HELP! PowerPoint Problems - Problem Report

PROBLEM REPORT

Powerpoint version now in use: 2007

Version the file was created in or opened in since, if any: created in 2003, 
but the problems started while using 2003. I had hoped upgrading to 2007 
would help, but it hasn't. It got worse.

Windows version: Vista

Other hardware involved (printer, etc): Just my laptop

Description of problem: When I first got my laptop, I was excited because 
our church just got a projector and I couldn't wait to set up PowerPoint 
slideshows to run our church choruses with music and words altogether. I'd 
set up many slideshows before, with no trouble whatsoever.

The first problem I ran into was that when I set my computer up for a second 
monitor, my slideshows were messed up. One part would be different sized 
than what I had set it, or something would have changed the timing. The real 
problem was that it would actually CHANGE my slideshow file (when I compared 
the files to the backup files afterwards, the files had changed). After 
trying several suggestions, I gave up on using the second monitor and just 
used a single monitor projected on the screen. Everything ran OK for awhile, 
but soon these files would lag, or the music would "stick" repeating a note 
over a few times and make the thing off sync. I thought maybe something was 
running on my computer making it slow down, so we shut everything off before 
running these - it appeared to work for a bit, but soon that didn't help 
either. The problem was, it was random. It would happen to different files 
at different times, and the next time, that same file would run fine. I 
finally bought Office 2007, thinking the upgrade might fix things. It 
didn't. It got worse. Now sometimes the animation wouldn't start until I 
clicked the mouse to get it going. Another time the music would simply stop. 
Another time the animation would freeze in mid movement. And another time 
the music and pictures would be out of sync.

I can find no help on this problem. The closest thing I found that might 
make sense was on your site. "Consider disabling AutoLayout". I followed the 
steps, but when I got to the Auto Correct tabs and clicked "AutoFormat as 
you type" There was no section called "Apply as you work" and no "Automatic 
layout for inserted objects" to uncheck.

Here's what I expect to happen, but it doesn't: I expect the powerpoint 
slide show to run just as I have timed it to run. It doesn't.

Here's what I've already tried to solve the problem: Fully upgraded and 
fully updated. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall Office. I also 
followed your troubleshooting tips under "General problem-solving 
procedures" and "Don't use PowerPoint for anything serious until you've done 
this". 

0
Tina
4/25/2010 7:12:17 PM
powerpoint 2011 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1074 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19

Hi Tina,

Odd as it may sound, and especially since this is a new PC, I'd make sure you 
have a Windows and PPT-friendly printer driver installed.  

How to install a TEST printer driver
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00952.htm

Next, are you sure you have all the fonts you used in the presentation 
installed on the new PC?  

To check: Open your presentation, click the Home tab, then at the far right of 
the ribbon, click the down-arrowhead next to Replace and choose Replace Fonts.

Look at the list of fonts in the upper dialog box; any fonts with a ? next to 
them are missing.  PowerPoint will substitute a different font for these and 
that can throw off your formatting considerably.

And finally, at least for today's lesson, have you installed at least Service 
Pack 2 for Office 2007?


In article <uqul7sK5KHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tina wrote:
> PROBLEM REPORT
> 
> Powerpoint version now in use: 2007
> 
> Version the file was created in or opened in since, if any: created in 2003, 
> but the problems started while using 2003. I had hoped upgrading to 2007 
> would help, but it hasn't. It got worse.
> 
> Windows version: Vista
> 
> Other hardware involved (printer, etc): Just my laptop
> 
> Description of problem: When I first got my laptop, I was excited because 
> our church just got a projector and I couldn't wait to set up PowerPoint 
> slideshows to run our church choruses with music and words altogether. I'd 
> set up many slideshows before, with no trouble whatsoever.
> 
> The first problem I ran into was that when I set my computer up for a second 
> monitor, my slideshows were messed up. One part would be different sized 
> than what I had set it, or something would have changed the timing. The real 
> problem was that it would actually CHANGE my slideshow file (when I compared 
> the files to the backup files afterwards, the files had changed). After 
> trying several suggestions, I gave up on using the second monitor and just 
> used a single monitor projected on the screen. Everything ran OK for awhile, 
> but soon these files would lag, or the music would "stick" repeating a note 
> over a few times and make the thing off sync. I thought maybe something was 
> running on my computer making it slow down, so we shut everything off before 
> running these - it appeared to work for a bit, but soon that didn't help 
> either. The problem was, it was random. It would happen to different files 
> at different times, and the next time, that same file would run fine. I 
> finally bought Office 2007, thinking the upgrade might fix things. It 
> didn't. It got worse. Now sometimes the animation wouldn't start until I 
> clicked the mouse to get it going. Another time the music would simply stop. 
> Another time the animation would freeze in mid movement. And another time 
> the music and pictures would be out of sync.
> 
> I can find no help on this problem. The closest thing I found that might 
> make sense was on your site. "Consider disabling AutoLayout". I followed the 
> steps, but when I got to the Auto Correct tabs and clicked "AutoFormat as 
> you type" There was no section called "Apply as you work" and no "Automatic 
> layout for inserted objects" to uncheck.
> 
> Here's what I expect to happen, but it doesn't: I expect the powerpoint 
> slide show to run just as I have timed it to run. It doesn't.
> 
> Here's what I've already tried to solve the problem: Fully upgraded and 
> fully updated. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall Office. I also 
> followed your troubleshooting tips under "General problem-solving 
> procedures" and "Don't use PowerPoint for anything serious until you've done 
> this".


==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/


0
Steve
4/25/2010 8:34:32 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply!!! I appreciate it!

This new computer is actually a couple of years old now, and the PowerPoint 
SlideShows were made on this computer, so the fonts are all here. As I said 
in my earlier note, I keep everything in Office and Windows fully up to 
date. As for the printer, it's all set up, driver installed and local - and 
following the link you gave me didn't change any of the problems.

So I guess I'm ready for lesson #2? :-)

Tina

"Steve Rindsberg" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message 
news:VA.000058de.15772b8c@localhost.com...
> Hi Tina,
>
> Odd as it may sound, and especially since this is a new PC, I'd make sure 
> you
> have a Windows and PPT-friendly printer driver installed.
>
> How to install a TEST printer driver
> http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00952.htm
>
> Next, are you sure you have all the fonts you used in the presentation
> installed on the new PC?
>
> To check: Open your presentation, click the Home tab, then at the far 
> right of
> the ribbon, click the down-arrowhead next to Replace and choose Replace 
> Fonts.
>
> Look at the list of fonts in the upper dialog box; any fonts with a ? next 
> to
> them are missing.  PowerPoint will substitute a different font for these 
> and
> that can throw off your formatting considerably.
>
> And finally, at least for today's lesson, have you installed at least 
> Service
> Pack 2 for Office 2007?
>
>
> In article <uqul7sK5KHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tina wrote:
>> PROBLEM REPORT
>>
>> Powerpoint version now in use: 2007
>>
>> Version the file was created in or opened in since, if any: created in 
>> 2003,
>> but the problems started while using 2003. I had hoped upgrading to 2007
>> would help, but it hasn't. It got worse.
>>
>> Windows version: Vista
>>
>> Other hardware involved (printer, etc): Just my laptop
>>
>> Description of problem: When I first got my laptop, I was excited because
>> our church just got a projector and I couldn't wait to set up PowerPoint
>> slideshows to run our church choruses with music and words altogether. 
>> I'd
>> set up many slideshows before, with no trouble whatsoever.
>>
>> The first problem I ran into was that when I set my computer up for a 
>> second
>> monitor, my slideshows were messed up. One part would be different sized
>> than what I had set it, or something would have changed the timing. The 
>> real
>> problem was that it would actually CHANGE my slideshow file (when I 
>> compared
>> the files to the backup files afterwards, the files had changed). After
>> trying several suggestions, I gave up on using the second monitor and 
>> just
>> used a single monitor projected on the screen. Everything ran OK for 
>> awhile,
>> but soon these files would lag, or the music would "stick" repeating a 
>> note
>> over a few times and make the thing off sync. I thought maybe something 
>> was
>> running on my computer making it slow down, so we shut everything off 
>> before
>> running these - it appeared to work for a bit, but soon that didn't help
>> either. The problem was, it was random. It would happen to different 
>> files
>> at different times, and the next time, that same file would run fine. I
>> finally bought Office 2007, thinking the upgrade might fix things. It
>> didn't. It got worse. Now sometimes the animation wouldn't start until I
>> clicked the mouse to get it going. Another time the music would simply 
>> stop.
>> Another time the animation would freeze in mid movement. And another time
>> the music and pictures would be out of sync.
>>
>> I can find no help on this problem. The closest thing I found that might
>> make sense was on your site. "Consider disabling AutoLayout". I followed 
>> the
>> steps, but when I got to the Auto Correct tabs and clicked "AutoFormat as
>> you type" There was no section called "Apply as you work" and no 
>> "Automatic
>> layout for inserted objects" to uncheck.
>>
>> Here's what I expect to happen, but it doesn't: I expect the powerpoint
>> slide show to run just as I have timed it to run. It doesn't.
>>
>> Here's what I've already tried to solve the problem: Fully upgraded and
>> fully updated. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall Office. I also
>> followed your troubleshooting tips under "General problem-solving
>> procedures" and "Don't use PowerPoint for anything serious until you've 
>> done
>> this".
>
>
> ==============================
> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> http://www.pptools.com/
>
> 

0
Tina
4/25/2010 9:50:59 PM
Still waiting for lesson 2. I really don't know where to go with this 
problem!

Tina
"Tina" <digitie@cinergymetro.net> wrote in message 
news:DB1AF5A5-837B-4B38-8065-1BB4532301CD@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the prompt reply!!! I appreciate it!
>
> This new computer is actually a couple of years old now, and the 
> PowerPoint SlideShows were made on this computer, so the fonts are all 
> here. As I said in my earlier note, I keep everything in Office and 
> Windows fully up to date. As for the printer, it's all set up, driver 
> installed and local - and following the link you gave me didn't change any 
> of the problems.
>
> So I guess I'm ready for lesson #2? :-)
>
> Tina
>
> "Steve Rindsberg" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message 
> news:VA.000058de.15772b8c@localhost.com...
>> Hi Tina,
>>
>> Odd as it may sound, and especially since this is a new PC, I'd make sure 
>> you
>> have a Windows and PPT-friendly printer driver installed.
>>
>> How to install a TEST printer driver
>> http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00952.htm
>>
>> Next, are you sure you have all the fonts you used in the presentation
>> installed on the new PC?
>>
>> To check: Open your presentation, click the Home tab, then at the far 
>> right of
>> the ribbon, click the down-arrowhead next to Replace and choose Replace 
>> Fonts.
>>
>> Look at the list of fonts in the upper dialog box; any fonts with a ? 
>> next to
>> them are missing.  PowerPoint will substitute a different font for these 
>> and
>> that can throw off your formatting considerably.
>>
>> And finally, at least for today's lesson, have you installed at least 
>> Service
>> Pack 2 for Office 2007?
>>
>>
>> In article <uqul7sK5KHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tina wrote:
>>> PROBLEM REPORT
>>>
>>> Powerpoint version now in use: 2007
>>>
>>> Version the file was created in or opened in since, if any: created in 
>>> 2003,
>>> but the problems started while using 2003. I had hoped upgrading to 2007
>>> would help, but it hasn't. It got worse.
>>>
>>> Windows version: Vista
>>>
>>> Other hardware involved (printer, etc): Just my laptop
>>>
>>> Description of problem: When I first got my laptop, I was excited 
>>> because
>>> our church just got a projector and I couldn't wait to set up PowerPoint
>>> slideshows to run our church choruses with music and words altogether. 
>>> I'd
>>> set up many slideshows before, with no trouble whatsoever.
>>>
>>> The first problem I ran into was that when I set my computer up for a 
>>> second
>>> monitor, my slideshows were messed up. One part would be different sized
>>> than what I had set it, or something would have changed the timing. The 
>>> real
>>> problem was that it would actually CHANGE my slideshow file (when I 
>>> compared
>>> the files to the backup files afterwards, the files had changed). After
>>> trying several suggestions, I gave up on using the second monitor and 
>>> just
>>> used a single monitor projected on the screen. Everything ran OK for 
>>> awhile,
>>> but soon these files would lag, or the music would "stick" repeating a 
>>> note
>>> over a few times and make the thing off sync. I thought maybe something 
>>> was
>>> running on my computer making it slow down, so we shut everything off 
>>> before
>>> running these - it appeared to work for a bit, but soon that didn't help
>>> either. The problem was, it was random. It would happen to different 
>>> files
>>> at different times, and the next time, that same file would run fine. I
>>> finally bought Office 2007, thinking the upgrade might fix things. It
>>> didn't. It got worse. Now sometimes the animation wouldn't start until I
>>> clicked the mouse to get it going. Another time the music would simply 
>>> stop.
>>> Another time the animation would freeze in mid movement. And another 
>>> time
>>> the music and pictures would be out of sync.
>>>
>>> I can find no help on this problem. The closest thing I found that might
>>> make sense was on your site. "Consider disabling AutoLayout". I followed 
>>> the
>>> steps, but when I got to the Auto Correct tabs and clicked "AutoFormat 
>>> as
>>> you type" There was no section called "Apply as you work" and no 
>>> "Automatic
>>> layout for inserted objects" to uncheck.
>>>
>>> Here's what I expect to happen, but it doesn't: I expect the powerpoint
>>> slide show to run just as I have timed it to run. It doesn't.
>>>
>>> Here's what I've already tried to solve the problem: Fully upgraded and
>>> fully updated. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall Office. I also
>>> followed your troubleshooting tips under "General problem-solving
>>> procedures" and "Don't use PowerPoint for anything serious until you've 
>>> done
>>> this".
>>
>>
>> ==============================
>> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
>> http://www.pptfaq.com/
>>
>> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
>> http://www.pptools.com/
>>
>>
> 

0
Tina
5/1/2010 4:06:54 PM
Hmm.  I'm not really sure what might be causing all this trouble.

You might try disabling your antivirus software program; some of them can cause 
trouble.

Try starting PPT in Safe Mode first to see if the problem still occurs.
Hold down the CTRL key while starting PPT (you might need to right click its 
icon and click Open while holding down Ctrl)

Then try starting Windows in Safe Mode to see if the problem still occurs.

In article <DB1AF5A5-837B-4B38-8065-1BB4532301CD@microsoft.com>, Tina wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply!!! I appreciate it!
> 
> This new computer is actually a couple of years old now, and the PowerPoint 
> SlideShows were made on this computer, so the fonts are all here. As I said 
> in my earlier note, I keep everything in Office and Windows fully up to 
> date. As for the printer, it's all set up, driver installed and local - and 
> following the link you gave me didn't change any of the problems.
> 
> So I guess I'm ready for lesson #2? :-)
> 
> Tina
> 
> "Steve Rindsberg" <abuse@localhost.com> wrote in message 
> news:VA.000058de.15772b8c@localhost.com...
> > Hi Tina,
> >
> > Odd as it may sound, and especially since this is a new PC, I'd make sure 
> > you
> > have a Windows and PPT-friendly printer driver installed.
> >
> > How to install a TEST printer driver
> > http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00952.htm
> >
> > Next, are you sure you have all the fonts you used in the presentation
> > installed on the new PC?
> >
> > To check: Open your presentation, click the Home tab, then at the far 
> > right of
> > the ribbon, click the down-arrowhead next to Replace and choose Replace 
> > Fonts.
> >
> > Look at the list of fonts in the upper dialog box; any fonts with a ? next 
> > to
> > them are missing.  PowerPoint will substitute a different font for these 
> > and
> > that can throw off your formatting considerably.
> >
> > And finally, at least for today's lesson, have you installed at least 
> > Service
> > Pack 2 for Office 2007?
> >
> >
> > In article <uqul7sK5KHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tina wrote:
> >> PROBLEM REPORT
> >>
> >> Powerpoint version now in use: 2007
> >>
> >> Version the file was created in or opened in since, if any: created in 
> >> 2003,
> >> but the problems started while using 2003. I had hoped upgrading to 2007
> >> would help, but it hasn't. It got worse.
> >>
> >> Windows version: Vista
> >>
> >> Other hardware involved (printer, etc): Just my laptop
> >>
> >> Description of problem: When I first got my laptop, I was excited because
> >> our church just got a projector and I couldn't wait to set up PowerPoint
> >> slideshows to run our church choruses with music and words altogether. 
> >> I'd
> >> set up many slideshows before, with no trouble whatsoever.
> >>
> >> The first problem I ran into was that when I set my computer up for a 
> >> second
> >> monitor, my slideshows were messed up. One part would be different sized
> >> than what I had set it, or something would have changed the timing. The 
> >> real
> >> problem was that it would actually CHANGE my slideshow file (when I 
> >> compared
> >> the files to the backup files afterwards, the files had changed). After
> >> trying several suggestions, I gave up on using the second monitor and 
> >> just
> >> used a single monitor projected on the screen. Everything ran OK for 
> >> awhile,
> >> but soon these files would lag, or the music would "stick" repeating a 
> >> note
> >> over a few times and make the thing off sync. I thought maybe something 
> >> was
> >> running on my computer making it slow down, so we shut everything off 
> >> before
> >> running these - it appeared to work for a bit, but soon that didn't help
> >> either. The problem was, it was random. It would happen to different 
> >> files
> >> at different times, and the next time, that same file would run fine. I
> >> finally bought Office 2007, thinking the upgrade might fix things. It
> >> didn't. It got worse. Now sometimes the animation wouldn't start until I
> >> clicked the mouse to get it going. Another time the music would simply 
> >> stop.
> >> Another time the animation would freeze in mid movement. And another time
> >> the music and pictures would be out of sync.
> >>
> >> I can find no help on this problem. The closest thing I found that might
> >> make sense was on your site. "Consider disabling AutoLayout". I followed 
> >> the
> >> steps, but when I got to the Auto Correct tabs and clicked "AutoFormat as
> >> you type" There was no section called "Apply as you work" and no 
> >> "Automatic
> >> layout for inserted objects" to uncheck.
> >>
> >> Here's what I expect to happen, but it doesn't: I expect the powerpoint
> >> slide show to run just as I have timed it to run. It doesn't.
> >>
> >> Here's what I've already tried to solve the problem: Fully upgraded and
> >> fully updated. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall Office. I also
> >> followed your troubleshooting tips under "General problem-solving
> >> procedures" and "Don't use PowerPoint for anything serious until you've 
> >> done
> >> this".
> >
> >
> > ==============================
> > PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> > http://www.pptfaq.com/
> >
> > PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> > http://www.pptools.com/
> >
> >


==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/


0
Steve
5/3/2010 3:02:47 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Here is fix for Windows file problems
If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, closing, copying files, see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916 A better solution is offered at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015". Patricia Shannon wrote: > If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, > closing, copying files, see: > > http://ww...

Problem with CFTPConnection
Hi I've an application that connects to an FTP Server and uploads a big directory (size over 500 MB). Now what happens is that after sometime the application stops uploading files and stays idle. The FTP server connection timeout value is set to 2 minutes. So the server seeing the connection idle for two seconds, disconnect the session and no more file is uploaded. On debugging I found out that after some time CFTPConnection.PutFile() method hangs on some random file and stays like that for 5 minutes (default send timeout value of CFTPSession). During this time the server connection timeo...

GP GL recurring entry problem!
hi, I have created the prepayment batch which will recur 11 times monthly in general ledger, this expenditure occurred starting from Aug, been posted on Nov..however, after posting it, there is just Aug expenditure bumped up while same journal no. showed two entries, which are duplicated and one of that is showing the audit trial code, the other one remains original journal no. and batch no.; also, the other prepayment batch i created recurring 3 months, it did show the aug and sep expenditures, however the oct expenditure can't be showed up after post. Linking with this two ...

Problems migrating users from E2K to E2K03
Having problems when I try to move a mailbox over to Exchange 2003 server from a Exchange 2000 SP3 everything seems to go fine other than the fact that now when sending e-mail I receive "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address." I have no problems when I create a mailbox for a user on the E2k03 box, but when it comes up to moving a maibox it does not seem to go as smooth. Stumped Al Hi Al, It sounds like some of the attributes for the user...

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?
I have a machine running office 97 and Win XP. I have seen posts stating it runs fine, but I don't know how man people use spreadsheets that require a hard calculation: Excel will not force a calculation. i.e. ctrl-alt-f9 does not cause full workbook calculation as required. Meaning cells do not update and it doesn't calculate unless you clic in the cell to edit and hit enter. neither does the "Calc Now" button. Auto or manual calculation mode has no effect. Anybody else have this problem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure that both the SR1 a...

office 2000 [excel] cannot open previously OK file. Help
When trying to open a Microsoft Excel Work Sheet that I had accessed modified and saved to only yesterday [Office 2000] a window pops up with: "name.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be resd-only, or you may be trying toaccess a read only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." Older files stored on the same mediums ;HD, Flash memory or 3.5in. diskette are accessed with no problem. This is on a network drive? ...

Excel and some disappeared sheets
Anybody has the same or similar experiences : - I worked with excel file / closed as usually - new day opened and unfortunatelly some very important sheets disappeared / why ? Don=B4t know - I had about 7-9 sheets just now only 3 ones are there but not so important as another ones - the file has original size / I quickly looked into file by normal text editor only for reading and all relevant data are there, however if I open file by Excel, NO original sheets or data are there. - this file is VERY IMPORTANT for me - why happened ? Don=B4t know since I ask anybody for help Thanks in advan...

Report Security
I have some questions : 1. I have some custom reports, for example report A, B and C. But why there are some user CRM who can not view the custom reports, although they are CRM user and they are member of SQLReportingGroup in active directory. 2. Why there're some user that not automatically include of SQLReportingGroup member, although they are member of active directory & registered as user in Ms CRM? Thx before ^_^ ...

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

How do I get Powerpoint 2003 fade in 1 by 1 in 2007
I frequently used the 'fade in one by one' feature in Powerpoint 2003, which allowed me to fade in individual bullet points by way of a click of a mouse. Not only is this feature now not standard in 2007, but I can't work out how to create it: anything that I find, tends, instead, to fade the bullet points in on some kind of automatic time schedule, rather than - as I want - on a mouse click. I want only to use text, no sounds, no pictures, and nothing fancy. Currently, I am reduced to copying my material into an old Powerpoint 2003 presentation, but this is silly....

CRM Outlook Client Configuration Wizard Problem
CRM 4.0 - Microsoft Outlook Client Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client ins...

Customizing report in MS2005 causes data to vanish
While customizing a Report by Category, I clicked on the Details and Amount tabs and all my data vanished in the report. What'smore I cannot seem to restore the data in the report...? Bug? Or is there a workaround? Thanks. BTW: A feature(s) request: It would be great to be able to get category data grouped quarterly (not just monthly) It would be great to see a horizontal report with categories displayed monthly and quarterly (listed across the top) Finally, sorting a report by perhaps two or three criteria would be great (as I see it, it is only one creterion currently) Thanks ...

CRM 3.0 Report scheduling wizard
Hi, Can you bale to provide the user manual for CRM 3.0 Report scheduling wizard? When I schedule the report, it says scheduled snapshot and snapshot available. After that If i click on that snapshot it is taking the same amount of time, as If i run the original report. So I have a doubt whether im using the correct process to schedule reports. What I need is: 1) User manual for thsi tool on how to use 2) What is snapshot mean exactly? is it different from original report or its same as the final output of the report? Thx Anil V ...

Problem with Update function of CRecordSet class
Hi All When I use from Update function of CRecordSet class, it apply to table after a few time(for example 1 second) when I need to see it at time. Thanks ...

Problem with macro assigned to custom toolbar button
Problem with macro assigned to custom toolbar button I am having a probelm with macros assigned to a custom button on custom button. I am using excel 2000. 1. I have created a macro called "Jump" in a workbook named "Test1" 2. I then created a custom toolbar and added a custom toolbar button t that toolbar. 3. Through the customize dialog box I assign the Macro "Jump" to th custom button. Everything works fine UNTIL. If I do a SAVE AS for the workbook "Test1" and call it something els like "Test2" and then close "Test2" an...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY
Hi, I have an IMAP account and OL2002 as client. I have checked for my account ( tools, send/receive settings, define send/receive groups, <my_account>, edit) download item description only. It works only the first time I start OL2002, but it does not work anymore for subsequent automatic/manual send/receive operations. Please could someone really help me ? Thank you in advance, Patrick ...

request to solve my problem #5
hello friends this is vijay,i got a problem while doing my project based on vc++ (i.e)"How to implement Fit Window feature in VC++6.0 in an MDI Application" if any of you got any idea about that please do reply me with the proceedure.i will be waiting for your reply bye with regards vijayprasadreddy ...

Excel. I am having a problem with hidden text
As I type text in some cells, it does not always dispaly if it exceeds the cell length. I wish to keep the cell lenghts for the entire document, but do wish for teh text in that particular row to be displayed. How about if you select that cell, then format|cells|alignment tab|check wrap text And with that row selected format|row|autofit SHR77 wrote: > > As I type text in some cells, it does not always dispaly if it exceeds the > cell length. I wish to keep the cell lenghts for the entire document, but do > wish for teh text in that particular row to be displayed. -- Da...

Help With Margin Formula
Hello, I need help with a margin forumla (calculated from retail). Say I have a cost of $10.00, and I need the formula to calculate a 40% margin from retail. So the retail should end up at $16.67. Not sure how to get from $10.00 to $16.66, I just know the cost and the margin I need to make. Thanks JR =A1/(100%-40%) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "JR" <gaspower@aol.com> wrote in message news:eGszf.424$2O6.53@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com... > Hello, > I need help with a margin forumla (calculated from retail). Say I have a > cost of $10.00, and I need the formul...

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help
When I enter a reference to a cell, eg A2, as the value for the data_field item in the GETPIVOTDATA I get a #REF error. However, when I instead type the value of A2, eg 2003, manually into the GETPIVOTDATA formula, it works. Can anyone please help--I want this formula to vary based on what is in A2. Cheers This function is so variable in action, and difficult to handle, that have given it up in favour of VLOOKUP. In fact, having no problem i use with pivot tables -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try copying the headings from the pivot table, and pasting them into the ce...

Exchange server crashed, please help....! Need to restore two priv.edb and pub.edb files into one....!
Hi Guys, I was wondering if I could get some help with the following problem we are having on our company. Here is the scenario; Our Windows NT 4.0 SP4a server running Exchange 5.5 SP4 crashed (Server 1) due to the exchange database reaching its 16 Gig's max limit. I went ahead and moved some mailboxes' e-mails to a few .pst files in order to make some space. This worked ok. Then, I decided to build another exchange server (Server 2) to moved some mailboxes and alleviate the load. Once the server was ready and configured as part of the current exchange site, I went ahead and move...

Report Can Grow not aligned horizontally
I have a report where I have 1 row of text, memo, number, and date fields. The memo field can contain up to 4-5 lines of wrapped text. I have set all teh rows to "can grow". However, on my report, the conditional formatting doesn't grow. For instance, the fill (which I have set to a gray color) in the memo field is about 3 lines deep when there is a lot of text in the memo field, but the text and number fields associated with that record are actually only 1 line. This essentially looks like a mess, small gray filled boxes for the text fields and a large gray ...

Custom reports #3
Hi, I want to pull a report on how many customers I am getting every hour of the day. Does anyone out there know how to do that? I can try writing a query if someone can tell me which table I can find this information in (timestamp, transaction etc). Any help is appreciated. Regards JD This info is given at the end of the Z report. If you want to use it in a query open the Z report recipt file using the Notepad and see the fields that are used... Report.Hour.HourSales etc... Hope this helps... Carlos "JD" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to pull a report on how many cust...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Removing text from cells leaving numbers (help with function)
I need a function that will remove all text from a cell and just leav numbers. Formatting cells to number does not work. For example if I have: (Sired] Tennessee 37013 (herein I just want 37013 left. Anybody know a function to resolve this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following will strip the text from the active cell and place the number in the adjcent cell one column to the left. If there are subsequent numbers in the original string you will get erroneous results. Put the cursor on the cell to be processed and run the macro. ********************************...