Copied text goes wacky in new template

I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica center
aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to manually
reformat all the free floating text boxes?

We're both on PPT 2007.
Thanks
Jeri

Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
> text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
> mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
> center
> aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
> manually
> reformat all the free floating text boxes?
>
> We're both on PPT 2007.
> Thanks
> Jeri

0
Jaime
5/28/2010 8:54:11 PM
Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.

"Jaime" wrote:

> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
> --
> James
> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>
> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
> > center
> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
> > manually
> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
> >
> > We're both on PPT 2007.
> > Thanks
> > Jeri
>
> .

They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.

I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual
textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold left
aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new
presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text
italicized.

It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or
paste the slides in in PPT 2003.

In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same
general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me
something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized /
left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name
italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will,
you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because
there's just not a way around this one.

> Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.
>
> "Jaime" wrote:
>
>> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
>> --
>> James
>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>
>> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free
>> > floating
>> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky
>> > formatting,
>> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
>> > center
>> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
>> > manually
>> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
>> >
>> > We're both on PPT 2007.
>> > Thanks
>> > Jeri
>>
>> .

0
Echo
5/29/2010 7:12:44 AM
Thanks Echo. Even if the answer is "It's not possible", that's good to know
so I can confidently tell my client so.

"Echo S" wrote:

> They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.
>
> I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual
> textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold left
> aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new
> presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text
> italicized.
>
> It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or
> paste the slides in in PPT 2003.
>
> In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same
> general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me
> something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized /
> left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name
> italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will,
> you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because
> there's just not a way around this one.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.
> >
> > "Jaime" wrote:
> >
> >> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
> >> --
> >> James
> >> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
> >>
> >> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .

You're welcome -- I know what you mean about wanting to be able to tell them
the real deal with confidence. I am grateful to have experts to check in
with in other areas for the exact same reason!

> Thanks Echo. Even if the answer is "It's not possible", that's good to
> know
> so I can confidently tell my client so.
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.
>>
>> I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual
>> textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold
>> left
>> aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new
>> presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text
>> italicized.
>>
>> It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or
>> paste the slides in in PPT 2003.
>>
>> In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same
>> general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me
>> something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized /
>> left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name
>> italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will,
>> you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because
>> there's just not a way around this one.
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.

0
Echo

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

exporting a report in text
I have data in one table for which I have created formatted reports - 1 by program number and 1 by last name. I have the reports the way I want them to look. I need to have them in text-delimited format. The reason for this is that I need to be able to upload them into a DREAMWEAVER table. If they are in the text-delimited format I can upload all the reports fairly easily. Otherwise, I have to export them to WORD as a table, and then laboriously upload them to Dreamweaver column by column as DW will not accept the whole report. (It is doable, but not too convenient. Than...

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

Printing Multiple Copies #4
Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007 Small Business package. No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and had to do it a single copy at a time. If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a single copy only. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks -- Andrew Aitchison (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca) Is your printer driver current? What is the default in the printing preferences in the control panel printer folder? ...

Help ! formatting data to text

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Copy cell contents, then paste into the same cell with other text.
Hi! I tried a search first and couldn't find anything like this. My spreadsheet has a column for shipping that takes a series like this for each product: ?0.0*0.13.2*d*0x0x0:07:24:04 Following the question mark is the handling charge (0.0 in this example). This is followed by an * and then the weight of the item (0.13.2 in this example which is 13.2 ounces) I have a list of product weights in a colum with just pounds and ounces. I need to copy that information, then paste it into the weight area of the string above and then paste those modified contents back into t...

Help replacing text with Yes or No
I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is left blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the field is blank I want to replace it with No. any help is appreciated. -- Jerry Save your data and use a copy for this exercize........... Assuming your data in Column A, put this in B1 and copy down........ =IF(A1=1,"Yes","No") Then highlight the column and do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values to get rid of the formulas..........then delete column A if you wish....... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jerry Arnone, ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #8
I'm trying to use the template wizard to create a template that is linked to a data base so that every new file I create which is based on that template will add the info from the designated cells to the data base. I've followed all the steps in the template wizard several times over but always get an error message that says: Method 'Add' of object 'Sheet' failed. I haven't been able to figure out what this means or how to fix it. Help! Dee I know that the Data Tracker adds a hidden sheet to your workbook to keep track of the database location and such....

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

'Text' instead of number
I have spent two days manipulating data (about 300,000 cells' worth) I imported as Fixed-Width (from MAS-90, if anyone cares). The final step involves multiplying two numbers. The POSITIVE numbers imported fine, the NEGATIVE numbers imported as X.000- and give me a #VALUE! error when I use any math function with them. I have tried the Trimall macro. I am guessing that somehow Excel thinks the '-' is a DASH and not a negative... How do I change that???? See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/postfixnegatives.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- &g...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

copy and clear sheets with VBA
I have a template sheet that users fill in, this creates calculations and a graph on another worksheet. I have a command button that copies the worksheet and renames it and writes to a data bank. It also clears the original template. However when it clears the template all copied worksheets clear as well. what can I do ??? Please help --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi jlong, Right off the top of my head it sounds like when you're copying th worksheets, their linking and retaining those link. So when you clea the 'master' they clear as well. could you post...

Unable to install 2000 Publisher upgrade on new computer
I have a new computer with office xp professional, but the publisher application that came with xp does not have the same functionality of the office 2000 professional publisher that i created most of my publications with. I can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to install on my new computer. It says that there is not a valid product to update. Is there some way around this? Do you have any old Microsoft product disks that you can install? Works, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Project or Word. Publisher 2002 is superior to 2000. What features ...

how do I show text on quick access toolbar
Using MS Office 2007. I would l ike to show text instead of icons on the quick access toolbar. On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:00:05 -0800, Mothomas <Mothomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using MS Office 2007. I would l ike to show text instead of icons on the >quick access toolbar. Sorry, Microsoft has not made that possible. Maybe you could instead customize the ribbon. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...