getting an error message in powerpoint

When I try and run a game using Power Point I get a message  some controls on
this presentation can't be activated.They might not be registered on this
computer.
any advice please, running Office 2003, with all updates. Many Thanks in
advance.
Limbo

Limbo,

I'm guessing this is because the game (to run properly) makes use of some
code (VBA/Macros) and your 'security level' in powerpoint is too high to
allow it to run.

see
How to set Macro Security in PowerPoint
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00985.htm

cheers
TAJ Simmons
PowerPoint Master

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
awesome - powerpoint templates,
powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

"Limbo" <Limbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try and run a game using Power Point I get a message  some controls
> on
> this presentation can't be activated.They might not be registered on this
> computer.
> any advice please, running Office 2003, with all updates. Many Thanks in
> advance.
> Limbo

0
TAJ
2/19/2010 5:10:22 PM
In article <3E1884D5-1595-409E-8492-0F923E6EA954@microsoft.com>, Limbo wrote:
> When I try and run a game using Power Point I get a message  some controls on
> this presentation can't be activated.They might not be registered on this
> computer.
> any advice please, running Office 2003, with all updates. Many Thanks in
> advance.

It may be what Taj suggested, or it may be that whoever created the presentation
used controls that they have a license to use but you don't.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

how do I get publisher 2000 to print avery labels
In Microsoft Publisher 2000, how can I print to Avery label format? File, Page setup, tick labels, the selections are old but there should be an equivalent to your size label. If you are unsure, go to www.avery.com type your Avery number in the search on the left, the search will come back with compatible sizes. For example 5160 is also Avery 15160 15660 18160 18660 5160 5260 5520 5630 5660 5960 8160 8250 8460 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KJ Mike" <KJ Mike@discussions.microsoft.com>...

message text becomes attachment
When I received messages from a few particular people, if it contains an attachment the message itself will become a .txt attachment too. And this happens every time from these particular people. If no attachment, the message will not become an attachment. This just started happening a few weeks ago. Yet the vast majority of all email still behaves as it always did. Why would this happen? Is there any way I can troubleshoot this problem to find out the cause of it? Thanks! Try rebooting your machine. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

SMRTINET.INI error
I get this error about every third time I do the internet updates in Money 2004. "Money encountered an error processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')." Yes the error log mispelled the word downloaded! Anybody have any idea? In microsoft.public.money, Stephen wrote: >I get this error about every third time I do the internet >updates in Money 2004. "Money encountered an error >processing the dowloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')." Yes the >error log mispelled the word downloaded! > >Anybody have any idea? Close Money In Inter...

Lost message served up by exchange
Hi all, Here is an interesting one for you. We are running an Exchange 2003 (SBS) server with a user connecting to it with Outlook 2003. The user said that a mail alert was shown for an email that had been delivered. However when going to the inbox the message could not be found. We have done a search through all his folders to see if we could find the message but to no avail. Upon checking the exchange 2003 server's message tracking centre, it had recorded that a message had been sent to the user and had been delivered to their local store. Thus the email has been lost. Could anyon...

fatal error LNK1104
I get the following error while trying to link the sqlite.lib Linking... LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "sqlib3.lib" Error executing link.exe. Before that, I did the following things: Project->Settings->link tab : Object/library modules: sqlib3.lib Tools->Options->Directories tab and added the folder on where sqlib3.lib resides I've also copy the sqlib3.dll to Window/System32 Why do I get that error? Thanks for ypur time. Ok, i've solved the problem Martin wrote: > I get the following error while trying to link the sqlite.lib > > Li...

Testing for an error in a range of cells...
I searched through the previous posts on this topic, but have almost no experience using VBA in excel, so I was wondering if there was a simpler way to achieve this: I want to write a formula in B2 that will basically say, "If the range of cells B3 to B24 contains an error, return x if true, and return y if false." I know how to do this for a specific cell rather than a range, for example (=IF(ISERROR(B2),"x","y"). Any help in achieving this without delving into VBA would be much appreciated (I just don't have the time to start learning this stuff as I am w...

Outlook has encountered a fatal error and must close
When composing messages I get the above message. the program closes and I am never sure whether my message has been lost. This message and abrupt shut down only started happening in the last month. Sending the error report has yielded nothing despite sending the error report every second time. Re: Terms of use below: I would just like it fixed!!!! Did you recently install a newer version of Ad-Aware? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft....

Exchange Calendar update tool = unable to find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005
When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the following message "Unable find mailbox timezone:Error 0x80004005". I have given my user account full permissions to each exchange store. What else could be causing this problem? alos how do i grant exchange view only admin, exchange full admin, and send as rights to my user account manullay. This script is not working for me? thanks "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in message news:%23AssN4YYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When i run the exchange calendar update tool i rececive the follow...

Categorizer?
Hi all, i am receiving this situation with Exchage2003 (SBS) Email is downloaded with pop3 connector and then located in internal mailboxes Some mailboxes are not receiving email, other without problems. I do message tracking on these lost messages and i see that right after the message been passed to the categorizer the flow ends up there. I check event viewer and i have error code 1070 talking about not an addresses matching the internal client. i have checked this and the external address is defined in the default recipient policy and has been applied to these internal clients. any cl...

Error message when trying to use my access add-in with VS2008
I created a Access 2007 add-in with VS2008 C# and I'm trying to debug my access form that sends text to a textbox to be displayed after I click on a button. I can step into 'FillTextButton_Click()' in my C# app that gets called when I click on the access form button. So I have my button and textbox connected to Access2007 with the Access onLoad() event. Everything seems to be connected ok. But as soon as I finish running through the 'FillTextButton_Click()' I get a error message saying "The expression On Click u=you entered as the event property se...

CRM 3.0 Installation help...2 errors
Going through the system requirements part of the setup I get a Warning on the IIS part. It cant access the URL-- Error accessing URL http://IRONWOOD-CRM: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The second error I get is : Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://ironwood-crm/ReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. Chris Holub MCP CCNA 1. Check your IIS and default CRM virtual directory is there issue accecing, can you send me detail or s...

Error in saving quote
Hi, when I want to save quote, there is error message like this : <details>Server was unable to process request.</details> Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: <details>Server was unable to process request.</details> Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding t...

Error: "The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid"
I am getting the error as described in the title when I attempt to connect to and my exchange server. 1) Setup One Exchange 2003 organisation (with a back end server in parent domain and one in child domain). Exchange 2003 Forest. A few Exchange 2003 front end servers in DMZ Office 2000 and Office 2003 on Windows 2000 Windows XP clients. ssl OWA and MAPI access (planning to investigate httpsRPC). 2) Problem When I connect with MAPI Outlook clients to child domain Exchange 2003. It comes up with the error: ...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

error with exchange 2003
since last week, the application log is full of following message: the service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\src\lra\abv_dg\serveragent.cpp(4511) this is domain controller (win 2003 server) and exchange server (exchange 2003. the network is running with 8 local computers. i could not find any help related to this error message and i need some help with this issue. thanks Any help from http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=service%20threw%20an%20unexpected%20exception%20which%20was%20caught&safe=images&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_ugroup=microsoft.publi...

Rounding errors in manually entered investment account transaction
I am tracking the performance of the investment subaccount of my life insurance policy in MS Money 2006 Premium. My insurer does not support online updates of investment subaccount performance, so I must enter statement data manually. Shares of investments are only reported with 3 decimal places of accuracy on my statements. As a result, in some cases rounding errors in the number of shares purchased and sold accumulate over months so that after a while the total number of shares that I own as reported by Money differs from the number of shares reported by my insurer. How do I adju...

Message build-up in queue
Using Exchange 2003 Sp2, No smarthost, No errors indicating a problem with logging enabled. Messages build up in the "Messages Pending Submission" queue. Didn't notice a problem until a few days ago and we started receiving many NDR's sent back to a bad email address at our site. Captured packets going out to see if anything inside the net was spamming and found nothing. Apparently some spammer is spamming most of Europe with our address as reply address and we get the NDR's. Made a recipient policy to stop accepting the NDR's to the bad address. That helped ...

Error reassigning leads following upgrade to version 4
Hi, We are experiencing an issue when trying to reassign a lead to another user. Whenever we do we get the following error : CrmException: More than one user queue was found for the given object.] at Microsoft.Crm.CrmException.Assert(Boolean condition, String message) at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.QueueServiceInternal`1.GetUserQueueWithObject(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, Guid userId, ExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.QueueItemService.RouteToUser(BusinessEntityMoniker objectMoniker, Guid userIdOfCurrentObjectOwner, Guid primaryUserIdOfQueueToRouteTo, Execut...

Error Message 08-17-10
Good Morning, I am trying to make Windows Mail my new mail account. This is the message that keeps popping up. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get connected? Thanks in Advance, Kasey Account: 'Home', Server: 'pop3.zoominternet.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization first', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 yes i am getting same one and just got off of chat with comcast for 1 hr. and still not resolved "Kasey Jennings" wrote: > Good Morning, > I am trying...

Error message with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2 Not enough storage is available
Hi everybody, I need some help. With CAPICOM 2.1.0.1, when I try to store certificates from a smart card I use Store := CoStore.Create; Cert:=CreateComObject(CLASS_Certificate) as ICertificate2; Store.Open(CAPICOM_SMART_CARD_USER_STORE, 'MY',CAPICOM_STORE_OPEN_READ_ONLY); without any problem. I have updated with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2, and the same code produces an error message:"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" when store.open. I need use this library. My os is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002. SP3. My Internet e...

error 0X80070057 #3
I cant setup this mail service program. error 0x80070057 -- Thank You It's a long shot but see if the resolution in this article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326842 "onelot" <onelot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F031D2BA-12A9-40A9-AFB8-814CF03B967F@microsoft.com... >I cant setup this mail service program. error 0x80070057 ...

How do i get graphics to fade in then fade out in powerpoint?
I would like the Cheshire Cat to fade in then fade out in several locations in the slide. I can get the fade in or the fade out, but not both. Have a fade in entrance followed by a fade exit set to after previous. If needed set the delay to xx seconds. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "WRC" wrote: > I would like the Cheshire Cat to fade in then fade out in several locations > in the slide. I can get the fade in or the fade out, but not both. ...

Deleting already deleted messages
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 (english). If I try to delete a message from an IMAP folder that has already been deleted by someone else, nothing happens. It doesn't even help to click Send & receive. If I restart Outlook, the message disappear correctly. 1) I send myself a message. 2) I click Send & receive in Outlook and read the message. 3) Without closing Outlook, I log on the same IMAP account using a webmail system. 4) I delete (and expunge) the message from the mailbox using the webmail system. 5) I go back to Outlook, mark the message and click Delete on the keyboard. Nothin...

Getting data from Access to Excel?
How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like weekly reports) Troy, Data|Get External Data|New Database Query Select MS Access Database The Wizard should take you through the remaining steps of selecting the data you want to import and the criteria (if any) that you wish to use. PC "Troy" <corptkm@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nLDXa.3726$Jk5.3138269@feed2.centurytel.net... > How would you go about pulling data from Access database into Excel? (Like > weekly reports) > > You can also push-it-out of Access to Excel by (While...

Intelligent Message Filter #11
Ok, I should have read past the this is how you install it, BUT, I've installed SP2, and didn't deinstall Ver1.0 of the Intelligent Message Filter first. Result, although the upgrade went well, no error messages (WHY NOT!) The Intelligent Message Filter has stopped working. My question is how can I remove ver.1.0 of the Intelligent Message Filter and upgrade to ver.2.0. Thanks for any help Dai Check in the Add/Remove Programs list. Intelligent Message Filter "should" be listed in there. As long as it is, see if it will let you remove it. You may have to re-apply ...