Including custom layouts with an add-in

Hello all,

Question: How do I distribute custom layouts with an add-in I've created?

Details:

I am writing an add-in which retrieves data from a database and creates a
slide or slides based on the results. The add-in is pretty much complete and
seems to work fine. As part of this process I created several custom layouts
and added them to the default slide master. Now when I try to test the add-in
machines other than the one it was developed on I embarrassingly notice the
layouts are not available. My assumption was if the macro-enabled powerpoint
I used to generate the add-in contained the layouts then the distributed
add-in would also contain the layouts.

What do I need to do? Any assistance will be very greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Brian

In article <B39EA1EC-8815-4BBC-9910-69D97FF825D1@microsoft.com>, Clifton Ivey
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Question: How do I distribute custom layouts with an add-in I've created?
>
> Details:
>
> I am writing an add-in which retrieves data from a database and creates a
> slide or slides based on the results. The add-in is pretty much complete and
> seems to work fine. As part of this process I created several custom layouts
> and added them to the default slide master. Now when I try to test the add-in
> machines other than the one it was developed on I embarrassingly notice the
> layouts are not available. My assumption was if the macro-enabled powerpoint
> I used to generate the add-in contained the layouts then the distributed
> add-in would also contain the layouts.

Add-ins contain no slides, no layouts ... nothing but the VBA, really.

Do you need to create presntations from scratch or must you add slides to
existing presentations?

If the former, I think I'd distribute a POT/X or PPT/X with the addin and create
new presentations from it.

If the latter, you could probably code your way through adding the needed
layout, adding shapes and positioning them as needed.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Should be simple to add additional address book for outlook.
Ok this is a simple request that doesn't seem to work. Using the ESM (exchange 2003) SBS. Navigate to All Global Address lists. Right click and new Global Address List. Then I go to outlook client click new email. Click on the address book navigator link. In the available address books I only have global address list or the outlook contacts. How do you get the new Global address book to display ? On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:46:01 -0700, Conrad Gotzmann <ConradGotzmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ok this is a simple request that doesn't seem to work. >Using the ESM (...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup uninstall problem
Hello techie nerds out there Help! I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only run this utility on one desktop? Running windows XP pro and Outlook 2002 The programme does not show up in the Add/Remove programme window in the Control Panel. Many, many thanks Paul Paul Allen <ict@wandsworthvb.org.uk> wrote: > I am trying to uninstall this utility to reinstall it on > another desktop on the same machine. It seems you can only > run this utility on one desktop? Doesn't seem to be the case here. ...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

Quote for Customer can't find data source #3
I need assistance finding the data source for the quote mail merge in CRM 4.0. I get a error "mail_merge_64494[1].doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot open the data source, ." Here is the process I go through before I get the error: - I open a quote - click on menu bar button "Print Quote for Customer" - select organization mail merge, Quote for customer, and OK - when asked if I want to open or save, I select open - I pick yes, when it asks if it can put data on my document I then get message above. How do I find the datasource? Also is there a way to configure...

Add contacts to Global
I am a parent trying to get our elementary school up to date. I want to add all the students in the school's CONTACTS (address, phone, email address, etc). They do use Exchange as I saw GLOBAL as an option at one of the teacher's pc. The principal would like me to do this. They outsource their computer technical work, so I am thinking I would need administrative access to add contacts to the global contacts, correct? Since I'm not a network person, but I do know a lot about Outlook, I need to know EXACTLY how to accomplish this and what info I need to find out from the...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

Excel 2007. How do I get un-installed add-ins off the toolbar?
I have 2 Large Icons on the ribbon/toolbar of Excel 2007. These are Omnipage and s-force. Both of these have been uninstalled and I have de-activated both add-ins. How do I get these off the toolbar forever? thanks ...

How do I enter the character '&' in a custom header?
Can anyone help me with this? Use two of them: && toolman wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this? -- Dave Peterson Try && Mike R. "toolman" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this? That works! Thanks for your help! "Mike R" wrote: > Try && > > Mike R. > > "toolman" wrote: > > > Can anyone help me with this? ...

How do I add an indicator line to a Gantt chart in excel?
I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I would like to indicate a specific date - most of the time today's date - by a vertical line showing how many days have passed and how many yet to go for specific tasks. I have attempted to create an 'XY graph' on top of the bar/Gantt chart, but the two do not seem to be compatible. Hi, See my examples of various ways of adding a datum line to a chart. I'm pretty sure one of the techniques should work for you. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Steve wrote: > I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

How to add another target to VidPN in WDDM driver?
Thanks all for the replies before and I'd like to ask few more questions related to VidPN management of WDDM driver. When WDDM miniport driver enumeratse child devices and connected external monitors, it first detects its all child devices in DxgkDdiQueryChildRelations, and next check each child actually has connected output in DxgkDdiQueryChildStatus. So, to implement adding another(virtual) monitor I faked one of given PDXGK_CHILD_STATUS parameter(HotPlug.Connected) to have true. And I filled up followed EDID query requests as well. Then I could see another monitor attached ...

Custom Controls 10-16-04
Hi, I would like to create a custom control .ascx and I'd like to konow how can I put it on a standard CRM form (for example Accounts) Thanks in advance Zsolt There is not a supported way to do this on the standard forms themselves. The closest supported method wuld be to add a new Tab on the left of the page via teh ISV.Confi and have that display your control. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:06 -0700, Zsolt Z�mbik <zombikzs@titanium-consulting.net> wrote: Hi, I would ...

Add items to SupplierList
I just imported a new catalog of items to our database using EMS import, were newly insterted and some were updated. The problem I'm having is getting the supplier cost to update for the items that were in already and adding the new items to the supplierlist table. I imported the SupplierID to the Item table just can't figure out the query to go the other way updating and adding new. Any help would be great. You need to use T-SQL in the management studio. Use an InnerJoin of the supplier id to the item id and set the cost to = supplier cost if it is the most recent. "Do...

Custom total in PivotTable
How do you add a custom total in a PivotTable! For instance: Field1 Field2 Field3 DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA TOTAL (all DATA under Field3 column) I've tried it with grand total but it doesn't work. The only way was to insert new calculated field and grand total, but that gives me two same data columns at the end. Thanks for helping, Boris ...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

Client Support Module / add-in for CRM 3.0?
We are a software company, and we just implemented CRM 3.0 for the sales staff. We are still using Lotus Notes for our support staff, and were curious if there is a module that we could get for CRM to be able to handle the Support staff as well? This would need to be able to handle creating support tickets, allowing for updating, and cut and paste of screen shots. If anyone is familiar with something in this line, please let me know... I would love to decommission Lotus Notes in the very near future. Thanks ...

Customizing the Report
Hi, I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Raju Launch Crystal, Go to Enterprise Folders, Under the MSCRM 1.2 folder locate the directory similar tothe categories found on the CRM reports page >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. >Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. > >Thanks in Advance. > >Regards, >Raju > > >. > ...

Does not add up properly
Hi I have a spreadsheet with app 800 names sorted in alphabetical order. To the right of the names I have a few col on numbers. At the bottom of each col I have a calculated total for that col(i.e. @SUM (c2...c800) From time to time I have to add new names. I usually type in the names below the 800 line and then do a sort on the names. At this stage the name is inserted in the proper place BUT MY COL TOTAL are no longer accurate. The formula at the bottom now read(as an example) @sum(c12...c800) How can I stop this from happening. Thanks -- Norton Professional 2004 says this email is clea...

Import custom namespace in XSLT
Hi, I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined namespace. For ex: System.Web It seems the framework 1.1 does not work in a manner mentioned in the documentation. The framework gives me a run-time exception and does not transform the input file Have you come across such situations and were able to implement the same? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Alok Alok Sathaye wrote: > I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined > namespace. For ex: System.Web Then when declaring and/or using object...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Add cell value with mouse click
I want to create a counter, so that every time I click in a certain cell it takes the existing number and adds "1" to it. Is there any way to do this? I'm compiling statistical information, and need to get cumulative counts in various categories as I sort through the data. Hi! Maybe you can use a spinner button for this. Right click any toolbar then select Forms. Click on the spinner button ( it looks like an up arrow on top of a down arrow). Place it near the cell you want increment. Once you have it placed and sized right click on it and select Format Control. Fill in ...

pivot table, How to add 1 column
I just need to add one column only but pivot table create another one? I thinkc because I have a column with 2 parameters. I can turn on / off with the field drop down menu How can I get around with this problem? Thanks Daniel ...

automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to public Calendar?
Is there a way to automatically get an alert when someone adds an event to a public Calendar? Having the person who added the event send me an invite is not an option, because they will not do this. (I am required to check the calendar to see if any events have been added.) I can't see a way to quickly see what new events have been added so I have to check the whole calendar. (Or is there a way to view events by the date they were added, not the date of the event?) TJ There should be some solutions for this at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/notify.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...