is there a faster way to get text

Everytime I want to type something, I have to go back up to the Text Box, is
there a quick key stroke that will allow me to keep typing without having to
click on the Text Box over and over again?

Denise,
If you have PPT 2003, double click the textbox icon on the drawing toolbar.
From that moment on you can click and type as many textboxes as you will. To
stop just press escape or double click the icon again.
If you have PPT 2007, you can do the same thing by right-clicking the
textbox icon to lock the button.

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

On May 21, 12:00=A0pm, Luc <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Denise,
> If you have PPT 2003, double click the textbox icon on the drawing toolba=
r.
> From that moment on you can click and type as many textboxes as you will.=
> stop just press escape or double click the icon again.
> If you have PPT 2007, you can do the same thing by right-clicking the
> textbox icon to lock the button.
>
> Luc Sanders
> MVP - PowerPoint
>
> "Denise" wrote:
> > Everytime I want to type something, I have to go back up to the Text Bo=
x, is
> > there a quick key stroke that will allow me to keep typing without havi=
ng to
> > click on the Text Box over and over again?

Hi,
This is a helful trick, but in my PP 2007 it dose not work. Neither in
Inssert tab or Drawing or in Custom toolbar. What do I do wrong?
Thanks,
Natasa
0
Tamutka
5/22/2010 6:47:08 AM
Tamutka,
You are quite right it does not work for textboxes in PPT 2007, I did not
have PPT 2007 available at the time of answering the question, so I
naturally assumed it would be the same for 2007. It works for other drawing
tools though.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Tamutka" <tamutka@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
On May 21, 12:00 pm, Luc <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Denise,
> If you have PPT 2003, double click the textbox icon on the drawing
> toolbar.
> From that moment on you can click and type as many textboxes as you will.
> stop just press escape or double click the icon again.
> If you have PPT 2007, you can do the same thing by right-clicking the
> textbox icon to lock the button.
>
> Luc Sanders
> MVP - PowerPoint
>
> "Denise" wrote:
> > Everytime I want to type something, I have to go back up to the Text
> > Box, is
> > there a quick key stroke that will allow me to keep typing without
> > having to
> > click on the Text Box over and over again?

Hi,
This is a helful trick, but in my PP 2007 it dose not work. Neither in
Inssert tab or Drawing or in Custom toolbar. What do I do wrong?
Thanks,
Natasa

0
Luc

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

Getting rid of #value
How am I able to add a column of numbers when one of the numbers in the formula is itself a formula that results in #VALUE (because that number the product of zero times another number)? Thanks First, the product of zero and another number shouldn't be giving you #VALUE!. Your best bet is to fix or bypass whatever is causing the #VALUE! error. If you can't do that for some reason, array-enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A20),"",A1:A20)) In article <_e6dnZvUCo7b1mHdRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net>...

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24
I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav something like this: arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in colum C 10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00 2:00 and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this? I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system Format Custom as [h]:mm No need to use 1904 date system -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "El Ixmahana" <ElIxmahana...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

text in cell shows up as ####

Getting information from strings
Hi, I have created a database which takes the audit history of tickets, and stores it in a memo field. I have some code which will examine this field to find the first team that a ticket was assigned to, however I have a requirement to build an "assignment history". This history should consist of each team in turn that the ticket was assigned to, which will be output to a text file (I have written code for outputting to the file). I have tried using left$ and right$ to no avail, so any advice I could get would be great. For information, every time a ticket is assigned, an ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called
Hello, For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called. I am using the usual syntax: in the .cpp file: ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_CLEAR, OnUpdateEditClear) void CDrawView::OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(!m_selection.IsEmpty()); } in the .h file: afx_msg void OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI); The other handlers (for example for ID_EDIT_CUT) work normally Thanks for advice Vaclav "Vaclav" <vjedlicka@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:u5Wc3LKJIHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_...

Hide text box
I am trying to hide a text box on a subform if a check box is = to false. I am close in doing so, but not there yet. This is what I have In the AfterUpdate property of the check box I have the following: Private Sub RevisedGrant_AfterUpdate() If Me![RevisedGrant] = True Then If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to revise this grant?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Me![RevisedGrant] = False MsgBox "Grant will NOT be revised", vbOKOnly Forms![DataEntryFrm]![ItemSubFrm]![Total$ofItemsRequestedSubfrm].Form![Revised Total Approved].Visibl...

Figures locked in text format
I imported data from a web page and used the feature that allows me to post the info to Excel with the destination formatting of the file I am posting it to. However, when I try to manipulate the data, as I have done in the past with other data, it will not let me reformat the text to number- no matter what I do to it. I've tried everything! I want to be able to sum the column, etc. Give us an example of the data you are working with. And what have you tried to "do to it"? Regards, Fred "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

getting hwnd from activex
Hi to everybody! I'm getting following problem: I have written activex control using atl. Then i have inserted it into mfc application. When I’m trying to implement com class to interfere with control, the wizard crashes, so I have changed the control so, that is returns its interface pointer on specific message. But now I’m getting following problem: when i'm trying to get hwnd of my control, GetDlgItem() always returns NULL. Is there any way to get HWND from active x control? "menkaur" <menkaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<73BEF4A6-E389...

Importing Unicode Text File
Hi, I have a CSV (comma seperated) text file. The text in this file is Unicode (UTF-8). I can open the file in Notepad and, if I use a Unicode font, see the characters are correct in my text file. However, when I try to open this in Excel, it gets mangled- -the Japanese characters get converted into jibberish. I've tried opening a blank file, then using "Import External Data", but the Japanese characters in the file still wind up getting corrupted. What's BETTER is to change the "File Origin" to something other than my default of Windows(ANSI) to someth...