Disable Update Links Message?

I've created a presentation to be a 'real-time' scoreboard for an upcoming
community event. Two of the presentations have 4 slides, the third has 5
slides. All are on a continuous loop. One laptop is running the Presentation,
and the other is for the scorekeeper to track results of the events. I've
installed an add-in that does the updating each time the presentation loops.
Everything works well, except that each time the links update, I get an
obnoxiously intrusive popup asking me if I want to update the links. I'd
*really* like to get rid of the messages. It would be a HUGE hassle to keep a
person there all day to hit the enter key everytime the slide show loops.
I've programmed the Excel sheets with

     ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways

to try to get rid of this. The workbooks are all shared to prevent messages
about being locked (and asking if I want to open them as Read-Only - which
doesn't seem to update the links). In Excel, I can include a line of VBA code
like:

     Application.DisplayAlerts = False

to cut out alert messages, but, it doesn't seem like these are the same kind
of alert messages as I've tried adding similar lines of code to the
presentation:

     ActivePresentation.UpdateLinks = True
     Application.DisplayAlerts = ppAlertsNone

but the messages keep popping up in front of the slide being displayed. This
also hangs the presentation until I respond to the propmpt. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, as there seems to be tremendously less info about
PowerPoint VBA than just about any other kind.
TIA
Bill
-1

Hide "You are about to" message box
How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the yes button in the message? From the Access menu Tools, Options, and select the Edit/Find tab. In the Confirm section, uncheck the warning messages you don't want to see. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Supe" wrote: > How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you > run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the > yes button i...

Why Can't I Access Internet Links
I use Windows XP and IE 7 and suddenly one day I was unable to access internet links that were sent to me thru regular emails to my Microsoft Outlook. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you try? Any error messages? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com "amirstal" <amirstal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7decb35-157c-4438-82bd-24a2536d347f@m36g2...

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Money Plus Annual Update?
There was an article over the weekend in the Cleveland, OH newspaper that reviewed the financial software offerings and said that there would be no further annual updated from Microsoft Money, thus Money + is that last version. Is this correct? Has Microsoft abandoned us? We noticed that our version of Money+ was purchased in August, 2007 but apparently nothing since. There will not be a "formal" annual version but around the time of update timeouts I expect to see what I will call from want of a better description, Service Packs. So if there is any added functionality then...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

How do I link multiple excel documents?
I need to link three Excel Documents into a master document that will reflect the data inputted into the others. as of right now they are all one document but that allows only one person at a time to enter the data, we need to have multiple people entering the data. Let's try for the easy solution first... Are people entering data on different worksheets, which are then captured on a 'master' sheet via equations? If so, open the file (make a backup copy first!), click on one of the input sheet tabs and select Move or Copy, then move the sheet into a New Workbook. Save th...

Linked Servers / OLE DB Jet4.0 request fails!
Hello I tried to execute an sql statement throught SQL OLEDB command It fails since I moved my configuration on 64 bits Windows 2008 Server System and migrate Sql Server 2005 to 2008. I want to execute an SQL Statement into an Excel file with Sql Linked Servers OleDbConnection sq = new OleDbConnection(); sq.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=xxx;user id=xxx;password=xxx;"; [...] sql = "insert into openquery(... FROM [Export$]) ... OleDbCommand c = new OleDbCommand(sql, sq); c.ExecuteNonQuery(); Returns : can't execute the query, prov...

Parent/Child window message processing
I have a problem with VC++ window message routing(not command message routing) I have a ControlBar(pParent) window and inside this window, I create a child window(pChild devied from cview). This pChild window is constrained to pParent's client rect. The problem is that all the mouse messages are sent to the parent window instead of the child window. I've traced it to AfxWndProc(), if I click on the child window, a mouse message targeting the parent window is generated(the target window handle is the parent window). Maybe this is related to windows not mfc. The child could re...

how to get Outlook Express to continue after failing to read a newsgroup message
I use outlook express as a newsreader. Sometimes I want to get the entire server holdings of a particular newsgroup. Trouble is, OE seems to snag when it was able to read a message header but for some reason it can't retrieve the body. It snags with Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Simple security??', Account: 'news.nevrona.com', Server: 'news.nevrona.com', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C006F and the only op...

outlook web access
Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" in the top left corner. The same thing happens when I open a new message. Any ideas? Amy "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA46A8B-3116-4850-BE0F-AB2B9590F20A@microsoft.com... > Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I > attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" > in > the top left corner. The same t...

Update Rollup 2 and Terminal Server
I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? I can't find any direction on this so any hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Having the same issue myself. Can anyone point us to some suggestions? -Eric "NW" wrote: > I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for > installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. > > How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? > > I can't find any dir...

Error Messages #4
I just bought a computer that has Windows XP and I installed my Office XP programs. At least 20 to 30 times a day when I am using Outlook 2002, I get an error message that asks me to send the info to Microsoft and then I lose the e-mail address or address that I had typed in the new message I was about to send Does any one know what is happening? How about telling us what the message is that you got? Error messages are there for a reason, not just for annoyance and we arent the Amazing Kreskin. :-) First, you should read the error message and attend to that. Taen that should solve your pro...

Why show Enable/Disable macro prompt after I deleted all macros?
Hi, I used to have some macros in my excel which I deleted. Now I still get the Enable/disable macro prompt and the Personal workbook (where the macros were) keep opening- it's irritating, how do i stop both?. I want to keep my security settings as it is. Thanks You probably still have a module or modules in the VB Editor. Go to the VB editor and right click on any modules and select delete, when asked if you want to export data, select no. HTH Regards, Howard "m123" <m123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14116171-55E6-4A25-BF8F-FF...

Error message in Outlook #9
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message: "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open th...

Update Formula
Hi All, I have lots of formulas in a worksheet. They calculate sums from other figures. I need to add ROUND function at the beginning of each of these formulas. e.g. I want to say =Round(existing formula,0). To update this manully would take a very long time. Is there a possibility of automation? Thanks for your help. Regards, See this article http://google.com/groups?threadm=vpthriq8296g3e%40news.supernews.com from the group archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* In article <2cacc01c469a8$1c905620$a401280a@phx.gbl>, <anonymous@d...

Getting rid of old updates
When microsoft installs a new update, why do they not take out the old ones and how do I know which updates I can delete from my computer? I have tons of them! -- freakydi Have a look at this article. It may be relevant to your prºblem. Save Space After Installing Updates <http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm> Another link that may be of interest - <http://www.pctipsbox.com/clearing-out-space-on-your-parents-system-hard-drive> hope that helps! -=- "freakydi" wrote: > When microsoft installs a new update, why do th...

linked cell contents not autofitting row height
Why doesn't Excel 2002 autofit row height for text input from a linked cell? When the linked cell contents exceed the currently viewable contents of the recipient cell the row height is not adjusted. Is there a way to make the autofit work in these circumstances? Formulas don't change format and rowheight is a format. You could use a worksheet event that resets the rowheights whenever that worksheet recalculates. If you want to try this, rightclick on the worksheet tab, select view code and paste this into the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() ...

error message #14
I am trying to open my Money program, version 5.0 and am getting an error message that reads "One or more entries could not be written to registry" What can I do to fix this problem and what might be causing it! I am able to get into the program after clicking the cancel button and continuing with "My Money Account" Thanks! Allen ...

chart not updating
I have a pivot table with a drop down that lists division. Data presented is dependent upon which division I select. Next I have cells referenced to the same cells in my pivot table. My reason is that a pivot chart is not as flexible as a chart based on a normal table. Anyway, my chart is made with those cells as the source. The cells update based upon what division I selected in my pivot table drop down. (Same data in both places: independent table and pivot table). However, my chart is not updating as it should. It retains the first division's information. It worked ini...

Unread Messages Folder in Favorites Folders
I used to have an unread mail folder in my favorite folders. Somewhere along the way it disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. It is nowhere within my 'All Mail Folders' folder tree. This actually happended on a couple of my machines. I know I can setup a 'View' that shows me only unread messages in the current folder. However the other folder showed me uread meassages throught my whole folder tree and all accounts. Thanx. Look in the All Mail Folders tree under Search Folders. If it's not there, right click the Search Folders folder and s...

Outlook 2003 Message-ID madness!
Reposting message previously from exchange.misc forum due to no replies! ----------------------------------------------------------- Hi all... I have recently acquired Exchange 2003 along with enough CAL's for all my users, which includes Outlook 2003. So, I have been upgrading users to O2K3, most are now using the new version, but I haven't got Exchange installed yet. A number of my users have recently started complaining that some of our contacts are not receiving their emails. Upon further investigation with the admins at the receiving end, it seems that their spam filters a...

Signatures in incoming messages
Hello all I wrote a VBA program that scans incoming messages and especially the Message Body for keywords. Since I receive digitally signed messages I can't access the message body any longer, the VBA program returns an error. Can someone tell me how to access the body or how to delete the signature? Thanks a lot. As far as I know you can't with VBA code. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "FME...

DST client update causing huge lag time in outlook2k3
I am the CRM Admin with 36 active clients who work remotely. We use CRM 3 SP1 Ver. 3.0.5300 w/ hot fix KB931270 and KB925874(DST) installed on both the client and Server. I run the offline version w/ sql 2005 express ver on my desktop. After the DST update was installed on my local desktop client My outlook would hang for from 30 seconds to 2 minutes trying to synch up with exchange. I recieve an error report from outlook saying that there are communication problems with exchange. The rest of the guys on the IT team check the Exc2k3 server and it is working flawlessly. I also have one ...

Linking Purchase Requisition with Sales Order
Dear Gurus! I have a small requirement from my client. He wants to create Purchase Requisition through Sales Order. i.e. copy all the content of sales order in a purchase requisition so that he doesnt put everything again. Can we do this in GP 10. If we cant do it, please give me an advice of how to develop an enhancement over it i.e. which table to use and where to get the procedures. Thanks and Best Regards Sajid ...