default indent in Powerpoint table cells

Hi,

In powerpoint 2007, I would like to set a default so when I make a new
table, it has an indent, so bullets (int the table cell) are hanging.
Basically, when you look at the ruler for each table cell, the top arrow and
bottom arrow are lined up, but I don't want that.

Hi, Sakols, I believe to make changes to the default fonts, margins and
bullets used for titles, other text boxes or tables that you want for each
new presentation, you need to open a new presentation using a template that
is closest to your needs.  Leave the presentation blank, then make changes in
the Master Slides.

You can edit the master slides by clicking on "View" then click on Slide
Master.  You can delete any masters you don't need, and then edit a master by
double clicking on it and include a table that meets your needs.   Once you
have your table inserted on the master with the settings that you want, click
on the Office Button in the top left corner, and then click on  "Save As".
Make sure you click on "Save As", because the template is not a choice if you
just drag over it.   When you clic on "Save as" a drop down menu will appear.

Type in a file name that you will recognize as your template, and then click
on the down arrow in the "Save as Type" and choose "Power Point Template
(*.potx)" for PPT 2007.  It is recommended that you just let the Power Point
save the file in the default folder that it chooses, because then it will
locate your Template when you open a new file.

I hope this helps.  Here is a link to a site that should help you
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ01010.htm#ppt2007
--
Mary B

"Sakols" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In powerpoint 2007, I would like to set a default so when I make a new
> table, it has an indent, so bullets (int the table cell) are hanging.
> Basically, when you look at the ruler for each table cell, the top arrow and
> bottom arrow are lined up, but I don't want that.

cell
Are there any way to add text and a function in the same cell? For example Hello =sum(XX:XX) Try something like ="Hello "&SUM(A1:A10) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "danne" <modig123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a7f01c36335$498056f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Are there any way to add text and a function in the same > cell? For example Hello =sum(XX:XX) Sure, for example: ="Hello = "&SUM(A1:B1) For more info, try MVP Debra Dalgleish's &...

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

Compare cells, update based on Ifs
I need to compare cells to the cell above them and to the right of them. Based on the comparisons I'll need to update the original cell with one of those adjoining cell values. After I finish with one column then I need to repeat the procedure on the column to the LEFT of the original column. I know IF, THEN and ELSE statesments but I don't know VB for Microsoft Office products. Range could be all 65,000+ rows on a workseet Start on ColumnJ, Row2 If ColumnJ, Row2 is Null _ If ColumnK, Row 2 is Not Null _ If ColumnJ, Row 1 is Not Null _ ColumnJ, Row2 Value is ...

If cell value is greater than another cell value, clear contents.
Okay, hopefully this is the last question today! I've found the below formula in one of the posts here, but my brain has completely failed on me and I'm not sure how to adapt it to my requirements. I have a value which is entered by the user after a prompt, that populates in cell G4 in a sheet called 'Lookup'. For arguments sake, the current value is 30/11/09. I have another worksheet, 'Data', which has a column populated with dates (say column B). I'd like a macro that looks in column B on the data sheet, and clears out any dates which are gr...

Default Calendar Events
I have an Exchange 2003 server and would like to set default calendar events for all users. Is there a way to add these events to the server so that they show up on all calendars, even new users set up through the year ...

changing default language
I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as my English. I have a difficult time reading some of the options such as file, edit, view, etc. I was hoping there was some way to change the language to English. I don't know if this would mean changing some setting or uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help me. Thanks. In article 37b5ebd9.0410201526.7b053dd@posting.google.com, Brian Blanchette at bblanchette@cox.net wrote on 10/20/04 16:26: > I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as > my English. I have a difficult time readi...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

Subtotal in a pivot table
I have a question on calculating something in a pivot table. What I am trying to get is a % of the subtotal break in my table. I have a calculated field but cannot figure out how to get it to calc. the % off the shop total not the Total for the table. See the example below. For Shop 246-Database I want the Sum of % of shop total to be based off the Database DeliveryAmt (10575) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 61%, not the pivot table total (185852) = 5.7%. Retail should be Retail DeliveryAmt (6742) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 39%, not the pivot table total (185852)...

Multiple Cell Formats
Is it possible for a column to have more than one format, but for those formats to be similar. Eg. I would like to have a multi-format date column. The format can either be Month-Year (Jan-99) or Year only (1999). (I would even like to have something like Jan/Feb-99, but I can live without that.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hi With true Excel dates in column A e.g. 01 Feb 07, in column B =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> mmm-yy will give Feb-07 or =TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy") =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> yyyy will give 2007 or =TEXT(A1,"yy...

Best way to add a row to a table with calculations?
Suppose I have a worksheet like this: 1 2 Date Days 3 5/25/08 35 4 4/20/08 45 5 3/06/08 46 6 1/20/08 41 ... The value in the Date column is calculated (=A3-A4). I would like to add a row between rows 2 and 3 and have it acquire all of the properties of row 3. The best procedure I could come up with is: 1. Right click on row 3, select Insert. This inserts a row between 2 and 3, but it acquires the properties of row 2. 2. Select row 4 (old row 3) and press Ctrl-C (copy). 3. Select row 3 (new row) and press Ctrl-V (paste). This seems to work. Is there a better wa...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

amortization tables
Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. One way to proceed is to start with an existing template. For example, you could open http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx and search the "Templates" section for "amort". shadestreet Here's one that may be useful to you http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/06/amortization_ta.html -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog ...

Pivot Table Query #5
Hello I use Pivot Tables a lot in my stats and although I can normally work with them quite well, theres a reoccuring issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have one particular workbook that has lots of different worksheets and one at the end, with a variety of pivot tables on it. At the end of each month, I update the data on the worksheets, then on each pivot table, I use the wizard option to attempt to go back and re-select the relevant updated data. Sometimes this is successful, but on other (random) occasions, it won't let me and gives me the message 'A PivotTable...

Powerpoint 2007 hyperlink menu item grayed out
I was successful in linking 2 shapes to custom shows in my document but can't repeat my success because my hyperlink menu item is grayed out. I think it has to do with a compatibility option box that showed up and I must have clicked the wrong choice, disabling this function? How to fix? Thank you On 1/20/10 1:38 PM, in article A6394C7E-C4BA-4DC1-9C85-E0CCA39F4445@microsoft.com, "plwbiz" <plwbiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was successful in linking 2 shapes to custom shows in my document but can't > repeat my success because my hyperlink...

Is there an add-in that will lock the cells like later versions of Excel?
I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I could do that. Marc Hi Marc, Can you be more specific about what you want and don't want. "Marc" <mcnr(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:QThPf.1161$sL2.501@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't > lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I > could do that. > > Marc > > ...

Number of cells that have same values
Imagine there are two columns of cells, each row of two cells are corresponding to each other. How to find out the number of rows where the two corresponding cells have the same value? Assume your Columns are A and B, and your rows go down to 20, Array enter this formula (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =SUM(IF(A1:A20=B1:B20,1,0)) Change the column and row references to fit your data. -- Regards, Dave "Lingyan Hu" wrote: > Imagine there are two columns of cells, each row of two cells are > corresponding to each other. How to find out the number of rows where the two > corres...

Subtotal a calculated field in a pivot table
I'm creating a pivot table listing Accounts Receivable transactions by customer. It includes both payments and invoices in the results. Unfortunately both payments and invoices are listed as positive numbers, so I can't just subtotal the "amount" column. I've created a formula field in the pivot called "calcamt" that contains an if statement. The if statement examines the transaction type code and if it indicates a payment, multiplies the amount column by -1. Otherwise it just returns the amount column as a positive number. When I drag the calcamt field int...

How do I lock all cells in Excel except 2 which I need unlocked?
Alex, By default all cells in excel are protected or locked, select the cells you want to unlock and go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, the go to tools, protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if you want, now only the cells that you unlocked can be edited. Be aware that this protection is very easy to break, the code to do so can be found very easy, but it will work for most people . If you only need a few locked I would select them all first, Ctrl A, then go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then select the cells you want to lock and go ...

How do I change the default directory for Publisher 2003?
My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just Publisher where I really USE clip art! How can I tell Publisher that my clip art - and ALL pictures - are on a different drive? On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:25:03 +0000, The Kat wrote (in article <93A63632-5792-4B19-A2F5-99EE5260C3FB@microsoft.com>): > My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the > clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just > Publisher where ...

Data Tables
Is there any way to choose only part of my data to appear in a data table? I have a line and bar chart on two axis and would like the bar data in a data table and the line data with data labels. Could you remove the data table from the chart, and make your own table in the cells near the chart? Compared with the relative inflexibility of a chart's data table, a worksheet table lets you put any data into it, format it however you want, etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ ...

How to count the occurences of a text string within a cell...
I'm trying to count the number of text-strings, in this case commas, within a cell. For instance: A1(text)=AB,BC,CD,DE,EF If I could count 4 commas, I'd know there were (4)+1 objects in the cell... Thanks in advance. I always research as much as possible before asking the forum. The forum has ALWAYS come through with the answer! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Something like: =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")) or more generic: =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1),"SOMETEXTHERE",""))/LEN("SOMETEXTHERE") &q...

Change e-mail default paragraph setting
Trying to change e-mail default setting: from double to single space between paragraphs. I'm using Word as my e-mail editor. Thanks. I'd suggest posting your question in the Word newsgroup. This one is for issues with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "wwinkler" <wwinkler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41AAA18C-917F-4150-9042-773F0ADBA2B2@microsoft.com... > Trying to change e-mail default setting: from double to single space > between > paragraphs. I'm using Word as my e-mail editor. Thanks. --- Outgoing ...

Double Click Formula Cells
When you double click on a cell and there is a formula in the cell then the precendents are selected. Is there a way to turn this off or automatically go back to the cell you were on without any change to the window and its positioning. What is the VBA for this? Thanks in advance JJ Tools>Options>Edit Check "edit directly in cell" and you won't go to precedents. Application.EditDirectlyInCell = True Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:34:07 +0100, "JJ" <f@o> wrote: >When you double click on a cell and there is a formula in the cell the...