insert pictures

in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do not
cover the whlole slide area or the place holder

any idea why??

Thanx as always

0
afdmello

Well, how many pixels do the pictures have?

"afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do
> not cover the whlole slide area or the place holder
>
> any idea why??
>
> Thanx as always

0
Echo
6/4/2010 11:53:47 AM
if the pic hass a different aspect ratio to the placeholder / slide it may
fit the appopriate dimension to the placeholder and shrink the other to avoid
distortion
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"afdmello" wrote:

> in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do not
> cover the whlole slide area or the place holder
>
> any idea why??
>
> Thanx as always
>

> .

"Hi afdmello",

Don't know if this works in PPT 2007, but it does in PPT 2002:

INSERT | NEW SLIDE | FORMAT | BACKGROUND | in the background window, click
on arrow for drop-down menu | select FILL EFFECTS | PICTURE tab | click
SELECT PICTURE | click on name of desired picture | INSERT | check "lock
Aspect Ratio" | OK | | APPLY.

Good Luck.
Andy I.

"afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do
not
: cover the whlole slide area or the place holder
:
: any idea why??
:
: Thanx as always
:
:

0
Andy

Clipart Gallery
Hi I used to work with Publisher 2000 which had a foretune of clipart installed. Whenever I would click to add a picture and do a search for something e.g. "man" - I would get dozens of images appearing. I upgraded to Publisher 2003, and when I do the exact same thing I am lucky if it shows 3 images on each search. What am I doing wrong, and why cannot I access all those images that used to be available on my previous version? Thanks. Jo Office 2003 shipped with very little clipart, there are 130,000 images on the Office site. If you are online when you search these pictur...

Insert Picture #3
I have never used excel before. I need to make a form with a box. When you click on the box it should ask if you want to add a picture to the box. It should also format the picture so that it is the same size as the box. Can this be done in excel or do I have to use another application for this? I really need to find the answer to my question so please post a response if you have any idea of how this can be done. What type of form? A userform or? What will you do with the picture when it is inserted? What you are wanting to do and why is unclear. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 2...

I cant see pictures inserted into word/publisher #2
On reopening saved files I can't see pictures inserted into Word or Publisher. ...

Inserting graphics on excel chart is not visible
Got a chart that I inserted graphics on but when doing a print preview, it does not show nor does it print when using excel ver 2003. Home network it to my win7 machine office 2007 and it shows as expected. Tried the options of selecting the graphic and bringing it to front etc. does not work in excel 03. (I have to send it to 2003 users) What am I missing?? TIA ...

can't insert a space at the beginning of a line of text
Publisher 2002 I'm so totally frustrated. I have a text frame filled with text and a numbered list also. I can add text to the begining of a line of text but if I try to add a space (pressing spacebar) nothing happens. I messed with turning various options on and off and I still can't create a space. When all else fails, try Ctrl+Alt+M or Ctrl+Alt+N, depending on how wide a space you desire. Mike mange wrote: > Publisher 2002 > I'm so totally frustrated. I have a text frame filled with text and a > numbered list also. I can add text to the begining of a line o...

How come suddenly any publisher files opened are missing pictures
It seems some setting has been changed so that when any Publisher files are opened up they are all missing the graphics. Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "karrie" <karrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56AFF22C-456F-4100-8F98-01D8953EEFDF@microsoft.com... > It seems some setting has been changed so that when any Publisher files are > ope...

how to insert file as link in Outlook 2002?
I know this is possible in Outlook 2000. Any ideas how to do this in Outlook 2002? ...

Inserting absolutes
Is there a one or two button punch method of adding/removing absolutes ($) to all cell references in a lengthy formulas? Hi Alex hit F4 to toggle between the different options Frank Alex wrote: > Is there a one or two button punch method of adding/removing > absolutes ($) to all cell references in a lengthy formulas? select the cell with the formula (F5 and type in the address), press F2, press Shift and Home to highlight the formula, press F4, for every press of F4 you can see the difference, first is absolute all addresses, second is absolute rows, third absolute columns and four...

conditional formatting and insert cell
hello everybody i use excel 2003 and i have this problem : col A col B 1 2 2 2 3 3 and a conditional formatting like if col B = col A then cell col b is red in my exemple the cell B2 is red. if i insert a cell in B2 and i have now this : col A col B 1 2 2 3 2 3 i have the cell B3 in red and nothing in B2 and in office 2000 the contionnal formatting are in the new cell and the old cell change is formatting to A3 and not A2 could you help me? thanks in advance Not really sure but h...

cell reference changing when row inserted
I have formulas on a 2nd worksheet referencing cells on the original (HVAC). (i.e. =CONCATENATE(HVAC!$B$6,HVAC!$H$6)). These results are then automatically summaried and graphed on an additional sheet. When a user inserts a new row into middle of the HVAC sheet (which is sometimes necessary), the cell reference on the summary page changes (shifts down one number) so the new row is not counted =CONCATENATE(HVAC!$B$7,HVAC!$H$7). Can I prevent this from happening? I would greatly appreciate any help on this one. Hi try =INDIRECT("HVAC!$B$6") & INDIRECT("HVAC!$H$6")...

Insert into ..... Select statements.
I am trying to run the following sql in MSAccess 2003, however, I get an error 'Runtime error 3075' Syntax error (comma) in query expression '( Asset_Info.AssetID , 'SYSADDEQ' , 'SYSTEM' , 'SYSTEM' , #03/03/2008 12:4200#) ' mySQL = "INSERT INTO wf_history (permanent_id, wf_use, input_by, sponsor, act_date) " mySQL = mySQL + " SELECT( Asset_Info.AssetID , 'SYSADDEQ' , 'SYSTEM' , 'SYSTEM' , " & Format(actDate, "\#mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss\#") & " )" mySQL = mySQL + " FROM Asse...

pictures #3
Is there a way to make my picture into a oval shape William wrote: > Is there a way to make my picture into a oval shape ================= Are you using MS Publisher? Which version? In Pub2003...click the Oval button in your left pane and add an oval to your project. (left click / drag) Right click the Oval and choose... Format AutoShape / Colors and Lines tab / open the Fill - Color drop window / choose Fill Effects / Picture Tab / (check the 'Lock Picture Aspect Ratio' box) / Select Picture button... select the picture / Insert / OK / OK. If this is not satisfactory...you woul...

centralizing pictures on a page
is there any way that i can have a picture exactly center on the page. are there settings to center it horizontally, or vertically. i am using publisher XP Easiest way is draw a rectangle the size of the page and arrange the picture vertically & horizontally and delete the rectangle. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "kish" <kishan.shah@talk21.com> wrote in message news:197701c38821$fea413d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there any way that i can have a picture exactly center > on the page. are ther...

Missing pictures when converting to pdf
When I convert a file to pdf, some of the pictures in the doc file do not make it into the pdf file. I tried several times. Tried creating a new Word file. Compressed pictures. Help, I have to deliver this document to my customer soon. Make sure that the pictures are embedded and not linked int he word file. Are u linking them?? "Martiart" wrote: > When I convert a file to pdf, some of the pictures in the doc file do not > make it into the pdf file. > I tried several times. Tried creating a new Word file. Compressed pictures. > Help, I have to deliver th...

Outlook: Inserted text screenshot is out of focus
Outlook 201 (Version 14.0.4536.1000 32-Bit / Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit): I made a text screenshot with sharply bounded letters which I copied to the clipboard. With insert (Ctrl + V) into a new e-mail it appears out of focus. All information tells me that it's inserted in 100% size. But it seems to be up to 1% down or up scaled, so I always have to "reset" the size. Then it is OK. The e-mail itself is shown in 100% as well. Is there any solution for that issue or is it a known Beta bug? Thanks Lilli Contacts appreciated to: ms@teschemacher.net -------------...

Pictures wider when printing
Hi! When I print from excel all pictures are stretched. They are wider and shorter than they appear in excel. If I print these pictures with other programs they are fine. Anyone knows why this is happening and how I can fix the problem? Thanks! / Oskar ...

pictures elongate when doc is printed
Hi there-- I am doing a collage of pictures, they look fine on my screen, but when I print it, they "elongate" making people's faces/bodies appear longer. Is there something I am supposed to turn on or off to prevent this from happening? Thanks for your help, Julie You could see if there is a newer printer driver available for your printer. -- Don Vancouver, USA "feistyjuls" <feistyjuls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E986DCA-901F-498C-8D54-35D33A92AB98@microsoft.com... > Hi there-- > > I am doing a collage of pictures, they l...

Staff directory with pictures based on Address Book?
Hi, and excuse my cross posting here, I have been asked to look into a staff directory with pictures based on the internal address list. Staff details such as phone number, position etc are all stored in Exchange but do not have pictures. Any solutions out there or should I be considering writing a web app using WebDav, LDAP or ADSI and Exchange? tia W - Written web-app for this in the past, employeeID/eid attribute populated with employee ID, names of JPG files based on employeeID make it easier to pick up the correct picture from a file share based on the AD attribute - You can l...

Inserting comment depending on the Conditional formatting
Hi Is it possible to insert comment depending on the conditiona formatting.I mean if the color of the cell is blue the comment shown i " A " & if the color of the cell is green the comment shown is " B " similarly if the color of the cell is black the comment shown is " C . ( The color names which i had writted here r examples i dont know th real names of the colors which i have given in my spreadsheet) -- Little Maste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

How do i compress my pictures in a website without losing to much.
I have built a website but it is taking to long to load up. How do i compress them without losing to much quality i went into compress pictures and ticked compress for webpage but it took to much quality away from 200dpi to 96dpi is there anything i can do to improve the speed the webpage loads, there are quite a few pictures on the site but there needs to be. Thanks for any advice given. In the future when you use the Microsoft Community please take note that there are topic specific forums for a product, designed to enhance the level of support you'll find in the Community. For you...

Picture Placeholders
I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I am attempting to place a picture placeholder (like those in Powerpoint slide layouts) into excel. I am building a form that requires pictures to be insterted but when they come back to me the pictures are all native resolution. The placeholders in Powerpoint allow the picture to be defaulted to the size of the place holder. How can I acomplish this same thing in excel. The only thing I have been able to come up with is draw a blank box and then... Format Shape -> Fill -> Picture But the people who need to fill th...

How do I keep good resolution pictures in publisher mail merge doc
When I print a mail merged document the pictures and clip art in the body of the publication print fuzzy. These are not merged pictures. When I print before the mail merge the clip art and pictures are clear; after the merge they are fuzzy. Is there a setting to use that keeps pictures from losing resolution? ...

Photograph Inserted from File Problem
Running Excel 2000 - When I insert a jpeg or bmp photo into a sheet and then try to save th file, I get "Document Not Saved". Probably been asked and answered a thousand times, but what's going o & how do I fix it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel "IF,THEN, INSERT ROW"
IS it possible to scan a list and if criteria is met insert a row that contains a simple summation? Ex: Our company runs a manhour report and once converted to excel it will not give daily totals of manhours just a long list. There will be numerous individuals for one day and then it starts over for the next day but they are not seperated. Can I Search the date and insert the "summation row" at the end of the day. Manually this takes for ever. Please help... Thanx, Nick Hi If you sort them by date you could use Data / Subtotals instead. Another option is to use a pivot...

Insert signature line on credit card slip for a full page receipt
How can I place a signature line for credit card transaction on a full page receipt in RMS? All you need to do is modify the receipt template you are using. If you are interested in this, drop me an email and we can see what it will take to make happen for you. Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) On 7/14/2010 5:36 PM, Haik wrote: > How can I place a signature line for credit card transaction on a full page > receipt in RMS? ...