Format Picture Dialog Box Placement

PowerPoint 2003 on XP.
Since a recent rebuild, evey time I press Format Picture/Object the dialog
box appears over to the left of my screen and will not remember where I move
it to like it used to.
Is it possible to reset this so it does remember where I need the dialog box
to appear? Is this a registry edit?

Many thanks
DeanH

Y axis box size incorrect in Excel 2003
I am having a problem; the y-axis box size does not display the entire text. I cannot change the size of this box. This only happens for the y-axis, not for other axis labels or the chart title. I have tried adding spaces followed by a period to fool the box and this works in Excel, but when I copy the chart to a Word document, the full text, including the final period appears. Hi, Details and suggestions can be found on Jon's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/AxisLabelCutOff.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "lcare...

Currency format
Hi, I am trying to format cells such that when I input dollar amount it will automatically insert a period. For example to input $15.45 I type 15 then period then 45. I would like to know what to do so when I type 1545 it shows up as $15.45 automatically. Thanks for your help - Christina Hi Christina, Tools>Options>Edit tab, check Fixed decimal and enter 2 into Places -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Christina" <farmia@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eOdcGh1bFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, I am trying to format cells such tha...

Automatically finishes entering email into TO box
How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the person to whom I am sending mail? thanks! What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gem asked: | How do I tell MS Outlook to automatically finish entering | into the TO box (sending email)when I begin typing the | person to whom I am sending mail? | t...

Run a query based on user input to a text box
I am creating a database to manage Auction Bids for a live radio station phone auction weekend. I have a form where the user is entering names as the bidders call in. I want to be able to have entry into a text box cause a query to run and populate a list box so that if a caller has been entered before, the user can click on an existing name. So for example, if the first keystroke is A , then the list box will be populated with all names beginning with A. If the next keystroke is l to give Al then the list box will be repopulated with only names beginning with Al (e.g. Alice, Aliso...

Two message boxes
I have two message boxes that fire off when I am going to print a report to determine what will show up on the report as far as fields. The first message box is to hide the customer price on a quote, if you answer yes it sets a checkbox on the initial form to true. The next message box is to show or hide the changes made to the quote on the report. If I say vbyes to both of the message boxes the customer pricing will not be hidden as the checkbox is getting set back to false. I am not sure why it is toggling, but it works if I answer yes to the first and no to hte second. It may ...

Problem with modeless/non-modal file dialog on Vista
In the application I'm working on we are using a modeless file dialog. This is realized by hosting the CFileDialog instance in a separate thread: class CMyFileDialog : public CFileDialog { }; BOOL CMyFileDialogThread::InitInstance() { // the code essence: m_pwndDlg = new CMyFileDialog; m_pMainWnd = m_pwndDlg; m_pwndDlg->DoModal(); return FALSE; } The parent window of the file dialog 'm_pwndDlg' is the app's frame window. This ensures that the file dialog does not create an entry in the Windows taskbar and the file dialog is always on top of the app window. T...

ime Format in Calculation
I am using DateAdd("n",-30,[StartTime]) & " for " & [starttime] to insert 8.30am for 9.00am in a report - calculated from the StartTime in a Table. the result is 8.30.00AM for 9.00.00AM. I need help to get rid of the Seconds. Thanks in advance. Try: Format(DateAdd("n",-30,[StartTime]), "h:nn AM/PM) & " for " & Format([starttime] , "h:nn AM/PM) -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.micro...

Formatting Axis
How do I format an axis on a chart so when choosing Auto it doesn't default to minimum 0 but actually a number closer to the minimum number in my selected range for the chart? Thanks in advance Hi, Auto means Excel decides, and for certain types of charts that will always be 0. So the answer is you can have it both ways Auto and not Auto at the same time. You can either manually enter the minimum or you can write VBA code to do it for you. If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "jag" wrote: > How do I format an axis on a chart so when ch...

Conditional Formatting in Code
How do I write code to conditionally format a serious of control boxes in a form when a check box is checked. When I check box in form I want all the control boxes for that record to turn yellow? I know to do this in on an "Event" just not sure how to go about it. Thank you in advance for all your help. What version of Access and is your form in Datasheet/Continuous/Single View? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Thank you for responding. I hope you can help me...

can a .csv file be formatted?
I have had to place all my information from a word document to a csv file. However, I notice that the formatting is not saved and the content appears in lines without any line or para breaks. The formatting is very important in the project. Each time I try to reformat, it goes back to the "non-formatted" look. Does anyone know how i can save the formatting options in a csv file? Nitha ..cvs files don't contain formatting -- Gary's Student "Nitha" wrote: > I have had to place all my information from a word document to a csv file. > However, I notice ...

How do I convert Visio to DOC or PDF format?
Company is trying to send me a Visio document but I can't open it. Is there a way to convert it to a WORD or PDF document or do I need to download VISO and if so should I get 2007 or a different version? you can download the visio viewer for free from ms. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d88e4542-b174-4198-ae31-6884e9edd524&DisplayLang=en al "SharenP" <SharenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE481147-A3EC-4A7B-8052-46D89214D589@microsoft.com... > Company is trying to send me a Visio document but I can't open it. I...

Excel format doesn't show in worksheet
I've used previous versions of excel for years- and have always found the color fill and font colors I selected for cells would show up right in the active spreadsheet. In my version of Small Business 2003 it is only showing up in the preview mode. We have another computer with Small Business 2003, and it is working fine, it still shows up in the worksheet... Any idea what settings are amiss on mine? ...

Can't find AutoRecover file in path specified in Options dialog.
I had a file open in Excel 2002 in which I made some changes, and then mistakenly closed without saving. But after making those changes, and before closing, it had remained open for over an hour. I'd like to recover those changes, and the path specified in the "AutoRecover save location:" text box in the Options - Save dialog tab is: C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\ However, I couldn't find a *.xls file in that directory. (The only thing in that folder is a file named Excel10.xlb and another folder named XLSTART). I don'...

Name Drop-Down Box
I've got a 50 sheet excel document and i want to create names to get m to A1 on every page, so I don't have to scroll left and right all th time. So, here's my problem. I would like to increase the number of names shown when i click th drop down box. Right now it shows 7, in Office 2003. I would love t increase that to show 50, or else I�m not really getting th functionality I�m looking for. I think this will take some kind of registry tweak. Does anyone know how/where I can? Thanks in advance, Chri -- cbh3571 ----------------------------------------------------------------...

program crashes -- picture, objects, jpeg
I am trying to put a background around a jpeg file. The jpeg file is a logo, and unfortunately, it was created with a white background and I can't change it. The logo is a circle. The logo is to go atop a picture of a wave. I have been cutting and pasting little pieces of the wave picture around the logo (jpeg file). It goes well, and then all of a sudden, the program comes to a standstill. At first I thought it had something to do with the jpeg file, but now I don't. I have been pasting the little pieces of the wave to each other around the logo and NOT grouping them with the ...

Date formatting Help
Macro - Help How can you select a cell with a Sunday's Date to give you th following Sunday's Date when execute -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27551 To get next Sunday's date, just add 7 to this Sunday. So something like: cell.value + 7 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Db1712" <Db1712.1f88gn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

help on combo box...
i have a combo box cbPayee... on top of the list is "add new payee..." below which are the other names ...how can i enable it that when the 1st row is selected, a pop-up form wud appear for data entry... thanks... -- ai® Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use the After Update event of the combo. If Me.cbPayee = "add new payee..." Then 'Do it here Else However, a more common technique is to use the combo's NotInList event for this purpose. Set the combo's Limit To List property to Yes. Delete the "add new payee...&q...

Resizing "comments" boxes in a workbook all at once
I do not know how I did it but all my comments (about 200 of them) defaulted to a size that makes them almost invisible with only the tails showing. The only way I can resize them is by going into each one and change the shape. I gave up after about 50 and I am now desperate for the information contained in all comments boxes. Is there a way of making all the boxes the same size in one go? How did I manage to screw up and how do I avoid doing it again. Thanks Rita You could resize them programmatically. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Re...

formatting cells to show time format
Hi I wonder if you can help me with the following. I use Office 97 Professional, and Excel 97 to do the following. I have created a spreadsheet that will be used to calculate times & results for Car Rallies. I have sorted out the formatting of the cells so they show hours, minutes, seconds, and down to thousands of a second, using this time format hh:mm:ss.000. I have done the formulas to work out the elapsed times and then total times, by taking the finish time from the start time etc, then adding elapsed times together to get total times. The thing I am trying to sort out is wh...

copy formatting?
Is there a way to copy and paste from a formatted set of cells, to an unformatted set and have the formatting copy/paste as well, so that column/row sizes adjust to be the same? Thanks Steven Shelton "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not!" --Thomas Jefferson Hi Steven With pastespecial you can also copy column width but not row height See the edit menu for PasteSpecial If you only want to copy a range to another place to view/print then you can try this Row and column width is working then http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#n...

How do I save Visio help text boxes as html
I have a Visio process flow containing help text boxes (mouse overs) and hyperlinks that I want to save as a web document (html). When saved, the help text boxes are no longer available. How do I save as html so that they are available? ...

Comment box defaults
Can I change the comment box default font and stop it inserting my name in each box? Peter delete user name from the tools > options > general > delete user name from the tools > options > general and replace with a space To change the default font size (Note: this will change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs) -- Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type he...

Changing field sze of labels and text boxes independently
I am using Access 2007. I created a report with the wizard. Now I can't change the size of labels or text boxes without all the fields/labels changing in concert. What do I do to permit changing these things individually? Must be simple, but the help function in Acess 2007 I find not very helpful. On the arrange tab, look for the button for Remove. Highlight the controls and click remove. This will ungroup the controls. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DDB6...

How to format different odd and even margins
I need to have large margins on the outer margin so different for odd and even pages? any tips? In earlier versions of Word, there was a check box in Page Setup for "Mirror margins." In recent versions, that setting is under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MaryE" <MaryE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5875EE50-EFB9-4C55-94A3-B7AB75B7C2CE@microsoft.com... >I need to have large margins on the out...

how to set value of text bounded on combo box?
Hi, I have a combo box with row sours of a table, and there is a text box. What I want to do is once the user selects a value from the combo box, the text box should be filled by a specific data. For example, the combo box has list of names, and once the user select the name; the text box shows the phone number of the selected name automatically. Note: both the name and phone number are in the same table. How can I do that? Make sure that the query for the combobox returns both the name and phone number. The Phone number does not have to be visible in the combobox. In the combobox A...