error opening ppt file

I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created
by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text
converter is installed for this file type.

karan
0
guddu

In article <a888f8cd-1391-4124-80c0-
631197290d7a@y28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, Guddu wrote:
> I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created
> by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text
> converter is installed for this file type.

Have a look here:

"PowerPoint can't open the type of file represented by [FILENAME]" or
"No text converter is installed for this file type"
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00135.htm

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Synch Error 0X8004010F OAB
Exchange 2003 w/Outlook 2003 - I have reviewed lot's of posts on the OAB Error but I don't see anyone being able to resolve it. I have been dealing with this issue for 3 months now. I have worked through each of the three Tech Notes I can find and no luck - zero. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Is this a bug in Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003? I would really love to find someone - anyone - who has been able to resolve their issue on this one. Also, has anyone been the Microsoft Product Support Services route on this yet? This is what my users see every day fo...

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

Opening Excel Files #10
Once upon a time, like everybody else, when I clicked on an Excel fil (say) on the Desktop, it would open for me. Now, I have to open th Excel program first, then click file-open. Any ideas -- wayne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- waynet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2796 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47464 Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, and *Uncheck* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD -------------------------------...

Missing File Day 3 No resolution ?
No. Is this file something that can be sent to me? -----Original Message----- From: "Diane Poremsky" <info@cdolive.com> Sent: 4/12/2004 8:15:04 PM Subject: Re: Missing file still.... did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Switching between multiple open windows
I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open windows on my desktop. It was an option to choose between hovering over a window or clicking on it. Thinking that only having to hover over a window to switch to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as it just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me. Now I would like to change back to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or find where the option is located. Any help will be appreciated. -- rushl On 2/03/10, rushl posted: > I ran across an opti...

Access denied opening XML attachment
A user on my network cannot open an xml attachment in Outlook 2003. It works fine in previous versions. It says "access denied. Error processing resource." If the file is saved to a drive, then it opens without a problem. Is there some security configuration that would cause this behavior? I have tested on multiple machines and multiple users to rule out profile or other causes. I have also checked security on the tmp folder the file is trying to open from. Any insight would be helpful. -Paul ...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007
New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Help! -- Karen In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote: >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows >keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then >reinstalling. Help! What OS? Is there an error message? Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore point from before the pr...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

Error Message 550 5.7.1
i recive the following message - i use outlook 2002:- our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test Sent: 12/15/2003 4:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Osama Haiba (osama.h@york-egypt.com.eg) on 12/15/2003 4:21 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for osama.h@york- egypt.com.eg Set your incoming server to authenticate using your outgoing server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual ...

Run-time error 2465 after database import
I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database (Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here are the steps I've gone through: 1. Started with a blank database. 2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've set the properties in: - File / Database Properties - Tools / Startup - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References 3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and ...

Importing ofx file
I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working and I have to manually import the file into money. Not a big deal, but an annoyance just the same. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this? tia dennisd In message <QK3kl.3776$rt3.617@newsfe15.iad>, dennis <djd@home.net> writes >I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account >information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working >and I have to manually import the fi...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

cannot open Outlook
When I try to open Outlook 97 I get the following error: Mapisp32 This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=bff7b997 EFLGS=00000246 EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0063f8d0 EBP=0063fab8 ECX=c14eb7f0 DS=0167 ESI=0063fd58 FS=5217 EDX=bffc9490 ES=0167 EDI=0063fd58 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 76 04 e8 26 89 ff ff 5e c2 04 00 56 8b 74 24 Stack dump: 0063fb10 7c6b2593 0063fd58 85762034 0063fb10 7c6b2484 0063fb10 85762034 85762278 85762278 7c6a7881 0063fb10 0063fb10 0063fb24 00000000 00000000 ...

Outlook not opening #2
I recently installed Outlook. When I try to open it, I get the error message "Outlook requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater". I do have OE 5.0 installed. Why am I getting this error? ...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

Unable to open the outlook window.
I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes automatically. I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system administrator if this problem persist." I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help? Did you create a profile with settings (email account, POP3 and SMPT server names, etc.) for Outlook to use? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Ti...

Outlook Opens looking for Exchange Server
A computer club member wishes to used Outlook so that she can sync with her Palm. Environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7, Windows Genuine Advantage installed. Symptom One: When Outlook is opened, the program is looking for Exchange Server. She is using a laptop with no exchange server available. Symptom Two: When performing Office Update, three items did not install all with error code 0x8024402C: 1. Update for Outlook Junk Mail (KB943591) 2. Office 2003 update SP3 3. Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) I suspicion that Office 2003 is a 60 day trial that has never been activated. Are ...

Slow Open/Save over Network Connection
My client has an Apple XServe located in a "co-location" server farm which is providing very fast and reliable network speeds (10 mbps DL, 11 mbps UL). His office location is using AT&T DSL with DL speeds around 3.5 mbps. The directory that sits on the XServe is shared over the internet so my client can access it from multiple locations. Most of the documents are MS Word files. They are using Intel based iMacs with the latest versions of MS Office 2008. The problem my client is facing is the horrible speeds of opening, saving, and closing Office 2008 files. It could take up...

Default Folder for PST files?
I have a slightly different question relating to the above: I already have my current & archive pst files stored in my own personal folders. When I want to open my archive folder I right-click Outlook Today & select 'Open Outlook Data File'. Everytime, Outlook defaults to its own path (Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\) This is really annoying & I would like it to default to opening a customised path, such as C:\Mail\ Any suggestions? -- Cheers, James Goodman Hi James, if you want to displace your pst file, please ...

Reboots when opening Word documents in Outlook 2000
Whenever I try to open a Word document in Outlook 2000, my computer reboots. This just started happening. I have reloaded Office 2000, done virus scans and checked my pc with Spybot. Nothing has been identified. Any ideas? ...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...