insert pictures

in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do not
cover the whlole slide area or the place holder

any idea why??

Thanx as always

0
afdmello

Well, how many pixels do the pictures have?

"afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do
> not cover the whlole slide area or the place holder
>
> any idea why??
>
> Thanx as always

0
Echo
6/4/2010 11:53:47 AM
if the pic hass a different aspect ratio to the placeholder / slide it may
fit the appopriate dimension to the placeholder and shrink the other to avoid
distortion
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"afdmello" wrote:

> in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do not
> cover the whlole slide area or the place holder
>
> any idea why??
>
> Thanx as always
>

> .

"Hi afdmello",

Don't know if this works in PPT 2007, but it does in PPT 2002:

INSERT | NEW SLIDE | FORMAT | BACKGROUND | in the background window, click
on arrow for drop-down menu | select FILL EFFECTS | PICTURE tab | click
SELECT PICTURE | click on name of desired picture | INSERT | check "lock
Aspect Ratio" | OK | | APPLY.

Good Luck.
Andy I.

"afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: in PPT 2007 when I insert pictures the pictures come sized small and do
not
: cover the whlole slide area or the place holder
:
: any idea why??
:
: Thanx as always
:
:

0
Andy

Insert rows and paste without clearing constants
I need to Insert Rows and Paste the selected row a specified number of times per an input box value. I am using the following code as a start and have commented out the lines to clear the constants and that works fine except the autofill portion increments the constant values. Thanks in advance for any help. This is how I need the result to be: Room Part# 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 6 WN1B-24 This is what I am getting: Room Part# 6 WN1B-24 7 WN1B-25 8 WN1B-26 9 WN1B-27 10 WN1B-28 11 WN1B-29 Sub CopyRows() ' Documented: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie...

Problems with pasting pictures
I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then paste it into a publsiher 2000 document, a white box appears with a large black cross in instead of the picture I copied. How can I get the picture I copy to actually paste into publisher? Pub 2000 here also. Take a look at View, Picture display... You may have the third option checked. -- Don Vancouver, USA "njj200" <njj200@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB8EC5B8-A9C3-4968-B060-E76A497D302A@microsoft.com... > I recently installed Publsiher 2000. When I copy a picture and then p...

How do I insert both a To: and a Cc: address with MAPI
I have a VB5 program that sends emails to customers. I want to automatically insert the Recipitients Email address in the To: and another Email address in the Cc: field. How can I automatically insert both fields? I can insert either field by using RecipAddress and ReciType but I can't get both addresses into my Email. Help! Dennis Rose Dennis Rose used his keyboard to write : > I have a VB5 program that sends emails to customers. I want to automatically > insert the Recipitients Email address in the To: and another Email address > in the Cc: field. How...

Pictures in Publisher 2003 not showing.Why?
The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are there, they just will not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Holly B" <Holly B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD81B67-6937-49CE-9609-8028E41DA68F@microsoft.com... > The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does > anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are ther...

How to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to insert 3 images into excel with aligning each positions? Please see following code for detailed description. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myPic As Object Dim dblTop As Double Dim dblLeft As Double Dim dblHeight As Double Dim dblWidth As Double If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then On Error Resume Next Set myPic = ActiveSheet.Pictures(1) On Error GoTo 0 If Not myPic Is Nothing Then myPic.Delete If Range(&quo...

How do I insert a WORD document with footnotes in a PUBLISHER fil.
We print a non-profit newsletter in PUBLISHER. Frequently, we receive legal articles in WORD format for the news letter. Many of these WORD documents contain footnotes that appear at the end of the document. When the WORD document is inserted not the PUBLISHER file, all of the footnotes are lost. The, each footnote must be retyped inot the PUBLISHER file. Any suggetions? Thanks in advance. Microsoft Publisher doesn't support footnotes. You will have to recreate them manually. And if it were me doing that - I'd get used to Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Micros...

Adding Border Rectangle Fouls Picture Wrapping in Publisher 2003
I already found the answer to the problem described below courtesy of a previous post by Mary Sauer (Thurs, Sep 1 2005 7:19 am, under the topic "Wrapping text around pictures in MS Publisher 2003"). However, this is such unexpected and unwelcome behavior that it seems worth a further posting and discussion. Scenario: (1) Create a Publisher page with one or more textboxes containing text. (2) Add pictures and set wrapping as desired (Square; Tight, etc). (3) Now choose the rectangle tool and choose it to add a border around the entire page. Voila - the pictures now all float over the...

inserting all graphics in folder into Word doc
We have been using the macro below for years in the Word 2003 environment. The macro lets you select a folder and then it inserts all jpg graphics in that folder into a blank Word doc. In preparing to migrate to Word 2007, I've found that the macro does not work at all there, returning the Runtime error 5111, "This command is not available on this platform", highlighting the With Application.FileSearch line. Internet research says that the Application.FileSearch object is no longer available, but is replaced by FileSystemObject in later versions. I'm not ...

Update picture changes wrap points, Pub 2002 & 03
I have struggled with this problem for six months. Whenever I update a graphic in Pub 2002 or 03beta2, any custom wrap points are erased. It is interesting to note the transparency setting used via the "Magic Wand" will be the same, and the default wrap settings are the same. E.g. White is still transparent, and Tight is still Tight, but the one wrap point I moved to generate white space between the girl's hair and the text defaults to Tight. This behavior was not evident in Pub 2000, which I have used for two years. Someone suggested reclicking Text Wrapping and reselecting Tig...

Syntax to write a null value inside a sql Insert string?
Is there a way to represent the null value as a string (destination: varchar column) the way that the following string represents a null value for a date? Public Const cNullDate As Date = #12:00:00 AM# Writing to an Access 2003, (conversion) table with VS2005 in VB.NET. Within the table is a field named VSubType1 with a validation rule of: "In ('P','O') Or Is Null" The declare/move/insert statements look like this (shortened example): Dim intRecNbr As Integer = 0 Dim VSubType1 As Object (defined as Text 1 column in Access) Dim V1...

Excel XP hangs while inserting package
When I select Insert, Package, Excel hangs. This started after I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP. My Excel 2000 doesn't have Insert | Package. Perhaps it is put there by an add-in that is not fully compatible with Excel XP? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:186bb01c44a52$c1e21750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I select Insert, Package, Excel hangs. This started > after I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP. Sure you are not looking at Insert Page Break???? "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot ...

inserting jpeg photos
Can I insert a full file of jpeg photos (say about 50) without inserting them one at a time on each page. Kaye Payne http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00050.htm should help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Kaye Payne" <kayepayne1@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:uykJn.26133$pv.4842@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Can I insert a full file of jpeg photos (say ...

Can't insert excel chart
Hi: I don't know if this is the right newsgroup but here goes ... When I go to insert a chart through insert object in word the dialog box is completely empty. I've tried reinstalling word, office, and still no luck. I've installed all the componenets of word. Any ideas? Thanks. Wayne ...

Auto insert data to seperate sheets?
Hi, I have a Excel (2003) workbook consisting on 4 sheets, sheet 1 has 9 columns, sheet 2 has 4 columns, sheet 3 has 2 columns. Sheet 4 is used for new data which will usually stay on this sheet for a few weeks before I manually copy it over to the relevant sheet then manually arrange it. The whole workbook is arranged alphabetically. I would like to be able to insert new data in sheet 4 but at the same time the entered data inserting into another sheet of my choice and in its relative alphabetical row, Is this possible? any help much appreciated many thnx ...

Inserting picture stored in an Access DB table
I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? Thanks hi pictures and other objects cannot be inserted into cells. objects "float" on top of the sheet. the closest you might get is to insert the picture into a comment. see this site. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture regards FSt1 "Jess" wrote: > I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a > table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? > > Thanks...

Inserting a block of text
TEXTPAD 5.3 has, under the EDIT/INSERT menu, a PASTE AS BLOCK command which inserts a copied block of text to the right of the cursor WITHOUT affecting the text to the left of the cursor. Does MS Word 2007 have a similar feature? By "block," do you mean it keeps the margin width it had in the original, and that left margin appears somewhere other than against the left margin of the Word document? But inserting text to the right of the cursor won't affect text to the left of the cursor. The inserted text will be part of the paragraph the cursor is in, so you can al...

automatically insert date and time into excel]
I am planning to import data dirctly into excel via a tcp/ip port(winwedge or similar) every now and then a line of comma seperated text will be collected into a row of cells in the spread sheet is there any way of getting excel to add date and time information to each entry, as the device that the data is being colected from has no realtime clock. Maybe you can program it to input the: =NOW() function when it is imported? just a thought "slimvices" wrote: > I am planning to import data dirctly into excel via a tcp/ip port(winwedge or > similar) > every now and t...

My insert key won't work in Microsoft Word Office 2007. Why?
I do a lot of typing over current words to replace them with new words or names. In office word 2003, I just hit insert and typed like normal and it replaced the old words with new ones. 2007 will not do anything. Why? Because the method of over-writing is changed in Office 2007. You need to do this in WORD 2007: 1) Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then at the bottom of the dialog, click Word Options. 2) In the left pane, click Advanced. 3) Under Editing options, select or clear the Use overtype mode check box Let us know if this solved your problem. hth ...

Picture / Image, behind data ????
Hi, I have an image question. In MS Word, you can set up a picture to be displayed behind text. Why can't you do this in Excel. I would love to have certain images behind cell data. Is there a way to do this?????? Hi Chris if you want watermarks you may have a look at the following sites: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip HTH Frank Chris wrote: > Hi, > > I have an image question. In MS Word, you can set up > a picture to be displayed behind text. Why can't you do > this in Excel. I would lov...

How can OL2000 show picture directly?
Post your questions in the body, not the Subject. By design, Outlook does not display attached images inline. Outlook is a business application. OE is targeted to consumers and the needs of the two groups are different in this area. Exchange Administrators consider inline display a security issue and don't want it. Outlook only shows images inline with HTML mail items or RTF mail items with OLE embedded images. Images in plain text mail items only show as attachments (that you can open or save). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Litchee" <wonfer@hotmail.com> wrote...

Picture Caption Text Flowing Over Picture
Printer says my captions (text underneath picture) are are flowing or printing over the pictures in my newsletter. My printout and hard copy look fine? any suggestions would be appreciated. I use MS Publisher 2000 Thanks Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. Suggest you give the printer a PDF file instead. That way you can be virtually guaranteed it is going to print the same on the printers system. -- >-----Original Message----- >Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. >Suggest you give the printer a PDF fil...

need to change size of insert screen to read the name of image
I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? Double click the "Title bar" of the "Insert picture" dialog box. flpower wrote: > I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image > is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I > change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? ...

I can no longer see the pictures in a Publisher document?
I have created a publisher document with many images. Now when I open the file no images can be seen. If I convert the file to PDF the images are again visible. If >view, pictures, detailed display isn't solving this... Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, If this is your solution you need to go to the web site of your video card and look around for an upgraded driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil Elliott&qu...

Outlook 2003 bug -can't insert note as text
When creating a mail message, choose Item from the Insert menu, then try to insert a note as text. All that is inserted into the mail is the date and time the note was last modified. Outlook XP and Outlook 2000 don't have this bug - they correctly insert the text of the note into the body of the mail. Nick ...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...