How can I change primary display for presentation on multiple mon.

I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor.  I have
multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen.  Can I change
the default monitor that F5 points to?

In article <5A95BBFC-B291-4A05-9E71-3F094B937ABB@microsoft.com>, Shorebilly
wrote:
> I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor.  I have
> multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen.  Can I change
> the default monitor that F5 points to?

In the Slide Show | Set up show dialog, you can choose the monitor you want to
display slide shows on.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

3
Steve

can you slash through a number in publisher
I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can be slashed through? You can manually draw a slash with the line tool or the line autoshape tool, bring to the front. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Char" <Char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CE8032-FFC3-4A04-B101-43377ECA9069@microsoft.com... >I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can > be slashed through? ...

can't save changes to workbook; ready only
We use and Microsoft Excel Workbook as our database and I am the primary person that makes changes and those changes are saved on the other two people's copies who work in the office. This morning when I tried to save changes it would not let me and changed my copy and their copies of the workbook to a [read only] [shared] [compatibility mode] database.xls This when I clicked save a box came up stating that there over 265 persons using the database at this time. Which can't be possible since we only have 3 people in our office who use it only a daily basis. It was ...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

Can individual words in a sentence be animated in powerpoint?
I am trying to highlight some individual words within a paragraph. I'd like to give them some animation and not the whole sentence. On 6/4/10 1:08 PM, consultkjb wrote: > I am trying to highlight some individual words within a paragraph. I'd like > to give them some animation and not the whole sentence. I think you can only do that if they are in a separate text box. --David -- David M. Marcovitz Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_ http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/ ...

Can Excel 2007 link with Outlook 2007
I have a list of companies names that I need to add the addresses to. I don't want them to be on the same worksheet. I will need to add compaines to the list from time to time. Also Is it possible to link these addresses with outlook? Thanks, Dan ...

Can I stop formatting changes from appearing in "track changes"?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Under track changes preferences, I have &quot;none&quot; selected, yet formatting changes still show up when I chose to display the changes in balloons. I can accept most of the formatting changes in order to eliminate the balloons, but sometimes I click to &quot;accept&quot; 10 or 20 times, but the balloon won't go away. <br><br>I realize that this is only a problem with balloons, but my pagination gets messed up if I don't use balloons. Yes: Turn off "Keep track of f...

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

How Long Can Release 1.2 Still Be Purchased?
Hi, I know that support for 1.2 ends at the end of October, 2006. But does anyone know when purchases and sale (and the capability of getting registration keys) of release 1.2 ends? We work with a 3rd party ISV and their product won't be ready for 3.0 for quite a few more months and I am trying to figure out our response to clients who need this add-on and want CRM. Thanks. Alan ...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

can i recover documents not recently saved after a crash?
computer just restarted itselt in the middle of doing a visio drawing. after restart it's not recovered anything! is it possible to get back? ...

ACC2000: change string to int
I have a customer number that is a string, but I need to change it to an integer variable. Assigning: iCust = sCust does not work. (I just want to drop leading zeroes in the string. It can stay a string if that's easy.) Is there a function to convert string to int? I could not find one in Access help. String() seems to convert a numeric to a string data type. Thanks. Try use: Int(sCust) or Val(sCust) If you want to find Help on these types of functions, first open any module and then open Help. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donat...

How do I change my "Personal Contacts" to just Contacts?
My computer crashed but not before I saved my Outlook folder. The problem is how do I import all of the data (emails, contacts, calendar) into the right places? The old was 2003; the new is 2007. As of now, the old "Outlook" folder is sitting on my new Desktop, which probably doesn't make the most sense. The main issue is that all of my contacts are listed as "Personal Contacts" when I really want to make them just "Contacts" in general and create a subset of truly personal contacts. Thanks. goodguy9544;112956 Wrote: > My computer cra...

Help in displaying in a cell
I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works) in a excel spreadsheet, but the cell only display ############ wrap text option is checked, What's the exact problem? Using excel 2007 Is the cell formatted as Text? Apply a General format to it instead. Also, you can insert manual line breaks as you enter the text using Alt-Enter. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 3, 9:59=A0am, "crapit" <biggerc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works= ) > in a excel spreadsheet, but the c...

Image icons don't display in sharepoint document libraries.
We have an issue with icons in the document libraries; The gif icons suddenly disappear and sharepoint shows icgen.gif instead. When we run "iisreset" command this issue is fixed, but it's only a matter of time because the icons disappear few minutes later. We have serveral virtual servers with one different application pool for each one, and this problem only happens in two of them, so the installation seems to be all right. We thought the problem could be dued to the configuration of the application pools, but we didn't find anything strange or different to make us think ...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Can not get MS Money Premium to connect to internet after KB searc
I can not log into the Windows Live ID because Money will not connect to the internet. I am running Win XP SP2 on Tablet(Pro version) with IE 7 and have upgraded and reset ie7. I have gone through KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338/ and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899935/ from Cal Learner's previous posts. However, these have not worked and I cannot get to use Windows Live ID since it will not connect. I also reinstalled Money again, but not available. Anyone have any ideas? I know this has been a running problem, but I want to use the Live ID process so my bank info wi...

Change pivot chart options
Is it possible to modify fields through VB on pivotcharts? For instance I have a chart that shows sales per date. And I'd like to use the same chart to show sales by month or sales by week without the user having to move things around themselves. I can easily set up 2 different Pivotcharts but that seems redundant if they use the exact same layout and data. Thanks, ...

Change system message
When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list and the list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The text you entered isn't an item in the list. Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items" I would like to personalize that message based on the control (this so I can change the message depending on the control - different control different message). Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Sarah, use something like this in the NotInList event for the combobox: Private Sub Combo10_NotInList(Ne...

changing columns in the select names dialog box
Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server. 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the "select columns" dialog box? 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a column to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to appear again? Many thanks. Jeff 1) No.=20 2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure = out. Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left = side of the colu...

Changing format of a particular point in a series (conditionally/vba)
I have a single series which is charted each month and want to automatically format one of the points (a bar) a different colour. Is it possible to do this automatically? thanks for any advice david marcus - note the email address will not work Hi! Click once on the particular bar where you wish to have different color, system will select all bars in the chart. Click once again, the system will select only the bar that you are clicking on. Call out Format Data Point and select the desired color or pattern. >-----Original Message----- >I have a single series which is charted eac...

Area Pages Display Problems
When I launch GP and select any series, for example, Financial. The area page on the right provides varios categories. In the Financial Area page, one of the Category is Cards and then underneath cards it has Financial (To the the left of Financial there is a + or - icon) and then Financial has several access items such as account, checkbook, etc. The problem I am running into is when I click on the + icon it expands the category properly and changes the icon to - correctly. Then when I click on the minus icon it shrinks the category, but instead the of changing the icon to + it chan...

can't receive email
I've been receiving email without a problem. Suddenly, when logging on, outlook shows that it's trying to receive the email, but after awhile I receive the following message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I can, however, retrieve the email from cox's webmail. Anyone got a clue? OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x8...

Where can download latest CRM 3 Outlook CD
Hi. May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. this link it is the latest one http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E0CF1BB0&displaylang=en thank you Yes, the link you does point to the latest CRM 3 Outlook. Don't forgot to also install the Update Rollup 2 afterwards. You can find that by browsing to www.microsoft.com/downloads and entering "crm update rollup 2" in the box next to search all downloads. "Ng" wrote: > Hi. > > May i know where can download the latest CRM 3 Outlook CD. &g...

How can you reference a picture from a worksheet cell?
I have an image or picture within a worksheet. I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a validation list a different picture is shown. Is this possible in Microsoft Exec 2000 Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html He has a neat way of doing things like this. scott56hannah wrote: > > I have an image or picture within a worksheet. > > I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a > validation list a different picture is shown. > > Is this possible in Microsoft...