Changing source links in powerpoint

I currently have a powerpoint with source links to other powerpoint slides.
These source links are currently internet address based links.  I'm trying to
change these current internet addresses to new internet addresses and each
time I try I receive the error message: "You cannot use an internet address
here.  Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the
network".  I've been able to change the source links in the past and only
began to encounter this problem around mid December.  Does anyone know how to
correct this or explain why I can no longer perform this function?
Thanks.
--
klshaner

Change links to hyperlinks in a workbook?
I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook. The first sheet is an Income Statement summing four departments (listed by columns). Column B has Dept 1 data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc. ALL data on this sheet is linked (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual departments. I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to have each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four sheets) become hyperlinks? If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has hyperlinks, that would be fine. I am just ...

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

changing the cell information #2
Hi I have files I tried to change the cell information to another cel that have to be the blank for a row that contains director name in cel A and for the movie titles I have to have director names instead of th title names.Please help me, the data in cell B sholuld have to be, A 1 D:B.Jane 2 T:Back to the future 3 T:Aliens 4 T:X-files 5 D:Adam Mathew 6 T:Core 7 T:Titanic B 1 (empty) 2 D:B.Jane 3 D:B.Jane 4 D:B.Jane 5 (empty) 6 D:Adam Mathew 7 D:Adam Mathew thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Change default font format in Excel
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold, red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks. Michael, Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Cou...

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

APAY Frequency changes mysteriously
Has anyone noticed that if, for example, you set up an APAY bill monthly, that all of a sudden the next pay date is many months later? It will be cruising along fine, sending bills monthly via MSN Billpay automatically and then one day I go to look at BILLS AND DEPOSITS and some of the autopay's that should be due next month say something crazy like it wont be paid until three months from now or even Jan of next year. I have to cancel the autopay and resubmit it with the proper information. This has happened to me several times in Money2003 on XP... p.s. I tried out the archive feature t...

Background changes conditionally
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that shows the floor plan layout of my call centre. On each desk, the desk number and identity are displayed. I would like to colour the background for those pcs that are on the same subnet. I have a sheet called data - it contains Table Number, Desk Number, PC ID, IP Address. How could I get it to change the background colour if the pc is on subnet 162, and set a different colour for those on subnet 167 any ideas? -- PeterG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

OWA & "User must change password at next logon"
Current Environment: Running EX2K3(SP2), and using OWA as the ONLY option to get e-mail; using certificates (https:\\owa.domain.com\exchange) & forms based Authentication. Problem: I create a NEW user in AD; e-mail enable it, and select "User must change password at next logon". Now when the user tries to log in (VIA OWA) s/he is not prompted to change the password / it won't even log them in. It use to work with our old exchange 2000 environment, where it gave them the opportunity to change the password at sign on. Answer: ? There is one property in MetaBase: ...

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

HOW DO I COPY FORMULA WITHOUT CHANGING CELL REFERENCE
My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : d1=c1-b1 e1=d1-c1 but i want the following d1 should be b2-a2 and e2 should be b3-a3 how do i do this? One way... In C1 enter & copy across: =INDEX($A:$A,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1)-INDEX($B:$B,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1) anantth wrote: > My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 > and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : > d1=c1-b1 > e1=d1-c1 > > but i want the following > d1 should be b2-...

break links #2
Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont know how to turn off the link. is it possible? thanks George Copy the chart, paste special as an Enhanced Metafile, delete the linked chart. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1556BA0-4291-4359-9D79-0EBD0B136B7D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? > I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont k...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

prompting to save workbook every time (even when no changes made)
i have 3 workbooks all very similar and every single time i open any o them, even when not changing anything, i am prompted to save th thing. its so bad that i can literally open the workbook then click the clos button straight away and it STILL prompts me to save it because i seems to think something has changed. as far as i can see i dont have any macros or anything that will ru every time it starts and change something (i did have a = today in on cell which kept the date as today but taking this out made n difference -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Neowok! You prob...

find match then change cell value

Insert new row as cell contents change
Insert new row as cell contents change. After importing data I have a spread sheet with a column that contains a series of alpha numeric characters. At various random intervals in this column the contents change. EG rows 1 to 4 could contain ABC, then rows 5 to 15 could become 222. I am looking for a method to insert a blank row automatically between the rows were the contents change. Many Thanks Geo George If you are familiar with VBA the code below will do what you want. Preselect the column of data first Sub InsertRowAfterValueChange() Dim myCell As Range Dim sCurrVal As String ...

linking sheets
Hi All, How do i link my drop down list in a13 sheet 1 to column f in sheet 2. Hi Jinx if using Data Validation to create your drop down list the easiest way is to range name column F in sheet 2 (go to sheet 2, click on F, click in name box (left hand side of formula bar) type name (no spaces), press enter) then click in Sheet1!A13, choose Data / Validation, choose List - click IN the big white box, press you F3 key to bring up list of names in workbook, choose the name, click OK, click OK again and it should work fine. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Jinx" <anonymous@discus...

Link to Power Point
Hi, I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up? If so, how? Thanks, -- Phil Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker. Try to be a bit more patient. Craig Phil wrote: >Hi, >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the >P...