download several times without success. The Error Message occurs everytime I try to download. Also, I checked to make sure my PowerPoint program is activated. What else can I do to download these templates without getting the Error Message? -- Dizzy Don Hi Dizzy Don Have you tried downloading them directly...

POP3 Connector Properties Dialog Won't Open
I can't open the POP3 Connector Properties Dialog. When I try to open the dialog, I see it for a split second and then it immediately closes. I have tried to uninstall the Connector using the pop3.msi, but the same thing happenes. Has any had this problem? In news:F8F74FD4-FC2E-43C5-8C5A-538CB70AD672@microsoft.com, LoGalbo <LoGalbo@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't open the POP3 Connector Properties Dialog. When I try to open > the dialog, I see it for a split second and then it immediately > closes. > > I have tried to uninstall the Connector usin...

0 Ordered, 1 Shipped? Causing sales distribution problems
Hello! I am having a problem that I think is causing another, bigger problem. On my invoices, a certain item is coming up as 0 ordered, but 1 shipped (which is logically impossible). Then I receive a message that the sales distribution amount is incorrect and the transaction will not be posted. I see nothing wrong in the distribution accounts, so I assume it has something to do with shipping product where 0 was ordered. Please help! Thank you in advance. Lisa ...

Attachments slow to save/open
[WINDOWS SERVER 2003 / EXCHANGE 2003] Each and every user seems to be having large slow downs anytime they attempt to 'open' or 'save as' an attachment within Outlook. (pdfs, office files, image files... everything!) The file sizes range from 2kb to 20meg; all of which take 30+ seconds to open. All other Outlook functions work without any issues. Ideas? Cheers Brett Disable your PC virus scanner and see if the problem goes away. Just to check, that is. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "Brett Lindsey" <BrettLindsey@discussio...

New/old problem with Powerpoint in Update 2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When MS Office 2008 first came out, Powerpoint was unable to open files created by Powerpoint 2004. This was fixed in Update 1. Update 2 brings the problem back. I cannot open presentations that I created just a few days ago in Powerpoint. This is a MAJOR problem for me. I'm developing several courses and need access to those materials. The first time this occurred I was able to open the presentations using Keynote. Unfortunately I have to send these courses to the university for more processing so that's not ...

Linked Workbooks #3
I have a spread sheet that is liked to another work book. The formula in one cell reads as follows =OFFSET('[New Sales Commission Table (version 1).xls]Sheet1'!$B$2,MATCH(B152,'[New Sales Commission Table (version 1).xls]Sheet1'!$A$3:$A$1874,0),MATCH(G152,'[New Sales Commission Table (version 1).xls]Sheet1'!$C$2:$AC$2,0))*F15 When I open the dependent worksheet (the one that contains this formula), it asks if I want to update. It doen't matter if I sellect "Update" or "Don't Update" the worksheet appears to try and update and I get an error...

i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you #2
Hi, i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN: 1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you Please can anyone send this book to my gmail account. My account is rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com. Get over this man. You already posted this. Stop this nonsense of sending books to you email account. --- Ajay <rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6034dee8-df53-4506-9eb9-8ee137bf83ba@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:...