Clear Formatting Icon

I have a client who has a template with Arial 20 pt regular as the default
font, with all the master text in Arial. When she clicks the clear formatting
icon, the text changes to Helvetica, Grey, 36pt, bold.  She checked the
master slides to see if it was picking up Helvetica from any of the place
holders there, but that's not the casse. Does anyone know where the Helvetica
might be coming from?

She's using PowerPoint 2007. Thanks!

Might be coming from the default shape or textbox. If you create a new
manual textbox, what font is used?

"ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a client who has a template with Arial 20 pt regular as the default
> font, with all the master text in Arial. When she clicks the clear
> formatting
> icon, the text changes to Helvetica, Grey, 36pt, bold.  She checked the
> master slides to see if it was picking up Helvetica from any of the place
> holders there, but that's not the casse. Does anyone know where the
> Helvetica
> might be coming from?
>
> She's using PowerPoint 2007. Thanks!

0
Echo
6/2/2010 8:07:18 PM
Hi Echo,
I created a new manual textbox with Arial 20 pt. regular, saved it as the
default text, but when she opens the prezo on her computer she gets the
Helvetica issue.

It doesn't happen on my computer though, so I'm pretty sure it's something
on her computer.
Thanks
Jeri

"Echo S" wrote:

> Might be coming from the default shape or textbox. If you create a new
> manual textbox, what font is used?
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a client who has a template with Arial 20 pt regular as the default
> > font, with all the master text in Arial. When she clicks the clear
> > formatting
> > icon, the text changes to Helvetica, Grey, 36pt, bold.  She checked the
> > master slides to see if it was picking up Helvetica from any of the place
> > holders there, but that's not the casse. Does anyone know where the
> > Helvetica
> > might be coming from?
> >
> > She's using PowerPoint 2007. Thanks!

Ugh, weird!

What font set does the theme use? They'll say FontName (Headings) and
FontName (Body) in the font dropdown list. When I use the clear formatting
icon here, it reverts to the Body font.

The 36 point is odd, though. It reverts to 18 pt regardless. Hm.

> Hi Echo,
> I created a new manual textbox with Arial 20 pt. regular, saved it as the
> default text, but when she opens the prezo on her computer she gets the
> Helvetica issue.
>
> It doesn't happen on my computer though, so I'm pretty sure it's something
> on her computer.
> Thanks
> Jeri
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> Might be coming from the default shape or textbox. If you create a new
>> manual textbox, what font is used?
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a client who has a template with Arial 20 pt regular as the
>> > default
>> > font, with all the master text in Arial. When she clicks the clear
>> > formatting
>> > icon, the text changes to Helvetica, Grey, 36pt, bold.  She checked the
>> > master slides to see if it was picking up Helvetica from any of the
>> > place
>> > holders there, but that's not the casse. Does anyone know where the
>> > Helvetica
>> > might be coming from?
>> >
>> > She's using PowerPoint 2007. Thanks!

0
Echo

Internet Message Format
Running EX2K3Sp1 - when I change the Internet Message Format for a domain, this fails to have the desired effect. e.g. I want to force plain text to a particular domain so I change the format to plain text but HTML messages are still received by the recipient? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but can't see what it is :-) Thanks in advance. ...

number format #8
How can I get 1 to show up as 01 yet still be considered a number? I can only get it to show up as 01 by changing the format to text. I want a list like this: 01 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 etc, going no higher than 99 (which if that were the case I'd want 001). Thanks. Go to Format cells and Custom and in the Type: type 00 or for how many numbers you want to fill. Stopher Glenn wrote: > How can I get 1 to show up as 01 yet still be considered a number? I can > only get it to show up as 01 by changing the format to text. > > I want a list like this: > > ...

Are there any downloads for a A P A term paper format
Are there any downloads for a A P A format for term papers on line or a website On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:46:00 -0800, Startinglate <Startinglate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there any downloads for a A P A format for term papers on line or a website Well, the "forms" in this newsgroup's name refer to programmable data entry screens in Microsoft Access databases. I don't think you'll find what you want here. Try finding the APA's website if they have one (I have no idea what APA means). John W. Vinson [MVP] "Startinglate"...

Chart Formatting #5
Is it possible to have a series data point (2) change colour if the value drops below that of data point (1) and revert back again if it rises above that of data point (1). (And possibly be a third colour if it is equal in value)? Sandy http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oz9eTpN4HHA.5724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have ...

keep conditional format
Is there a way to keep conditional formatting and still put an interactive spreadsheet on the web? Thanks for your help. ...

How do I format a cell in MS Excel to enable me to enter a mobile.

Icons not displaying
Following updates at the beginning of March 2010, icons no longer display in Windows Explorer, even for regular files such as HTML files. Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone discovered how to remedy it? I have tried increasing the IconCache but with no success. Chrystopher wrote: > Following updates at the beginning of March 2010, icons no longer display in > Windows Explorer, even for regular files such as HTML files. > Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone discovered how to remedy it? > I have tried increasing the IconCache but with no success. ...

Name Format
Is it a way to change a name format from "First_ name Middle_ Initial, Last_name" to "Last_name, First_name Middle_initial"? For example, from "John A. Smith" to "Smith, John A". One way: Assuming your list is in column A Highlight the list Data>Text to Columns>Delimited> Other and enter a space>Destination>B1 Now you have seperated the names into 3 parts In cell E1 enter , Now the formula in F1is =D1&$E$1&" "&B1&" "&C1 Copy the formula down HTH "NH" wrote: > Is it a way to change ...

Help needed with date format
I've always entered date as yy-mm-dd. In fact when I want to enter Aug 28, 2005, I would only need to enter "5-8-28". With the proper formatting on the cells, the date will be displayed as "2005-08-25", or "050825" or whatever I have formatted it as. My problem started after I installed Tiger (OS 10.4) over the weekend. Now all the format has changed. I've tried to change between the formatting on Excel, chedked the preferences as well as changing the System Preferences. But I just can't get back to what I used to get in the date format. The cell will...

Need help to correct phone # format
For some reason my Excel program has changed the format on Phone numbers. For example when I set a cell to use the phone number format it should take the numbers 1234567890 and show them in the cell as (123) 456-7890 but they don't. They now show in the cell as (1) 234-5678 can anybody tell me how to fix this. Also, I have noticed another change ie., I in a cell I enter 9. it will come out as 0.09 Any suggestions? -- Jecakias ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jecakias's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Custom Formatting
Hi, I need to format text and numbers, but I keep messing up. For example, I want to format A12345678901 so that it will appear as A123-4567-8901 Please help? Start with 12345678901 in a cell. Then: Format > Cells > Custom > "A"000-0000-0000 Don't manually enter the "A", let the formatting do it. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200779 "cliff" wrote: > Hi, I need to format text and numbers, but I keep messing up. > For example, I want to format > A12345678901 so that it will appear as > A123-4567-8901 > > Please help? ...

How to change icon for my application

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Copy paste Conditional Formatting #2
I posted this the other day but after reading I was not very clear. I have data that is conditionally formatted. Now I need to eliminate the columns from that spread sheet that created the conditional formats to appear. I tried to copy paste special the values before deleting those columns but that dropped the color from the filled in blocks. Is there a way to copy the filled in blocks and that color to another spread sheet? If I understand you correctly, no there isn't. As CF is dependent upon some value somewhere, if the same conditions do not apply where you paste the cells to...

Clear Contants w/o effecting formulas #2
Thanks for the help. I create the following macro but it seems to be working funny. With Worksheets(Cur_Month).Range("a7") ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Cur_Month).Activate Range(Cur_Month & "!All_Data").Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Select Selection.ClearContents End With It was working great then I saved / closed / and reopen my applicatio now it gets to the Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants 23).Select, part, I get an error saying "No Cells were found". What does that mean? I verified that the range I want selected i sele...

Rendering Format in SRS 2005
Greetings, I am trying to find the system variable that contains the rendering format selected for the report. The main reason is if I have a report being rendered (exported) to Excel, I would like to change the output information for several report textboxes. I had found this information about a year ago, but had lost it too as I was busy updating a slew of reports for my company. SSRS 2008 has made it much simpler as they have Globals!RenderFormat.Name but my company is not planning on updating from 2005 anytime soon. Thank you for your time. From http://www.developmentnow.com/...

Clear Formatting in Excel
Where is the Clear Formatting button located at in Excel? It doesn't appear to be visible on the Home Ribbon like it is in Word. Hi, Maybe your looking for:- Home Tab|Styles|Conditional formatting|Clear rules -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Josh Doten" wrote: > Where is the Clear Formatting button located at in Excel? It doesn't appear > to be visible on the Home Ribbon like it is in Word. Check out this lin...

Attachment format changes
Recently sent several e-mails using Outlook that were either pdf or xls format. Receipient got dat files and a warning not to open them. What's going on? How does the format get changed? Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to Outlook Express users, or users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attachments and will likely get that ".dat" file instead. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlo...

Special Formatting
I'd like to be able to take a 5,6,7 digit number and adjust it according to certain rules. If the number is 5 digits I'd like it to return the Leftmost number (=Left (cell reference,1) if it's 6 digits I'd like it to return the Leftmost 2 numbers and if it's 7 digits I'd like it to return the leftmost 3 numbers. I've been messing around w/ it for awhile and don't seem to be able to get my "if" statements correct. Perhaps I'm going about it all wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thx beforehand! F D, I followed up to your &q...

file format not valid #3
I moved a spreadsheet from one file to another and when I try to open, I get 'file format not valid' bill wroet... >I moved a spreadsheet from one file to another and when I try >to open, I get 'file format not valid' What do you mean by 'moved a spreadsheet from one file to another'? B precise and complete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

conditional formating of a chart?
Can you place conditional formats on charts? I know you can with cells but I want a chart to reflect distinction between values > or < a chosen number. Hi, The is no built-in CF for charting. Have a look at John Peltier's work around. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy JohnA wrote: > Can you place conditional formats on charts? I know you can with cells but I > want a chart to reflect distinction between values > or < a chosen number. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "JohnA" wrote: &g...

Blackberry access to FRX reports in Drill Down Viewer Format
Can FRX reports be viewed from a Blackberry device in Drill Down Viewer Format? Not unless you can install the drill down viewer app on your device. The short answer is no, you can't. You can e-mail reports as HTML documents and Excel documents which your Blackberry device can probably view just fine. -- Charles Allen, MVP "AcctgType" wrote: > Can FRX reports be viewed from a Blackberry device in Drill Down Viewer Format? ...

clearing all trasaction data from msgp database except master info
Hi, i am using gp 8.0 std, i install gp it in trial mode and give rights to everyone to put his testing data in it for testing purpose and i also set its sales and purchase setting, put all master file information like (chart of accounts, banks, checkbooks, vendor, customer) and now i want to remove just testing transaction from its transaction tables will any one give me the list of transaction table so which i can select these tables in "Clear Data" window and clear all data. Any help? thanks. SMA Hi It is not so much hard to clear the transaction data. But my advice...

Cond. Formatting, Mod(Row) and cell conditions
Is there any way to use the mod row function to shade alternative rows, based on whether cells have any value in them. I want to select a big range (eg A:G) and only shade alternative rows (A:G) once data is place in cells. the mod row function shades regardless if there is data in or not. Select ColA:G and try the below CF formula..Make sure the active cell of your selection is in Row1 =AND(MOD(ROW(),2),COUNTA($A1:$G1)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "wynand" wrote: > Is there any way to use the mod row function to shade alternative rows, based > on wheth...

Conditional formating
Is there a way to protect/lock a cell based on a formula. For example, if A1 = "Yes" then lock cell B4:B7. ...