Copying Colored Cells from Excel to Powerpoint

Office 2007:  I have several Excel Spreadsheets that have sporatic colored
cells.  It is not done by conditional formatting.  Is there a way to copy
these colored cells from Excel to PowerPoint without losing the color shading?

Thanks for any help!!!

Try setting up a color printer and specifiying it as your default printer.

You may need to choose the Paste Options button after you paste -- or use
Paste Special on the Home tab to paste as Excel object. If it gets converted
to a PPT table, I think you'll lose the conditional formatting.

"pablobandito" <pablobandito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Office 2007:  I have several Excel Spreadsheets that have sporatic colored
> cells.  It is not done by conditional formatting.  Is there a way to copy
> these colored cells from Excel to PowerPoint without losing the color
> shading?
>
> Thanks for any help!!!

0
Echo
12/5/2009 3:35:52 AM
No  - that didn't work.  And they are NOT conditionally formatted cells.
Does anyone else have any thoughts???

"Echo S" wrote:

> Try setting up a color printer and specifiying it as your default printer.
>
> You may need to choose the Paste Options button after you paste -- or use
> Paste Special on the Home tab to paste as Excel object. If it gets converted
> to a PPT table, I think you'll lose the conditional formatting.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "pablobandito" <pablobandito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Office 2007:  I have several Excel Spreadsheets that have sporatic colored
> > cells.  It is not done by conditional formatting.  Is there a way to copy
> > these colored cells from Excel to PowerPoint without losing the color
> > shading?
> >
> > Thanks for any help!!!
>
> .

Sorry, I misread. I thought you'd originally said they *are* conditionally
formatted. My apologies.

In that case, having the color printer driver *set as the default printer*
usually works. Hm.

> No  - that didn't work.  And they are NOT conditionally formatted cells.
> Does anyone else have any thoughts???
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> Try setting up a color printer and specifiying it as your default
>> printer.
>>
>> You may need to choose the Paste Options button after you paste -- or use
>> Paste Special on the Home tab to paste as Excel object. If it gets
>> converted
>> to a PPT table, I think you'll lose the conditional formatting.
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "pablobandito" <pablobandito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Office 2007:  I have several Excel Spreadsheets that have sporatic
>> > colored
>> > cells.  It is not done by conditional formatting.  Is there a way to
>> > copy
>> > these colored cells from Excel to PowerPoint without losing the color
>> > shading?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help!!!
>>
>> .

0
Echo

number rounding in MS Excel

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Filters in Excel 2003

Single click selects multiple cells

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook