A0 page size | PP slow

Dear all,

I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP,
and PP is getting really slow?

What to do?

Can I clear undo history or something like that?

Thanks
Benjamin
0
benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed, but I'm
not sure that will help with the "slows".  How large is the saved file?

Bill Dilworth

"benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedrich@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP,
> and PP is getting really slow?
>
> What to do?
>
> Can I clear undo history or something like that?
>
> Thanks
> Benjamin

0
Bill
2/15/2010 4:30:01 PM
Dear Bill,

The A0 poster has a file size of just 14Mb.

Strangely enough, I can edit much bigger slide shows with 50Mb without
PP becoming so slow.

Benjamin

On Feb 15, 6:30=A0pm, "Bill Dilworth" <vestpr...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed, but I=
'm
> not sure that will help with the "slows". =A0How large is the saved file?
>
> Bill Dilworth
>
> "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Dear all,
>
> > I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP,
> > and PP is getting really slow?
>
> > What to do?
>
> > Can I clear undo history or something like that?
>
> > Thanks
> > Benjamin

0
benjamin
2/16/2010 7:05:17 AM
It could be that PP renders some elements during editing as bitmaps of
the very large size, causing heavy memory consumption, which are not
reflected in the size of the disk file. This might be due to a bug or by
design.

Note that if you want to print at A0 the file needs not be that large -
an A4 file can be enlarged during printing. At A4 the file could be very
swift.

> Dear Bill,
>
> The A0 poster has a file size of just 14Mb.
>
> Strangely enough, I can edit much bigger slide shows with 50Mb without
> PP becoming so slow.
>
> Benjamin
>
> On Feb 15, 6:30�pm, "Bill Dilworth" <vestpr...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi Benjamin,
>>
>> Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed,
>> but I
> 'm
>> not sure that will help with the "slows". �How large is the saved
>> file?
>>
>> Bill Dilworth
>>
>> "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Dear all,
>>
>> > I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP,
>> > and PP is getting really slow?
>>
>> > What to do?
>>
>> > Can I clear undo history or something like that?
>>
>> > Thanks
>> > Benjamin

0
Matti
2/16/2010 12:09:29 PM
You want to be very careful that images are not downsized or "right sized"
during the save process if you plan on enlarging .

Bill D

"Matti Vuori" <xmvuori@kolumbus.fi> wrote in message
> It could be that PP renders some elements during editing as bitmaps of
> the very large size, during printing.causing heavy memory consumption,
> which are not
> reflected in the size of the disk file. This might be due to a bug or by
> design.
>
> Note that if you want to print at A0 the file needs not be that large -
> an A4 file can be enlarged during printing. At A4 the file could be very
> swift.
>

> "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedrich@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Dear Bill,
>>
>> The A0 poster has a file size of just 14Mb.
>>
>> Strangely enough, I can edit much bigger slide shows with 50Mb without
>> PP becoming so slow.
>>
>> Benjamin
>>
>> On Feb 15, 6:30 pm, "Bill Dilworth" <vestpr...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Benjamin,
>>>
>>> Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed,
>>> but I
>> 'm
>>> not sure that will help with the "slows". How large is the saved
>>> file?
>>>
>>> Bill Dilworth
>>>
>>> "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
Bill

Database Size Not Reducing
I ran mailbox management and removed about 4GB of data from my information store but my file size seems to remain the same even days later. Is there a way to force an online defrag because it must not be happening and I am a little worried that since I only have 1.8GB left on that drive it is going to continue to fill up. Will it just overwrite the newly created white space (if thats the right term), or will it continute to write to the end of the database? Thank you "Ketta" <no@post.net> wrote: >I ran mailbox management and removed about 4GB of data from my informati...

unable to send/receive mails after pst size 1.9GB
Dear All, I am using Microsoft Office 2003. Earlier I was using office 97. Whenever PST size of my mailbox increased upto 1.9GB. I am unable to send and receive the mails. As per my knowledge Outlook 2003 supports upto 20GB. After creating the new PST, I am able to send / receive the mails. Please help me. Thanks in Advance. Deepak Sharma "Deepak Sharma" <DeepakSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:39B6AEC4-2C66-4CFF-B497-72418CDF29E0@microsoft.com... > I am using Microsoft Office 2003. Earlier I was using office 97. Whenever > PST size o...

Solver slow
I have a large workbook that includes a macro that first sets calculation mode to manual and then starts the Solver. All data and calculations used by the Solver are located in a single worksheet. It is really slow. It is like if the Solver is doing an "Application.Calculate" at each iteration, calculating all worksheets, which would make sense. - Am I right thinking that the Solver use "Application.Calculate"? - If yes, is it possible to specify to the Solver to calculate only a given worksheet? Thanks. ...

ListBox Size and Screen Resolution
Hi! I am having difficulty with an ActiveX listbox on a worksheet and differing screen resolutions. The listbox keeps changing sizes depending on the screen resolution. For example, I created a new workbook while in 1440x900 mode, added a listbox control, and saved the workbook and closed Excel. Next, I changed to 1920x1200 and reopened the workbook. Now, clicking in and out of "Design Mode" causes the font size in the box to continually get bigger until all that is left is a black box where the listbox was. Next, I saved the workbook, changed back to 1440x90...

Page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page
Hello. What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page. -(Page) at (SectionPages)- Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it to be 1 to 5 ex. My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an independent section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count for a single section? Please Help Instead of using section breaks around the title, I would pro...

slow to open files
Hello, Excel 2007 files are very, very slow to open. I have saved my 2003 files to the 2007 format and they still open slowly. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything that can be done about it. I have noticed it on two different computers (both running Windows XP). Thanks................SBennett ...

Excel 2003 slow to respond
Everytime I open a Workbook in Excel it takes about 30-60 seconds to open. When I click Save it takes double the time. When moving from cell to cell there is about a 3 second delay. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?? Thanks!!! Fenny ...

Page Margins
I've screwed with margin guides and page layout to no effect. My flyer still will not print without being cut off. Why can't this program print what I have on the screen? On the screen the pictures and text are WELL WITHIN the margin guides, yet when printing the bottom portion is always cut off. I know the printer type will have some effect but it shouldn't be that much. The screen shows my picture about an inch from the bottom margin yet the printout is cut off by an inch. This is not a Publisher problem. Look into getting a printer driver update from the manufacture...

Page Subtotals
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that is printed weekly that spans many pages. Each page includes a page total and a grand total. Currently, each page is a seperate sheet with the totals manually placed at the bottom. I would like to combine the entire spreadsheet into one sheet. I can repeat rows at the top of each page for the heading. However, how can I have a subtotal on each printed page, regardless of the page breaks, as well as a grand total of all previous data? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steven You got mail! "scox@thecrossgroup.com" wrote: &...

page number in each section
Hi there I have several section and the footer shows page # of #. In each section, I want it to start at 1 of number of pages in the section. I figured out how to change the first number so it is correct-- but I can not figure out how to change the total number of pages in the document to the total number of pages in the section. How do you change it so is show the total number of pages in the section? -- Thank-you! Ruth Use the SectionPages field instead of NumPages. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mv...

spreadsheet prints on multiple pages
We recently installed 4 identical computers in our office. We are using Excel XP. Three of the computers print fine. The different spreadsheet templates we use all print correctly. However, the fourth computer does not. The fonts do not look correct and the cell sizes are all changed. Therefore, when it prints, it prints on multiple pages instead of one page. These files all come from the same location on the network. If we save one that does not print correctly from that computer and open on another computer, then it prints fine. The only way I can correct the problem is to set the ...

select a range of pages to delete in MS Publisher
Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks that deleting one (or two pages if you are in the two-page-spread view) is obnoxiously time-consumming. There should be a dialog box that lets you choose which pages to delete. In the help files, it even tells you that it is best to delete four pages at a time, but you still have to delete pages one or two pages at a time. This is ridiculous! Hope someone will consider fixing it in the next releas.e ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

Page 1 of X
I think I already know the answer to this, but forgive me for asking it again. On the lower right corner of views, CRM shows Page 1 with the navigation arrows. Is there any way to show page 1 of X, where X is somehow predetermined? Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Steve Luc Senior Consultant InfoGrow Corp (330)929-1353 x222 Unfortunately, no. This feature has yet to be enhanced to "jump to" the last page. If you have access to SQL, you could do a Count query against the entity's filtered view. But as for the CRM UI, you're stuck clicking and clicking... --MD ...

OWA Logoff Page
I just can't leave well enough alone. I made a change to the boot.ini file, I added the /3GB and /USERVA=3030 options to the file. I restarted the machine. Now, when I logoff OWA, I get a cannot find page error. The .asp page is where the browser is trying to find it. https://domainname/exchweb/bin/USA/logoff.asp Any ideas what I messed up? Thanks, Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I just can't leave well enough alone. I made a change to the boot.ini >file, I added the /3GB and /USERVA=3030 options to the file. I >restarted the machine. Now...

how do I create one publisher .doc file from 12 files w/pages
how do I create one publisher doc from variety of multipage publisher docs. Is there an easy way or must I copy and paste each page from each doc into a new doc. HELP! Looking forward to hearing the answer. I dont know what to look for in the help area, merge? catalogue? -- jane I being a Publisher 2000 user, have only two solutions; in Publisher, copy/paste from one file to the other. or Create a PDF file out of the first file and append PDF files of the other publisher files. Standby for other better methods. Best if you mentioned your version of Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, ...

What is the maximum size of an Outlook 2003 pst.
What is the maximum size of an Outlook 2003 pst. TIA Mario Castillo According to MS there is not a limit. The new file format (Unicode) does not have the same limitations that ANSI .PST's had -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom "Mario Castillo" <mcastillo@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uLGzI28zDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What is the maximum size of an Outlook 2003 pst. > > TIA > Mario Castillo > > The theoretical limit with a unicode .pst file is 32 terrabytes but the...

No size limit but user gets an error
The message in her Outlook says "The message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user." but we do not have any limitations set for anyone's mailbox or for the message transfer. Any ideas why this is popping up? I am thinking may be it is trying to pop up another error message such as memory low on the personal computer or something but the Outlook is showing this error message. Is it possible? Thanks. On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:31:08 -0800, "h gregorian" <hgregorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The message in her Outlook says &...

GP 10.0 home page Runtime Error
Hello: This client was getting the "The specified module could not be found error", upon logging into GP 10.0 for the first time after a new install. I remedied this home page issue, by registering the msxml2.dll file in C:\WINNT\System32. Finally, this got the home page to at least appear. But, now we get this Runtime Error that says "Class not registered". We have installed the XML Parser and the Office 2003 Web Components and have registered the msxml3.dll file. No success. Any ideas? Security is ridiculously tight a this client. Would it do any good to mes...

excel invalid page fault in Excel.exe
I get an invalid page fault when I try to open Excel from programs. I can open it from the start, run menu in safe mode. Any help? Thanks, Russ ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Try the suggestions at www.cpearson.com/excel/startuperrors.htm , especially the section regarding customized toolbar files (xlb files). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP -...

Links Causing File Size Jump
It seems that when I paste links the file size jumps a lot. The sheets are laid out like this - all the sheets have "lookup" formulas which reference a master sheet. There are no macros or anything unusual. I wanted to create an easy print sheet which references all of the other sheets (except the master sheet). So I created a sheet, copied the format of the others and pasted a link to them. The file size jumps immediately. All I need is a print sheet, which makes it easy to print 25 other sheets at once. Any ideas? Using CTRL + Click or SHIFT + Click, select...

Excel 2003 slow to respond #2
Everytime I open a Workbook in Excel it takes about 30-60 seconds to open. When I click Save it takes double the time. When moving from cell to cell there is about a 3 second delay. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?? Thanks!!! Fenny A common suggestion is to clean up your windows temp folder. With excel closed (in fact, close all running applications): Windows start button|run type in: %temp% (a quick way to get to that folder) and delete as much as you can. Then try reopening excel. This sometimes helps with the delay when opening the files--I'm n...

Converting A5 paged document into A4
I have a booklet in A5 page size. I need to convert it into an A4 sized booklet, keeping the same page numbering and the same text on each page but with double the font size - i.e. a Large print copy of the booklet. Is there an easy way of doing this? Hi Gordon, Change to A4, then increase the margins, font size, fixed line heights & table dimensions by as near as you can get to 41.4% to compensate. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uQD9$GqoKHA.5696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I h...

Exchange 2003 Message size limits not working
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster for Mailboxes and 2 Bridgehead Server for SMTP transfer. I have to grow up the maximum message size limit for attachments to 20 MB / 20480 KB. I set the limits described in knowledge base article 322679. In detail : Global setting : send & recive : 50000 kB SMTP Connector setting : 20480 kB SMTP virtual server setting : SMTP bridgehead server : 20480 kB mailbox cluster server : 50000 kB User mailbox setting : unlimited I send a 17 MB pdf file from a user on the mailbox cluster and I get an error: <xxxxxxx #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size ...

How to reduce excel file size ?
I 'm working with many photo inside excel file, my problem now the file size become to big and difficult to edit. How to make file become smaller without affecting the photo quality? Pls help I would not store pictures in Excel if there were more than ten. better to call them up from file. Debra Dalgliesh shows how to insert pictures into a comment using VB at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Picture HTH Peter "geniusideas" wrote: > I 'm working with many photo inside excel file, my problem now the > file size become to big and difficult to edit. Ho...

How can I change the current default size for formatting a picture
When I paste a screen print the format size automatically defaults to 4.5" height. How can I change this to default to another size. Ordinarily, Word will restrain the size of an inline object to margin width. If the screen shot is taken at a 3x4 ratio, and your margin width is the default 6", then the height is going to be 4.5". If you paste into a landscape page, it will be larger. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Curious George" <Curious George@discussions.microsoft.com&...