Intermittent File Security Warning

Several of my PowerPoint presentations use video clips. Rather than imbed
them in the file, I keep them in a folder and use links to run them. When I
click "Play," I get the "Some files contain viruses..." for some of them and
some I don't. I'd rather not disable the warning when it is appropriate, but
don't want it popping up when accessing files in my own pc. I added the
"video folder" to trusted locations, but I still get the warnings. Very
annoying and looks like amateur night when making presentations. Are there
any solutions to this short of disabling this warning feature? I didn't have
this until I updated from Vista to Windows 7.

Bravochief

you could try these workarounds.... no guarantee it will work in win7 though.

Some files can contain viruses ..." message when clicking a hyperlink
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00406.htm

If it does - could you report back what worked for you?

cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

"Bravochief" <Bravochief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several of my PowerPoint presentations use video clips. Rather than imbed
> them in the file, I keep them in a folder and use links to run them. When I
> click "Play," I get the "Some files contain viruses..." for some of them and
> some I don't. I'd rather not disable the warning when it is appropriate, but
> don't want it popping up when accessing files in my own pc. I added the
> "video folder" to trusted locations, but I still get the warnings. Very
> annoying and looks like amateur night when making presentations. Are there
> any solutions to this short of disabling this warning feature? I didn't have
> this until I updated from Vista to Windows 7.

0
TAJ
5/12/2010 1:56:39 PM
high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD
hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com

Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price?  China
Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you

we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can
offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are
the best brand replica goods whih are look the same as the original goods.
excellent quality and steady supply for them. we have been marketed in Europe
and American for 3 year. all the goods we offer are AAA quality.  our soccer
jersey are Thailand style. If any goods you buy from my company have problem,
we will refund or resend them again. Most of ourProducts have no minimum
order requirements,soyou can shop retail goods at wholesale prices. if you
can buy more than 300usd. We offer free shipping. The more you buy the more
discount for you.

National soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
Club soccer jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
NBA Jerseys: http://www.willpa.com
T-shirt and shirt: http://www.willpa.com
Tracksuit: http://www.willpa.com
Hoody & Jackets: http://www.willpa.com
UGG boots: http://www.willpa.com
Hair style: http://www.willpa.com
shopping Index: http://www.willpa.com

EMS shipping.  7days arrive, paypal accept

want more information pls contact us or check our website: www.willpa.com

fopen for a network path file
hey ppl, can u pls help me out on this.i am able to easily open a file with fopen in a network path but when i use it as a service with the same fopen function it relly doesnt work.if i write log for the function it says not able to open the file? can u tell why is that so???? why this discrepany when i use it as a windows service and not in an application? pls help me out thanks!!! On Sep 26, 5:06 pm, sriram bala <sriramga...@gmail.com> wrote: > hey ppl, > > can u pls help me out on this.i am able to easily open a file with > fopen in a network path but when i use it as a...

Deserialize an XML file with multiple namespaces...
Hopefully I can ask this question without regaling you kind people in too many gory details. Here's what I'm trying to do: - I have a local XML file with a .GPX extension which I downloaded from www.geocaching.com. - The file contains a bunch of elements called <WPT> - Within the WPT elements are a number of other elements <time>, <sym>, <groundspeak:name>... - The non-qualified elements come from a schema/namespace at http://www.topografix.com/GPX/ - The qualified elements come from a schema/namespace at http://www.groundspeak.com/cache - I ran xsd.exe with th...

Converting Claris Impact files (old Apple files) to M'soft Visio"
Hello I understand the the best way to access old Claris Impact files are to convert using m'soft visio. I'm completely new to this application & will be grateful if anyone can take me throughm the process of doing this. I've had a look at the Versiontracker website on salvaging claris impact files but I couldn't work out how it could help me! I really need some step by step help. I've got Visio 2007 installed on my XP Pro computer Many thanks Perhaps this link might help: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Orbital+Successfully+Completes+File+Converter+to+Allow+Cla...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

All office apps close without warning
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hello, I just bought Office 2008 for Mac, and although I love this new version, every application (Word, Excel, etc) close on me (due to an unexpected error) constantly while I'm trying to use them. It results in a loss of data, and has become extremely frustrating for me, since I rely on these apps. I got the newest update to work (12.1.17), but it does NOT clear up the problem. I bought the student license for Office 2008 at my university bookstore, so it is a one-time installation (re-installation is not an option)...

'Some' Word files suddently corrupted
Just today, when I attempted to open some older MS Word (2003) files (in MS Word 2003), a dialog box appeared requesting the type of encoding required. The text appeared all jumbled and included numerous meaningless characters, rather than the original English text. I had recently installed OpenOffice 3.1 in an attempt to open some older OpenOffice documents. I uninstalled OpenOffice but the problem remains? What has happened and is there a reasonable 'cure?' Do the file icons appear to be different than what they were before? It may be that the file association has been...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

double opening files
When I try to open an Excel file, MS Excel seems to open the document twice, thereby creating an error the second time it opens and will only open a read-only document saying someone else has it open. Is this is BUG and is there a PATCH I can download? This is with MS Excel 97 on an NT platform thanks Elaine ;) I got a similar problem using Excel 97 on an Windows XP machine, which was soved by uninstalling then reinstaling Excel 97. hth AndyO "elaine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0c01c3b03f$cdbd2860$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try ...

error opening ppt file
I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text converter is installed for this file type. karan In article <a888f8cd-1391-4124-80c0- 631197290d7a@y28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, Guddu wrote: > I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created > by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text > converter is installed for this file type. Have a look here: "PowerPoint can't open the type of file represented by [FILENAME]"...

transferring outlook express files to new computer
I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop. I have tried to use the export feature but it is not working. In scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files in order to make this work??? I don't have these programs on my old computer - just OE. I tried copying all the email files/folders into the proper/corresponding directory on my laptop but they just don't show up. I really really don't want to lose all my email. Is there a solution? Many thanks and feel free to email me a julie@crowbold.com ...

How to share info from one file to another?
I am wondering how I can share something perhaps from a cell of "file 1 to "file 2." I am familiar with how to do it from worksheet t worksheet within a single file. From what I have heard I know that i can be done but both files have to be located in the same folder. Correct me if I am wrong and please tell me briefly how it can be done I appologize if this is a newbie question. Thanks Chip Carlto -- ChipCarlto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ChipCarlton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Change the icon on Microsoft apps files?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me how to change the icon on a Microsoft file/shortcut = -- for example, an excel spreadsheet or MCE recording? ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA9CFE.DD0ACFE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META con...

Denied file access
When I attempt to open my money program, I get a message that says, There is a problem with your Windows security settings. I use Windows 98 and Money 2000. ...

Export excel file to semicolon delimited text file
Hello all. We have the need to export a file from excel to a semicolon delimited text file. Is there a way to do this from Excel directly? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA for your help. If you change your regional settings to use the semicolon as your list separator, you can save as .csv and it should work. But this may affect other programs, too--since it's a windows setting. windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options| regional options tab|customize button near the bottom. On the other hand, if you don't want to fiddle with...

Deleting a excel file
Thanks for reading. I'm on a network at work, no signing in needed on the computer. Is there a way I can make a Excel file or folder and have where others can't delete it? I know how to protect it where the file can't be changed, but sometimes someone will delete it. I know this is the Windows 2000 security question but hope to fine the answer here, I'm lost. Thanks Much Bob Talk to your IT staff. Ask them to give you a share or folder on that network that only you (and a trusted co-worker) have write access to. But make...

Importing QIF files
I download and save the QIF file from my bank. I then import the file into Money 2004. When I review the enteries in my credit card relative to the QIF file I find the following: QIF: P7-ELEVEN 123456 Anytown VA M04: Eleven Anytown VA (Lost the "7-" and the store number) QIF: PJoe's 145345 Anytown VA M04: Joe S Anytown (lost the apostrophe, capitalized the "S", lost the state) QIF: PMR. CLEAN CAR WASH ANYTOWN VA M04: Mr Clean Car Wash Anytown (Lost the period, lost the state, lost the capitalization) I checked and in both cases there are no payee name va...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

Merge two excel files
I have two excel files with the same cell layout. Some of the entries in the first file are identical to the second file. How do I merge the two files so that the resulting file has no duplicates? Thanks in advance. Tom -- So long and thanks for all the fish! Tom, Copy the entries from the second file into the first, below the other entries (don't copy the header row). Then save the file under a new name. I'm going to assume that your data starts in cell A2, with headers in row 1, and extends down the page. In a column to the right of the data table, enter a formul...

Converting Adobe PageMaker 6.5 files
Does anyone know if you can convert Adobe PageMaker version 6.5 files so that I can use MS Publisher 2007 to edit these files? I suspect the only way is the copy/paste solution. If you don't have PageMaker, maybe Adobe has help. There is a forum here that might have a solution: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460491;jsessionid=39FEE1914BD4E0C9DF28733ADF71F413.node0?tstart=0 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SmithinSA" <SmithinSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CCB0500-7E15-4EDC-BC04-775B41F13D8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you can ...

can't see text in any office files anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX. <br> what's wrong??? <br> do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix? ...

Outlook security features in VB
Hi, I am using MAPI in VB to access outlook to sent email out based the email ID in excel file. When every new email was sent, the popup box shows "A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ...." Is there any way to turn off this feature? I am using W2k and Office XP. Thanks in advance. Wilson ...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

MDI App will no longer open file by double clicking associated filetype
OK, I had an app which was originally based upon an MDI app. It has been 'modded' to add various functionalities with code from www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com. Unfortunately, I just recently noticed that the ability to double click on the associated filetype (from a folder, desktop, etc) now no longer works. Instead, I get a messagebox: Title: (pathname of file) Message: Windows cannot find '(pathname of file).' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. This is on Windows XP. ...

Link footer of one file to cells in another file
Is this possible? Only via code... Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm If you want to read more about these kinds of events: Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Laura wrote: > > Is this po...

downloading files from http server
hi! i've got following problem: i have to download a .dat file from http server. I'm trying to do this using CHttpFile. When the file has extension like .htm or html evetithing works fine, but when m change the extension to ..dat the program throws exception (place: pFile->SeekToEnd() - i'm doing this to get file size). How to correct this kind error? How about using URLDownloadToFile? Its rather straightforward. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "menkaur" <menkaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22491173-E754-4958-B181-9E700...