Iterate through shape's master shapes

Hi,
I prepared master slide M1 with one special shape. I put into that shape
some information ( in tags property). Now I am creating new slides A,B,C and
I use that one master slide M1 for this and I add new shapes on that new
slides A, B, C.
What I want to achieve is go through all new slides, then get shape which
belongs to master slide and change its text to something different on each
slide. But in Shapes collection in current slide there is no master's slide.
So I check
myPresentation.Slides[i].Master.Shapes[j] and I found my special shape with
tag data inside. Then I change text ... and it is changed on each slides not
only current one. Can I set master slide shape's text to different values ?

Regards,
Piotr

Shapes / Text on the master will appear (the same) on all slides using that
master. You would have to have duplicate masters.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

On 2/10/10 10:01 AM, Beautiful Piotr wrote:
> Hi,
> I prepared master slide M1 with one special shape. I put into that shape
> some information ( in tags property). Now I am creating new slides A,B,C and
> I use that one master slide M1 for this and I add new shapes on that new
> slides A, B, C.
> What I want to achieve is go through all new slides, then get shape which
> belongs to master slide and change its text to something different on each
> slide. But in Shapes collection in current slide there is no master's slide.
> So I check
> myPresentation.Slides[i].Master.Shapes[j] and I found my special shape with
> tag data inside. Then I change text ... and it is changed on each slides not
> only current one. Can I set master slide shape's text to different values ?
>
> Regards,
> Piotr

What John said and ...

What version of PowerPoint are you using? Slide masters have changed
over the years so you might not be accessing the master properly.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Piotr wrote:
> Hi,
> I prepared master slide M1 with one special shape. I put into that shape
> some information ( in tags property). Now I am creating new slides A,B,C and
> I use that one master slide M1 for this and I add new shapes on that new
> slides A, B, C.
> What I want to achieve is go through all new slides, then get shape which
> belongs to master slide and change its text to something different on each
> slide. But in Shapes collection in current slide there is no master's slide.
> So I check
> myPresentation.Slides[i].Master.Shapes[j] and I found my special shape with
> tag data inside. Then I change text ... and it is changed on each slides not
> only current one. Can I set master slide shape's text to different values ?

Shapes placed on the master will appear on every slide based on that master.

PowerPoint doesn't make COPIES of these shapes that you can change individually
on each slide, it just shows the shape itself

It sounds like you might need to locate the master shape then copy/paste it to
the slides where you want to change the text.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
2/10/2010 4:47:05 PM
Hi ,

I use PPT 2007. So if I proper understand: I need to get current slide's
master slide, then create its copy and assign to current slide that new copy.
Then I have one master slide per "normal" slide and I can change any shape on
that new created master. Can You provide any code for such operation ? I can
iterate slides/shapes buy I could not find a way to copy master and re-assign
to slide,

Regards,
Piotr

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <52E8D4E5-6445-4606-A112-8E0535CBC5F2@microsoft.com>, Beautiful
> Piotr wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I prepared master slide M1 with one special shape. I put into that shape
> > some information ( in tags property). Now I am creating new slides A,B,C and
> > I use that one master slide M1 for this and I add new shapes on that new
> > slides A, B, C.
> > What I want to achieve is go through all new slides, then get shape which
> > belongs to master slide and change its text to something different on each
> > slide. But in Shapes collection in current slide there is no master's slide.
> > So I check
> > myPresentation.Slides[i].Master.Shapes[j] and I found my special shape with
> > tag data inside. Then I change text ... and it is changed on each slides not
> > only current one. Can I set master slide shape's text to different values ?
>
> Shapes placed on the master will appear on every slide based on that master.
>
> PowerPoint doesn't make COPIES of these shapes that you can change individually
> on each slide, it just shows the shape itself
>
> It sounds like you might need to locate the master shape then copy/paste it to
> the slides where you want to change the text.
>

> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/
>

> .

Changing the shape colour from Custom properties
Hi, I would like to change the color of a shape by a corresponding custom properties value (Visio 2003). Lets say Prop.A has a value "Red, Blue, Green, Yellow" Under Line Format, LineColor, I need the formula to hook up the corresponding color number. I have been trying to do so by using the a nested IF statement, but I am running out of options now. Is there someone who can give me some help? Thanks, Arnold Use the LOOKUP function, check out the Visio SDK https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa223760(office.11).aspx On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 22:34:05 +0200, "Arnold&quo...

Graphic/Picture/Shape return possible?
I would like a graphic, picture, or a shape to be displayed when a value falls within a particular range of numerical scenarios. I'm currently using an IF formula to return a numerical "grade" when values fall within a particular range, but would like to make the look a little more interesting by using something fun to look at. Any help is appreciated! You could use a worksheet event. And since it's the result of an =If() statement, you'd want to use the worksheet_calculate event. Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select view code and p...

Is there a way to build a 'master list' of holidays and have that picked up on individual Outlook calendars?
Any suggestions? Thank you. bj wrote: > Any suggestions? > > Thank you. See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. PS: Pls post by putting a summary of your question in the subject line & full details in the body of your message. Thanks! Thank you for all the replay. I followed the instructions and created the form. After I clickd on the "Add Holidays" button, nothing is happening. Please help!! "bj" <bj@msn,com> wrote in message news:%23sWT5Bt3EHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any suggestions? > > Thank yo...

Network Shapes
OK... I know that i've done this before, but I can't remember. I have a generic shape that does not fit into the rack the way all the other shapes do. The other shapes show an outer box with two connection points near the bottom. This generic shape shows the outline of the shape with several connection points all the way around it. Its a network switch shape. Any push in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks... What is it that you want to accomplish? "Britt Shaw" <bshaw@skybest-junk.com> wrote in message news:%23NAd7To%23DHA.3536@tk2msftngp13.phx.g...

bell-shape normal distribution curve
I know a rough bell-shaped curve can be drawn in Excel using random numbers. Can normal distribution curves showing an area under the curve, i.e z-test or t-test area, be drawn in Excel? If yes, how? Thanks If you know what you want for your X and Y coordinates, you can use this tutorial http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart.html "SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DB295F-0686-4114-B2F5-CBAA71D5EC02@microsoft.com... >I know a rough bell-shaped curve can be drawn in Excel using random >numbers. > Can normal distribution cur...

insert a field from custom properties in the label shape
I tried to insert a "custom propertie" in the label of a shape from the "Basic Network Shapes 3D" stencil, but when i try to insert ("label" -> Insert Field... -> Custom Properties) nothing appears in the "Field:" text box for the category "Custom Properties". How can i resolve this problem? Thank You. jmc Right-click the Shape \ Format \ Behavior Under "Group behavior", select "Edit Text of Group" You should now be able to add a Field of Custom Properties in the text of the shape -- -ronnie [MS] This postin...

Mouse pointer changes to hourglass shape
I've just put up the trial version of visio. Very frequently, when stuffing around trying to get a connection line organized the way I want it, the mouse pointer changes to an hourglass shape. I can continue to use it (treating the middle of the hourglass as the tip of the pointer) but it's very irritating. I can clear it back to the standard arrowhead pointer by right-clicking, but that brings up the context menu, which I then have to dismiss. Very irritating. My system is a fully-updated Windows 2000 Professional. Graphics card is a Matrox G550 with the latest driver. Any ...

How to edit a Visio shape?
the current shape, "patch panel.52" is 2U high, and has 2 rows of ports depicted. I want one 1U high with 1 row of ports. When I "open the shape" I get the constituent sub shapes which are all 2 rows of various shapes & colors. I appear to only be able to delete whole sub shapes vs cut them down. Any suggestions? Can you provide more details of how you want to change the shape and what stencil the shape comes from? Since this is a grouped shape, you should NOT try to ungroup it. (Usually after a set of shapes are grouped, extra features are added to the grou...

Link Child Field and Master Field
Hello, I am trying to remember how to link a subform to a form. I believe use child and master fields but for the life of me I can't remember how to do this. Any help would be great! Thanks, Open your main form in design view, select the subform control and open Properties to the Data tab. LinkMaster should be the Primary Key of the recordsource of the main form and LinkChild should be the Foreign Key of the recordsource of the subform. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Karl" <Ka...

HowTo: L-shaped application (title&menu&tool-bar at top plus tree on left) ?
I want to have an SDI application with a non-rectangular shape ... kind of an "L" on its side. It should have the title-bar, menu, and a tool-bar along the top, and a tree control on the left side: TitleBar.TitleBar.TitleBar.TitleBar.TitleBar.TitleBar. Menu.Menu.Menu.Menu.Menu.Menu.Menu.Menu. Toolbar.Toolbar.Toolbar.Toolbar.Toolbar.Toolbar. Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree The intent is to have 1 or more child applications in the "empty" space under the Titlebar+Menu+Toolbar and to the right of the tree control ... and not covered up when the focus is on the &q...

how to 'add shapes' after reverse engineering a large db
how to 'add shapes' after reverse engineering a large db: folks: i reverse engineered a large oracle db (509 tables, plus views and stored procedures, etc etc). if i eliminate all 'views' from the selection criteria, i can copy the list of tables from the 'tables and views' frame to the diagram frame, and a relationship diagram will get populated. but if i keep all tables and views, and do the same, visio 2003 will stop responding. not sure what's wrong? the process i'm using, selecting all tables from 'tables and views' and dragging to the diagr...

I need a shape for a IP Phone
I'm using Visio, and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a shape available for an IP Phone. I'd start looking in a couple of locations, try www.cisco.com first try john marshall's site for pointers (www.mvps.org/visio) try www.visiocafe.com al "Tes" <Tes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304716E0-DEBB-4774-AB31-C63A9EFC77F2@microsoft.com... > I'm using Visio, and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a shape > available for an IP Phone. Check Cisco's website, they have one. "Tes" <Tes@discussions.microsoft...

UDF Drawing Shape Not Re-Positioning
Hello, I created two (2) User Defined Equations (UDF). The second UDF changes the size of a circle and repositions it with reference to a circle from the first UDF. When a user changes the value of cell, the diameter of the inside circle will change and should re-position it to always touch the bottom of the outside circle. However, when the user changes diameter, the position will not update until the cell (with the UDF) is double clicked + enter, or ctrl+alt+f9 is pressed. I=92ve tried Application.Volatile with no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks! Fun...

Prog-created categories don't appear in the Master Category List... but can't be added because they exist.
Hello, We're migrating from another mail system to Exchange and a lot of our users have distribution lists in their personal address books. Our own migration utility is migrating the distribution lists using categories. It works fine; for each group it creates the individual contacts and a category, then assigns the contacts to the category. However there's one problem: the new category doesn't appear in the Master Category List. And when we try to create it manually, Outlook says that we can't because it already exists. Anyone know of a solution or workaround please? We...

text boxes to shapes
Hello, I am trying to get the user to input their name in a text box and then have it appear in a shape on the next page. Public username As String Sub SetUserdata() username = TextBox1.Text ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes ("Name1").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = username End Sub above is the code i am using but it doesnt like the TextBox1.Text bit, anyone know how I can get around this? thanks Nick On Jan 18, 3:54=A0pm, Nickooo87 <mmmm_superma...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to get the user to input their name in a text...

Edit Master/Child Links
Hi All, When a subform is first setup I get the opportunity to edit the master/child relationship, but can never remember how to get back to that screen. Anyone know what I mean and can advise please. Regards. Bill. 1. Open the main form in design view. 2. Right-click the edge of the subform control, and choose Properties. 3. It's on the Data tab of the Properties box. The trick is that you need to get the properties of the subform *control*, not the properties of the form in the subform control. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users...

Need item master to include multiple manufacturer part numbers.
GP Manufacturing Suite needs to have ability to support multiple manufacture and manufacturer part numbers to facilitiate second sources. It does not seem there is any such capability to do so now. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

when to use the Extract shape in flow chart
would like to know when to use the Extract shape in flow chart? I think this article by Nicholas Hebb may be helpful: http://www.breezetree.com/article-excel-flowchart-shapes.htm He says it's used when a process splits into parallel paths. Good luck : ) "arma" wrote: > would like to know when to use the Extract shape in flow chart? ...

master
Hello. I have two dataTables. h - header. l - lines. just hypothetic situation : The header represents an invoice, and lines represent invoice lines. I link the header to a datatable by BindingSource object, and also the lines. When choosing another row of the header, the lines are new one, that are linked to new header_id (the key of header table). I want to update only one time : when I press OK button in the screen. I can do changes to other header rows, and other lines (with not the same header_id). When I go to another line of the header (another header_id), th...

How do I create a set of sheets that will update from a master?
I'm using excel to outline a publicity campaign for 4 groups. I want one overall sheet with all the groups and seperate sheets with more detailed info - is there anyway of typing into both a master copy and an other copy at the same time? You can reference a cell in another sheet eg in A1 on Sheet1 enter =Sheet2!C4 so that whatever you type in Sheet2 C4 also appears in Sheet1 A1. It sounds like you want a summary sheet and 4 details sheets. In a cell on the summary sheet, type = into a cell, click on the tab of one of your detail sheets, click the cell you want duplicating and pre...

Chart
I use Excel 2007. I have a chart with a 'line' shape. I see the shape in edit mode, print preview, and also when printed. However, when I share the file with my boss (who uses vs. 2003) she can see the line shape but when she prints it becomes invisible. Any ideas? Thanks RDS Try grouping the line and the chart. The click one, hold CTRL and right click the other, use Group OR: delete the line; click the chart and re-add the line while the chart is still selected then the two will be grouped best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remov...

Item Master Update
I would like to know what tasks, procedures or actions within GP affects the Item Master (IV00101) regarding the field CURRENT COST. This is the scenario that i have and its why i am asking.... I have a manufacture item lets call it ETV If i go to the manufacturing BOM my ETV build cost is: 119.3077 dollars If i go to the Item Master my ETV cost is: 125.11 dollars I know that labor is added so i created a stored procedure where it gives me the number of manufactured items, the cost of the bom based on the components last receipt, landed cost for each component on last receipt, selling price...

user created shapes non printing
I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed before. When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing. Can I change this behavior? How are you creating the new shape? Also are you using layers in your document? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ec427f7.0409231005.576...

How many categories can be added to the Master Category list?
Hi, Is there a limit on the number of categories that can be added to the Master category list in outlook 2003 other than disk space constraints? (pls see the reason for my question below) I am in order mgmnt. I create a folder for each month. I move all the orders to that folder and view/group them by categories(which is the customer name i added to the category list) which allows me to view them by cateogories(which is the customer name)and also if I want I can view them by date within the same folder.For each new customer, I add a category to the master category list. I prefer this to...

how to dump freeform coordinates (a plot shape)
Help sais: Display cell contents in a shape or text box Click the AutoShape or text box you want to link. In the formula bar, type an equal sign (=). Click the worksheet cell that contains the data or text you want to link to. Press ENTER. Note You cannot use this procedure in a freeform, scribble, line, -> but this is what I want! I want to process the line data. I have a coarse set of x,y data that look nice when I get a shape between the point, not just straight lines between points. How can I get/dump an improved/ more dense set of coordinates positioned at the smooth shape? ...