zz report date truncation

We run only z reports at end of day.  We will be running cashier shifts soon
and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended.  Is there
any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running
since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper?

Thanks in advance!
0
TVhardware (20)
4/8/2006 1:49:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off
your printer before 'printing' the zz report.  Then manually delete all print
tasks for that printer before turning it back on.  The report won't print,
but RMS will think it did.

"TV hardware" wrote:

> We run only z reports at end of day.  We will be running cashier shifts soon
> and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended.  Is there
> any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running
> since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper?
>
> Thanks in advance!
0
Jesse1 (89)
4/8/2006 2:45:02 PM
You can turn off the printer from the POS by pressing, I think, Shift+F9
Printer. You will notice the printer icon on the status bar at the top of
the POS will disappear. To turn it back on press Shift+F9 Printer again.

Rob

"Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off
> your printer before 'printing' the zz report.  Then manually delete all
> print
> tasks for that printer before turning it back on.  The report won't print,
> but RMS will think it did.
>
> "TV hardware" wrote:
>
>> We run only z reports at end of day.  We will be running cashier shifts
>> soon
>> and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended.  Is
>> there
>> any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it
>> running
>> since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

0
Rob
4/8/2006 2:51:50 PM
I checked it, and it's CTRL+F9.  But you're right, that would be easier.  I
can't believe I didn't think of that, I've never used that feature before.

"Rob" wrote:

> You can turn off the printer from the POS by pressing, I think, Shift+F9
> Printer. You will notice the printer icon on the status bar at the top of
> the POS will disappear. To turn it back on press Shift+F9 Printer again.
>
> Rob
>
> "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off
> > your printer before 'printing' the zz report.  Then manually delete all
> > print
> > tasks for that printer before turning it back on.  The report won't print,
> > but RMS will think it did.
> >
> > "TV hardware" wrote:
> >
> >> We run only z reports at end of day.  We will be running cashier shifts
> >> soon
> >> and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended.  Is
> >> there
> >> any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it
> >> running
> >> since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance!

0
Jesse1 (89)
4/8/2006 3:30:02 PM
Thanks for the help.  Closing the printer did the trick.  I can't believe I
didn't think of that either.

"Jesse" wrote:

> I checked it, and it's CTRL+F9.  But you're right, that would be easier.  I
> can't believe I didn't think of that, I've never used that feature before.
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > You can turn off the printer from the POS by pressing, I think, Shift+F9
> > Printer. You will notice the printer icon on the status bar at the top of
> > the POS will disappear. To turn it back on press Shift+F9 Printer again.
> >
> > Rob
> >
> > "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off
> > > your printer before 'printing' the zz report.  Then manually delete all
> > > print
> > > tasks for that printer before turning it back on.  The report won't print,
> > > but RMS will think it did.

0
TVhardware (20)

Two messages at no data in a report
I have a form with a Click-Buttom for opening a report. In the design mode of the report I have used "At no data" and there included a Messega Box saying "Sorry-there is no data in this report". When having no data i the report and clicking on my buttom in the form I will hav 2 messages. The first one is from my message box "Sorry ...." The second one is from the error handling for the buttom saying "Instructio Open report cancelled" (Translated from Swedish "Instruktionen PoenReport avbröts). A part of the error code for the buttom is...

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

count between a date range
Hi, I want to be able to count between a date range and return the value yes. I will show you the formula I currently have: =IF(M2>=DateCell-365,"Yes","No") This gives a yes if the date is greater than the date in M2 minus 365. This however cincludes all the dates beyond M2 which isnt what I want. I want the dates upto M2. If that makes sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Try.. =IF(M2>=datecell-DATE(1,0,0),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Dave" wrote: > Hi, I want to be able to count be...

Help with Dates
Hi all, I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". I want to create a form with ComboBox that will show the "ConnectionDate" as month and year only. The value the user will choose will be a criteria for a query. Please help. TIA, Tom ?Format(Date,"mmyyyy") would return 112007 so, SELECT Format(ConnectionDate,"mmyyyy") AS ConnectDate FROM SomeTable -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Tom" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a table with field name "ConnectionDate". > I want to create a form with ComboBox tha...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Converting Dates from YYMMDD to MMDDYYYY
Hi All; I'm looking for a format function that will convert a date in the text format of YYMMDD to text format of MMDDYYYY. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! You can't do it using a Format function, but try: Function SwitchDateFormat(YYMMDD As String) As String Dim strDay As String Dim strMonth As String Dim strYear As String If Len(YYMMDD) = 6 Then strYear = Left$(YYMMDD, 2) strMonth = Mid$(YYMMDD, 3, 2) strDay = Right$(YYMMDD, 2) If strYear < "30" Then strYear = "19" & strYear Else strYear =...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

Report Writer Dater Function
Hello: Does anyone know how to create a restriction in Report Writer to show the most recent date? I want to obtain the most recent date for the Apply to Document Date field in the body of my report. This field is in the Apply Open File (RM20201). Thanks. childofthe1980s ChildOfThe1980s, I would be more than glad to help if you could further explain what report in particular is this for, is it an aging? If so, would you like the most recent apply to date to display on a summary aging? Not sure I am following what you need. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

Customizing the Report
Hi, I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Raju Launch Crystal, Go to Enterprise Folders, Under the MSCRM 1.2 folder locate the directory similar tothe categories found on the CRM reports page >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. >Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. > >Thanks in Advance. > >Regards, >Raju > > >. > ...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

Date Range
When I use the following macro, what reference range is being employed that makes certain decisions for the conversion? For example, when I have a date of 1/12/46, this converts to January 12, 1946, not January 12, 2046; when I have a date of 1/14/20, this converts to January 14, 2020, not January 14, 1920; when I have a date of 2/3//10 this converts to February 3, 2010 not February 3, 1910??? Seems like this was only project so far into the future. I haven't tried all numbers but once you reach that boundary it assigns the 20th century to any number there and above. Su...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...

Web report
We are looking into an option of displaying report online. What technology or tools to be an option? - Our backend database will be MySQL. - I think we will use C#. - Need to be able to be converted to PDF file for download as a choice by user - Is Crystal Report the best option? Thanks "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:upnKCPlvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > - Is Crystal Report the best option? Best is entirely subjective and almost impossible to quantify. How complex are the reports? Do you need drilldown? P...

Modified Report Not Printing Properly
GP 8.0, SQL We have two sites, each with its own vendors. We modified PO Blank Form so that it prints the correct site address in the ship to box. It works fine for one vendor, and prints the appropriate Site Address. However, for another vendor the Ship To is always blank. I cannot figure out why. I do not see any difference in how the vendors are set up. Any ideas for where I should look to resolve this problem? Thanks, Jason ...

2007 Report Toolbars
I have a 2003 program that all forms and reports open to a full screen. I now have that program in 2007. It took a while but I figured out how to get the reports to open to a full screen. However, I can't get my custom toolbars to display with the reports. The functionality of the toolbar comes by way of a macro group. I set the Border Style to "Sizable," the Control Box to "Yes," and the Close Button to "Yes." I can use the On Close Event to perform a function, like returning to the form that opened it. I use the toolbars to offer the user se...

Need to convert Julian Day to Gregorian date
I have a table that has a year field and day field. I only need to convert the day field which is a Julian date to Gregorian. If possible in a query. If not then in a module, but, I'm real rusty with access so please give explicit instructions. I have found some codes but have not been able to make them work with the table, I'm sure its me. Thanks for any help you can provide me with. There are loads of examples out there. The simplist one I could find that works is SELECT DatePart("y",[TableName]![FieldName])+(Year(Now())-1900)*1000 AS NewDate FROM TableName; -- ...

Custom or conditional format to highlight today's date?
Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the current date to be bold and red. Can I do this with a conditional format? I have tried =Today with no success. Thanks Tonso "Tonso" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:13885af2-777c-43ff-9684-1b5bda8d95d6@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Using Excel 2002, I have all 365 days of the year listed in column B, > formatted as "03/14/01". When i open the workbook, I would like the > current date to b...

Excel formula with date constraints
Could use some help with the following: I created a spreadsheet to track payments made to contractors. In this spreadsheet I have a simple formula that tells when the payment has to be made based on the date it was rec'd from the contractor and adding on the payment terms. Now what I have to do is add in some date constraints. Our paying office only processes payments between certain windows during the month. Lets say that for this month the payment window closes Jan 27th to Feb 2nd. What I need to do is if after someone enters the date the payment is rec'd and the 14 days is ...

Mail Merge Date Format Problem
Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing the format in Excel first which doesn't work and my PC is set up with UK date as standard. Any ideas how I can change it? Cheers Nick Hi Nick (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Trying to merge in data from an Excel spreadsheet but when || the date goes in, it is in US format rather than english || format, i.e 08/31/04 rather than 31/08/04. Tried changing || the format in E...