Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales

My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384.  Why
the difference?  This happens all the time.
Thanks

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your glass is:

Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I
can help you with?"

Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never!

sammy wrote:
> My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of
> 384.  Why the difference?  This happens all the time.
> Thanks

Larry Leveen
OlyBikes Locally-Owned Bike Shop
"Bikes, Parts, Repairs and GREAT Customer Service"

124 State Avenue NE
Olympia, WA 98501
Phone: 360-753-7525

http://www.olybikes.com
(FREE bike safety & advocacy materials)
http://olybikes.blogspot.com/
also on Twitter & Facebook

0
OlyBikes
1/29/2010 7:48:21 PM
I'm not sure what you are saying.  Are the cashiers doing something they
shouldn't be doing?

"OlyBikes News" wrote:

> Your glass is:
>
> Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I
> can help you with?"
>
> Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never!
>
> sammy wrote:
> > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of
> > 384.  Why the difference?  This happens all the time.
> > Thanks

> Larry Leveen
> OlyBikes Locally-Owned Bike Shop
> "Bikes, Parts, Repairs and GREAT Customer Service"
>
> 124 State Avenue NE
> Olympia, WA 98501
> Phone: 360-753-7525
>
> http://www.olybikes.com
> (FREE bike safety & advocacy materials)
> http://olybikes.blogspot.com/
> also on Twitter & Facebook
>

> .

I think he's saying that the customer count and hourly sales are completely
different. Customer count is the number of receipts you have in the day,
including no sales, and hourly count is the number of items sold in those
transactions. So what I think he means is that your people aren't doing
enough add-on selling. the greater the difference between the two numbers
illustrates how many items people are buying in your store. Since there is
only a difference of 4 between the two numbers means that most customers are
only buying one item at a time.

Craig

"sammy" <sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what you are saying.  Are the cashiers doing something they
> shouldn't be doing?
>
> "OlyBikes News" wrote:
>
>> Your glass is:
>>
>> Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I
>> can help you with?"
>>
>> Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than
>> never!
>>
>> sammy wrote:
>> > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of
>> > 384.  Why the difference?  This happens all the time.
>> > Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Larry Leveen
>> OlyBikes Locally-Owned Bike Shop
>> "Bikes, Parts, Repairs and GREAT Customer Service"
>>
>> 124 State Avenue NE
>> Olympia, WA 98501
>> Phone: 360-753-7525
>>
>> http://www.olybikes.com