Can't use Presenters View

Using PP 2007 to create and run our worship presentations at church.  Here is
what we using.
* HP G71-340US laptop
* Connected to 2 Sharp 55" LCD HD televsions via HDMI connection from the
laptop to the televisions
* The connection is going through a booster and splitter and the picture
quality is excellent.
THE ISSUE
I can't get PRESENTERS VIEW to display.
When I go to the SLIDE SHOW tab and click on the PRESENTERS VIEW checkbox I
get a popup message that says, "This feature is for use with more than one
monitor, but only one monitor was detected.  To see if your computer can
display on mulitple monitors, click the CHECK button."  When I click the
CHECK button the Screen Resolution window pops up and it is showing that the
laptop is running 1/2 Mutlple Monitors.

HELP!
--
Steve

In article <0286FF97-2C37-4C4F-879B-3CA379DEFEB5@microsoft.com>, ForLSU wrote:
> Using PP 2007 to create and run our worship presentations at church.  Here is
> what we using.
> * HP G71-340US laptop
> * Connected to 2 Sharp 55" LCD HD televsions via HDMI connection from the
> laptop to the televisions
> * The connection is going through a booster and splitter and the picture
> quality is excellent.
> THE ISSUE
> I can't get PRESENTERS VIEW to display.
> When I go to the SLIDE SHOW tab and click on the PRESENTERS VIEW checkbox I
> get a popup message that says, "This feature is for use with more than one
> monitor, but only one monitor was detected.  To see if your computer can
> display on mulitple monitors, click the CHECK button."  When I click the
> CHECK button the Screen Resolution window pops up and it is showing that the
> laptop is running 1/2 Mutlple Monitors.

 ?  One half?

 In any case, go to your video properties dialog (right-click the desktop,
choose properties or personalize, make sure you're set to "Extend the desktop on
to this monitor" for the secondary monitor.

 With luck that'll do it for you.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Printing question using 2003
I create flyers for my theater group on my home computer and then take them to another location to print the flyer on a new large-format printer. We have been having problems having the large-format printer print the file as a 18"x22" or other desired large size poster. It wants to print as it would on my home printer...like a group of six sheets that have to be taped together. Won't Publisher allow you to create in a letter size format (8.5"x11") and then automatically expand all text boxes, graphics, clip art, word art, etc to fit the enlarged large-format pr...

using list or combo boxes
Hello, I have a form with several fields: ID Number, LName, Fname, Employer, Employer1 Depts and Employer2 Depts. I want to enter data in first 3 fields (text) which will be inserted to table 1. I want to select a value from a lookup table for employer. Based on the Employer chosen, either Emp1 depts OR Emp2 depts drop down will become active. Finally, select a dept from the active dropdown. Am I thinking correctly in the following: For the OnChange event when the employer is selected from the dropdown, I want to do this: IF employer = EMP1 then 1.1 enable cboEMP1 ...

Do you have a useful monthly calendar print template for Outlook
Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template from Office 07 ends up just having the times. Does anyone have a useful monthly template? Thanks. there are some on Microsoft's web site. Just search "Microsoft Outlook 2007 home page" to find a stack of resources. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "RSC" <RSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1E6422A-8D4A-4995-AA4A-3048242EED4B@microsoft.com... > Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template > ...

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...

use mjwpdf to edit and modify existing pdf file
Dear all I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the end of document) and save it with the changes if some one have the solution please attach source code please thanks to all xavi-querol@hotmail.com *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 02/02/2010 16:00, xavi querol wrote: > I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing > pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the > end of document...

Using an existing instance of Excel
Hi, Suppose I have an instance of Excel running and I want to open the file "foo.xls" into that instance from command line. If I give the command "excel foo.xls" it will open a new instance of Excel, which is OK but would cause great overhead for me. Thanks! Bura You might try a script like this: Dim XL on error resume next set XL = GetObject(,"Excel.Application") If XL is Nothing Then Set XL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") XL.Workbooks.Open "c:\Book1.xls" XL.Visible = True Create a VBS file with this in it and you can run it from th...

need help using "RANDBETWEEN" in excel
In using this function, I'm entering values as decimals (ie, I'm looking for a random number between 1.35 and 1.65. When I do this I get a result of 2. That's obviously not a number between 1.35 and 1.65. What am I doing wrong? =RANDBETWEEN(135,165)/100 "glenn" wrote: > In using this function, I'm entering values as decimals (ie, I'm looking for > a random number between 1.35 and 1.65. When I do this I get a result of 2. > That's obviously not a number between 1.35 and 1.65. What am I doing wrong? "glenn" <glenndpric...

Can I use variables for workheet name references in Excel functions?
I'm working with Excel 2003 and trying to look for a way to create some sort of dynamic references in functions between worksheets in the same workbook. Let me try to explain - Say I have a workbook with 12 different worksheets with the names - January, February, March, Etc... On a new Worksheet I want to write a function that will use a cell as a reference for the worksheet to use in the function. I'm going to have a function in that cell that will return a name (In this example - Cell A2) In Another cell, I want to write a function that will retrieve the highest value from a ce...

Change order of Views
We have set up different views in our Document page on SharePoint. We would like to put the list of created views in alpha order. Is there a way to do this? I made several views in a document library with un-sorted name. but when I click the view in the document library, those views are sorted in alpha order. (mine is MOSS 2007 SP2) "Newsgal" wrote: > We have set up different views in our Document page on SharePoint. We would > like to put the list of created views in alpha order. Is there a way to do > this? ...

Using OWA how can I easily verify the size of my mailbox
Hi I use OWA at University. How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? Thanks Jay Using OWA, you can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jay asked: | Hi | | I use OWA at University. | | How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? | | Thanks | | Jay Milly Thanks Jay "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: > Using OWA, you can't. > > -- > Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Help with AutoFilter using VBA
Folks, I am completely new to the whole Excel macro/VBA world, though I am pretty spiffy when in comes to Excel. By using lots of Google, I have put together the VBA macro below that actually does work. However, I would like to add code so that the AutoFilter custom parameters are set by default to: Custom, Is Greater Than, 0. How can I accomplish this within this code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("C7"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.E...

Using a compressed folder
Is there a way to treat a compressed folder in PowerShell in the same manner that Windows Explorer does, that is, to just copy files to and from it the same way this is done with a normal folder, and have the compression be transparent to the script? If not, what would be the best way to build a .zip file with PowerShell? I am using Vista. Thanks, Al If you're looking to build .zip files, I think the best option would be to upgrade to V2 if you haven't already, and then get the powershellpack from the resource kit: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/PowerShellPac...

Using "Filter" to isolate particular dates
We have an Excel document with a column showing dates of annual reviews for employees. Through the Filter function is there a way to isolate annual reviews due in a particular month? Thanks for any suggestions. (I know we can sort the entire document by date, but I'd like to show only those reviews that are coming due.) Hi, this is DanMcC again I did think of one solution, which is to determine numical value of 1st and last dates of the month in question. Then, use those numerical values in my Filter equation to isolate that month. A bit convoluted, but it works.... Are you using an...

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

Getting & Using Sheet Names or Index in VBA code
How do you get each Sheet Name in a Workbook so you can use it in code? I know that each Sheet, regardless of Name has an Index of 1 through n beginning with the leftmost Sheet but I don't know how to use that information. I have one reference book, Excel 2003 VBA, that says there is a Worksheet Property 'Name' that returns a String and in the Description of that Property it says 'Set/Get the name of the worksheet'. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how to use that in code. I don't really care whether I use the name of each Sheet or the Index but if you c...

Access subquery using Like IN
I am trying to create a query which will take all values from table Names Field Pre and compare it against table AllNames field Name. Problem is there will only be PART of the name in the Allnames field. What I have attempted was variations of this and I haven't been able to get it to work with the * operator to show that it would be a partial match not complete. Select Allnames.Name FROM Allnames WHERE (((Name) Like ((Name) In (Select Pre + '*' From Names)))); If anybody could help me in identifying the issue and resolving it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joins are ge...

Sending emails using AOL settings
Hi Any advice on the folowing would be appreciated: Am using AOL broadband as my ISP. I am able to configure Outlook Express to send & receive emails OK When using the same Outlook Express settings in Outlook 2002 am unable to send emails - an error refering to incorrect email address appears. HAve double & doubled checked and all email address's are identical as per those used in Outlook express. Using XP Pro with service pack 2 TIA Tom There are special settings for Outlook with AOL that are available at AOL support. http://help.aol.com/aimhelp/search.do?cmd=displ...

How to activate compiled HTML Help file using VBA code?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to activate compiled HTML help file (*.chm) using VBA code in Excel? Or better yet, how to open a help file by clicking an added custom toolbar? I'm hoping that users of my Excel applications can access to the help files by clicking an added custom toolbar. I tried the shell command like the following, neither worked: program="c:\myapplication.chm" taskid=shell(program,1) helpfile="c:\myapplication.chm" shell("start" & helpfile) THANKS A LOT! Charles, Do it like this: Application.Help("c:\myapplication.chm") St...

Dexterity
Anyone can advise on the above issue?? Much appreciated. Regards Ken Ken- I'm sure there are several ways, but here's what I do. This is going to be long.... Regards, Brenner (bklenzman@klenzmanconsulting.com). (1) create a script that dynamically executes the script below. Pass in the table name as a variable. tDex = ""; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "open table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; iErrCnt = execute(i...

XML Serialization error on Windows Vista using Japanese-character
We are having a problem whenever our application makes use of the XML Serializer, when we are logged in as a user who has a username containing Japanese characters. We have prepared a sample application that tests the serializer on its own: TestClass myClass = new TestClass(); myClass.MyString = "Hello World!"; using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream()) { XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer( typeof (TestClass)); s...

Batch importing e-mail contacts using ldifde, csvde
Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors on this command: csvde -k -i -j c:\ -f "f:\<filepath>\<filename>.csv" Can't even find out what a constraint violation is? And even if this works, it won't let me edit the memberOf attribute using ldifde, though it will allow other attributes to be changed! "Peter" <morsep@ijet.com> wrote: >Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. >Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors >on this co...

Outlook 2000 and OE using same address book
I have a user that uses Outlook for business e-mail and OE6 for personal. The problem is this, Outlook and OE6 are using the same address book. An example, if you add Joe Blow to the Contacts in Outlook he shows up in the OE6 address book and visa-versa. How is this possible nd how do I seperate the two? Thank you in advance. Joe Larrabee The old Internet Mail Only mode of Outlook had this feature. Just disable sharing in the Windows Address Book > Tools > Options... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Joe Larrabee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Welcome dialog in MFC doc/view?
Hi, Need to add one 'welcome' dialog in an application of MFC doc/view. Need to show the dialog after the application is showed. Where should I put the dialog.DoModal ()? Thank you a lot Best regards, You can post a custom message to the mainframe window in OnCreate of mainframe. In the handler of this message show your dialog. Another option would be to post a message to CWinApp (this will be a message to the thread) and show the dialog in its handler. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:#u1zHp9...

Need help using objects and charts together
I have a line chart that tracks data for a 12 month period. So as not to mess up the chart, I added a drawn line and text box for information covering only the two most recent months. When I click in the sheet anywhere off the chart, you can see the line, but when I click on the chart anywhere the drawn objects disappear. I am copying the charts to a powerpoint presentation and the drawn objects also don't transfer to that. I have tried selecting the items and telling it to move forward or to the front, I have also tried telling the chart to move to the back. Neither of these o...

how to use a message which cannot create by classwidar
I want use CWnd::OnDeviceChange() but,I may must do it by myself. I try it ,but it cannot work. how to do it? thanks a lot. valkyrie wrote: > I want use CWnd::OnDeviceChange() > but,I may must do it by myself. > I try it ,but it cannot work. > how to do it? > > > thanks a lot. > > Any Windows message can be handled by typing an ON_MESSAGE line into your message map: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(..., ...) ... ON_MESSAGE(WM_DEVICECHANGE, OnDeviceChange) END_MESSAGE_MAP() -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...