How do you curve text in power point?

I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
suggestions?

You can highlight the text then, while it is highlighted, go to format and
click on the drop down menu called, Text Effects.  Once there, scroll down to
the transform option and you should see a few choices for curved text/arching
text.

"matelp" wrote:

> I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
> for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
> suggestions?

Pasting block of text
The existing text in the Word document looks like this: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and feels as if he were in the seventh heaven of typography together with Hermann Zapf, the most famous artist of the... The block of text to be inserted is: So, fellow citizens, now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country to demand transparency, sovereignty and independence. How do I paste the block of text so the result looks like this? The quick brown fox jumps over So, fellow citizens, now is the the lazy dog and feels as if ...

Capital/Small Letters in Text
Hallo I have a problem with text format. A lookup-table contains textstrings 003A and 003a. Access2003 does not differentiate between these. But actually they code different things. What shoul I do? Thank you for help You can use the Chr function to differentiate between the two. Chr function uses the ASCII value of a character to return the actual character. This query will find the one with capital A: SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE FieldName = '003A' And Right(FieldName, 1) = Chr(65); This one will find the one with small a: SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE FieldName = '003A...

Exporting from Excel to a text file
How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel spreadsheet to a text file? Copy those visible cells to a new worksheet nad save from there (as .txt)? Select your range edit|goto|Special|visible cells only edit|copy to the new sheet edit|paste Josh Brien wrote: > > How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel > spreadsheet to a text file? -- Dave Peterson I was actually wanting to use a filter to gain the row of information I need and export them to the text file using a button with a macro attached if it's possible...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Putting text on a background?
I'm still muddling along with this, trying things, making up booklets and cards, and figuring them out (which I can do okay in Publisher,(2000) but then have to coordinate with my printer settings). Frustrating at times, I look up and 3-4 hours has gone by. But, I realize, even with the frustrating and figuring out I LOVE DOING THIS! (I must be nuts, huh? (LOL) Same with doing tutorials and learning Photoshop. Not enough free time in the day (and night) Today, I've been setting up and printing a birthday card, more of a booklet for an almost 5 year old grandson. Putting personal ...

How to move text file attachement to desired folder
Hello, I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to desired folder after the email is received. Regards Pawel K. See this software: http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod03.html -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "PK" <nadzibullach@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:dorppo$4vg$1@news.onet.pl... > > I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to > desired folder after the email is received. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/...

IE8 text size 01-25-10
The situation described occurs in IE8 on both Vista home premium and Windows 7 professional. Using the page options, I set the text size to smaller. It will remain that way for a while but within hours or sometimes a day the text size reverts to medium. Any suggestions Lou ...

After Add Record, Put Cursor in specific Text Box
Hi, I had the wizard set up a button to add record (it puts in the code below in the On Click property of the button). I'd then like to have the focus go to text box [ProjectType]. I don't know how to do that. TIA :) Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdAddRecord_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click End Sub Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False If ...

How do I create a Bell Curve Graph in Excel
I am trying to create a Bell Curve Graph in Excel but have ground to a halt, I using Excel 9 Fratton, This example at this site should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/charting_a_normal_distribution/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "fratton" wrote: > I am trying to create a Bell Curve Graph in Excel but have ground to a halt, > I using Excel 9 See Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Off...

Partial Text Match then enter desired result into appropriate colu
I have a list of company names in Column A. On a separate tab I have a list of keywords. What I'd like to do is to have a search done on the names in column A and if any of the keywords on the separate tab match for it to then put in the company type into column B. Example of a company name in column A: Get Things Done Construction Company Keyword on separate tab: "construction: Need the formula to return "construction" to Column B. Thanks in Advance for any insight on this one! Look in the help index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MV...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (spd) files? In article <0b1e01c39a76$b3cad9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "JPS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect > (spd) files? No. Check out Dataviz' MacLinkPlus: http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/ ...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

AutoShape arrow will not overlay text without causing wrapping
In Pub2k I could go to Text Frame Properties - uncheck the "Wrap text around objects" and the text would stay still no matter what I put around or on it. Now in Pub2003 I cannot get the text to "Not Wrap". I have tried every option in the Format Text Box/Layout. The "NONE" option may work with pictures but it DOES NOT work with AutoShapes. If I put the text "on top" then I cannot adjust my arrows "under" the text. I just hate it when a newer software version omits a major feature!!!!! Well - as soon as I posted this question I "f...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

Automatic colors for text
Can you set excel to automaticly fill in a cell color for specific text entered? yes - check out conditional formatting on the format menu if you'ld like further assistance, please post back with more details -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "mogravy" <mogravy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C89261-54D6-4E54-9569-0C19AB86DF64@microsoft.com... > Can you set excel to automaticly fill in a cell color for specific text > entered? ...

Dollar text
Hi I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I write a Check? You might look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 -- Jim "Plumb34" <Plumb34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE4A7F72-B1BE-4AA1-95BE-630B662951A7@microsoft.com... | Hi | I do my proposal in Excel and I'm wondering if I can format a cell to | convert dollar amounts $100.00 to One Hundred Dollars and 00/100 like when I | write a Check? | |...

Able to find text properties?
Is there a function in excel to test the text properties of a cell. ie. if it's bold or red color text? thanks naveed010@hotmail.com G0 to the Help files, and lookup Cell worksheet function That will give you a list of the types of formats that can be returned. Mostly date, time and currency formats. The only color return would be the "negative red" in currency. What you're looking for needs code. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ========================================...

text selection bug?
Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but not using the keyboard. Is this a bug? On Jan 12, 7:38=A0am, "minimus" <mini...@live.co.uk> wrote: > Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of > the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left > shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but n...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

How to create and delete recovery points for DPM via PowerShell
Knowing how to manipulate DPM by way of PowerShell can come in handy in many situations. For example, I had a case to where I was troubleshooting the DPM console that was crashing and there was a concern as to whether or not recovery points where being made for specific protection groups. Using the PowerShell command we could not only verify this, but we could create a recovery point to any protection group we wished. Another example would be if you wanted to delete some recovery points to reclaim some disk space. Recovery points cannot be deleted by the GUI so you have to use P...

Text Box Updating
I am having trouble getting a text box to auto fill from a choice made from a combo box. Combo Box Name is Address_21 Text Box Name is City_1 My code is as follows: 'Auto Fill CES Spec Written Office Private Sub Address_21_Change() Select Case Address_21 Case ""2306 Long Green Court" City_1 = "Valrico" Case ""3440 Oakcliff Road" City_1 = "Atlanta" Case "7015 East 14th Aveneue" City_1 = "Tampa" Case "1800 Taylor Drive" City_1...

Programatically creating text box
Hi all..I need help regarding creating the edit box programatically.. I have drawn a movable rectangle in a view.Now how i want to make that rectangle editable..can any body show me some pointer/sample code? I was cocoa programmer. i know how to do this in mac os..but i dont know how do i o it in MFC.. please help me I took the source code for drawing from following link : http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/diagrameditor.asp Thanks in advance CEdit editbox; when you need it editbox.Create(...parameters here...) and when you are done with it, editbox.DestroyWindow(); or if you want ...

change a text format to number format
I need to link to someone elses table but they have used a different format type for a field called ACCOUNT. I am a beginner and do not know how to write SQL but I was wondering if it is possible to use an update query to change a text field in this situation into a number format. I am trying to run a mismatch query on this table with another table in my database that has a field called ACCOUNT but my table has a number format. I am trying to come up with a list of ACCOUNT numbers that are common in both tables. Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide Let...

Can you plot individual numbers on a bell curve in excel, and how.
I have created a bell curve in excel with the mean and std. dev. and now need to plot the actual values as they fall along the curve. Does anyone know how I can plot these??? you have to put actual values in columns: 1 1 2 1 3 2 4 8 5 10 (pretty sharp bell curve, but you get the idea) 6 7 7 2 8 2 9 1 10 1 ...