Available to use

Hello,

Im trying to create a quiz system that allows users to log in and take
a quiz. However there are two users of the system, lecturers and
students. What I need help with is I want to make a page on my slide
to allow a lecturer to make content avaiable. For instance

If the lecturer logs in they are taken to a page with two buttons on
it saying log out or make slides avaiable.

Then if a student logs in, depending if the presentation is avaiable
they are taken to the quiz, if it is not avaiable a message pops up
and telling them it is unvaiable and they are taken to the login
screen.

Im thinking that i need some sort of button to update a textbox with a
value and if that textbox has the value in then it can be made
available but im ensure on how to do this?

Can anybody help with this? sorry the above is a bit confusing.

Thanks

Nick
0
Nickooo87
1/20/2010 1:30:30 PM
powerpoint 2011 articles. 0 followers. Follow

10 Replies
820 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32

This can be done in a number of ways. The simplest thing is to use an
InputBox:

myPassword = InputBox("Type the instructor password.")
If myPassword = "LetMeIn" Then
    <do something here such as GotoSlide 7>
Else
    <do something else such as MsgBox "Wrong password">
End If

Now, the question is what do you do in the "do somethings" above. You will
need to keep track of what the instructor has done so you'll need to have
the instructor presentation keep track of something. This is really easy if
the presentation is running continuously (just use a variable Dim
quizAvailable As Boolean), but if the presentation is going to be shut down,
you'll have to do something else. If you want to store the information in
the presentation, you'll have to save the presentation
(ActivePresenation.Save). You could do this by hiding and showing buttons.
One button takes you to the quiz, the other pops up a MsgBox saying the quiz
is unavailable. If the instructor makes the quiz available hide one button
and show the other and save. You could do this with a tag and then you would
use an If statement to check the tag. Were you the one working with external
databases? If so, you could store the information about the availability of
the quiz in the external database. Lots of options.

--David

On 1/20/10 8:30 AM, in article
24ef364c-ec17-4e0c-8b40-52cd47272e84@o28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com,
"Nickooo87" <mmmm_superman87@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> Im trying to create a quiz system that allows users to log in and take
> a quiz. However there are two users of the system, lecturers and
> students. What I need help with is I want to make a page on my slide
> to allow a lecturer to make content avaiable. For instance
> 
> If the lecturer logs in they are taken to a page with two buttons on
> it saying log out or make slides avaiable.
> 
> Then if a student logs in, depending if the presentation is avaiable
> they are taken to the quiz, if it is not avaiable a message pops up
> and telling them it is unvaiable and they are taken to the login
> screen.
> 
> Im thinking that i need some sort of button to update a textbox with a
> value and if that textbox has the value in then it can be made
> available but im ensure on how to do this?
> 
> Can anybody help with this? sorry the above is a bit confusing.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Nick

-- 
David M. Marcovitz
Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland


0
David
1/20/2010 3:05:38 PM
In article <24ef364c-ec17-4e0c-8b40-
52cd47272e84@o28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> Im trying to create a quiz system that allows users to log in and take
> a quiz. However there are two users of the system, lecturers and
> students. What I need help with is I want to make a page on my slide
> to allow a lecturer to make content avaiable. For instance
> 
> If the lecturer logs in they are taken to a page with two buttons on
> it saying log out or make slides avaiable.
> 
> Then if a student logs in, depending if the presentation is avaiable
> they are taken to the quiz, if it is not avaiable a message pops up
> and telling them it is unvaiable and they are taken to the login
> screen.
> 
> Im thinking that i need some sort of button to update a textbox with a
> value and if that textbox has the value in then it can be made
> available but im ensure on how to do this?
> 
> Can anybody help with this? sorry the above is a bit confusing.

What exactly do you mean by "logs in"?  Opens the PPT file over a 
network?  From a web site?  Something else entirely?

How will the system know the difference between a lecturer and a 
student?

One possibly simpler approach:

Lecturer uploads a "dummy" presentation as a placeholder for each 
presentation the students will eventually have access to.  This is 
nothing more than a slide that says "Not available yet.  Come back 
later."

When the content's available, the lecturer uploads it, under the same 
name as the file above.

No need for macros or any other confusion.  


==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/


0
Steve
1/20/2010 3:38:30 PM
On Jan 20, 3:38=A0pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> In article <24ef364c-ec17-4e0c-8b40-
>
>
>
> 52cd47272...@o28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > Im trying to create a quiz system that allows users to log in and take
> > a quiz. However there are two users of the system, lecturers and
> > students. What I need help with is I want to make a page on my slide
> > to allow a lecturer to make content avaiable. For instance
>
> > If the lecturer logs in they are taken to a page with two buttons on
> > it saying log out or make slides avaiable.
>
> > Then if a student logs in, depending if the presentation is avaiable
> > they are taken to the quiz, if it is not avaiable a message pops up
> > and telling them it is unvaiable and they are taken to the login
> > screen.
>
> > Im thinking that i need some sort of button to update a textbox with a
> > value and if that textbox has the value in then it can be made
> > available but im ensure on how to do this?
>
> > Can anybody help with this? sorry the above is a bit confusing.
>
> What exactly do you mean by "logs in"? =A0Opens the PPT file over a
> network? =A0From a web site? =A0Something else entirely?
>
> How will the system know the difference between a lecturer and a
> student?
>
> One possibly simpler approach:
>
> Lecturer uploads a "dummy" presentation as a placeholder for each
> presentation the students will eventually have access to. =A0This is
> nothing more than a slide that says "Not available yet. =A0Come back
> later."
>
> When the content's available, the lecturer uploads it, under the same
> name as the file above.
>
> No need for macros or any other confusion. =A0
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

I am making a quiz in powerpoint, students basically write in there
student number at the start and the student number and quiz results
are saved to my access database. The lecturer however at the same
login screen has to enter a password as well as there lecturer
number!

What i want to beable to do is when the lecturer logs in, go to a page
where they can make the content avaiable to students, where as if the
student logged in and tried to access the data before a lecture it
will be locked unless the lecturer makes it available
0
Nickooo87
1/20/2010 4:56:52 PM
> What i want to beable to do is when the lecturer logs in, go to a page
> where they can make the content avaiable to students, where as if the
> student logged in and tried to access the data before a lecture it
> will be locked unless the lecturer makes it available

So you said earlier.  Then I asked a few follow up questions which you 
haven't answered.  I'm sorry, but I can't offer much help until you do.



==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/


0
Steve
1/20/2010 5:48:10 PM
On Jan 20, 5:48=A0pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> > What i want to beable to do is when the lecturer logs in, go to a page
> > where they can make the content avaiable to students, where as if the
> > student logged in and tried to access the data before a lecture it
> > will be locked unless the lecturer makes it available
>
> So you said earlier. =A0Then I asked a few follow up questions which you
> haven't answered. =A0I'm sorry, but I can't offer much help until you do.
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

Sorry Steve i didnt realise i hadnt answered your questions!

What exactly do you mean by "logs in"?  Opens the PPT file over a
network?  From a web site?  Something else entirely?

By logs in i mean that i have a form that has two text boxes on it for
username and password, for a student they just enter there student
number and that get stored along side there quiz answers in an access
database. When the system sees that only the one text box is filled in
it goes to a certain page, mainly for the student the presentation
unavaiable page or the first slide of the presentation if it is
available

For a lecturer I have defined a password with my vba in powerpoint
that will take the lecturer to a different slide from the student
where they are able to click a button to say the presentation is
available for viewing of a student!

How will the system know the difference between a lecturer and a
student?

This is something i am struggling with, i need the student and the
lecturer to have different access to the presentation, so the lecturer
can only make it available, and no student can get into the
presentation unless the lecturer has made it available! Another page
will have a button for the lecturer to click if they want to show the
results of the quiz in a percentage form. However Im not sure if
something like this is possible inside of 1 presentation as i would
have to essentially have the presentation look to see who is on the
page and if it is a student then limited access, however if it is a
lecturer full access!

Sorry I wasnt clear earlier, any help you can offer i would much
appreciate

thanks for replying

Nick

0
Nickooo87
1/20/2010 6:19:46 PM
In article <05f7d9f5-9a11-4f8c-8f2d-
715d10433927@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote:
> On Jan 20, 5:48 pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> > > What i want to beable to do is when the lecturer logs in, go to a page
> > > where they can make the content avaiable to students, where as if the
> > > student logged in and tried to access the data before a lecture it
> > > will be locked unless the lecturer makes it available
> >
> > So you said earlier.  Then I asked a few follow up questions which you
> > haven't answered.  I'm sorry, but I can't offer much help until you do.
> >
> > ========================
> ======
> > PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
> >
> > PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/
> 
> Sorry Steve i didnt realise i hadnt answered your questions!
> 
> What exactly do you mean by "logs in"?  Opens the PPT file over a
> network?  From a web site?  Something else entirely?
> 
> By logs in i mean that i have a form 

Hold up there.  Again:  Over a network?  Is this an application, a web form, 
or what?  What you're doing is obvious to you but you're sitting in front of 
the screen and I can't see through ya!  ;-)

> that has two text boxes on it for
> username and password, for a student they just enter there student
> number and that get stored along side there quiz answers in an access
> database. When the system sees that only the one text box is filled in
> it goes to a certain page, mainly for the student the presentation
> unavaiable page or the first slide of the presentation if it is
> available
> 
> For a lecturer I have defined a password with my vba in powerpoint
> that will take the lecturer to a different slide from the student
> where they are able to click a button to say the presentation is
> available for viewing of a student!
> 
> How will the system know the difference between a lecturer and a
> student?
> 
> This is something i am struggling with, i need the student and the
> lecturer to have different access to the presentation, so the lecturer
> can only make it available, and no student can get into the
> presentation unless the lecturer has made it available! Another page
> will have a button for the lecturer to click if they want to show the
> results of the quiz in a percentage form. However Im not sure if
> something like this is possible inside of 1 presentation as i would
> have to essentially have the presentation look to see who is on the
> page and if it is a student then limited access, however if it is a
> lecturer full access!
> 
> Sorry I wasnt clear earlier, any help you can offer i would much
> appreciate
> 
> thanks for replying
> 
> Nick


==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/


0
Steve
1/20/2010 11:34:04 PM
On Jan 20, 11:34=A0pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> In article <05f7d9f5-9a11-4f8c-8f2d-
>
>
>
> 715d10433...@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote:
> > On Jan 20, 5:48 pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> > > > What i want to beable to do is when the lecturer logs in, go to a p=
age
> > > > where they can make the content avaiable to students, where as if t=
he
> > > > student logged in and tried to access the data before a lecture it
> > > > will be locked unless the lecturer makes it available
>
> > > So you said earlier. =A0Then I asked a few follow up questions which =
you
> > > haven't answered. =A0I'm sorry, but I can't offer much help until you=
 do.
>
> > > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D
> > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> > > PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> > > PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/
>
> > Sorry Steve i didnt realise i hadnt answered your questions!
>
> > What exactly do you mean by "logs in"? =A0Opens the PPT file over a
> > network? =A0From a web site? =A0Something else entirely?
>
> > By logs in i mean that i have a form
>
> Hold up there. =A0Again: =A0Over a network? =A0Is this an application, a =
web form,
> or what? =A0What you're doing is obvious to you but you're sitting in fro=
nt of
> the screen and I can't see through ya! =A0;-)
>
>
>
> > that has two text boxes on it for
> > username and password, for a student they just enter there student
> > number and that get stored along side there quiz answers in an access
> > database. When the system sees that only the one text box is filled in
> > it goes to a certain page, mainly for the student the presentation
> > unavaiable page or the first slide of the presentation if it is
> > available
>
> > For a lecturer I have defined a password with my vba in powerpoint
> > that will take the lecturer to a different slide from the student
> > where they are able to click a button to say the presentation is
> > available for viewing of a student!
>
> > How will the system know the difference between a lecturer and a
> > student?
>
> > This is something i am struggling with, i need the student and the
> > lecturer to have different access to the presentation, so the lecturer
> > can only make it available, and no student can get into the
> > presentation unless the lecturer has made it available! Another page
> > will have a button for the lecturer to click if they want to show the
> > results of the quiz in a percentage form. However Im not sure if
> > something like this is possible inside of 1 presentation as i would
> > have to essentially have the presentation look to see who is on the
> > page and if it is a student then limited access, however if it is a
> > lecturer full access!
>
> > Sorry I wasnt clear earlier, any help you can offer i would much
> > appreciate
>
> > thanks for replying
>
> > Nick
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

haha It is just a macro enabled presentation that is linked to an
access database, just a normal presentation at the moment, i do intend
to put it across a network with the presentation client side and the
access database server side! At the moment im building the prototype
and if it all works well then i will be purchasing some server space
to put it onto!
0
Nickooo87
1/20/2010 11:58:03 PM
> haha It is just a macro enabled presentation that is linked to an
> access database, just a normal presentation at the moment, i do intend
> to put it across a network with the presentation client side and the
> access database server side! At the moment im building the prototype
> and if it all works well then i will be purchasing some server space
> to put it onto!

I dunno ... it sounds like you're making this WAY more complicated than it 
needs to be, but maybe I'm missing some of the details you've got in mind.  




==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/


0
Steve
1/21/2010 4:30:02 PM
On Jan 21, 4:30=A0pm, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:
> > haha It is just a macro enabled presentation that is linked to an
> > access database, just a normal presentation at the moment, i do intend
> > to put it across a network with the presentation client side and the
> > access database server side! At the moment im building the prototype
> > and if it all works well then i will be purchasing some server space
> > to put it onto!
>
> I dunno ... it sounds like you're making this WAY more complicated than i=
t
> needs to be, but maybe I'm missing some of the details you've got in mind=
.. =A0
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> PPT Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> PPTools add-ins for PowerPointhttp://www.pptools.com/

I think i have made it sound more complicated than it is becuase its
really confusing reading what ive wrote!

What im looking to do is store a value in powerpoint set at zero for
instance, then a certain slide will read that value and if it is still
at 0 then pop up a message to say presentation is not available and
close. Then i need to have another page on with a button that will
overwrite that value to a 1. Then from that the page from before will
read that it is a 1 so the presentation is available so it carrys on
with the presentation.

eg If available.text=3D0 then msgbox'not available' exit
    else if available.text=3D 1 then
activepresentation.slideshow.view.slide (5).

then for button page

sub available_click

available.text=3D'1'

end sub

Something along those lines? thats what im working with at the moment!

Another question I would like to ask, Is it possible to deny access to
one slide in a presentation or possibley hide a slide?

Thanks for your help and replying

Nick
0
Nickooo87
1/22/2010 12:10:24 AM
> What im looking to do is store a value in powerpoint set at zero for
> instance, 

Like so:

ActivePresentation.Tags.Add "SomeValue", "0"

> then a certain slide will read that value and if it is still
> at 0 then pop up a message to say presentation is not available and
> close.

If ActivePresentation.Tags("SomeValue") = "0" Then
    MsgBox "Go 'way.  Come back later."
    ActivePresentation.Close
End If

> Then i need to have another page on with a button that will
> overwrite that value to a 1. 

ActivePresentation.Tags.Add "SomeValue", "1"

> Then from that the page from before will
> read that it is a 1 so the presentation is available so it carrys on
> with the presentation.

If ActivePresentation.Tags("SomeValue") = "1" Then
    ' do whatever's needed here.
End If

Tags are stored in the presentation itself; they're permanent, unlike 
variables.

> Another question I would like to ask, Is it possible to deny access to
> one slide in a presentation or possibley hide a slide?

Deny access, no. Not completely, but a slide can be hidden; it won't appear 
during a slide show, but will in normal view.

Depending on the version of PPT, just rightclick the slide's thumbnail in the 
thumbs pane or slide sorter view and choose Hide Slide.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/


0
Steve
1/22/2010 5:00:02 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

no update avail for ofc2k3 sp3 on windows 7 ?
windows 7 update find any security update for small business office 2k3 with sp3 applied. is this unseal? Could you re-write your message in Standard English so that German Swines can understand you. These groups are read by people for whom English is a second or even third language. They only understand Standard English or what we call Queens English! Thank you. "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message news:ucY9BywxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > windows 7 update find any security update for small business office...

Error deleting record
I have a form and subform combination for entering two related records, an Inventory item Master definition and an Inventory item sub definition. The master information is on the main form and the sub definition is on the subform. I have coded logic to delete the master record that is automatically written by Access when the user tabs from the main form into the subform IN THE EVENT that the user enters no information into the subform and exits from/closes the main form using the exit button I've provided. When I test this code, I get error 2046 "The command or action acCmd...

colour cells using VBA
Hi New to VBA so apologies in advance if a dumb question! I have managed to get to the following which is working well but I now want corresponding cells in the "k" column to change to specific colours based on the data in "I" and "J" columns and seem to have put myself in a corner - what os the best way to write such a request please? 'Convert to FMECA format, and set matrix row If consequence = "A - Almost Certain" Or LCase(consequence) = "a" Or LCase(consequence) = "a" Or LCase(consequence) = "...

Runtime error while using excel help
I get the below error message "A Runtime Error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line: 0 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method" This message comes up when I'm using Excel 2002 help. However, the message only comes up when I click on the See Also link. To see this link, type in "LEFT worksheet function" under type keywords in help and click search. Any help would be appreciated in trying to solve this. ...

Using a text box to enter in a password.
Hello everyone, I have created a login form for our users to enter their user ID and password into two text boxes. The first text box, the users enter in their employee ID, which is alpha-numeric, and the second text box is where the user enters in their password, using the input mask of astericks (*). I am seeing odd behavior in the password section of my form. If a user has a passowrd called "MYpassword", any leading capitals will be converted to lowercase and will read "Mypassword". We have had our users choose another password without any leading capital letters after...

creating and using cell references
I create 2 cell references using ADDRESS() in a column. How do I use these created cell references to sum the numbers? Appreciate your help. joeZy Here's an example: =SUM(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,1)),INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,2))) Excel Support Technician www.canhelpyou.com ----------------------------------------------------------- ----------- Every member of the CanHelpYou team holds at least a Microsoft Level 1 Excel certification. In addition, we have experts in PowerPoint, Word and other products such as IIS, SQL Server 2000, network connectivity. >-----Original Message----- >I c...

Interrupting long calculations in Excel? Hi all, I am having a very long calculation in Excel using VBA. Of course I know I can hit ESC or CTRL+BREAK to interrupt the VBA program. But I found du
Interrupting long calculations in Excel? Hi all, I am having a very long calculation in Excel using VBA. Of course I know I can hit ESC or CTRL+BREAK to interrupt the VBA program. But I found due to too long running process, the Excel window stop to respond for very long time, besically it's like "not responding" situation with "not responding" on the windows title bar... It doesn't seem to accept any more key strokes, not to say ESC or CTRL +BREAK. What can I do to rein/stop my program? Thanks Try this to speed up execution Application.ScreenUpdating = FA...

Which Icon should I use?
I want to know what is the dimension and the number of colors of the following icons. 1. Icon shown in the task bar 2. Icon shown in the title bar 3. Icon shown in the Explorer Thanks.~~ -- My C++ and C# ( Traditional Chinese ) Web Site : www.franzwong.com/Home.php These icons are created for you (IDR_MAINFRAME) by the app wizard. You will find two sizes of these in resource editor(32x32 and 16x16). I have never investigated other sizes but I gather that would be OK but MFC may not like it. As far as colors are concerened, its number is limited by resource editor capability. You can use...

Using value from 2 tables to fill a cell
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks I need to know the formula (without using VB) to have the Denta Premium and Extended Health Premium taking from two charts/tables ( can put these on the same worksheet or different worksheet within th same workbook, I have no preference) For example below: I enter the name (Test in example), Plan (AA in example), and statu (Family in example). I would like a formula that would fill in th Dental Premium and Extended Health Premium from the following tw charts/tables. Name Test Plan AA Status Family Dental Premium $47.00 Extended Health Premi...

Quantity Requisitioned: where used?
Hi, In "Cards > Inventory > Vendor" I see there is a field called "Requisitioned". I also see a field called "Requisitioned" in "Cards > Inventory > Quantities/Sites". If in "Cards > Inventory > Vendor" I enter a quantity of 25 Requisitioned for an Assigned Vendor ID and close that window. Then I then go to "Cards > Inventory > Quantities/Sites", select an Assigned Site, I notice that I can also enter a different quantity for Requisitioned (like 75). In this case, I see that 75 will be displayed in &q...

UML use case text not wrapping
Has anybody find an answer to the problem of the text not wrapping ? I saw several posts, but no answers, is the answer to obvious to post? The word "connection" becomes connectio n. Not pretty. I cant show this to my team of programmers...Changing the protection to allow "width and height" changes, does nothing. There seems to be noway to resize these animals! You can unprotect the shape and chane the size of the shape, text box or both. Protection is on the Format menu, you may have to open the shapesheet for other protection settings. John... Visio MVP Ne...

Using XML to serialize a SQL Query
Let me state up front that I know very little about XML. My experience is pretty much limited using the XML Serializer to serialize a user preferences class to a file and back again. I'm writing a rules engine for an application that basically involves allowing the user to enter the the WHERE clause for a SQL Server query that becomes the rule. The rules will be stored in a SQL Server database and the user will be able to make changes to the rules. The rules are entered through a non-freeform interface, so I don't have to try and parse the rule after the user enters it. However...

Using A Find Result in a Range
Hello, I'm trying to search for a word on a spreadsheet, in this case the word "Label." I then want to copy everything from A1 to the row above that word "Label" and paste it to a new spreadsheet. I've got everything worked out except how to use the Find Result address in a new range. I'm sure it's simple, so simple I can't find it in any tutorial. Currently I have to look in each spreadsheet for the last row of the range I want to copy and type the copy range manually into the code for each of the multiple spec sheet spreadsheets I'm att...

Is there a free toolbar button library available anywhere
I am looking for a cataloged of typically 15x16 images for use on toolbars. Does a free public collection of these exist? http://www.glyfx.com/ has free icon set for basic commands. There are quite a lot of free icons libraries in Inet, but none of them provide professional looking icons for serious applications. If you are looking for various 'childish' (imho) icons, check these: http://www.iheartny.com/xicons/ http://www.iconfactory.com/show.asp http://www.tss2000.nl/site_pages/index.php?CV=1 http://www.tss2000.nl/site_pages/index.php?CV=1 http://www.foood.net/ For business use, y...

SaveAs using two cells for filename
I'm trying to save a file with two cells of data to create the filename. Here is the code: Dim fname With ActiveWorkbook fname = .Worksheets(1).Range("B4").Value & .Range("E6") & ".xls" ..SaveAs fname End With I'm getting stopped on the fname line. I don't think I have the combination right. Can you help? Dim fname as String With ActiveWorkbook.worksheets(1) fname = .Range("B4").Value & .Range("E6") & ".xls" .SaveAs fname End With You missed the .worksheets(1) in front of E6. Any chance that one...

After using MAPI function in Outlook 2003, Can No Longer Retrieve Mail using Outlook
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with the Outlook Connector 12.0.6407.1000 to retrieve my Windows Live Hotmail mail. It has worked fine. However, I lost my ability to retrieve my WL Hotmail with Outlook ever since, about five days ago, I used Word 2007 and the MAPI function to try to send a document to someone. That MAPI-sent document got stuck in Outlook's outbox (I just found out). I have since removed it from Outlook's outbox. Since that time, I cannot retrieve mail from WL Hotmail using Outlook. I get this error message: ********* Errors : Time: 11/19/2008 10:45:38 PM Erro...

Memory use for int, long, etc
I have to load some 400,000 (perhaps upto 1,200,000) numbers in memory, none of them larger than 100. I am looking for ways to reduce the memory load. If I store each as an int, would i use 400,000 bytes of physical mem? If I store four numbers per long, would i use 100,000 bytes of physical mem? In other words, what is the most efficient of storing the lot? Appreciated. Alexander wrote: > I have to load some 400,000 (perhaps upto 1,200,000) numbers in memory, > none of them larger than 100. I am looking for ways to reduce the > memory load. > > If I store each as an int,...

Passing parameters using URL in isv.config.xml
I am trying to pass parameters using isv.config.xml's URL and receive parameters in asp. I have set the passparams="1" and winmode="0", since I want to open up a webpage. Using winmode="1" or "2", I am able to get the guid using windows dialog arguments, thats not really I want as I need to access the webpage which has javascripts which will not work on posbacks. I am having trouble how to pass parameters dynamically using winmode="0". Part of the isvconfig script: <Entity name="new_entity"> <Grid> <MenuBar> ...

Email report in PDF Format using a Macro
Using a macro I can generate and export files in pdf format. Then I have to create an email, attach the report and send. Is there a way to email a report in pdf format directly from Access utilizing a macro? I don't have an answer for you but a question. I am trying to do what you have accomplised but don't know how. Thanks "lreecher" wrote: > Using a macro I can generate and export files in pdf format. Then I have to > create an email, attach the report and send. Is there a way to email a report > in pdf format directly from Access utilizing a macro? Once ...

Forms Buttons for use with macro
Bear with me - haven't been on newsgroups in a while. Win 2003 XP PC Colleague is putting buttons (with macros) into a spreadsheet but would like to color them. I can't see where you could. Or can they? Tnx Pat Tell your colleague to use the command button from the Control toolbox toolbar. Rightclick on it in design mode and show its properties. Change the .backcolor. Or tell him/her to use a shape from the drawing toolbar and color it anyway he/she wants. "Ms. Tude" wrote: > > Bear with me - haven't been on newsgroups in a while. > > Win 2003 XP ...

how to calculate billable rate using base rate and percentage
I have a billable rate of $70 with a mark up percentage of 17.65%. How do I calculate the base rate? Hi 70/1.1765 so 70/1.1765 = 59.5 59.5*17.65%=10.51+59.5=70 -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "Felicia Pickett" wrote: > I have a billable rate of $70 with a mark up percentage of 17.65%. How do I > calculate the base rate? (1+.1765)*X=70 X=70/(1.1765) X=59.50 Regards, Fred "Felicia Pickett" <FeliciaPickett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB923CF3-3657-4D7C-8...

Help with Formula using Analysis ToolPack Function ISODD #4
Hi Peo, Thank you for all your time and help: the formula works perfectly. Tin� Peo Sjoblom Wrote: > > This works for me > =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(INDEX(ROOMS,ROW(1:1),),2)=1)) > > copied down, if you copy accross replace > ROW(1:1) with COLUMN(A:A) > > Regards, > Peo Sjoblom > > "Tin�" <Tin.1eji6m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message > news:Tin.1eji6m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > > > Hi Peo, > > > > Thank you for assistance. The formula is fine - but is there a wa > I > > can avoid manually changing t...

What if scenarios using multiple worksheets
Dear Friends Is it possible to have scenarios in XL 2003 across 2 or more worksheets? Which means, for example, I had some chaging cells in one sheet other cells in another worksheet and the result in the first one. I have tried lately but I got an error message. The same problem I have encountered with the Solver. How could I overcome this issue? Thanks in advance, Catalin If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line ...

Contacts not available when making new email
I have 2 computers on a home network. I can get Outlook to work on both of them (not at the same time) but on one of them the contact list is not available when I am making a new email. (On the other computer when I make a new email I can click on the "TO" button and a list of my contacts comes up for me to select from). It is really handy and I would like it to do the same on my other computer. Thanks so much in advance for your help. -- Lynn Scott Lynn Scott <LynnScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have 2 computers on a home network. I can get Outlook to ...

IT Architecture-2 days hands-on workshop-Group Discounts Available
Realizing Practical vision of the IT systems with Enterprise Architecture, SOA & MDA. This is a 2 - day workshop conducted in Seven major cities in India by Practicing Architect & C E O, iCMG Mr. Sunil Dutt Jha. Mumbai(22-23 Dec'08) Bangalore (29-30 Dec'08) Pune (19-20 Jan'09) Chennai (22- 23 Jan '09) Hyderabad(27 - 28 Jan '09) Delhi (09 - 10 Feb '09) & Kolkata As an architecture coach/mentor, have taught enterprise & software architecture classes to over 5,000 professionals (cumulative) across the Globe. It benefits one who want to learn how peer...