How do I create slide titles in powerpoint from excel?

I am using Powerpoint 2003. I want to create slide titles from an excel
spreadsheet?
How can I import the info from Excel?

timj,
Don't think it is possible directly from Excel, maybe you could copy/paste
the cell content to Word (choose keep only text in the paste options), apply
the appropriate heading level 1. Then use send to PPT from the File menu.
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

I'd use something like PPTMerge. http://www.pptools.com/merge/index.html

"timj" <timj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Powerpoint 2003. I want to create slide titles from an excel
> spreadsheet?
> How can I import the info from Excel?

0
Echo
3/8/2010 2:36:01 PM
In article <69686C9B-85C6-4C3E-AC8C-165B2A347117@microsoft.com>, Timj
wrote:
> I am using Powerpoint 2003. I want to create slide titles from an excel
> spreadsheet?
> How can I import the info from Excel?

If the title text is all in one column, select it, copy it, paste it into
a new Notepad document and save it as a TXT file.

Then use File, Open in PPT to open the TXT file.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/