Copy Color Palette from Powerpoint to Excel?

Hi everyone :) Is there a way to copy the powerpoint palette that we've
created as our template into excel 2007?

--
Thank you in advance!!!!

Yes. Choose File | Save as and select "Office Theme (*.THMX)" from the save
as type dropdown.

PPT should take you to the appropriate folder. If it doesn't, then save the
file here: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes

In Excel, go to Page Layout and click the Themes button. Your theme will
show up there. That will apply the same colors, fonts and effects that were
used in your PPT file to your Excel file.

"daisy" <daisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone :) Is there a way to copy the powerpoint palette that we've
> created as our template into excel 2007?
>
> --
> Thank you in advance!!!!

0
Echo
4/13/2010 7:04:51 PM
thank you, I'll give it a try :)
--
Thank you in advance!!!!

"Echo S" wrote:

> Yes. Choose File | Save as and select "Office Theme (*.THMX)" from the save
> as type dropdown.
>
> PPT should take you to the appropriate folder. If it doesn't, then save the
> file here: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes
>
> In Excel, go to Page Layout and click the Themes button. Your theme will
> show up there. That will apply the same colors, fonts and effects that were
> used in your PPT file to your Excel file.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "daisy" <daisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone :) Is there a way to copy the powerpoint palette that we've
> > created as our template into excel 2007?
> >
> > --
> > Thank you in advance!!!!

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

copy web shortcut to outlook bar
Can't open this item. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program. ...

Convert excel to java
Hi does anybody know a way to convert an XL spreadhseet (with charts) to a fully interactive Java object?? I have tried exceleverywhere and xlsius, but no luck! Thanks in advance -- shnim1 ...

Corrupted Personal.xls file in Excel 97 ??
Oops! This is a correction to the subject of my previous posting. Please excuse me. =========================================================== I am using Excel 97. As of a few days ago, every time I start Excel I get a dialogue box that says "Personal.xls is being modified by Milt" (that's me) and giving me three choices: (1) Open the Personal.xls as a Read Only file, (2) Notify me when it becomes available, (3) Cancel. No matter which choice I take, the same dialogue box appears the next time I start Excel. The only way I have found to stop getting that dialogue b...

Am I able to sort dates by month rather than year in excel?
I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. Just an example: If a date is in A1 and the rest of the column, then in B1 enter =MONTH(A1) and copy down Then sort by column B -- Gary's Student "Ruth k." wrote: > I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by > the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. ...

Excel Date Format of MMM/YY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I enter a date in the format of MMM/YY it saves ok but if you then look in tools and calculator I have found that it creates a formula of 2004 and when you copy this over to a Windows based PC it displays incorrect dates. How do I turn off this apparent formula creation. I live in UK and have settings to UK Don't let the info in the Calculator mislead you. It's simply confirming that the workbook you're in is employing the 1904 Date System which is the default in Mac Excel. Dates in Mac Exce...

2003 Excel Macros Run Slowly
I upgraded to Office 2003 and have a macro in one of my spreadsheets. When I execute this macro it runs very, very slowly i.e. mulitple minutes vs 2 sec on Office 2000. Is there anything I should be doing to improve the speed? Regards, Ed Close excel, clean up your windows temp folder. set calculation to manual, run your code, reset it to what it was. Turn screenupdating off when you start and on when you finish. turn the display of pagebreaks off when you start. Lots of my macros have this at the top: Dim CalcMode As Long CalcMode = Application.Calculation Applicatio...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

Could Excel be used as accounting software?
If so, any tutorials. (I don't want to learn or bky quick books) I jus want to keep tabs on business expenses and I would rather not do it o paper -- Freddy_Kruge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Freddy_Kruger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2962 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52382 Theoretically yes but practically no. There a lot of other softwares particularly databases that could do a lot than Excel. These include SAP,Oracle etc., Are you saying that excel wou...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

Excel front ends to Access Database
We are in the process of converting all our old 95 databases and I have one with excel front ends. Upon converting the DB to Access 2000 and reentering the Excel front end the DB is unrecognized. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

how to create button commande to refresh data in query in excel 2.
I have a excel spreedsheet that contain external data. I would like to put a button in the excel sheet to update the sheet without doing right click and refresh. My user here are very dummies. Jean Francois If this is external data then bringing it in should launch the external data toolbar. They will only need to click the exclamation (!) mark. Seems like re-inventing the wheel. If you must then put a button on the worksheet and assign it to this macro Sub refreshdata() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qryTab As QueryTable Set wks = ActiveSheet For Each qryTab In wks.QueryTables qryTab.Refr...

I need complete idiot proof excel setup database help. please
I need to learn all about Excel and how to make a database.. I have read and read and done practise tutorials but I just cannot grasp the concept, it completely goes over my head everytime. I am quick to learn when I am being shown or told exactly what to do, can anyone help me learn all about Excel.. ? The first thing you need to know is that Excel is not a database application, and while it is commonly used for databases, it doesn't do them well. Expecting a database developed in XL to be "complete idiot proof" is setting yourself up for disaster. Without knowing any...

Menu Maker and Excel 2007
Hi all I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for building a custom Ribbon tab or group? Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia Hi, Check out Mike's menu builder for 2007. http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Paul Martin" <melbournefilm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:40c5f73c-9e78-43f5-b4fd-d3f84097837c@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > &...

How to tell Excel to recalc, unconditionally, now?
It's easy to invalidate an Excel 2002 workbook, putting it into a recalc-required state, yet Excel fails to do it. For example, I have a worksheet with thousands of UDF calls (=MyUDF(Param)). If I make an edit whose only impact is to change the value(s) of the UDF params, that kind of edit seems too oblique for Excel and it won't recalc. (Or if calc is set to Manual, the Calculate flag doesn't appear, so pressing F9 does nothing. Nor does toggling Manual/Automatic calc. Even if you set calc to Automatic, save and reopen the WB, it stays UNCALC'ed.) Yes, I know I could, say: ...

Excel 2007 sorting bug?
If an Excel 2007 sheet (#1) has formula referenced cells to another sheet (#2), and if the column in sheet (#2) containing the referenced cells is then A-Z sorted on the value then the original references in sheet #1 get lost as they are now pointing to different cells. Is this an Excel 2007 bug? Why after the sort does the relative position not move so keeping the correct references?. I have not used $ in the cell address. Beemer No, this is not a bug. If you have cells on Sheet1 pointing to other cells on Sheet2 with a direct reference like =Sheet2!B1, then if you change the c...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Having some problems saving excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. Know everytime I save I keep on getting this message everytime using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thank...

Importing CSV files into excel
Just a suggestion, but I don't see where anyone would ever want their imported data changed by default. How about having CSV files import to format TEXT by default and letting the user decide if he wants to make changes instead of making changes that cannot be undone by default. (the "general" formatting that changed all your numbers around) I've given up on using Excel to look at my data files that contain numbers, instead using wordpad and 3rd party freeware to edit data. Minutes instead of seconds to import a file that has dozens of columns of fixed width - lead...

Excel 2007 ERROR MSGS
I am using the Trial Office 2007. I have no problems with the other programs, but when I open Excel 2007 I get the following msg: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hiidden Module: AutoExecNew When I try to close the program I get this error: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? Thank you. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=autoexecnew http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en__...

Can someone without Excel open a worksheet?
I was sent an Excel worksheet, and told there is a way to open this file without having Excel installed on my machine. This worksheet contains calculation formulas, so I'm wondering if a) I can get the file open somehow without buying Excel and b) if there is a way to open the file, will I be able to use the formulas and update the worksheet? You can download a free Excel Viewer from the Microsoft Downloads site. This will allow you to look at the spreadsheet but you won't be able to update it. Regards Trevor "Jest4Fun98" <Jest4Fun98@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

I need to combine a bubble chart and a line graph (Excel 2003)
I have a simple data set of: Column A: X axis Column B: Y axis Column C: Bubble width I have the bubble chart complete. Now, I want to plot the X/Y axis data as a line graph OVER the bubble chart to show the sequence of the data points from start to finish. Excel HELP is no help. Is there a way to make a second graph (the line graph), change the background to "transparent" and then copy it over the bubble graph? Or, is there a better way to get what I need? Thanks for any help! Bernard showed how to make one chart transparent in your other thread. I have a very simpli...

Adding a contact in Excel 2003
Hello All, Does anyone Knows how to add a contact to know his / her online presense in Excel 2003 / Word 2003. Any suggestions would be much helpful. Thanks John ...

Creating an "exception" report from comparing 2 excel files
We run a report from our system every day that shows all employees and a bunch of demographic data on the employe. The number of rows varies based on the number of employees in the database. Is there a way to compare Monday's file to Tuesday's file in excel and get a list of just the rows that changed from the prior day's file? We have used a suggestion from (Martin W) "Say you have two sheets in one file Sheet1 and Sheet2. Then place this formula in A1 of Sheet3 and drag across and then down as far as needed. =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",1)" ...

Filename length in Excel limited to 92 characters
Is the filename length in Excel (office XP) limited to 92 characters? I have found this limitation today and do not no whether it is a bug or not. Just tried this, I can easily go beyond 100 as the file name. Could be a specific set-up on you ur machine. Out of curiosity how does one end up finding that out? Are gonna save a filename with more than 100 letters? if so why...what would the file be called. (Totally curious here) J "PARaine" wrote: > Is the filename length in Excel (office XP) limited to 92 characters? I have > found this limitation today and do not no whe...