Copied text goes wacky in new template

I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating 
text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting, 
mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica center 
aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to manually 
reformat all the free floating text boxes?

We're both on PPT 2007.
Thanks
Jeri
0
Utf
5/28/2010 7:59:01 PM
powerpoint 2011 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
1918 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
-- 
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:3B688DC3-8B82-4E5D-A2AF-AA8CCF69B884@microsoft.com...
> I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
> text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
> mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica 
> center
> aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to 
> manually
> reformat all the free floating text boxes?
>
> We're both on PPT 2007.
> Thanks
> Jeri 

0
Jaime
5/28/2010 8:54:11 PM
Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.

"Jaime" wrote:

> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
> -- 
> James
> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
> 
> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:3B688DC3-8B82-4E5D-A2AF-AA8CCF69B884@microsoft.com...
> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica 
> > center
> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to 
> > manually
> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
> >
> > We're both on PPT 2007.
> > Thanks
> > Jeri 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
5/28/2010 10:07:01 PM
They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.

I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual 
textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold left 
aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new 
presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text 
italicized.

It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or 
paste the slides in in PPT 2003.

In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same 
general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me 
something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized / 
left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name 
italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will, 
you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because 
there's just not a way around this one.

-- 
Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx



"ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A2E455B6-77E8-46FD-A654-581D644717D9@microsoft.com...
> Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.
>
> "Jaime" wrote:
>
>> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
>> -- 
>> James
>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>
>> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:3B688DC3-8B82-4E5D-A2AF-AA8CCF69B884@microsoft.com...
>> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free 
>> > floating
>> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky 
>> > formatting,
>> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
>> > center
>> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
>> > manually
>> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
>> >
>> > We're both on PPT 2007.
>> > Thanks
>> > Jeri
>>
>> .
>> 
0
Echo
5/29/2010 7:12:44 AM
Thanks Echo. Even if the answer is "It's not possible", that's good to know 
so I can confidently tell my client so.

"Echo S" wrote:

> They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.
> 
> I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual 
> textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold left 
> aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new 
> presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text 
> italicized.
> 
> It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or 
> paste the slides in in PPT 2003.
> 
> In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same 
> general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me 
> something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized / 
> left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name 
> italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will, 
> you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because 
> there's just not a way around this one.
> 
> -- 
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
> 
> 
> 
> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A2E455B6-77E8-46FD-A654-581D644717D9@microsoft.com...
> > Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.
> >
> > "Jaime" wrote:
> >
> >> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
> >> -- 
> >> James
> >> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
> >>
> >> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:3B688DC3-8B82-4E5D-A2AF-AA8CCF69B884@microsoft.com...
> >> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free 
> >> > floating
> >> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky 
> >> > formatting,
> >> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
> >> > center
> >> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
> >> > manually
> >> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
> >> >
> >> > We're both on PPT 2007.
> >> > Thanks
> >> > Jeri
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
0
Utf
6/3/2010 4:30:29 AM
You're welcome -- I know what you mean about wanting to be able to tell them 
the real deal with confidence. I am grateful to have experts to check in 
with in other areas for the exact same reason!

-- 
Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx



"ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:27CE05DC-914E-437A-BDD2-54C3C31D0FA7@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Echo. Even if the answer is "It's not possible", that's good to 
> know
> so I can confidently tell my client so.
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.
>>
>> I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual
>> textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold 
>> left
>> aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new
>> presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text
>> italicized.
>>
>> It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or
>> paste the slides in in PPT 2003.
>>
>> In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same
>> general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me
>> something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized /
>> left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name
>> italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will,
>> you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because
>> there's just not a way around this one.
>>
>> -- 
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>
>>
>>
>> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A2E455B6-77E8-46FD-A654-581D644717D9@microsoft.com...
>> > Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.
>> >
>> > "Jaime" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
>> >> -- 
>> >> James
>> >> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>> >>
>> >> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:3B688DC3-8B82-4E5D-A2AF-AA8CCF69B884@microsoft.com...
>> >> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free
>> >> > floating
>> >> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky
>> >> > formatting,
>> >> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
>> >> > center
>> >> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
>> >> > manually
>> >> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
>> >> >
>> >> > We're both on PPT 2007.
>> >> > Thanks
>> >> > Jeri
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >> 
0
Echo
6/5/2010 2:27:54 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

On-line services set up failed with "new & improved" Money update
Money 2005 Premium: with the mid-August unannounced update by Microsoft, I lost my ability to go on-line. I reviewed the instructions inside Money and tried to re-set the on-line service but I'm now in a loop that doesn't seem to have any way to back out of it or to move forward successfully. Instead of disabling the account first, which is listed in the long, weary icon version of the update instructions, I went to set up online services and now have the message "complete setup for online services" which apparently will not work because I consistently get a message ...

Re-Applying Visio 2003 Template...
Does anyone know how I can re-apply a template to a Visio Drawing? I have a template containing background pages that act as different layouts, I am adding new ones to the template but because Visio doesn't link the template my older drawings do not see the new additions. Is there anyway I can re-apply a template to my drawing to alow it to see the new background pages (short of copying the drawing to a new drawing created using the newly changed template)? Thank you in advance. Martin Dobson System Developer ...

copy with matched cases
Hi all; I would appreciate for any of your help! In my worksheet "Receiving", column A contains part names & column B contains quantities of each part that I receive and enter daily. e.g: A1=part1; A2=part11; A3=part200; B1=100; B2=200; B3=300 (entry on day 1). What should I do to achieve the followings once an assigned "Macro" button is activated: 1. In worksheet "Inventory", Column A remains unchanged that contains a list of 200 part names: where A1=part1; A11= part11; A200=part200. 2. Enter the date one column to the right to the previous date. Let say; C...

New Entity Question
I created a new entity in CRM. After creation, by default, I have the following options under the Actions menu when a new object is created: Actions > Delete; Actions > Deactivate How do I get a "close"/"resolve" option to appear under Actions? (Ex: the way it appears under Cases, Activities, etc...) On the form of my new entity, I have a Regarding field so I'm able to track these objects in CRM. I would like to be able to keep the history in CRM, so I don't want to delete or deactivate these objects. Any advice? Thanks! ...

autofit: cell height expands with text entered?
For a form: can a user enter mass quantities of text in a cell and have the cell depth expand so it fits? does Merging Cells limit this ability? I made a giant cell to handle the text the user might enter. I can't figure out where to set this... I have copied & pasted formatting from one worksheet to another without luck. Thanks. Sandy Merged cells don't adjust rowheight for wrapped text (like non-merged cells do). Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Sandy wrote:...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

Where are the templates???
When I choose "File --> New", on the left side of the screen is a pane titled "New Publication". It shows all these templates. But where are they located physically on the computer??? A hidden folder C:\\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Vista and Office 2007 C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates If you are asking about the templates within the Office 2003 They are found here C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBWIZ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03
We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if a Tech article or paper on how to do this? Thanks In Advance! Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc ...

copy date in a cell if within a date range
Column M is a listing of percentages Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the date is in another year, leave cell T3 blank Thanks "carrerapaolo" wrote: > Column M is a listing of percentages > > Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. > > I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell > A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the ...

Text String to Unicode
Hi, How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? Thanks, Guilherme R. Rolim Look at macros A2W etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Guilherme R. Rolim" <grrolim@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OXR7gzxkDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode | charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? | | Thanks, | | Guilherme R. Rolim | | | | I'll try to put some more details, mayb...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

How do I convert time format to text?
I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value that is formatted as general text. eg. =text(c3-b3,"h:mm")-G3 Thanks....Andrew Hi Andrew- Try the VALUE() fx and format that cell with your choice of Time Formats. HTH |:>) "Andrew" wrote: > I have a cell with a formula of =text(c3-b3,"h:mm") as the difference from > cell b3 and c3. Assume the result is 5:00. I need to minus another cell value > that is formatted as general text. ...

New CRM Database Views
I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views? If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database then you will see the ffiltered views of table. I have created Reports in Business intelligence by using existing views of CRM . These views correspond to the security role of crm users. /Aamir Hello there, It's a good practice to create a new database to hol...

GST Tax Forms for New Zealand
Hi there, I have recently prchased Money 2005 Standard, ans the box has big claims about it being able to track GST on purchases etc. That all seems to be working well, except I cannot get the GST information out of it at all. How do I setup my tax forms to give me the totals that I need for my GST return? Thanks in advance Jerome Brown Dear Jerome, I also would like to display the GST in a final report. Did you have any luck elsewhere? Marcus "Jerome Brown" wrote: > Hi there, > > I have recently prchased Money 2005 Standard, ans the box has big claims > about...

moving text from a word document to excel
I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel spreedsheet, and I have a few questions: 1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the same size? 2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How can I set it up so it is not in a long column? 3. How can I insert cells without h...

FREE New Indian oil for men!
Free Indian oil promotion for men! 100% free trial bottle, safe and great fun! Tel : 91-22-24449309/56663081 MURLI WAGHULDE ...

Transfering to new EXCH Server.
We are trying to transfer to a new Exchange 2003 server so we can reformat the old machine. Mailbox transfers are complete and the new box is hooked up internally and to our outgoing IP. I am able to receive mail from outside the network, but all outgoing mail is stuck in the queue. I have set the Virtual Smtp server to all unassigned, and I have nothing in routing. Im not very familiar with these settings. Is the problem the old exchange server? Is there a way to remove it without uninstalling exchange from the old machine? My non deliverables come back with this error message. ...

new blank doc
I some how corrupted my blank doc. When I go to file and open. I get a blank doc with 3 cloums saying next record. How can I get my blank doc back so that I can do my work? Thank you itropier While this newsgroup is for Microsoft .NET (dotnet) questions, you should locate the hidden system file called "normal.dot" and delete it. -Scott "new blank doc" <newblankdoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95C60997-1B8B-4831-BB69-A56A9B1CBC8B@microsoft.com... >I some how corrupted my blank doc. When I go to file and open. I get a >...

How do I increase size of text when typing?
I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the print before typing to increase to 150% but cannot find how to do this in the 2003 version. The print on the screen is now about a 10 which is too small for comfort. View | Zoom. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sufimai" <Sufimai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1125090F-6AB0-404F-8B1C-E5EAF06917F8@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2003 and with Word 2000 I could enlarge the size of the >p...

new...delete not work in MFC ? Why ?
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 MFC application generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX > Hi, > > > Check out the following code > char* t=new char[1000]; > t="sdfsdf"; > delete t; > > The rule is simple, if you use "new [...] then you must use delete []" and if you use new ... then simply call delete ... In your case you need to do delete [] t; ....but that's not the end of your problems. "char * t&...

Copy NDRs to public folder
All, I have moved my postmaster mailbox into a mail-enabled folder, which is working fine. However, I cannot get Exchange to send copies of NDRs to the postmaster mailbox. If I select any other "true" mailbox, it's fine. Isn't this supported or am I missing something? Any help appreciated! -- Kind regards, Erik Cheizoo eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running ============================================ Always test in a non-production environment before implementing Guidelines for posting: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 ======================...

copy and paste excel freeze
Hi, I am running Office 2003 in Windows 2000 Pro. try to copy the excel worksheet and paste to another new workshee takes long and the system seems freeze for a while b4 the process finish anyone have samme experience? ...

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...