How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?

I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by
month over a 3-year period.  The gross revenues are bars on the primary
y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis.

I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010.  I am able to
add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for
the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as
a line.

How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively,
change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on the primary
axis?

Your help greatly appreciated!
--
Scott

Right-click the series and choose Change Chart Type. Choose the column
chart.

Then right-click the series and choose Format Data Series. On the Axis tab,
choose Primary Axis.

(Going by memory here, as I don't have PPT 2003 handy right this minute. If
my memory isn't as good as it should be, holler back and we can look for
exact places.)

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers
> by
> month over a 3-year period.  The gross revenues are bars on the primary
> y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis.
>
> I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010.  I am able to
> add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series
> for
> the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis
> as
> a line.
>
> How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively,
> change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on the
> primary
> axis?
>
> Your help greatly appreciated!
> --
> Scott

0
Echo
3/23/2010 1:47:29 PM
Thank you, Echo S.  This worked perfectly.  I actually tried this before I
saw your post; great minds thing in the same direction.
--
Scott