How do you curve text in power point?

I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
suggestions?

You can highlight the text then, while it is highlighted, go to format and
click on the drop down menu called, Text Effects.  Once there, scroll down to
the transform option and you should see a few choices for curved text/arching
text.

"matelp" wrote:

> I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
> for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
> suggestions?

save three text boxes as one picture
can anyone help What version? In earlier version, select all, copy, paste special, picture... Publisher 2002-03, File, save as, files of type, scroll down to the image formats... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tjones47" <tjones47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF63E45-40F1-4BE6-B7B1-F9C04396325F@microsoft.com... > can anyone help tjones47 <tjones47@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > can anyone help What version of Publisher are you using? ...

Adding text in Publisher before the actual html e-mail message?
I am trying to send out an e-mail made in Publisher. It's a newsletter, but in case some people can not view the actual html image, I want to have a link to a page on our website with the same content. The only way I have been able to add this text prior to the message is to send it to myself and then fwd it with the appropriate message about the link. "if you cannot see the following message, click here." Does anyone know a way to add this additional message from the Publisher document? I would greatly appreciate some advice. Hi Camil- If I understand you correctly, y...

Convert number to text
I have a cell with a number in it 1-10 I want to convert that to text like person1 - person10. I have tried all sorts of formula but not quite got there yet. Any ideas fellas? Thanks in advance. Hi, try ="Person"&" "&TRIM(LEFT(F8,FIND("-",F8)-1))&" - "&"Person"&" "&MID(F8,SEARCH("-",F8)+1,3) "Brookyboy" wrote: > I have a cell with a number in it 1-10 > I want to convert that to text like person1 - person10. > I have tried all sorts of formula but not quite got t...

how do i zip an audio and text file together
I have an assignment for university. I have to record a short spoken text and separately answer written questions. The two files then must be zipped together before I can send them. I have windows 7 on a new computer and have no idea how to do this. I am still using an old laptop at present but get my wind. 7 next week. I do have acrobat on this old one. Thank you. Put them into a folder and compress the folder (right-click). On Nov 20, 6:31=A0am, Laneyb <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an assignment for university. I have to record a short spoken text...

join text with date
Hello everyone I have a date in A1 as 31-12-04 (format DD_MM_YY) I want to type the formula in A2 like ="As on "&A1 but I am getting the result like "As on 38352" . Is there any way can get the result like "As on 31-12-04". Appreciate your help Regards Tom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi ="As on " & TEXT(A1,"dd-mm-yy") -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "SMILE >" <<SMILE.16dx12@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:SMILE.16dx12@exc...

A query to output custom text?
Hi all, is there any way I can setup a query to output custom text? eg. col. 1 output field name col. 2 output field age col. 3 output "New Student" "New Student" is the custom text I would like to generate everytime. I know I can make a field with "New Student" filled for all records, but it looks redundancy to me. Thanks in advance! Hey Nature, not sure exactly if this is what you want. But if you go to the text box that you want "New Student" to show up... just go to the properties of the text box and under control source type ="New St...

converting "text" numbers to numbers
I have been using the technique of multiplying cells that have number entries that behave like text entries by the value of 1 to convert them to numbers. However, some mixed cell entries, convert strangely. For example the entry "6 A" (without the quotes) becomes 0.25 when multiplied by 1. Any explanation? Any ideas on how to solve other than checking cell by cell to confirm all characters are numbers? Confused! Frustated! <grin>. Bob Just figured out the "why". An entry like 6 A is converted to 6AM. Its numerical value is 0.25. Still hoping for a ...

how do I create a text file from a spreadsheet
I am trying to create a .prn file from a spreadsheet with 80 plus columns. I have successfully completed this in the past with spreadsheets containing less than 20 columns. I'm not getting all of the columns and a majority of the columns do not show the values from the spredsheet. Where can I find information that may help me solve this? There's a limit of 240 characters per line when you save as .prn files. You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",5),5) &...

In query how to write group into the same minute? Export to text file?
Hi How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the same minute compressed into that minute (and the analysis will be done in other fields, like: first, high, low, last, sum). And how can I export the result from a query into a testfile? Regards Rolf On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:05:00 +0100, "Rolf" <rolfe@algonet.se> wrote: >Hi >How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from >witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the ...

Outlook HTML & Text Messages
I have my Outlook 2002 set-up to send and reply/forward messages using the HTML format. However, recipients (including me as a .cc) receive the e-mail in the TEXT format. The messages always appear correct when viewing them in the SENT folder. I have experimented with various selections to NO avail. Please advise what I am overlooking. Are you using an ISP or Exchange server for mail? If Exchange, check with the admin to see if the server is set to strip formatting. BTW, not all people want or appreciate HTML mail so you may want to rethink that strategy. I do not like it and ...

Missing email content, body text, from etc
I have one user on our exchange 5.0 system thats having some weird problems. We have a exchange 5.0 box that handles internal mail. We also have pop accounts with our ISP. In the client (Outlook 2000) I get the pop account to drop all the pop email into the exchange mailbox. Everything seems to be working okay from inside the network. We have another building with computers setup. This computers (XP) have a vpn connection and outlook XP set up the same as it would be on the internal network. Users connect via the vpn connection and then open outlook. It shows their exchange box and also coll...

CRM Starting Point
Does anyone know how to set the starting page when going into CRM to being 'Sales' instead of 'Home'? Thanks go into tools - options then look on the miscellaneous tab and you will see an option to change your starting point -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "SimonK" <SimonK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0393637B-7009-4F46-98F4-8991A5339C73@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to set the starting page when going into CRM to being > 'Sales' instead of 'Home'? > > Thanks Hi Jo...

Plotting data points on 2 axis
I have a table in excel Col A: name of stores Col B: % scores on Parameter A Col C: % scores on Parameter B I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis. The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants. While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four quadrants of the chart. How can i plot such a chart. Plz help. Regards Nikhil Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B). Format each axis scale so the other axis crosse...

Exchange 2010 Disclaimer HTML/Plain Text

Converting month number to text equivalent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In cell A1 I have the date 01/06/2004 (Jan 6th, 2004) displayed. I want = to list the Month and Year of the previous month in cell B1. In this = example I need "DEC-2003" to display. Can anyone help? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3D1EC.879C4B80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

restoring an individual mailbox to a give point in time
Have any of you needed to do this and succeeded? What steps did you take? not an individual mailbox - only blb will allow you to restore a single mailbox, but that cannot be done to a point in time; only from when the backup was taken...only way to do this is to restore the entire database, then replay all applicable transaction log files... "dondidati" <armtrece@vba.va.gov> wrote in message news:5cad01c48143$bfd1dbd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Have any of you needed to do this and succeeded? What > steps did you take? ...

parse data from text field
I currently have a field in a form that contains the exact path to files stored on my computer (ex. C:\file1\file2\file3\samplefile.doc). The path to the file is different for most of the files. I have changed some things in the database and I would like to parse just the file name and extension (ex. samplefile.doc). I have tried the Mid, Left, Right, and InStr functions but I have not been able to get the desired data. Any help with code to parse the data correctly would be appreciated. The names of files are not equal in length. Thank you accessuser1308, You kinda ...

insert blank line when text changes
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to write a macro or something else... so while scrolling down a list everytime the text changes (in this case a name) a blank line would be inserted. Hi try the following macro. It tests column A and inserts a blank row if the values change Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "A").Value <> Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Ent...

Omit points from plot if cell is formula returns a non-numeric res
How can I prevent cells with a non-numeric function result from being plotted as zero values. The function =IF(G3>0,F5+G3,"") Plots values as it should for G>0 but when G<=0 it plots points on the x-axis instead of omiting the points as it does when the cells are blank. On the spread sheet the cells display blank as they should. Hi, Charts plot all non numeric values as zero. There will however interpolate values if #N/A is used. =IF(G3>0,F5+G3,NA()) Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Dave" <Dave@discuss...

Flashing Text
How can I make a text flash RED when say a cell is negative? :confused: j ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I don't think you can, and why ever would you want to? It would drive people nuts, and is not a good design principle. You could make the background or foreground red by using Conditional Formatting. You will find it under the Format menu. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from t...

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

Merge text stacked upon an object into one picture?
I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? What version Publisher? Group the objects, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chiefhollis" <Chiefhollis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:901225A7-9A8E-4046-BF7A-5FF17E06CB6D@microsoft.com... >I placed a graphic (vinal record disc) then stacked text upon it via text > boxes. Can they be merged into one copyable picture? It ...

Linked Text Boxes with Exact Objects copy/paste
Hello All, I am trying to change the layout of a 8.5" x 11" four page document to a two page 17" x 11" document. The four pager consist of four linked text boxes as pages with lots of graphics in each. When I rope the textbox plus the graphics, copy and then paste I only get the an empty textbox plus the graphics, the text is gone. I think this has something to do with the graphic objects Layout set to exact, but I would have to spend a few hours changing all of the objects to inline. Time is what I lack. Is there a way to do this. That is, copy and paste linked tex...

Strike through text in Publisher 2003
I'm new to this product- how do I get strike through text? I've tried importing a style from Word but the formatting gets stripped out. Any help appreciated to meet a deadline! Microsoft decided you no longer needed Strike-through and removed it. Who do you think you are questing the decisions Microsoft make in your interest, and secondly, do you honestly really expect software programs from the same company to be compatible - unbelievable if you do and also believe in quality control. -- MSN supports racism and discrimination against indigenous Australians and Chinese. "I...

series point value
hi, how to get a seares point value, for example, first point value and last point value? Thanks. ...