Year to date sales history of inventory

How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular
item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months?
0
KatieH (3)
1/19/2006 1:51:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report
look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my
child.
Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly.

Rob

"KatieH" wrote:

> How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular
> item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months?
0
rob242 (534)
1/19/2006 2:30:08 PM
Musta got a new batch o glue, huh? (g)

KatieH

To pick up where Rob started hallucinating - in Detailed Sales Report, enter
the date range and the item code in the filter criteria, then run the
report. To run for a department, enter that in the filter criteria instead
of item code.  It sounds like you're going to need to play with reports some
and click on Help to get a feel for how they work.

Rick Brown
DataBasics

"Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report
> look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my
> child.
> Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly.
>
> Rob
>
> "KatieH" wrote:
>
>> How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a
>> particular
>> item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months?

0
rb130 (104)
1/19/2006 9:00:42 PM
Nope still the same bottle from when I was in kindergarten a big ole bottle
of Elmer's glue. You know the one with the cow on it. LOL

Rob

"Rick Brown" <rb@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> Musta got a new batch o glue, huh? (g)
>
> KatieH
>
> To pick up where Rob started hallucinating - in Detailed Sales Report,
> enter the date range and the item code in the filter criteria, then run
> the report. To run for a department, enter that in the filter criteria
> instead of item code.  It sounds like you're going to need to play with
> reports some and click on Help to get a feel for how they work.
>
> Rick Brown
> DataBasics
>

> "Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report
>> look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my
>> child.
>> Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "KatieH" wrote:
>>
>>> How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a
>>> particular
>>> item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months?

0
rob242 (534)
1/20/2006 12:11:27 AM
I ate mine long ago!  Elsie was great

--
*
Nope still the same bottle from when I was in kindergarten a big ole bottle
of Elmer's glue. You know the one with the cow on it. LOL

Rob

"Rick Brown" <rb@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> Musta got a new batch o glue, huh? (g)
>
> KatieH
>
> To pick up where Rob started hallucinating - in Detailed Sales Report,
> enter the date range and the item code in the filter criteria, then run
> the report. To run for a department, enter that in the filter criteria
> instead of item code.  It sounds like you're going to need to play with
> reports some and click on Help to get a feel for how they work.
>
> Rick Brown
> DataBasics
>

> "Rob" <rob@retail-pos.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report
>> look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my
>> child.
>> Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "KatieH" wrote:
>>
>>> How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a
>>> particular
>>> item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months?

0
spam3944 (2163)

date and time calculations #3
How can I subtract one date and time from another and show the answer in hh:mm:ss Hi You can just use B2-A2 and format the result as [hh]:mm:ss -- Andy. "Andyk" <andy@troldahl.co.uk> wrote in message news:A10BB167-58BC-4D46-AE6D-2D0D4AAB7327@microsoft.com... > How can I subtract one date and time from another and show the answer in hh:mm:ss Andy, right click the cell with the result of the formula, select Format Cells > Number tab > Time > 37:30:55 Pete >-----Original Message----- >How can I subtract one date and time from another and show the an...

Mulitple Sales Order in 1 Invoice
Hello, I want to know if its possible to have multiple sales orders created for a customer. And the customer at the end of the week wants only one invoice for all the sales orders together for the week. So the different sales orders (5-10 in all) have to put together in one invoice. Is this possible in Great Plains ? Or does it need to be custom using crystal reports ? How ? Thanks in advance, Mihir GP does not have that functionality. However, two third parties produce products. One is from Binary Stream Software (www.binarystream.com) and the other is from Trinity (www.trinitycomp...

Date Manipulation
I have a query that has a field called Date Avail. The data coming into the query has been sorted and now is being grouped on the key fields (Date Avail is NOT one.) I have put a count function on a unit code and then did a First on the Date Avail field to find the first date associated with the group. I have done the same using Last for the same field. I then do a datediff between the two dates in days DateDifference: DateDiff("d",[FirstOfDate Avail],[LastOfDate Avail]) This was working fine until I got to dates that are crossing into next year. Example: Unit 201 is firs...

Date Range as Criteria in an Array
I need to use a date range from a date column as on of two criterium for a Sum function, using an array. example: A - dates (one criteria) B - quantity (second criteria) C - price (column to sum, if both criterium are met) my array formula so far: =SUM((A12:A55>=1/1/2002)*(A12:A55<=1/31/2002)*(B12:B55)* (C12:C55)) Enclose your dates in double quotes and multiply by 1: =SUM(..."1/1/2002"*1..."1/31/2002"*1...) Wrapping the date in DATEVALUE also works. You can also simply place the dates in cells and then reference those cells. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----...

Home Inventory in Money 2007
I'm disappointed that Microsoft hasn't taken the Home Inventory portion of Money more seriously, like Quicken has. Money's Home Inventory section is little more than a spreadsheet, and it does not even show up on installation; you have to unhide it by adjusting your home page display settings. After loading in over 300 home inventory items, I was shocked to realize that there are NO reports and NO way to export to the data to Excel. Does anyone have a solution? Signed, Screwed Perhaps copy/paste. "jpd2112" <jpd2112@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

No date entered still pulls a reult '1' through??
In Excel 2007 i am using the formula =MONTH(P145) all the way down the column, which if there is not date entry in columns that are not yet in use the formula still pulls through a '1' which is mucking up all the corrisponding information that is pulled for the month of Jan. Can anyone advise me as to what i can do to get no result pulling through if there is not a date entered into column P? Thanks. -- Jim When the MONTH function refers to a blank cell, it treats its value as 0. Date 0 (zero) translates to: Saturday, January 00, 1900 (it makes little sense, but t...

How to project the due date according to a number of working hours
Does anyone know how to project the due date according to a required number of working hours? such as If today is 24 Oct, 2005 (Monday) at 9:00am, my project required 100 hours to be finished, then how to create a formula and to project the due date in excel sheet? Working hour: 9am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm (total 8 working hour per day) Thank for any suggestion Eric Eric, Try this =workday(A30,INT(A29/8))+MOD(A30,1)+MOD(A29,8)/24+(N((MOD(A30,1)+MOD(A29,8)/ 24)>13/24)/24)+(N((MOD(A30,1)+MOD(A29,8)/24)>17/24)/24) This assumes weekdays only. IF you want to include Sat anmd Sun, use =...

Howto insert date&time OL 2003
Hello Group, I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes, appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it manually. Example: Key-combination (xxxx) returns: "Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:05 PM" Is there something like that in OL 2003? Thank you in advance, Manuel Manuel Davila <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes, > appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it > manually. How is it that's you're sure? You might wan...

Office 2000 live up date lost original CD rom
The office have lost the CD Rom Office 2000 SR-1 Premium French and since I down loaded an update from MS each time I open Excel it ask for the original CD as noted above . This all effect other Excel item i.e. can not open direct from e-mails and old versions on our server Its not possible to buy the above version of office on the market What upgrade would you recommend or what can I do to get this problem solved Thanks If you have registered it then call Microsoft and see if they can replace the media for you. Never hurts to ask. -- Regards Ken.........................

Inventory Decrease Variance and QTYSOLD
Hello, running GPv10. Using LIFO Perpetual. When a decrease variance for an item is created, it increments the qtysold field in IV10200 for the active row, that is for the row we are getting the next cost amount from. But qtysold in table IV00102 is not adjusted. Not sure how to react to this. Not sure if this is good, bad, ugly or doesn't matter. But since we didn't actually sell the items, doesn't seem right. Thoughts? JoePencilPusher Joe, The QTY Sold only gets updated on Sales Invoices, not Inventory transactions. Mick "JoePencilPusher" wro...

Formatting a number as a date
When applying the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+# to a number, Excel formats that number in the 29-Mar-10 format by default. How do I change that default format for the current and all futire workbooks? Try changing your Windows Regional Options (in Control Panel, not in Excel). -- David Biddulph "Loris" <Loris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D884899B-91A3-49ED-93F0-7D5508D64C2A@microsoft.com... > When applying the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+# to a number, Excel > formats > that number in the 29-Mar-10 format by default. How do I ...

Elapsed time between two dates
Hi I've got a manual machine at work that produce about 500 row's a day 6 day's a week It produce a table like this. Count Instr Scale Batch Gross Date Time 5000 1 1 8500 2,2 2007-04-20 11:00:10 5001 1 1 8501 2,3 2007-04-20 11:00:50 5002 1 1 8502 2,2 2007-04-20 11:06:12 And so on What I like to do is to determine if the time between the row's >= 3 minutes, if it is, it's stop time and of course then summarize the stop time...

Return value from a Two Variable Data Table with Dates
I need to return the value from I created a formula in cell I3: =INDEX($B$2:$G$6,MATCH(I1,$A$2:$A$6),MATCH(I2,$B$1:$G$1)). I would use cells I1 as the input for column A data and I2 as the input for row 1 data. Using the formula above doesn't work. Also there would be an occasion where some of the input dates in cell I1 or I2 could be inbetween different dates in the data table and not be exact. 11/1/2008 12/1/2008 1/1/2009 2/1/2009 3/1/2009 4/1/2009 11/1/2009 1 2 3 4 5 6 12/1/2010 1 1 2 3 4 5 1/1/2011 1 1 1 2 3 4 2/1/2011 1 1 1 1 2 3 3/1/2011 1 1 1 1 1 2 4/1/2011 1 1 ...

Empty calendar dates bold...?
Hi I'm using Outlook 2002 (and ActiveSynch) and have noticed that several of the past dates in the little calendar date picker are bold even though there are no appointments or anything on that day. Any idea why, or how to fix it? Cheers Jerry how far 'past' ? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

Formulas & Dates not working in .xls file
I have recently converted to Excel 2007 and upon opening a .xls file in compatibility mode, I find that no formulas work in the entire workbook, and all of my dates have apparently been converted to integer values that do not convert using the DATEVALUE function. Has anyone had these issues? Hi AOA, I have had the issue of no formulas working. You can check this: Select the "Button", select EXCEL OPTIONS at the bottom, select FORMULAS on the left pane, and make sure "Automatic" is selected under "Calculation Options". For some reason it unchecked o...

Inventory Item Transaction Inquiry Window
Need to have the module and the document type show in this window for Manufactuirng transactions. They do for purchase order (POP) and assembly entry (BOM) but manufacturing transactions show up as IV and Adjustment. From this window you cant tell the difference between manufacturing transactions and regular inventory adjustments? Would like to see MFG for the module and the MO number as the document type... -- Doug ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Money / Quicken / Quicken Home Inventory Manager
Is any of Money's Home Inventory data transferred? No. You have to create an asset account and put it in there. There is = a=20 Quicken Home Inventory Manager that you can buy but I haven't yet. "Brent" <undefined> wrote in message=20 news:uilU7qCWKHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... Is any of Money's Home Inventory data transferred?=20 SteveC wrote: > No. You have to create an asset account and put it in there. There > is a Quicken Home Inventory Manager that you can buy but I haven't > yet. There is a free Quicken Home Inventory module; not so...

Date Based report
What is the best way to run a report with the following date criteria: Daily ,weekly,Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly. I realize that I can enter an [start date] & [end date ] in a expression however the above reports are ones that are consistently required. I would like the user to simply select their choice. TIA ...

Format cell for date
Can I type in a 6 digit for a date and have the cell formatted to put (/) slashes between the numbers? Can I also have the year listed first? Thank-you John Look at this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm or this http://www.rondebruin.nl/qde.htm -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276101c4ad74$7c2f4220$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can I type in a 6 digit for a date and have the cell > formatted to put (/) slashes between the numbers? Can I > also have the year listed first? > Thank-you J...

date change automatically
Hi Iam in the process of learning excel. I really like it. Howeve when I set up a report and I have the date on the first row, how do get it to advance day by day on the next rows In other words the firs row has 01/01/05 can i have the second row automatically go to 01/02/0 and so on?? I can't figure it out. Help please!!! :confused -- yankeetwic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yankeetwice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31...

Extracting Month From Date
My question is: If entry on Cell A1 (date format) is, e.g., "September 27, 2004 (without the quotes), is there a formula that will give "September (without the quotes) in Cell B1? Thank you and regards -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26438 Hi =TEXT(A1,"MMMM") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BenjieLop" <BenjieLop.1db87g@excelforum-n...

Outlook appoinment date changes when opened by some recipients.
We have about 5 users who are experiencing the same issue - they receive an appointment request from an external (outside our domain) sender but when they open or view the appointment, the time and date change to approx 1/2 an hour in the future (goes to next 1/2 hr slot). eg. User is sent an appointment for 4:15pm on Friday 5th August 05. They receive and view the appointment request at 1:50pm on Wednesday 3rd August 05 - the appointment time immediately changes to 2pm, Wed 3rd August 05 (even before they accept it). When the user does accept the appointment, it shows up in their ...

Due Dates That Fall on Weekend
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to make any due date that falls on a Saturday or Sunday default back to Friday. I need very specific instructions as I have tried to do this for several years and can not get it to work properly. Thanks Julie For a specific answer, we might need some more details. Is a user entering a date on a form that needs to be verified at that time? Is the due date being calculated based on a different date? It won't be too hard to do though. You can use the Weekday() function and the DateAdd() function. Post a few more details and we...

Append to Query if date is null
Hello. I am trying to run a query that will post information to a table when the database opens. I want it to post the balance from a query with today's date. I want to know if there is a way to post the informtion only if it is not already in the databse for that day. Thanks. You could use a subquery in the WHERE clause to limit your query's result to those that don't have an entry for the date. If subqueries are new, here's a starting point: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#NotThere -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Acces...

Creating relative date restrictions
I'm trying to create a relative time constraint in project, but I can't seem to find any option other than entering a fixed date. Example below. I want task 2 to start no earlier than two weeks after task 1 completes, and I want task 2 to complete no earlier than four weeks after task 1 completes. I don't want to enter the actual value of ([task 1 complete date]+[2 weeks]) for my start date, because task 1 will have an end date that is variable. Can anyone tell me how I could get Project (2007) to accept a formula for the date restrictions? Thanks in advance! -...