How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?

I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by
month over a 3-year period.  The gross revenues are bars on the primary
y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis.

I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010.  I am able to
add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for
the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as
a line.

How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively,
change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on the primary
axis?

Your help greatly appreciated!
--
Scott

Right-click the series and choose Change Chart Type. Choose the column
chart.

Then right-click the series and choose Format Data Series. On the Axis tab,
choose Primary Axis.

(Going by memory here, as I don't have PPT 2003 handy right this minute. If
my memory isn't as good as it should be, holler back and we can look for
exact places.)

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers
> by
> month over a 3-year period.  The gross revenues are bars on the primary
> y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis.
>
> I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010.  I am able to
> add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series
> for
> the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis
> as
> a line.
>
> How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively,
> change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on the
> primary
> axis?
>
> Your help greatly appreciated!
> --
> Scott

0
Echo
3/23/2010 1:47:29 PM
Thank you, Echo S.  This worked perfectly.  I actually tried this before I
saw your post; great minds thing in the same direction.
--
Scott

"Echo S" wrote:

> Right-click the series and choose Change Chart Type. Choose the column
> chart.
>
> Then right-click the series and choose Format Data Series. On the Axis tab,
> choose Primary Axis.
>
> (Going by memory here, as I don't have PPT 2003 handy right this minute. If
> my memory isn't as good as it should be, holler back and we can look for
> exact places.)
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers
> > by
> > month over a 3-year period.  The gross revenues are bars on the primary
> > y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis.
> >
> > I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010.  I am able to
> > add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series
> > for
> > the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis
> > as
> > a line.
> >
> > How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively,
> > change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on the
> > primary
> > axis?
> >
> > Your help greatly appreciated!
> > --
> > Scott

MS Money 95 data files

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

data input in text box

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Sorting Data #5

Outlook 2003

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

HELP! remote data not accessible msg