Inserted Pictures keep disappearing replaced w/ white box with a r

I have never had this problem in power point before. I opened an old
presentation to update it (Professional Edition 2003).  Photos I had inserted
were gone and replaced with white squares with red Xs.  I tried to replace
the photos and saved it.  When I went to reopen today, the photos are gone
again.  HELP!  Also, when I open the folder and point to the file I want to
open, the small "Details" icon still shows my photos as being there, but
they're not there; when I try to print, it's the white square with the red x.
 Thanks for any support anyone can give me!
MJ

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CACA94.053217E0

This should help.

RED X instead of graphics
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00064.htm=20

--=20
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"Mary Jo" <Mary Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I have never had this problem in power point before. I opened an old=20
> presentation to update it (Professional Edition 2003).  Photos I had =
inserted=20
> were gone and replaced with white squares with red Xs.  I tried to =
replace=20
> the photos and saved it.  When I went to reopen today, the photos are =
gone=20
> again.  HELP!  Also, when I open the folder and point to the file I =
want to=20
> open, the small "Details" icon still shows my photos as being there, =
but=20
> they're not there; when I try to print, it's the white square with the =
red x.=20
> Thanks for any support anyone can give me!
> MJ
------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CACA94.053217E0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dunicode" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">This should help.<BR><BR>RED X instead of=20
graphics<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00064.htm">http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ0006=
4.htm</A>=20
<BR><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; Michael Koerner<BR>MS MVP -=20
PowerPoint<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Mary Jo" &lt;Mary =
Jo@discussions.microsoft.com&gt;=20
wrote in message=20
news:A91D2109-680D-4595-A1A8-3A9EF8A0C1D1@microsoft.com...<BR>&gt; I =
have never=20
had this problem in power point before. I opened an old <BR>&gt; =
presentation to=20
update it (Professional Edition 2003).&nbsp; Photos I had inserted =
<BR>&gt; were=20
gone and replaced with white squares with red Xs.&nbsp; I tried to =
replace=20
<BR>&gt; the photos and saved it.&nbsp; When I went to reopen today, the =
photos=20
are gone <BR>&gt; again.&nbsp; HELP!&nbsp; Also, when I open the folder =
and=20
point to the file I want to <BR>&gt; open, the small "Details" icon =
still shows=20
my photos as being there, but <BR>&gt; they're not there; when I try to =
print,=20
it's the white square with the red x. <BR>&gt; Thanks for any support =
anyone can=20
give me!<BR>&gt; MJ</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CACA94.053217E0--

0
Michael

Excel problem, File disappeared.
I created a file in Excel on a WinXP PC that I called pron.xls and saved it in the my documents folder, I then decided to move it and using Windows Commander F6 key (Rename and Move) I attempted to move it to a different folder and rename it to prn.xls at the same time. This process caused the file to disappear!! I now realise that this was because prn.xls is an invalid name. I tried to search for the original and new names but neither existed. There is no sign of it in the recycle bin either. Is there anyway of retreiving the lost data? Steve Barrowcliff As far as I'm aware no....

The Settings button keeps disappearing
Hi, I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I access the site, I see all the buttons (Workplace, Sales, etc) except the Settings button. If I reboot, the button is back. My security role is system Admin. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks! Simon Are you running the Microsoft CRM Outlook Desktop client in parallel? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Simon Renshaw" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I > access the site, I s...

I have a red pencil box
It's red and holds pencils. ...

Inserting specific images based on product.
Hi Everyone, I'm very knew to the CRM product and was curious... For example, I am customizing a CRM interface for a company with a wide range of products. They would like to add a tab to each of their product displays showing an image of that product. I added the tab (learning how thanks to this newsgroup) but I only know how to insert a graphic using an IFRAME in the form view which in turn displays the SAME image for all product listings. Does this make sense? Basically I'm asking...is there a way to display individual images for specific products, not strictly on the fo...

How to Replace Numbers with Phrases
-- Jerry ...

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

Inbox and unread box
What's the purpose of having an inbox and an unread box in my outlook 2003. They both read the same number of messages. Is it a duplicate? With Outlook xp, it would simply show a number in black, to let me know the number of unopened messages. Now, there seems to be a separate folder entitled "unread" and it has the exact same number of email messages as my inbox ... all of time, and has always displayed the exact same number since I installed it. Is anyone able to explain this? I dont' understand it. Thanks in advance. Diana Definitely not a duplicate; it's a S...

Insert empty numeric value
Dear all, In VB, I have three textbox which are amount1,amount2 and amount3. After user enter the value in the textbox, I will insert the value into Access table. The table have three columns amount1 , amount2 and amount3, and all are nummeric Type. However, if the user do not enter any value in textbox . The insert statement will become as follows: Insert into table1 (amount1,amount2,amount3) values (,,) Then access complain that there is syntax error in insert statement. Does that mean I cannot insert empty value for the numeric value in access.? How to solve this problem. Than...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Keeping forms in order they are entered?
I am working with a database that was designed for us and have pretty much just used without having to change much in but have now run into a problem and hope someone can help. We track and number complaints we recieve by number using last digits of year recieved then next number, i.e. a complaint recived 12/31/09 might be 9234 and first one received this year would be 10001 and the next would be 10002. The problem is now when I open my forms and go to the last one it is the 9234 instead of the 10002 which I need. How do I keep that last form I entered last the next time I open the data...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...

What could keep formulas from recalculating?
I have a workbook that I received from a company with which I do business. On it are several worksheets (tabs). On one sheet, if I go to enter a formula in a cell, it displays it as text instead of calculating a value. For example, if I type =A1+A2 it will display that exact text in the cell as opposed to displaying the sum of cells A1 and A2. On other worksheets in the same workbook, entering formulas seems to work just fine. I have checked in Options, and auto-calc is checked (pressing F9 also has no effect). I can only assume that there is some setting of which I am unaware that is prev...

Replace null value with the previous value?
I have a database that was just imported that has approximately 388000 records. The problem is that there is information about a person in multiple different records but the name did not come across with each record. (So I have 10 records with information for a certain name, but the name only appears in field 1 of the first record and not the subsequent 9, etc.) I need to create a query or expression that will fill field 1 with the preceding value if it is null. This way I will have all the information for field 1 in a manner that I can link and combine data. Simply I need to fil...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

Insert Acount# in the PO print
Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO Thank you jm wrote: > Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: > "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file > I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO > Thank you > Into receipt header? Open your XML.. and find field date of receipt.. but why you have no AccountNumber into your PO.xml ? Antonio Thank you for a...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

R-squared formula
I was just wondering if anybody knows the formula for the r-squared value for a power curve. Excel states that it uses a transformed r-squared value. I am trying to calculate the value by doing the mathematical calculations in the spreadsheet. I have gotten the correct equation that the chart shows, but I can't seem to get the correct r-squared value. The formulas that they give are: R^2 = 1-(SSE/SST) SSE = E(Yi-Yi^)^2 SST = (EYi^2)-(EYi)^2/n E is the best I can get to a sigma in this. Sigma is the sign to sum up all the indicated values. Yi is the original Y values. Yi^ ...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Outlook favorite folders keep disappearing!
Hi, As per subject line - my Outlook Favorite folders keep disappearing! I keep replacing them with the shortcuts back to the original folders, but every now and again (read: perhaps a few times per day) they disappear and I'm just left with the Unread Mail folder.... Any ideas? Lee I have just the opposite problem. I have all of my Favorite Folders EXCEPT my Unread E-Mail Folder disappeared yesterday so now I'm missing e-mails right and left. Any ideas how I can recover it? "Lee Sainsbury" wrote: > Hi, > > As per subject line - my Outlook Favorite fold...

How do I Run Outlook and keep it on the hard disk
I had another hard drive installed on the computer and had Office 2000 installed on it but I do not appear to have Outlook. How can I get it onto the hard drive and get it to stay there? Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had another hard drive installed on the computer and had Office 2000 > installed on it but I do not appear to have Outlook. How can I get it > onto the hard drive and get it to stay there? Can you be more precise? If, for example, you hae another disk added to your PC and the new disk was made the C drive, then it's no surprise. If, i...

Dead Exchange box
I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone please tell me the best way to get the data back On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) >All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever....

How do I use the "Correlation" dialog box with multiple ranges?
I'm using data in an Excel 2003 in a workbook, trying to see if there is any correlation between specific offices in which people work and the length of time they have been employed, their age the amount of sickleave taken and/or the amount of sickleave balance they have. I'm attempting to use Data Analysis and the Correlation dialog box. Although the dialog description tells me that I can use multiple comparison ranges, I don't see how to do it. Thanks for any help. Paulf6 - Arrange your data in list (database) format, i.e., names in the top row (Time Employed, Age, ...)...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Reverse Find and Replace ?
Hi, I'm wanting to Reverse find and replace a particular character in a Powershell string. e.g. reverse find "b" in "abcabc" and replace with "d" to give "abcadc". Could someone please advise how this could be achieved ? Thanks, Patrick Sorry - also should have stated that just the first instance of a particular character should be replaced. On Jan 8, 11:23=A0am, Patrick <prynh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm wanting to Reverse find and replace a particular character in a > Powershell string. =A0e.g. r...