Insert username from Windows login automatically

I'm creating a powerpoint presentation that will be edited by different users
throughout the day.  I would like their username, as shown in windows, to
appear automatically when the presentation is opened.  I have a section that
updates the date and time, but haven't been able to find a way to insert
their name without them manually changing it.  Can this be done?  Thanks in
advance.

Ernie

In article <664FB6E0-9761-49E3-9FD8-0150AD38AB94@microsoft.com>, Ernie in Tampa
wrote:
> I'm creating a powerpoint presentation that will be edited by different users
> throughout the day.  I would like their username, as shown in windows, to
> appear automatically when the presentation is opened.  I have a section that
> updates the date and time, but haven't been able to find a way to insert
> their name without them manually changing it.  Can this be done?  Thanks in
> advance.

This might be sufficient:

Debug.Print Environ("username")

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Disable automatic refresh
I have checked the option to always enable automatic refresh for an Excel file that has links to an Access database. How can I reverse this so I once again get the choice to enable or disable. Thanks in anticipation Hi Kris, Uncheck 'Update remote references' under Tools|Options|Calculation. If you don't want to be prompted to update links, uncheck 'Ask to update automatic links' under Tools|Options|Edit Finally, if you want to force calculation to 'Manual', look under Tools|Options|Calculation. Cheers "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

How do i insert a simple checkable box (<2.57 columng width)?
I just want to be able to insert a simple checkable box in a thin column so i can keep track of items that have been submitted. I'm using excel, is there any easy way, that help thing sucks! Thanks J How about this: Set your column to, say, 15 pixels, and set the font on Common Bullets for the whole column. Use the [ or ] keys to produce a tick or a tick in a checkbox, whichever you prefer. You can then set the size or bolding, depending on how prominant you want the ticks. Jonathan -- Jonibenj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jonibenj&#...

Automatically Updating Excel Data In Word Doc Inside Excel File
I have inserted a "Word" object icon into an Excel file (Tab 1) and then used paste link to display data updates from other tabs in the same Excel file in the Word document that is in Tab 1. I am looking for a way to have the links from the Excel Tab 1 file that are in the Word file automatically updated and independent of the Excel filename. Problem is that when I put the Word document icon into the Excel file, open it, paste link data from the same Excel file and then rename the Excel file later the links are not automatically reflecting the new Excel name. The new Exce...

Lookup a range and insert range name into second worksheet
Hi, Worksheet 1 Column B Column K Delivery x Allocation A Delivery x Allocation A Delivery x Allocation B Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation D Worksheet 2 COL 1 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 ROW 13 Allocation A Allocation B Allocation C Allocation D I need to be able to automatically insert the allocation name in wks2 as it is added in wks1. The allocations cannot be pre...

change SMTP server name with Windows 2000/Exchange 5.5??
I'm running into an odd situation here, and I'm not sure if it can be fixed. I'm trying to change the name a server sends out in the banner when it makes an SMTP connection. In Windows NT 4.0/Exchange 5.5, I would change the DNS server name from the local server name to mail (or whatever it would need to be). In Windows 2000/Exchange 2000, system manager allows you to configure a FQDN in the SMTP advanced delivery properties. I ran into a setup that is running Windows 2000 (which doesn't have a place to plug in a server name in DNS) and Exchange 5.5 (which doesn't seem ...

Windows XP Professional
Whats the differance between Professional and Home? Professional can join a domain is the main one. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, brandonbukowski@gmail.com asked: | Whats the differance between Professional and Home? Wrong group to ask about the different between the Pro and Home version of Windows XP. You should ask down the hall in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general. <brandonbukowski@gmail.com&g...

Windows "search" facility not working. Win XP Home Ed. TIA
When I attempted to run a search ie: Start>search the normal box (with puppy) appeared but that was it. Tools>folder options was just the same. Non-operational. I have run the bug chesks ie: malwarebytes etc but no change for the better. Any help appreciated. TIA AsK "AsK" <aleckie68@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b32c8de2-6f0a-4aa0-a320-1c4fdad54614@u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com... > When I attempted to run a search ie: Start>search the normal box (with > puppy) appeared but that was it. Tools>folder options was just the > same. Non-ope...

Sending automatically from Outlook 2003
My application needs to send automatically e-mails using Office Outlook 2003.The PC is in a remote substation without personnel.But before each e-mail be sent,there is a ! warning asking if I allow this message.I need to bypass this since nobody is there to answer. Please help me responding via e-mail. Thanks, Constantin Does the app really need to use Outlook for some reason? Can it not just send directly to the SMTP server? You may need to re-write your app - or look into a freeware app called ExpressClickYes that you can run on the PC in question - note that this is potentially dang...

nested splitter windows
Hi I want to create the following splitters 1. ParentSplitter - 2 cols and 1 row (vertical split - derives from CFrameWnd-SDI base - 1st pane has a class derived from CTreeView (so this will be SDI-based - 2nd pane should be ChildSplitter 2. ChildSplitter - 2 rows and 1 col (horizontal split - derives from CMDIChildWnd-MDI base - 1st pane and 2nd pane will derive from CFormVie So basically I want the parent to be SDI-based as its 1st pane (the TreeView) is SD...

Windows Live Messenger 12-01-09
The program launches everytime I log into the computer and even relaunches after I close it. Highly irritating. How do I turn it off or uninstall it? Do I just need to switch from IE to Firefox? Thanks. ...

Inserting Foreign Language Symbols
Can someone please tell me how to insert French and Spanish foreign language symbols in Microsoft 2008 for Mac? In the past I simply went to "Insert" and then "Symbol" and found what I wanted there. In the 2008 version of Word, those same letters and symbols aren't there. Debby J The best way: Drop down the flag control from the menu bar and open the Character Viewer: you can search for characters by name and insert them in any application from there. On Word's Insert>Symbol menu, you have to change to a font that contains the character, then have...

2003 macro working in 2007
I have written the following code which inserts a jpeg file in a cell (B171) If Range("R4") = "DW" Then Range("B171").Value = "Dave Woodgate" Range("B171").Select ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("S:\Tsunami Axis\Purchase Orders\Sigs \Dave Woodgate.JPG").Select Selection.ShapeRange.PictureFormat.TransparentBackground = msoTrue Selection.ShapeRange.PictureFormat.TransparencyColor = RGB(255, 255, 255) Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If this all works perfectly in 2003...

Insert Symbol has no feeling of mouse
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C722F9.1450F700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Insert Symbol does not respond to mouse clicks. Why? Any solution to = repair it? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C722F9.1450F700 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = cha...

Inserting multiple, non-adjacent rows
Hi: I have a spreadsheet with, say, 500 rows of data. I want to insert a blank row between each of the 500. Is there a macro I can use to do this? It's something I'll be doing often, and for reasons too complex for here, I cannot add the blank rows until **after** all the data has been put into the spreadsheet. Any help appreciated - and I have a deadline for this &&%$#!! sheet, so any QUICK is especially appreciated!! Mick One way to try .. Assuming source data is in Sheet1, cols A to C, from row1 down In a new Sheet2, Put in say, A1: =IF(MOD(ROW(A1),2)=0,"&qu...

A report embedded in an iframe when exported to a web archived format opens in the same IE window
Hi I am using SSRS2005 to produce reports which fetch data from MS SQL Server 2005 database. These reports are then embedded in an .net application in an iframe. Now when I try to export the report into a web archived format then the report opens in the same window in IE8.Due to this I have to click on the Back button on the browser window to view the remaining reports. Hence I want to open this exported report in a new window in IE8.But,I am unable to do so. Could anyone please help me to find out as to how can I open the reports in a new window in IE8.Are there any kind of IE settings whi...

Identities in Windows Mail?
I've missed the ability to have different email identities ever since Windows Mail replaced Outlet Express. Now, however, it's gone beyond nostalgia to necessity. I really need the ability to access a couple of different mail accounts and keep them separate. The "different user accounts" is not an option as far as I'm concerned. The simplest solution that I can see is to use WinMail as usual and use another email reader like Thunderbird to read the other account. Is there any simple option using WinMail that I'm not thinking of? TIA! Gary Visit...

Update data source automatically
Hi, I hava a chart that shows progress in the project. The horizantal line represents the dates from the begining of the month to end(like 1 to 30) and vertical line represents the number of the items. I enter new data everyday based on progress in the project and I have to change the data source (Values of the series) everyday by one by. I have 6 series and I have to change all the series' value formula for example from J to K (Column J keeps yesterdays data and K keeps todays) the next day K to L ans so on. Is there any way to automate this prosess? I do not want to select from ...

How to set Outlook to send/receive automatically upon opening?
When I open the program, I want Outlook 2003 to send/receive automatically, without my having to initiate the command. How is this done? Thanks! Set an automatic polling interval in Send/Receive groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8B90EC5-369F-4484-BAB8-BC791A9F9408@microsoft.com... > When I open the program, I want Outlook 2003 to send/receive automatically, without my having to initiate the command. How is this done? > > Thanks! How do I set the automatic polling interval? I went to sen...

Replace Cell Content Automatically from List
Dear All, I regularly check my phone bills and see who I text and call, but when I access my phone bill online, all I get is numbers, as they don't have the names.... I was thinking, if I save this list out and have it in a sheet, excel can look at another sheet and if the number matches replace the number with a name.. Is this easy to do? Regards Paul. You could build a table on that second sheet. Column A would contain the phone numbers and column B would contain the name. Name that sheet -- Table. Then you could use a formula like this in an empty cel...

How to move "Junk E-mail" to "Deleted Items" folder automatically?
Hi, would anyone know how to set up Outlook 2003 to move "Junk E-mail" to "Deleted Items" folder automatically? I.e. when an email comes in and is destened for the Junk -mail folder, it gets routed to Deleted Items folder. Have tried to set upa filter, looked in Junk email properties etc. Cant seemt to figure this one out. Any help most appreciated! Cheers, Peter Tools | Options | Junk E-mail. Check the box at the bottom that says to "Permanently Delete..." instead of moving to the Junk E-mail folder. Hopefully you aren't getting any false positives on ...

Email Login
I am having a strange problem. I have two html emails with graphics that are prompting my Outlook users for login. The emails have been forwared form owa (exchange 2003) to the users. Some users are using outlook 2003 and others outlook 2000. When the email is opened from OWA the message renders correctly and the images are viewable in side of the message. When the email is opened in Outlook the images come in as attachments and prompt the user to log into the owa web server for each image. If the user tries to login it locks out their user account. If they cancel the images never populate int...

updating tables automatically
I have a table full of historical data which is updated week by week. I want to have another table that only shows the last 5 weeks worth of data and updates automatically each time the historical table is updated. Is this possible (or partially possible) in excel? If so, how do I go about doing it? Many thanks Chris, It's easy - if you set up your tables in a certain way. Let's say that your sheet is named "Historic Data" and that your table is in columns A to E, and there are no blank rows in your table. Also, you put the newest data at the bottom of the existing ...

Window Title question
I put this statement under the class constructor of class CMyView : public CView { }; SetWindowTextA(GetSafeHwnd(), "MyApp V1.0"); But the window title is not changed I also tried putting this statement at the constructor of CMyApp : public CWinApp But GetSafeHwnd() doesn't compile in this case. Any ideas? Thanks Jack Jack wrote: > I put this statement under the class constructor of > class CMyView : public CView > { > }; > > SetWindowTextA(GetSafeHwnd(), "MyApp V1.0"); > > But the window title is not changed...

Windows XP #2
I just installed Windows XP... I use Outlook express as my mail client. I have word 97 installed. Ever since I installed Windows XP I keek getting the error meease "Spell checking halted... Send Anyway??? while trying to send E Mails. Any Ideas???? Thanx... Stu ...

Flash Drive and Windows Explorer
In windows xp professional, how do I stop windows explorer from opening a new window when I plug in the flash drive? The flash drive has no files on it. Disabling autoplay has no effect. The window that opens, does it give several choices, the last one is "Take no action." If so, select it and check the box below on the window. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Paul" <pphop868@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ae548c64-1df2-4667-99ba-9d0f1a980e5e@p32g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > In windows xp professional, how do I stop windows explorer from > openi...