Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales

My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384.  Why
the difference?  This happens all the time.
Thanks

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your glass is:

Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I
can help you with?"

Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never!

sammy wrote:
> My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of
> 384.  Why the difference?  This happens all the time.
> Thanks

Larry Leveen
OlyBikes Locally-Owned Bike Shop
"Bikes, Parts, Repairs and GREAT Customer Service"

124 State Avenue NE
Olympia, WA 98501
Phone: 360-753-7525

http://www.olybikes.com
(FREE bike safety & advocacy materials)
http://olybikes.blogspot.com/
also on Twitter & Facebook

0
OlyBikes
1/29/2010 7:48:21 PM
I'm not sure what you are saying.  Are the cashiers doing something they
shouldn't be doing?

"OlyBikes News" wrote:

> Your glass is:
>
> Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I
> can help you with?"
>
> Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never!
>
> sammy wrote:
> > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of
> > 384.  Why the difference?  This happens all the time.
> > Thanks

> Larry Leveen
> OlyBikes Locally-Owned Bike Shop
> "Bikes, Parts, Repairs and GREAT Customer Service"
>
> 124 State Avenue NE
> Olympia, WA 98501
> Phone: 360-753-7525
>
> http://www.olybikes.com
> (FREE bike safety & advocacy materials)
> http://olybikes.blogspot.com/
> also on Twitter & Facebook
>

> .

I think he's saying that the customer count and hourly sales are completely
different. Customer count is the number of receipts you have in the day,
including no sales, and hourly count is the number of items sold in those
transactions. So what I think he means is that your people aren't doing
enough add-on selling. the greater the difference between the two numbers
illustrates how many items people are buying in your store. Since there is
only a difference of 4 between the two numbers means that most customers are
only buying one item at a time.

Craig

"sammy" <sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what you are saying.  Are the cashiers doing something they
> shouldn't be doing?
>
> "OlyBikes News" wrote:
>
>> Your glass is:
>>
>> Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I
>> can help you with?"
>>
>> Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than
>> never!
>>
>> sammy wrote:
>> > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of
>> > 384.  Why the difference?  This happens all the time.
>> > Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Larry Leveen
>> OlyBikes Locally-Owned Bike Shop
>> "Bikes, Parts, Repairs and GREAT Customer Service"
>>
>> 124 State Avenue NE
>> Olympia, WA 98501
>> Phone: 360-753-7525
>>
>> http://www.olybikes.com
>> (FREE bike safety & advocacy materials)
>> http://olybikes.blogspot.com/
>> also on Twitter & Facebook
>>

>> .

0
Craig

Money 2003 report problem
I use Money 2003 for my business. When I try to look at business reports, all invoices entered after May 8,2008 are not included. I have tried reinstalling money and the file fix software downloaded from Microsoft site. ...

Two messages at no data in a report
I have a form with a Click-Buttom for opening a report. In the design mode of the report I have used "At no data" and there included a Messega Box saying "Sorry-there is no data in this report". When having no data i the report and clicking on my buttom in the form I will hav 2 messages. The first one is from my message box "Sorry ...." The second one is from the error handling for the buttom saying "Instructio Open report cancelled" (Translated from Swedish "Instruktionen PoenReport avbröts). A part of the error code for the buttom is...

Multiple reports with consecutive numbering
Is there a way to print out multiple reports and have consecutive numbering? I want to be able to print three or four different reports and have the pages numbered consecutively or maybe it is sequentially starting at page 1. I can get the the reports to print in order but just can't get the page numbering figured out. Thanks Mark Mark, I think you will need to use VBA to do this. The (untested!) skeleton of the idea would be like this... In a standard module, declare a global variable, maybe like this: Public StartingPageNumber As Integer On a suitable event, perhaps the ...

count between a date range
Hi, I want to be able to count between a date range and return the value yes. I will show you the formula I currently have: =IF(M2>=DateCell-365,"Yes","No") This gives a yes if the date is greater than the date in M2 minus 365. This however cincludes all the dates beyond M2 which isnt what I want. I want the dates upto M2. If that makes sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Try.. =IF(M2>=datecell-DATE(1,0,0),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Dave" wrote: > Hi, I want to be able to count be...

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Can Process Server only print reports?
OK, another question related to unattended report generation...if I use a process server to run my posting jobs, is it possible to save the output reports instead of printing them? I need to do that because a lot of our reports are so large we don't print them - we keep MDI (or PDF) versions. I suppose I could set the reports to go to an HTML file, but wouldn't they get overlaid whenever a posting job runs (since they always have the same name)? Has anyone dealt with automating the posting report process? Bud, Here is what you could do: 1) You can setup a dummy file name (...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

"Report is being generated" runs forever
Hi Friends, I am facing a funny issue with Report Viewer control in VS 2008 on Windows 7 (with SQL Server 2008). I wrote to partner support also but have not heard from them till now. So I thot of seeking help here. He goes the story: I designed a deployed a report in SQL Server 2008. The report is running fine via the web service (http://localhost/reportserver) & via the report manager (http://localhost/reports) Now I create a asp.net web application in visual studio 2008. I put the report viewer control and access the same report by supplying the information to the con...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Calculating working hours #2
Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following problem. I need to create a formula which calculates the different between two date/time values excluding out of business hours. Here's an example. A1: 21/06/2005 10:00:00 A2: 23/06/2005 14:30:00 When using "=(B1-A1)*24" I can the result 52.5 If the business hours are between 08:30 and 17:00 the actual result required is 21.5 I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance, Mo.. Try this =(INT(A2)-INT(A1))*8.5+(MOD(A2,1)-MOD(A1,1))*24 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mohammed Zenuwah" <MohammedZenuwah@discu...

Quote for Customer can't find data source #3
I need assistance finding the data source for the quote mail merge in CRM 4.0. I get a error "mail_merge_64494[1].doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot open the data source, ." Here is the process I go through before I get the error: - I open a quote - click on menu bar button "Print Quote for Customer" - select organization mail merge, Quote for customer, and OK - when asked if I want to open or save, I select open - I pick yes, when it asks if it can put data on my document I then get message above. How do I find the datasource? Also is there a way to configure...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

Report Writer Dater Function
Hello: Does anyone know how to create a restriction in Report Writer to show the most recent date? I want to obtain the most recent date for the Apply to Document Date field in the body of my report. This field is in the Apply Open File (RM20201). Thanks. childofthe1980s ChildOfThe1980s, I would be more than glad to help if you could further explain what report in particular is this for, is it an aging? If so, would you like the most recent apply to date to display on a summary aging? Not sure I am following what you need. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

Counting # of events per day`
I have a file with the following format col a event name col b event date (e.g., 9/01/2006) col c event day of week (Mon, Tu, etc) col d, etc other info There are about 1600 of them. I need to get the following info: Number of days throughout the year with 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 or more events per day Similar results for Mondays, Tuesdays, etc. Any suggestions on how to go about doing that? Thanks Hi Elliott Create a Pivot Table. Data>Pivot Table>Next>Mark the range of your data>Next>Layout Drag Event day of Week to Column Area Drag Event Date to Row area Drag Event Name to...

Miller Heiman Sales Process
Does MS CRM support Miller Heiman Sales Process methodology CRM can be customized and automated to match just about any selling process. Are there specific functions that you are wondering about? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Nitin I" wrote: > Does MS CRM support Miller Heiman Sales Process methodology > Hi Matt, Yes I agree , CRM can be customized. However, my question relates to proven Miller Heiman Sales Process methodology which companies in various verticals adopt.This is for opportunity tracking , strategic Account planning Like for e.g. th...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Windows Mail vs. Oujtlook Express
Is Windows Mail as good and reliable as Outlook Express? I never lost a sent message using Outlook Express. Windows Mail seems to be a lower version of Outlook Express. How do I check out Windows Mail performance rating? Not sure what your point is. Use OE on XP. Use Windows Mail on Vista.=20 OE won't run on Vista, so you have no choice about it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "skyler" <skyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:DF218843-B9ED-4377-AFFB-E2971...

Visio EA vs Visio 2003?
Hi All, I was hoping a few of you could shed some light on a question that has been popping up among my developers. Many of whom are currently running Visio for Enterprise Architects that is available with Visual Studio.NET. I believe it is the same version of Visio regardless of whether you are using the 2002 or 2003 version of Visual Studio Enterprise. Please correct me if I am wrong. The big question I am hitting is: What reasons are there to upgrade to Visio 2003 (v11?) if you are already running Enterprise Architect of v10? Also, is there an EA version for Visio 2003, or would you b...

Counting Texts
If cell A1 contains a paragraph of texts and if I want to count just letter "W"s (Upper or lower case), How can I achieve this? Example: A1 contains "How now brown cow" the formula should return "4". Thank you. Write a macro and use the VBA functions Instr(strName, "w") together with Split(strName, "w") and count the number of times that it finds "w" or "W" Chris "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC60AA13-B569-4C55-BDC7-1B6295CDAFB9@microsoft.com... > If cell A1 co...

How do I enter the character '&' in a custom header?
Can anyone help me with this? Use two of them: && toolman wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this? -- Dave Peterson Try && Mike R. "toolman" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this? That works! Thanks for your help! "Mike R" wrote: > Try && > > Mike R. > > "toolman" wrote: > > > Can anyone help me with this? ...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Custom Controls 10-16-04
Hi, I would like to create a custom control .ascx and I'd like to konow how can I put it on a standard CRM form (for example Accounts) Thanks in advance Zsolt There is not a supported way to do this on the standard forms themselves. The closest supported method wuld be to add a new Tab on the left of the page via teh ISV.Confi and have that display your control. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:06 -0700, Zsolt Z�mbik <zombikzs@titanium-consulting.net> wrote: Hi, I would ...