Insert Object in PP2003

What is the purpose of object in insert menu and how to work on it, please
advice
Christopher Fernando

In article <52955C83-9B41-4D37-9643-2D3B8B513A00@microsoft.com>, Chris
Fernando wrote:
> What is the purpose of object in insert menu and how to work on it, please
> advice

With some types of data or programs, you can insert an "OBJECT" into a PPT
slide; when you doubleclick the slide, the data opens in the appropriate
program so you can edit or play it back.

For example, if you insert a picture normally into PowerPoint, you can only
resize and reposition it or crop it.

If you insert the same picture as an object, you can double click the picture
in PowerPoint;  the picture then opens in the program that created it
(usually) so you can use all the capabilities of that program to edit the
image.

To use it, choose Insert, Object and choose "From file" if you have an
already created file you want to insert, or "Create New" if you want to start
from scratch and create a new document to insert.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
11/17/2009 3:59:53 PM
The 'Insert >> Object' function is a way to insert specialty items into a
presentation such as a media player or even another set of embedded slides.
If you preview the scrolling list it shows the types of objects that it
handles.

Insert Object is not a common use item, but if someone has a situation that
requires using it a simple question here points them to the insert object
solution.

Troy @ TLC
MS PowerPoint MVP
Check out www.ThePowerPointBlog.com

"Chris Fernando" <ChrisFernando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the purpose of object in insert menu and how to work on it, please
> advice
> Christopher Fernando

0
Troy

Unknown object in the Project Explorer in VBE
I am working in VBE and see in the top left corner the Project Explorer window, where the objects (worksheets) or my active workbook is displayed. In this window, the worksheet objects are shown as icons that have grids so they look like miniatures spreadsheets. In contrast, the ThisWorkbook object has an XL icon. Now I find there are two additional objects with the XL icon, and these two are duplicates of the "normal" worksheets. Does anybody know what could have caused these duplicates to suddenly appear? I would like to be able to remove them. ...

Textbox (Object) Right Click Menu
I am looking to disable the right click Cut event when dealing with Text boxes (Drawing Objects). I have seen code that disables the right click cut. The following code works on the page, but not when a textbox is selected: Dim TheCmdBar as Office.CommandBarControl for each TheCmdBar in Applicaiton.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) TheCmdBar.Enabled = False Next TheCmdBar Thanks in advance. ...

Searching good XSL-FO (formatting objects) tutorial for converting XML->PDF
I would like to learn some XSLT-FO handling procedures and need a good tutorial. Unfortunately most of the links in Google refer to books, lessons, XML syntax What I need is an easy step-by-step guide for installing and applying all necessary tools for converting a simple lets say "Hello world" XML doc into pdf with XSL-FO Does someone know such a quick start guide ? Harry You can also check iTextSharp - a C#.net library to output pdf. I took the time to learn XSL-FO, but to me iTextSharp is much easier to learn since you do everything in a .NET language. With XSL-FO I was al...

Detect if Spreedsheet/workbook is the embedded object in Word
The user have a embedded Excel Spreadsheet in Word that they right Click and Open in execl application. I have a custom addin that gets called for Excel on close event and ask the user to save the document. My issue is when the Excel Spreadsheet is embedded in word and the user right click on the embedded Spreadsheet and open in Excel, I do no want the Close event from my custom addin to ask the user to save the document. Is there a property or API I can use to detect if the Spreadsheet in Excel opened from another Office application like Word. I have already tried WorkBook.IsInplace ...

hidden vb object is not hidden when excel workbook is first opened
I have an Excel97 spreadsheet containing a number of vba objects (command buttons, msgbox, etc.) with the VISIBLE property set to FALSE. These are normally programmed to appear in response to another event on the worksheet, and become invisible when clicked. They do this OK as programmed. However (newbie problem), when I first open the workbook these objects are visible and I have to click them to hide them. How do I go about initializing these objects so that they are hidden from the start? The "visible=false" property doesn't seem to be enough. (Application example: I hav...

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Key' to type 'Key'.
I am implementing Business Portal Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0. After setting up security, I ran into an issue trying to go to the requisition page. It states: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Key' to type 'Key'. Has anyone ever encountered this error? If so, can you help me determine how to resolve this? ------=_NextPart_0001_66EB190E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. Did you receive any errors during the installation of BP for GP 10.0? I would also like you to go to Business Port...

insert rows that retain formulas of rows above
I have made a simple xls cash book that calculates gst, and does split entries for various accounts. Everytime I want to insert new data, I have to insert new rows. These new rows don't adopt the formulas of the above rows. is there a way to insert rows that adopt formulas of the rows they are inserted between? TIA Bruce > I have made a simple xls cash book that calculates gst, > and does split entries for various accounts. I don't know what most of that means. > Everytime I want to insert new data, I have to insert new > rows. Why - don't you just add them a...

Problems with Inserting Rows
Morning Everyone In my previous version of Excel I could click on a row and then "Insert copied cells" anywhere on the sheet (as a new row). My problem is that with this version (2003 professional), when I try and re-insert the row, all the formulas have been converted to values. How do I switch back to inserting the row with formulas Many thanks in advanc Ja Inserting a row seems to work the same in Excel 2003 as in earlier versions, but maybe if you lay out the _precise_ steps to duplicate the problem someone can help you. In particular "re-insert the row" is unc...

inserting DateTime in Sql Server
Hi When I insert a DateTime value to a database, and read it back again, it appears that some of the data I wrote is missing. For example, if I insert a DateTime, with a time portion of 16:24:12.421 (that is, 4:24pm and 12.421 seconds), when I read it back I get 4:24pm and 12.420 seconds. It seems there is a millisecond missing. Is this a known "issue", or have I likely something else wrong in my program? Thanks, Peter "Peter K" <pk@alpha-solutions.dk> wrote in message news:%239e3lp3kKHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is this a know...

Insert picture from file default view
Looking for a way to change the default "Insert Picture From File" view. Currently, when I click on the IPFF icon, the view is in "thumbnail" form. Is there a way of changing this to default to "list" format? The thumbnails take quite a long time to load when there are numerous pics in that file. ...

inserting PDF into publisher?
Hi, I'm putting together a magazine in Publisher and have been sent some ads in PDF format. When I use the snapshot tool the quality seems to deteriorate - is there any other way of getting the files in without losing quality? Thanks Sarah Sarahs999 <Sarahs999@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi, I'm putting together a magazine in Publisher and have been sent > some ads in PDF format. When I use the snapshot tool the quality > seems to deteriorate - is there any other way of getting the files in > without losing quality? Use GhostScr...

Repost (Simplified, I hope): INSERT INTO
Hello Again, I am trying to do a 2-part append query in VBA where item(s) selected in a multi-select listbox represent record(s) from table CE and its/their underlying records in table CA. For example, Listbox shows: XYZCO 2008 1120Tax (in table CE represents the 2008 corporation tax return) Associated with that (in table CA but not shown in Listbox) will be Assignments: XYZCO 2008 1120Tax FA (for fixed asset work) XYZCO 2008 1120Tax TB (for trial balance work/adjustments) XYZCO 2008 1120Tax PREP (for return preparation) XYZCO 2008 1120Tax REV1 (for first review) ...

AUTO INSERT PAGE BREAK FOR EACH COPIED HEADING
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row (the heading description for the next page) that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. Not clear from your description what needs doing. Is the heading description the same for each page or is it different on each page? Post your code and maybe we can figure out where to place a pagebreak command. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 20 ...

Database Object Window will not display
I have a database that nothing I have tried will cause the Database Object Window to be displayed again. I have set the start up parameters back the the default settings. I have double check the code and I do not have any code that is hidding the Database Window. I performed a compact repair. I also converted it from a 2000 DB to a 2002 - 2003 with out success. In the view options I have checked all objects. The only changed has been the database was copied from its old server location into its new location when we upgraded servers. My other databases (all 35 of them) seem to be funct...

insert subitem into a listctrl
i am using LV_ITEM to insert item into a listctrl. i am able to insert the item but i am UNABLE to do d same for the subitems.i have 3 columns. this is d method tht i am trying. Code given below: strFile=&(pRem->strFileName ); strSize=&strAttr[2]; LV_ITEM lvi; lvi.mask = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_PARAM | LVIF_STATE; lvi.state = 0; lvi.iItem = 0; lvi.iSubItem = 0; lvi.pszText=strFile->GetBuffer(); lvi.lParam = (LPARAM) pRem; ...

Invalid Object Name
I've searched and searched and can not find out how what's wrong with this query or table. Perhaps this should be posted to a SQL forum but I'm not sure. Someone has a database that worked a few days ago and he is now getting an error message: 'Could not execute query; could not find linked table. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'dbo.Partxxx'. (#208). I know that the employee's security is correct, and when checking the ODBC a 'test successful' message is received. I'm at a loss. I finally did an Access database ...

Can't type in text
I selected template & managed to create first panel on template. I cannot type in text on remaining 2 sections. HELP says go to Object toolbar & click textframe tool. Only toolbars I have are standard and formatting. I cannot locate either Object toolbar or anything like textframe tool. Using Pulbisher which came as part of Office 2000 Professional. Any help would be greatly appreciated. MSfrustrated48 wrote: > I selected template & managed to create first panel on > template. I cannot type in text on remaining 2 sections. > HELP says go to Object toolbar & ...

Insert text box into many pages
Hi using 2007 I am creating an A5 booklet with many pages, adding as necessary Is it possible to add text boxes to my margin guides automatically with existing pages and to new pages as they are added? -- Martin ���� The option is in the Insert, Page. Create one text box on each page. I don't think you can automatically create a text box on an existing page. You can copy the empty box and paste as you go along. Or double-click the text box icon and create many boxes at once. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:s5vf259mfgh...

When I insert clip art, I see an empty box.
In publisher, when I select clip art from either publisher or the Microsoft collection and insert it, all I see is an empty picture box. I can see the picture in clips, my organizer but when I put it in my publication, it is blank. Thanks View, pictures, detailed display. If this is not the solution, look into an updated video/graphics driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:796959B9-97E1-446F-91B3-0CC846EC7664@microsoft.com... > ...

Macro to take to last line and insert new row with number
Hi all, I'm looking to get a macro to take me to the last active row in column A and then insert a new row, with the next number then appearing in the first cell of the newly inserted row (for example cell A27 has the number 27 in it and I want the number 28 to automatically appear in cell A28 when the new row is inserted). The trouble is that my rows above have merged cells in Column A - does this cause a problem when trying to get the next number to appear when I insert a new row? I also want the new row to have black text around all the boxes from column A to column Z....

Insert same value across many cells
I have 2 values that are taken from an Inputbox that I need to copy across a range of cells what would be the best and most efficient way to do this? I need the values to be inserted into column A & B from the next Blank Cell in Column A Thanks Peter On Aug 7, 4:09=A0pm, Pete <fell-wal...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > I have 2 values that are taken from an Inputbox that I need to copy > across a range of cells what would be the best and most efficient way > to do this? I need the values to be inserted into column A & B from > the next Blank Cell in Column A > > Tha...

How do I insert a reference to lookup and insert a name
How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a reference table and then insert the name in the next column. eg if I type the letter b in column 1 then the word 'bank' will appear in column 2. If I type the letter i in column 1 then the word 'insurance' will appear in column 2 etc etc look at VLOOKUP in Help. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jan K" <Jan K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CDAC92-DB48-49A7-803F-BF494F5221AB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a > r...

list of installed objects
Hello, Where sould I look for information related with Instealled Ole Controls on the PC? I need to get a list of all objects registered in the system. Thanks a lot, Bastian ...

Header/Footer Objects Won't Print
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, The documents where I work are all created from templates. The header of the templates include a logo, line and text. When I try to print just selected pages from the document, i.e. pages 19-21, the logo and line do not print. If I print the entire document everything prints. The documents based on these templates almost always have section breaks. <br><br>I have been reading the other posts with similar problems. All my preferences are set correctly. I have tried anchoring the logo to the text in ...

use a class object for this?
I have a database that works fine... I was just trying to make it a bit more intuitive to use. Basic structure: CaseManager---(1,M)---Caseworker---(1,M)---Case---(1,M)---Paperwork Rules: Each caseworker may have no more than 10 open cases at a time. Opening a new case "spawns" a series of due dates for paperwork (based on a couple of dates. Joint Visit Date and Admit Date... these work already). Closing a case requires the scheduling of another joint visit and some specialized paperwork. Transferring a case to another social worker may only be allocated to a caseworker with fewer ...