Disable Update Links Message?

I've created a presentation to be a 'real-time' scoreboard for an upcoming
community event. Two of the presentations have 4 slides, the third has 5
slides. All are on a continuous loop. One laptop is running the Presentation,
and the other is for the scorekeeper to track results of the events. I've
installed an add-in that does the updating each time the presentation loops.
Everything works well, except that each time the links update, I get an
obnoxiously intrusive popup asking me if I want to update the links. I'd
*really* like to get rid of the messages. It would be a HUGE hassle to keep a
person there all day to hit the enter key everytime the slide show loops.
I've programmed the Excel sheets with

     ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways

to try to get rid of this. The workbooks are all shared to prevent messages
about being locked (and asking if I want to open them as Read-Only - which
doesn't seem to update the links). In Excel, I can include a line of VBA code
like:

     Application.DisplayAlerts = False

to cut out alert messages, but, it doesn't seem like these are the same kind
of alert messages as I've tried adding similar lines of code to the
presentation:

     ActivePresentation.UpdateLinks = True
     Application.DisplayAlerts = ppAlertsNone

but the messages keep popping up in front of the slide being displayed. This
also hangs the presentation until I respond to the propmpt. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, as there seems to be tremendously less info about
PowerPoint VBA than just about any other kind.
TIA
Bill
-1

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

1099-MISC updates
Until this year, you have always provided the prior year 1099-MISC form updates as a seperate Hot Fix or seperate Download. This year, the 2006 1099-MISC form updates were included with the 2006 Year End Updates for Payroll. We do not use the payroll for Great Plains so downloading this update did not make sense for us. Also, the Payroll update required Service Pack 5 be installed, and we were on Service Pack 3. We have a great deal of custom Great Plains applications & there was no way I was going to update without having the time to test our custom applications just to get the...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

Error Message 550 5.7.1
i recive the following message - i use outlook 2002:- our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test Sent: 12/15/2003 4:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Osama Haiba (osama.h@york-egypt.com.eg) on 12/15/2003 4:21 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for osama.h@york- egypt.com.eg Set your incoming server to authenticate using your outgoing server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual ...

How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page
If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1. How can I click on Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who work under him C -right click shape C -Format > Behavior > Double-Click -Select "Go to page: Page-2" Frank Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com... > If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page > with names in shapes of pe...

changes to message size limits
On Exchange 2003, one huge annoying feature is that even when I make configuration changes, it seems to take so long for them to actually go into effect. This time it's the message size limits. I tried changing them for an individual user in AD, even told the RUS to resync. An hour later that still hadn't taken effect, so we moved on and changed the global default in Exchange's Message Delivery properties. Another hour later and still no dice. We had a company-wide default of 15 MB (huge, I thought). I increased my account to 30 MB in AD, and then on the Message Delivery pro...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

back up messages
I need to re-install Windows XP and would like to know how to save my important e-mail messages to a cd? Thank You. Hi, Outlook stores all of your information in a Personal Folder File (.PST). For more information on how to backup your information , please refer to Knowledge Base article 287456.KB.EN-US OL2002: How to Work with Personal Folders Files You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;287456 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Bus...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

Unable to update
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the clear(?) switch when opening Outlook Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur until I switched the Default pst (I use 2) used when opening Outlook. Any ideas ...

Sending/receiving message size limits
Hi, W2K3 domain with Exchange 2003. I was wondering what would happen if I configure a larger maximium message size on a specific smtp connector then is configured in the Global settings. For example in the global settings 10000KB sending receiving. On the SMTP connector 20000KB. Any idea's? Thanks Best, Glenn ...

M2006 patch disables Pocket Money?
I used TaxCut again this season to complete the taxes... in order to import tax-related data from M2006 Deluxe I was forced to "patch" Money. While this process occurred without incident and I completed my taxes, I now find I am unable to sync Money data with my iPAQ. ActiveSync reports that it is unable to sync this data, and the "Information Type" row within the ActiveSync screen still lists "Microsoft Money Data", but the icon is missing-- it is as if the component is not recognized. Has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks, --Howie Howie wrote: >...

Even though a floating toolbar is created well, all its toolbuttons remain disabled
Hi I am working on a MFC MDI application. Environment is VS2005. I have derived a class from CToolBar and able to create and load it successfully. The toolbar is NOT created in CMainFrame::OnCreate(). Instead it is created on a tab-switch event. The tab-switch event handling is computationally higher and it takes around 2~3 seconds to complete. The toolbar is visible and enabled properly for sometime. However, at the end of the processing all the tool buttons are disabled. (The toolbar it self is ok and I can drag it). I checked to code and there is nothing in the code which explicitly dis...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

Links and Filesizes
Hi all, i have two queries about XL. I am currently developing a system which is used to measure performance. This is a hefty sized file consisting of two workbooks 1. Rough Work Workbook has all the formulas needed for the system and the working out the information i need in the 2nd workbook (which we will call Results) is linked to Results just simply by clicking the "=" sign and clicking on the cell in the Rough Work workbook. The Rough Work workbook is not intended to be used/seen by anyone but me. The Results workbook is meant to be sent to top managers to evaluate their pe...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
Please excuse the rookie question, I have been avoiding Exchange too long and now it has bitten me in the... elbow... I am attempting to set up Exchange to send mail... Whenever I send to a member of my domain (hosted externally) I get this error message... (I am using SBS, I have posted a similar message over there.) The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. It appears that email sent to other domains is delivered without incident. I need to get the squar...

Leave Certain Mail Messages on POP Server
Is it possible via an Outlook Visual Basic plugin to alter Outlook to leave certain messages on a POP server, but download all the rest? (E.G. Based on subject or header information) If so, does anyone know of any resources that would get me started in implementing this? Thanks. ...

Reply to message error
Using Outlook 2003 and having a problem replying to recieved messages. I get a 550 error and the message is returned undeliverable. The addresses are valid, and I can create a new message and send with no problem. Thanks... I'm not sure why replies would be a problem but new mail wouldn't, but look at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for information on the 550 error. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

eConnect linking SOP transaction to existing PO
The current eConnect taSopToPopLink allows linking a SOP transaction to a new PO created by eConnect. It would be nice to have the option to also use this node to link the SOP order to a purchase order that already exists in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

How to show a message box ?
Hi, I would like a message box to display if the following conditions are met. Assuming column A contains codes that do not change . For example the code in column A6 is ADO and the value in G6 is less than the value in H6 which is less than the value in K6. A message box comes up with “Code ADO has reached criteria”. Being a complete newbie at VBA I would really appreciate some help. Thankyou. Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet tab and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to the right blank portio...

document title will not update
My question is in regard to the title of the document in the title bar. Normally, the current file name is found in the title bar; however, in the database I am using, the title bar shows the name of the document from the original version. I saved this database with a different filename (to reflect current year). So, the "Match Program 2005-2006" in the title should actually be "2007-2008". I have updated the title of the document in the document properties. The filename reflects the current year, but 2005-2006 is still showing in the title bar area. Any sugg...

Money 2002 New Online Setup Disabled?
I know I'm using an OLD version but really, it works just fine. Although I can continue to receive automatic downloads for accounts that were already set up I can no longer set up new accounts for Online services. Does anybody know if this feature was disabled by our friends at Microsoft or am I missing something? -- Thank you, Reiner In microsoft.public.money, Reiner Schmidt wrote: >I know I'm using an OLD version but really, it works just fine. Although I >can continue to receive automatic downloads for accounts that were already >set up I can no longer set up ne...

Look at this correction update
--omixiuci Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ykfbtbvzmrgvylnpg"; type="multipart/alternative" --ykfbtbvzmrgvylnpg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jdhwyjzcnjsa" --jdhwyjzcnjsa Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities....