How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table

I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the
decimal point in a PowerPoint table.

How do I select the full column and align to the decimals?

Thanks!

(B^>)-]=[

0
WSR

You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but
it's still not there. Frustrating.

You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal
tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the
text in each cell as necessary.

"WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the
> decimal point in a PowerPoint table.
>
> How do I select the full column and align to the decimals?
>
> Thanks!
>
> (B^>)-]=[

0
Echo
4/26/2010 8:25:36 PM
First insert a control +tab before each figure in the column where you want
to insert a tab. Select the column, then on the Home tab click to launch the
paragraph dialog box. At the bottom left you will see Tabs, click on this and
you can then set the type of tab you wish at whatever point. It works similar
to Word.
--
Rae Drysdale

"WSR" wrote:

> I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the
> decimal point in a PowerPoint table.
>
> How do I select the full column and align to the decimals?
>
> Thanks!
>
> (B^>)-]=[
>

> .

Thanks for your replies!!!

(B^>)-]=[

"Rae Drysdale" <RaeDrysdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First insert a control +tab before each figure in the column where you
> want
> to insert a tab. Select the column, then on the Home tab click to launch
> the
> paragraph dialog box. At the bottom left you will see Tabs, click on this
> and
> you can then set the type of tab you wish at whatever point. It works
> similar
> to Word.
> --
> Rae Drysdale
>

> "WSR" wrote:
>
>> I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the
>> decimal point in a PowerPoint table.
>>
>> How do I select the full column and align to the decimals?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> (B^>)-]=[
>>

>> .

0
WSR

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

structure alignment
Hello, I use VS .NET to compile my MFC applications. It seems that structures are aligned in some way I can't understand. For example: struct { int nCount; //4 bytes bool active; //1 byte char Str[13]; //13 bytes }MyStruct; I use 18 bytes, but doing a sizeof(MyStruct) returns 20 . How does my compiler handle this? And where are these 2 extra bytes added ? thx Structures are padded, by the compiler, to align with boundaries (even number of bytes, in general). This improves performance, trying to match the data size to a multiple of the compiler's native size. You need t...

Trial Office 2007 Professional
I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. I am attempted to download trial Office Professional 2007 on a New Microsoft 7 system. I am getting the error message "Outlook 2007 with contact manager can not be installed until Outlook 2007 is installed, please insert CD1" I do not have a CD, I am trying to download from Microsoft. What can I do? "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB0ADCF-870A-46FE-AD75-CB977ECC67B6@microsoft.com... > I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. > I am att...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

Pivot Table with Quarter Subtotals across the top
Hello, I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by date across the top from left to right. I would love to insert a subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last three months. As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the pivot table. Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07? Thanks in advance, Dza In 2007- Select any date heading, on the options ribbon click Group Field in the Group g...

Suggest a solution
Hi all. I have a table named Articles that has the fields: ArticleID, ArticleName, Price and so on.... What I want to do is to make a new table that would hold some related Property records for each article. For example... Color, Weight, Length,.. This is not a problem, but what I want is to be able to change fields names for the second table (like PropertyID, PropertyName) and be able to search among those values from query. This is the most important part: ---------------------------------------------------------------- I would like to have them as a field in query from ...

auto filter data within pivot table
Hello, Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? Can we do that? It doesnt seems to work?! Thanks. Elaine. You can add fields to the page area, and use them to filter the pivot table's data. To sort a field, select a cell in a column, and click the A-Z button on the Excel toolbar. elaine wrote: > Does anyone know how can we filter data within a pivot table? or sort > the data from ascending to decending order withing a pivot table??? > Can we do that? > > It doesnt se...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Can decimal point symbol (.) be removed on a Report?
Is there a way in Report Writer to modify a currency field so that it does not show the decimal point symbol (.) - a period, but still shows the 2 decimal places? For example, the field I am trying to modify is Check Amount. Say I have a check for $271.29, I want to format the field so that the outcome is 27129, in other words I don't want the dot/period in between the dollars and the cents. Is this possible to do? If so how can I modify field to display this way? P.S. I don't need the dollar sign either. easiest way would be to use the value in a calculated field with result ...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

Group / ungroup Publisher 2007
I am trying to group 2 pictures in a text box using Publisher 2007 and Vista. The select / unselect items in the Arrange menu are greyed out. I believe I should be able to use the select tool to draw a box around the items but nothing happens when I click on it. any thoughts please Do you have a border on your page? Are you certain you are selecting all the objects? What happens if you do CTRL+A with your cursor outside the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ancre15" <ancre15@discussions.micro...

Excel 2007 macro compatability
I have created a macro in Excel 2007 that includes importing a text file. It works fine on my PC, but fails on a co-workers PC running Excel 2000. The failure points to the "TextFile Platform" command in the macro. I have tried several (437, 1252, 20127), but get the same results. Any solution? Thanks you. Have you try xlWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Al @ Frontier" <Al @ Frontier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F601F80-F099-42C8-AA18-6D31A85946F9@microsoft.com... >I have cr...

Installing Office 2007 on new laptop
I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 day free trial of Office 2007. After the disk has been installed and I click on the icon to open the program I get an error message that says something like "You are unable to sign in because the server is unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and get the same result. This was a disk purchased as a student/instructor disk and has never been used before. On 3/21/2010 11:28 AM, Linda wrote: > I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 ...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

Replacing a disk in DPM 2007
The host on server 1 corrupts and can't be repaired or hard disk fails. Either way need to restore complete host Q)What do I need to get the server running again? Do I need to do a complete clean re-install? Does the agent need to be re-installed? If so is there additional configurations server side I need to do? ...

Microsoft Office Student 2007 activation issues
I have recently installed Windows 7 and have had to reinstall my microsoft office program. The installation went through correctly, no problems there. My problem is with activating it. I go through the activation and choose to convert to the full product right away as I have a product key for a full version. I put the product key in and accept it. I choose my options and then it goes to configuration. The configuration goes through correctly and then I get prompted to restart all microsoft office programs for the changes to go through. I do that and then it prompts me to activate...

How to purge all the Integration Manager log tables?
I went through and purged all the log files from Integration Manager using the procedure outlined in the IM User's Guide. However, after I was finished I looked at the tables in the im.mdb Access database and noticed that the following tables still have quite a few records in them: LogDocumentActivity LogActivity LogDocuments The Log table was empty, which makes sense since I purged all the logs. However, these other tables seem to have retained their records. Is there a way to purge these tables, too? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 B...