z-report needs to print the date that the blindclosout took place

Using RMS Store Operations version 1.3

Let me see if i can better describe what the problem with the blind closeout
is. It is indeed a problem, and it is something that should be corrected. Let
me create a scenerio for you...

It is the night of Wednesday January 25th, we create a blind closeout so we
can perform the Z at a later time.
It is the night of Thursday January 26th, we create a blind closeout so we
can perform the Z at a later time.
It is the night of Friday January 27th, we create a blind closeout so we can
perform the Z at a later time.

Come Saturday January 28th, the Manager is going to close the Z's for all of
the open blind close outs.

The Manager selects Wednesday January 25th batch and enters the closing
amounts and prints a Z-report. This is what is printed on the Z Report...
Report Date 1/28/2006
Report Time 10:09:22AM
Start Date 1/24/2006
Date 1/28/2006
Time 10:09:21:AM

The Manager selects Thursday January 26th batch and enters the closing
amounts and prints a Z-report. This is what is printed on the Z Report...
Report Date 1/28/2006
Report Time 10:11:22AM
Start Date 1/25/2006
Date 1/28/2006
Time 10:11:21:AM

The Manager selects Friday January 27th batch and enters the closing amounts
and prints a Z-report. This is what is printed on the Z Report...
Report Date 1/28/2006
Report Time 10:15:22AM
Start Date 1/26/2006
Date 1/28/2006
Time 10:15:21:AM

So now we have 3 Z-reports for 3 serperate days. But none of the Z-reports
show what day that Z-report belongs to. On the Z-report, it should show the
date and maybe even the time that the blind closeout took place.

We have 3 Z-reports in our hands now, and they all show the same
information, which Z-report is for which day?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=95dfd542-5824-4df4-bba4-6d1b6873b449&dg=microsoft.public.pos
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

When you Z out the blind close it updates the report time. That is the close
time for the blind close. Meaning that information doesn't exist anymore.
The blind close is intended to get the cashier out of the way so the next
shift can come in and start using the pos immediately. Then you go to the
office and count down the drawer. It is not intended to wait 3 or 4 days.
How are you able to enter closing ammounts 3 days later and know they are
accurate?  You are also able to tell by the start date of the batch which
one it is.

"Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." <Andy Miller - Teknor,
Inc.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using RMS Store Operations version 1.3
>
> Let me see if i can better describe what the problem with the blind
> closeout
> is. It is indeed a problem, and it is something that should be corrected.
> Let
> me create a scenerio for you...
>
> It is the night of Wednesday January 25th, we create a blind closeout so
> we
> can perform the Z at a later time.
> It is the night of Thursday January 26th, we create a blind closeout so we
> can perform the Z at a later time.
> It is the night of Friday January 27th, we create a blind closeout so we
> can
> perform the Z at a later time.
>
> Come Saturday January 28th, the Manager is going to close the Z's for all
> of
> the open blind close outs.
>
> The Manager selects Wednesday January 25th batch and enters the closing
> amounts and prints a Z-report. This is what is printed on the Z Report...
> Report Date 1/28/2006
> Report Time 10:09:22AM
> Start Date 1/24/2006
> Date 1/28/2006
> Time 10:09:21:AM
>
> The Manager selects Thursday January 26th batch and enters the closing
> amounts and prints a Z-report. This is what is printed on the Z Report...
> Report Date 1/28/2006
> Report Time 10:11:22AM
> Start Date 1/25/2006
> Date 1/28/2006
> Time 10:11:21:AM
>
> The Manager selects Friday January 27th batch and enters the closing
> amounts
> and prints a Z-report. This is what is printed on the Z Report...
> Report Date 1/28/2006
> Report Time 10:15:22AM
> Start Date 1/26/2006
> Date 1/28/2006
> Time 10:15:21:AM
>
> So now we have 3 Z-reports for 3 serperate days. But none of the Z-reports
> show what day that Z-report belongs to. On the Z-report, it should show
> the
> date and maybe even the time that the blind closeout took place.
>
> We have 3 Z-reports in our hands now, and they all show the same
> information, which Z-report is for which day?
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=95dfd542-5824-4df4-bba4-6d1b6873b449&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
cragsdale (3)

Calendar Start Date
I need to make a yearly (academic) calendar that starts with the month of September. When I click on change the date after choosing the yearly option, I can only change the year, not the month. How can I make a yearly calendar with a different start month? What version Publisher are you using? Do you want a one page calendar? In Publisher 2000, there is a date on the taskbar. Change the date from Sept. to whenever you want the end. Publisher will make a number of pages for the requested months. When this is finished click yearly. You will have to ungroup the calendar and adjust the a...

I am beginer in MFC need some help
Hi! dear all users i am beginer in MFC but know C++ win32 console apllication syntex and all concepts but don't know how to USE MFC so please guide me ........... On 9 abr, 10:22, Xohaib <zohaib.shir...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi! dear all users i am beginer in MFC but know C++ win32 console > apllication syntex and all concepts but don't know how to USE MFC so > please guide me ........... You need to be more specific about what you want to do with MFC in order to get help from this or any other MFC related group. The MFC are a lot of classes and you can do lots of thing ...

Do i *need* a mailbox to create a forwardable e-mail address
I would liek to create an address like burfl-admin@mycompany.com which get's forwarded to joe@mycompany.com.... until joe goes on vacation or someone else gets the job of administrering burfls. Do I need to create a burfl mailbox from which all mail get's forwarded? or is there a more lightweight way of doing that? Can it be done with just a contact? Thanks, Steve -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:58:23 -0400, "Stephen M" <smeier07nospam@champlaintelephone.com> wrote: >I would liek to create an addr...

Dynamic report field
Hello. I would like to print a particular value in a report field based on another field value in a table. For example, if I have a table field called 'campus' and a report field called 'name', I'd like something like this: if txtCampus = 'north' print 'john doe' in txtName else if txtCampus = 'south' print 'jane doe' in txtName else print 'john smith' in txtName I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I couldn't seem to find anything on my report field properties where I would co...

Date Prompt for Worksheet range
I have a workbook and would to insert a worksheet that will capture and add data in a separate worksheet based upon the prompt for date range that is entered by the user. My question is two fold: 1. How can I create a prompt for the user to enter a date range? 2. How can I create a macro that will capture the data from another worksheet and create a new worksheet based upon the date range? Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays, In answer to question 1 this method from Ron de Bruin allows the user to select the date from a calendar. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm F...

ADC
Hi I have a number of admins that need to be able to create mai=ADlbox/mail enabled objects. We run W2K SP4 / EX 5.5 The ADC Management component is running on the DC's and the =ADADC service runs on a dedicated server. We want user admin to be done through AD U+C where possible.=AD When we create users some admins are prompted to select a mailbox st=ADore for the users they create, others aren't. - Why? What are the requirements for creating mailbox/mail enabled =ADobjects from an Active Directory user and computer snap in running o=ADn an admins PC. Also what does the exch...

Set Focus Assistance Needed Urgently
Need some assistance on getting this coding to work right on this form. Basically, if the location and date are already in the SQL table, the 'Date1' and 'Location' fields need to be cleared on the form and the focus be in the 'Location' field. Here's my latest (but obviously not greatest) code which is giving a RunTime 2108 error 'Save the field before you execute the GoToControl action... or the SetFocus method.' Thanks so much in advance! I must also confess that I have posted this to a couple other groups a few days ago but never got an answer. P...

Printing #2
I am right now developing a software that have an option to print a bill.Bill ofcourse needs specific structure.How can get it done.My software needs to get values from a database and the print it.I am able to get values from the database and display it in a dialog.Now i want to print this value.How can i do it.Thaks in advance.Send me the code if you have .Thanks. jeevan jeevan, Take your pick: http://www.codeproject.com/printing/ Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:eqNgcR$aEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl....

Date Extension...
FYI: Saw this on the Quicken support forum - converting MS Money section. They asked for an extension for expiration, and got it from MS. To request, email Microsoft Support from within MS Money - Help Menu --> Contact Us and request an extension to your expiration date. I did that via email. They replied the next day with an email on how to find the extend.exe and then a phone number to call. They asked for some info and then emailed me an extension code. Plugged it into Extend.exe and I am now good to go out to 2011. I was going to expire in 10/2009 otherwise. I hate to see...

Return date of an action
Hi, I have a gantt chart which has columns headed by dates A B C D E F 1 10/12 17/24 24/12 31/12 1/7 2 Do A 3 Finish B 4 Start C 5 6 7 I would like to put a formula in colum F to show the date that the action in the row will be completed by. The real worksheet has 52 columns in it so using an IF statement isn't an option. Each row will only have one entry in it. Thanks for any help Ben 9 10 So simple but I would never have got there. Thanks very much ...

print a long list with 2 columns
I have one long column of data. Is there some way to have it print out in 2 "columns" per page? Like in Word, if I have a long list, I can set it to have 2 columns to accomplish this. Any similar Excel features? Bucky, have a look here for a way to do it, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm If you're not familiar with macro's, see "Getting Started with Macro and User Defined Functions": here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups...

File Print preview not working in existing code while compiling VS
I have some code which does some printing.It seems to work when you compile and run in visual studio 6 .While compiling and running in VS 2005 and clicking on the File print preview menu displays nothing.It just displays the original main frame window. In the Main app file the initinstance method is displayed as CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate(IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CDpqwinDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), RUNTIME_CLASS(CDpqwinView)); AddDocTemplate(pDocTemplate); ...... ...

couting occurence using multiple dates in single cell
Hi, I need to count the no. of meeting that took place in each month. My worksheet is January Feb to Dec column A column B Column C to Column M Column C (data) 1 name no of meeting No of meeting 2 Jack 1/1/09, 1/3/09, 2/1/09, 2/5/09, 3/1/09.4/1/09 3 Peter 2/1/09, 3/1/09,3/15/09 4 Paul 3/1/09, 4/1/09, 4/2/09 is there a way to count the ...

Paste a print screen in Outlook Web Access
A user of mine said they were previously able to press the print screen key, then past that snap shot into the body of Outlook Web Access 2003 email, using IE7. I never used it so I tried and saw i was unable to do so in OWA, try to right click with the mouse in the body and no paste button. They did like to print screens and paste in the body of a new mail when needed. We use Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Does anyone know if this is possible, and how ? Nothing changed on my end --- Thanks, Bob It will only work if you use IE, not firefox or other browsers since HTM...

Report Writer Function for Count
For a given item, I have multiple lot numbers, each may contain different quantity. I don't want to print the lot numbers on the packing slip but just the count of the different quantities. For instance, if I've an item qty fulfilled of 5000, with 4 lot numbers of 500, and 3 lot numbers of 1000, I want to just print total count for each quantity group. It could look something like this: 4 of 500 3 of 1000 Is there a report writer function that can address this? You will have to add an additional section to the report for the Serial/Lot Number as this is what curre...

Print Contacts
Is there a way of printing a list of headers only in contacts and not all the address, tel#, fax info with it? TIA Geoff ...

Add in needed- Holidays
Does anyone know if Microsoft has released an updated Holiday add-in for Outlook 2000. Just noticed the current one expires 2007, and I have not been able to find a more recent one. Anyone know if they plan another release? Or, if a 3rd party one is available? Thank you!!! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Do you mean holiday list? If so, there's some info here that may help: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@optonline.not.net> wrote in message news:e04liyI8HHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if Microsoft has r...

Word should alow you to print from the document map
It would be really good if you could right click on a section in the document map in MS word and click print. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0d2b2e2a-0c17-4023-9ea6-c394838fb6a6...

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Getting the max date after filtering out the deleted ones
Hello i have a little problem. my tblServiceReports has 3 fields that i need to manipulate. the fields are ProductID, ServiceReportDate and SRDateDeleted i also have a ServiceReportID field as the key for the table. each product in my db can have one to many service reports. what i am trying to do is create a query that pulls the max date for the service report so that i can show the last time the product was serviced. there is a catch, cause i know you think that what i just asked how to do in the last paragraph was easy. i also need to filter out bad data. what? filter BAD data, w...

Format duplicate date in report
Hi Groupies How can I use conditional formatting to format a duplicate date in a report? I need the duplicates to show up but I would like them to be obvious. -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:#eDXSWU#KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I use conditional formatting to format a duplicate date in a > report? I need the duplicates to show up but I would like them to be > obviou...

Need Help In Update Statement
Hello all SQL gurus, I would like to update one field in a table. The field should have data such as: K:\pictures\XXXXX.jpg. XXXXX is the employee id number. "K:\pictures" & "jpg" are constant string. I need to update about 1500 employees which file path is null and their paystatus is A. There are about 3250 employees in MS SQL 2005 db. Table Attributes: dbo.eeKeys -------------------- eeLink Int (4) <-- a unique and appears on all tables eeEEnum char (10) <-- employeeid dbo.eeEmployee ...

printing sheet formulas
I need to print an Excel application which consists of many files that contain formulas, macros and add-ins. First, I want to print all formulas contained in a file (not the contents of the cells but the formulas) so that I can have a "blueprint" of the application as it is referencing multiple sheets and column names etc. I want to do this one file at a time. Then I want to examine the contents of the add-in that was created by the company many years ago aka not a Microsoft addin. Where can I go to see the contents and what the addin is doing? Everywhere I have been shows noth...

need to give user rights to enable mailbox and set quotas
What kind of access and where do I grant this type of access to a user that needs to enable exchange mailboxes in AD and set quotas You'll have to delegate control for account creation within ADUC and you'll have to apply Exchange permissions through Exchange System Manager. I'd suggest you give them Full Exchange Admin rights, within ESM, at the storage group level. If this is to much work backwards from this point until the user only has the rights you want them to. AM "tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:O6nX$lZOHHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl......