after each slide return to a certain slide

I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the
answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I
need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide?

Thanks

On 2/22/10 11:01 AM, Mary Sue wrote:
> I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the
> answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I
> need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide?
>
> Thanks

Here are a couple of things to try:

(1) If they click on a button, just set the button's action setting to
hyperlink to Last Slide Viewed.

(2) If they can click anywhere, it might be feasible to place a 99%
transparent shape over the whole slide, and do #1 for that shape.

(3) Alternatively, you could make a custom show and only have the one
slide in it. Have the link go to the custom show, not the slide, and be
sure to check the box for Show and Return. That way, whatever takes you
off the slide (other than clicking on a button to hyperlink somewhere)
will go back to the original slide.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

 After you are done presenting all your other objects in your slide(I am not
fully aware if you are using images, blocks of text or just one single object
with no animation) make your button appear at the end and click on it to take
you back to the slide you selected earlier in the Action Settings window.

Hope this helps,

Vicente Tulliano

"Mary Sue" wrote:

> I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the
> answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I
> need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide?
>
> Thanks
Make each answer slide a single slide custom show

When you create the hyperlink > Custom Show tick the show and Return box.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"Mary Sue" wrote:

> I have a game created in powerpoint, when asked the question and given the
> answer I need to return to the same slide where the questions are, what do I
> need to do this so when I click the mouse it returns to that slide?
>
> Thanks

Rule to forward e-mail but only between certain hours of the day
Is there anyway to get an Outlook rule in Exchange to forward e-mails received during certain hours of the day. E.g. only e-mails received at the weekend. Either using regular Exchange or with an add-in to Exchange. Ideally I would like the solution to forward only certain fields from the e-mail. Thanks. ...

Headers, footers, AutoText, hard return
I am using Word 2003 on a Windows XP platform. I posted this same question a couple of hours ago, and then I could not find my post. Sorry if this is a repeat. I am creating AutoText entries for headers and footers, including HeaderOdd, HeaderEven, FooterOdd, FooterEven, and FooterFirst. My HeaderOdd AutoText, for example, contains: Chapter {Field}: {Field} The problem is that when put my cursor in the header, and I insert the HeaderOdd AutoText into the header field, Word inserts a hard return, which creates an extra blank line in the header under my AutoText content. It ...

Find a value in a workbook and return the worksheet name
I have an Excel workbook (call it Workbook A) with one worksheet for every day of the year since July 1, each containing, among other things, a list of order numbers for that day. In another workbook (Workbook B), I have a smaller list of order numbers. What I would like to do is write some kind of function in Workbook B so that, for each order number in the smaller list, it will look for that same order number in Workbook A (it could be in any worksheet in Workbook A) and return the name of the worksheet -- the date for the order. Does such a function exist? Many thanks for any help....

query returns in different columns projects from different phases
I have a tblProject that contains projects and their phase of execution. Each project can be in one of the following three phases: Portfolio, Pre-project or Execution I want to show a table in a form containing the names of projects in each phase. I thought of using a query where the columns are the project phases and the query would return the names of the projects in each of these phases. Let’s say the query result would be: PORTFOLIO PRE-PROJECT EXECUTION Projetct1 Projetct4 Projetct5 Project2 Project7 Projetct6 Projetct3 ...

Return a value if criteria contained in cell
I would like to return a value if criteria is met. If A2 contains the word "apples", then in cell B2, write "apples". If A2 contains the word "oranges, then in cell B2, write "oranges". If A2 does not contain the words "apples" or "oranges", leave the cell blank. Can you help me with a formula for this? Thanks in advance. IF(OR(A2="apples",A2="oranges"),A2,"") "jhicsupt" wrote: > I would like to return a value if criteria is met. > > If A2 contains the word "apples", then in...

Returning a range from a function
I'm new to VB macros.... I'd like to create a function that returns data to a range of cells instead of just one cell. Does anyone know how this would be accomplished? Or should I be using a Sub? Is that easier? Thanks! Array entering the function into a range of the size required to accommodate the output should work. Alan Beban Avery Salter wrote: > I'm new to VB macros.... > > I'd like to create a function that returns data to a range of cells > instead of just one cell. Does anyone know how this would be > accomplished? Or should I be using a Sub?...

Copying Vlookup Returns Same Lookup Value
The Vlookup I created is returning the correct value for the first record, but when I copy the lookup down the rest of the column, it simply copies the value returned for the first record. What's up with this? I've done a lot of lookups and it hasn't done this before. My guess is that it has something to do with the formatting, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Please help! Thanks, Chris christopher.margol@gmail.com wrote: > The Vlookup I created is returning the correct value for the first > record, but when I copy the lookup down the rest of the column, ...

Date formula: return Quarter and Fiscal Year of a date
Hello, I'm having problems with the following... my company has a 9/30 fiscal year end. I am trying to create a formula that looks at a date that will be input and will return the following: - The fiscal quarter - the fiscal year. For example, A2 has a date of 10/28/06. I would like a formula to return the fiscal quarter and year: Quarter 1 FY06. Thanks in advance for your help! Rob, based on the assumption that your date is in Cell A1, I think the following might work. =CONCATENATE(IF(MONTH(A1)<4,"Quarter 2",IF(MONTH(A1)<7,"Quarter 3",IF(MONTH(A...

Sum If
I have the following data: Col D Col E Col I Part Numbers Part Unit Cost Extended Value Question 1: How do I sum the number of unique parts in the following ranges (<=$25, $26-50, $51-100, $101-$500, $501-1,000, >$1,001)? I was able to do it by part, but not unique part. I am trying to avoid duplicates. Question 2: How do I sum the dollar value associated with those ranges? So I would be able to say I have 10 unique parts in the <$25 category, with a total extended value of $XXX (this should include the duplicate parts si...

Searching for clip art returns nothing like the word popcorn
Within the clip art search string I'm looking for popcorn and on this desktop nothing shows. If I go to another desktop it returns many items. Are you connected? Is your firewall letting you view the clipart? Can you go straight to the Office clipart site, copy/paste into your publication? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/FX101321031033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A69A85-5DF5-4F92-915C-B3F4B51E840D@microsoft.com... > Within the clip art search string I'm looking for popcorn...

the address returned from "new" statement is 4-byte aligned?
Hi i'm using intel P4. when I write the statement like char *p=new char[512] what's the p value, is it aligned by 4 bytes? that's is p%4==0? and, now I'm using the Intel SSE2 instruction to do some fast algorthm, some instructions I need to move data from memory to XMM0 registers(which is 128 bits) should be be aligned on 16-byte boundaries. so, how can use these Instructions when I should take some operations on data just "new" on the heap. Is there any suggestions to solve this problems? thanks It is likely; in fact, it is probably true that p%8==0. But tha...

Return a value from another table
Hello, I come from an Excel background so please excuse my limited knowledge of Access and natural tendancy to use my Excel experience to try to resolve my problem in Access. I have created a Query1 from a Table1 including using various expressions to populate calculated fields and worked out everything with the help of this site except the following problem: Table1 is a list of Members details. I have a Table2 which details which members have made a payment (an amount or a zero in the respective column). Both tables must remain seperate. There is a reference field common to both ...

'Unavailable critical extension' returned when LDAP directory => W2K3 AD
On XP and Outlook 2003, Tools/E-mail Accounts LDAP directory pointing to a W2K3 AD, after about 20 seconds, the error 'Unavailable critical extension' is returned, however I can still use Advanced and can succesfully find the desired recipients.. When using NT4, Window 98, and Winodws XP Address Book using the same LDAP directory settings, the search is instantaneous and without the error Any clues as to why and how to fix.. I have tried this with 2 different ADs' with the same error. thanks, -tom ...

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."
Hi, I am getting this error error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post- Build Event..." Not sure how to get rid of it. Can anyone please help? I am not sure what more info you will need to help me? Please let me know Thanks TS On Aug 12, 10:33=A0pm, Trups <Samant.Tru...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > =A0 I am getting this error > =A0error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post- > Build Event..." > Not sure how to get rid of it. =A0 Can anyone please help? =A0I am not > sure what more info you will...

AfxBeginThread returning NULL under Windows 98
Hi, I have a Visual C++ .NET (7.0) Windows GUI application that makes the following call to AfxBeginThread: m_pwinthrdUIManager = AfxBeginThread (UIManagerAgentProc,this,THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL,0,CREATE_SU SPENDED); When run on Windows 2000 this call is successfully made and everything works OK. When this application is deployed on Windows 98, the AfxBeginThread call returns NULL which indicates that it failed to correct the worker thread. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to get this to work on Windows 98? Thanks, Jim GetLastError() returns a 0 so that was n...

Add date to slide
I am trying to find out how I automatically can place the saving date of my powerpoint document into my slide. The date should only be change when someone is making changes in the slides and saves the document afterwoods. Thanks in advance Kasper Kasper, Unfortunately there is no such feature in PowerPoint. You can simply insert the current date using the header and footer dialog. That said maybe something can be done using VBA. I'm sure someone will drop in to help you if that is possible. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Kasper" wrote: > I am trying t...

Run Query
Is there anyway in which I can run a select query, but only return say the first ten rows to save time? Running a query against a million records takes some time and whilst making ammendments I quickly want to review some of the returned formats (say the first ten). Ta Change the SQL statement from: SELECT ...... to SELELCT TOP 10 ..... For the TOP statement to work you need to have a sort field or ORDER BY clause. HOWEVER, it still needs to search through all the records. An index on the sorted field(s) can help. Better yet would by criteria or a WHERE clause to limit the records. ...

Reference to cell with text is returning #VALUE
I have a cell that references a different cell that that consists of H9:J9 that is formated for and contains text. The referenceing cell shows #VALUE instead of the actual text that is in the cell? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated. What does your formula look like? A simple link formula can only reference a single cell. Like this: =H9 You can't reference a range of cells like this: =H9:J9 That is why you're getting the error. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jorist" <Jorist@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

is there a slide design that looks like two pages of an open book
I'm trying to make a presentation for a photo essay and I'd like to present it so each slide looks like two pages of an open book. Crystal Graphics has a book transition. http://www.crystalgraphics.com/presentations/transitions.gallery7.asp#click I think Glenna Shaw has a tutorial about how to do it yourself, but I can't find it. Ah, wait, here it is: http://www.powerpointmagician.com/articles/3Dtransitions.htm Julie Terberg created a nice book that animates page turns. To get her samples (which you can modify), go here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Query based upon another query not returning decimal data
I have Qry2 based upon Qry1 and that query is based on a linked table in SQL 2005. Fld1 and Fld2 are in the table and defined as decimal(28,18) in SQL. Qry1 returns records containing Fld1 & Fld2 without any problems. Qry2 is a Crosstab query performing a Group By / Row Heading on Fld1 and a sum value on Fld2. Qry2 gets an error on Fld1 stating "Invalid Precision for decimal data type". If I use the CDec function on it, the error for this field does not appear any more - but then after some processing, I get this error on Fld2: "Invalid scale for decimal data type&...

How do you link shared spreadsheets and reference certain cells
I replied to an eartlier post and didn't want it to get buried so reposting. Sorry if breaking etiquette. How do you do a sum? I am getting errors with this: =SUM('\\share\ACCT[04Timecards.xls]Linda'!C2:C10) I have tried moving the quotes, changing to dbl quotes, removing them altogether with no luck. The file is on a shared drive, not mapped. Maybe it has to be a mapped drive? It is on a local PC that another PC has to reference to. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Hi >are you looking for linking individual cells. If yes use something like >the following fo...

Footer information not appearing in PowerPoint2010 slides
In the Footer of my Slide master (and also in the "Title" and "Title and Content" slides) I put the word Slide followed by a space and then used the Slide Number on Insert/Text/Slide Number to place a page number place holder. On all of the slides the word "Slide" appears in the footer followed by the Pgae Number place holder instead of the slide number. How do I get the slide number to appear? I would copy the little page number and carets symbol <#> from the actual Slide Number placeholder. Or I'd turn on the Slide Number placeholder...

Auth SMTP
I am having a strange problem with my Exchange 2000 running on 2003 Server/AD. Auth smtp is configured, so remote users can relay from outside the office network via a second virtual SMTP server listening on port 587. STrangely, some users - all existing AD user accounts - cannot send mail through that connection, even though the authentication succeeds. After the command "mail from: $username" the mail server says: 454 5.7.3 Client does not have permission to Send As this sender. Connection closed by foreign host. When $username is an existing user. However, I have create...

Need to compare 2 tables and only pull certain records from one ta
I have a monthly sales file that contains several invoices that allows duplicate records of parts. My second table is a different sales file that also contains several invoices and allows duplicate records. I want to match from the second table as a basis. How do I pull matching invoices from the two tables without pulling all the data from the first monthly sales file? UNTESTED UNTESTED SELECT SecondTable.* FROM SecondTable INNER JOIN FirstTable ON SecondTable[Invoices] = (SELECT FirstTable.[Invoices] FROM FirstTable GROUP BY FirstTable.[Invoices]) ORDER BY SecondT...

Messages to a certain email address blocked???
I am getting the following errormessage when anyone in our organisation tries to email a certain client - any ideas/suggestions? The clients email address works fine when used via webmail ... There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <finessepublishing.co.uk #5.5.0 smtp;550 User does not exist to you> Kevin Holloway, Finesse Kevin-Finesse <Kevin-Finesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting the following errormessage when anyone in our organisation tries >to...