Link and Embed in 2003

Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or
'link to file' command to insert a picture.  During our development we prefer
to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded.

1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the
picture is linked or embedded?

2.  Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide
presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the
picture as 'insert'

Cheers!
--
Blumburg

In article <07E6153F-5D89-438F-94A1-62FE46D9C235@microsoft.com>, Blumburg wrote:
> Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or
> 'link to file' command to insert a picture.  During our development we prefer
> to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded.
>
> 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the
> picture is linked or embedded?

PowerPoint doesn't give you any help with this.  You'd need to take notes or use
VBA or an add-in.

I have a commercial add-in called FixLinks that does quite a few useful things
with PPT's links.

But don't buy it.

Download the free, non-time-limited demo.  It includes a Links Report tool
that'll list the linked images and tell you want slide each is on.

http://www.pptools.com/fixlinks/

> 2.  Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide
> presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the
> picture as 'insert'

This is your lucky day.  <g>

The free FixLinks demo will also do that.

TIP: How to embed linked images
http://www.pptools.com/fixlinks/FAQ00032.htm

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

not able to link chart points from same series
I'm working on a chart that pull information from several pages. Tha table is able to plot information correctly in the graph but I can't seem to link the dots on the chart with a line. Everytime I try a linear chart or a scatered chart with smoth lines, the lines start from the x axis and reach the dot rather than connecting dots from the same series. suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If the points are not in the same series (i.e., the data source is from different sheets, not a single summary sheet), you will never link them. If you have gaps, true actual blanks (n...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

copy does not work in word 2003

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

make outlook automatically delete html mail with linked images
The junk mail filter should be able to automatically delete html mail with linked images ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e1b783b-c9c1-44f2-a1dd-93da59216c56&dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Lotus123 Millennium Edition 9 to Excel 2003
I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 Thanks Excel does not have a converter for .123 format files so you would have to either convert such files to Excel format or .WK4 format from 1-2-3 or use a conversion program like Conversions Plus (www.datawiz.com). -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "NR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:354b01c4aa1b$58c65b90$a401280a@phx.gbl... |I have several files in Lotus 123 Mellennium ed 9. | Is there a way to convert files in Excel 2000/2003 | Thanks ...