Year end inventory

Help!

We are entering corrected quantities on the physical
inventory screen. Page 89, the final page, we were bounced
out to main screen. All work lost! 3 hours.

What happened? The only clue I can give is we set the
system date to 12/31/04. This is what we have done in the
past and it has caused no problem. It allows us to end our
year cleanly. We then enter sales from 01/03/05 forward.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Gary
0
anonymous (74722)
1/5/2005 6:09:13 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

NEVER set your system date back when using SQL.  A definate no-no.  Probably
the cause of the issue too I bet.  SQL is date/time driven and knows when
the date has been 'tampered' with.  Lesson learned, move on.

Rob
"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!
>
> We are entering corrected quantities on the physical
> inventory screen. Page 89, the final page, we were bounced
> out to main screen. All work lost! 3 hours.
>
> What happened? The only clue I can give is we set the
> system date to 12/31/04. This is what we have done in the
> past and it has caused no problem. It allows us to end our
> year cleanly. We then enter sales from 01/03/05 forward.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you
> Gary

0
rob2002 (33)

Layer color doesn't affect line ends (Visio 2000)
I have got the effect, that the layer color doesn't affect the color of the line ends (e.g. arrows). They will be shown still in the original color. Does anyone has a clue what I have to change, that the layer color affect all shapes on it? Thanks, T. ...

Fixed Assets Short Years
Does anyone know if Dynamics Fixed Assets has a Short Year capability? Every 3 or 4 years we have to revalue our assets. Thanks, Natasha Dear Natasha, As mentioned in Microsoft KnowledgeBase, Fixed Asset Management will only take short and long years into account when the asset uses the straight-line depreciation method. Taxing authorities typically require depreciation methods other than the straight-line depreciation method. One of those depreciation methods is the "200% declining balance depreciation" method. Please check link below in partnersource for more information:...

Pricing issue in inventory/SOP
We sell in eachs and units - if we change the u of m to each the SOP is correct but inventory is wrong, if we change to unit then inventory is correct but the SOP is wrong. Not sure what we are not doing correctly. Thanks, Do you have the UOM Schedule set up correctly? Set up a test schedule, assign it to a test item, and play. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jedwards" wrote: > We sell in eachs and units - if we...

Inventory Transactions
What is the difference between 'unit cost' and 'current cost'? What's the context? What window or report are you looking at? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I am pulling some information from the Smartlist 'inventory Transactions' and the value of the 'unit cost' for the class I am looking at is more than the 'current cost'. We use Average Cost Perpetual for our costing method, I thought they would have been the same, or should th...

OWA front End
| Today My OWA 2003 cannot log off (when click log off not working)and | reading panel did not display selected mail from front end server. | Form back end no problem at all yusri wrote: > | Today My OWA 2003 cannot log off (when click log off not working)and > | reading panel did not display selected mail from front end server. > | Form back end no problem at all What about your IIS server on the Front end? All services running? Any error message in the application and system log? What's written in the W3SVC log in system32/logfiles? Are you the only one with this problem o...

Trouble w/ inventory items / Money 2003
Not all, but a few items: "On Hand" qty is not the same as "update inventory" qty. ie: Product Name "XYZ" on my "Products and services list" shows a qty of 70 "On Hand"; when I try to invoice 1 unit against "XYZ" product, a box pops up to tell me "You have 0 units of XYZ in stock, are you sure you want to sell 1 units?" If I choose "Yes", the invoice completes itself like normal. When I return to the "Products and services list", it then shows a qty of 69 "On Hand" When I go to the &q...

Best POS/Inventory System for Grocery Stores #2
Hi All, I was wondering what in your opinioin is the best POS/Inventory system out there. And how does RMS rank up? Thank you My apologies for the identical messages! I was having connection problems and got errors after pressing the Send button. Obviously it got posted multiple times. "Tom Bombadil" <Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:219DB89A-D8E0-4926-8762-4B3107C0635B@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > I was wondering what in your opinioin is the best POS/Inventory system out > there. And how does RMS rank up? > > Thank you This woul...

Payroll tax year end closing
I can't find the Payroll year end closing document for v 7.5, all I can find is for v9. Can anyone tell me the TK document number? thanks -- Doug Here's the link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/taxupdates/GP_YE2005Guide.htm TK#857444 -- Cathy "Doug" wrote: > I can't find the Payroll year end closing document for v 7.5, all I can find > is for v9. Can anyone tell me the TK document number? > > thanks > > > -- > Doug ...

ending a process frees up more ram than the process was taking?
I had a process that had a Mem Usage of 685,520 K and PF usage of 2.06 GB. I end the process and my PF usage drops to 1.17 GB. That's a ~890,000 K difference - not ~685,000 K. My question is... why the difference? Why does ending this process free more RAM than the process was taking up? Is this what's known as a memory leak? yawnmoth wrote: > I had a process that had a Mem Usage of 685,520 K and PF usage of > 2.06 GB. I end the process and my PF usage drops to 1.17 GB. > That's a ~890,000 K difference - not ~685,000 K. > > My question is... why ...

Wrong COGS/Inventory in SOP
We have a problem of incorrectly charging Inventory and COGS accounts during Sales Order Processing. This happens when we issue a sales invoice BEFORE purchase receiving. For example, if you drop shipped a product you have never sold before and issued a sales invoice BEFORE purchase invoice or receipt entry, the COGS and inventory account are not affected in SOP because current cost is zero. Once you invoice and/or receive on the POP side, Inventory and Accounts payable affected and only then is current cost updated correctly. So what do you do when you are constantly selling befo...

task not deleting, even after several years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>This is the problem that couldn't be fixed before and so I shelved Entourage. I recently un-tombed Entourage to sync with my iPad and even after trying to delete the more than 1200 tasks, most of which were reoccuring, they came back after I restarted Entourage. I am livid. I had to delete those 1200 one by one. It took over an hour. Mind you, I tried deleting these same tasks several times before I shelved the program with the same results. <br><br>If you know a way ...

Start/End Cells in a Range
Hello all, Having issues with a range and my searching has turned up nothing. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I don't feel like beating my head against the wall anymore. I have a Range object. I'd like to get the row/column values for the start and end cells of the range. The range is 'Raw Data'!$V$30:$V$51. To retrieve $V$30, I can use Range.Row (=30) and Range.Column (=22). How can I retrieve (or calculate) the row/column values for $V$51? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Jay -- Disregard, this is so I can find my post la...

Yearly bills in the monthly budget
Hi. I have struggled with this for ages, hopefully someone can help. I have a yearly payment for auto maintenance. I have the bill in the bills section so that I can see it coming. However my monthly budget lists this, and then assigns a monthly value to this bill (so the year divided into 12). How do I stop it doing this? When the time comes, I just want to pay it in one go - I don't want a silly amount assigned to it each month and throwing my budget off. But I can't remove the entire category because irregular auto maintenance I do want to be listed in the budget so that I c...

Quantity On Hand In Inventory
I have an inventory item number, "EL-20", which shows a Quantity On Hand of 10. The Item Type of EL-20 is "Services". I want to reduce the Quantity On Hand to zero, since I really can't have a Quantity On Hand of a service, and I want to delete the Site ID to which this item is assigned and this is the only item assigned to that Site ID. I tried to do a Item Transaction Entry (Transactions - Inventory - Transaction Entry) but I get a message saying, "Kit, service, miscellaneous and flat fee items may not be adjusted." In trying to see how the quanti...

StockTruth Forex end of week (EOW) readings forecast:
StockTruth Forex end of week (EOW) readings forecast: CHF/USD. URL: http://stocktruth.com/?symbol=CHFUSD=x Forecast: Rise. EUR/USD. URL: http://stocktruth.com/?symbol=EURUSD=x Forecast: Normal Osculation (Flat). AUD/USD. URL: http://stocktruth.com/?symbol=AUDUSD=x Forecast: Slow rise. CAD/USD. URL: http://stocktruth.com/?symbol=CADUSD=x Forecast: Small spike and then slow fall. GBP/USD URL: http://stocktruth.com/?symbol=GBPUSD=x Forecast: Rising Osculation, no clear indication. JPY/USD URL: http://stocktruth.com/?symbol=JPYUSD=x Forecast: Flat, no indication. Note: We are...

Negative Allocated Inventory Quantities
Can anyone explain how the allocated quantity in the Site/Quantities table (IV00102) gets to be negative? It is my understanding that the allocated quantities viewed in the Item Allocation Inquiry screen come from unposted transfers in the Inventory Transaction Amounts Work table (IV10001). Once the transfers are posted, this table is empty and the allocated quantities should all be 0. On the Item Quantities Maintenance screen, the allocated quantity for a particular item site combination should be the sum of all the allocated quantities of that item on unposted transfers. This i...

End-user visibility to eConnect errors
There should be a way for end users to view errors that come out of the eConnect process. Currently, an IT person must review the Event Log on the SQL Server every day to see if any errors occurred during the nightly processing. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

Convert year
When I import automotive data from another database which shows model year in two-digit format, into excel, the model year imports as follows; 98 = 98, but 01 = 1 02 = 2, etc. I have installed the date migration tool, but I still can't seem to convert the year into a four digit format. Is there a way to convert a column of one or two digit numbers to four digit year? Thanx for any help. -- J.R. Jones "JaR" <plente@nospamsofthome.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%2335jwiggDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When I import automotive data from another database which sh...

SOP Entry and Non-inventory Site G/L Segment
I just noticed that when you sell a non-inventory item through SOP, the G/L account number for the Inventory account does not get the correct Site ID Segment number. The other accounts (the Sales and COGS accounts) do have the correct site segment. Why is this? It appears to work correctly with non-inventory account in Purchase Order Processing. ...

Off-line inventory
When you use the off-line inventory options to return items to main inventory how do you return just one item from a line. For example i have one item that has 3 units currently in the off-line inventory and i want to return just one of to main inventory. If i select the line and return to main it returns all 3 yet two them i wanted to stay off-line. Thanks Marc, There currently is no way to break out individual quantities to transfer back to main inventory. It may be best to change the process you use for moving them to offline inventory. This may be tedious, but you can enter the...

Retire in 1 year! Look at this!
http://tinyurl.com/c363e Check out this 2005 established company, currently recruiting online team leaders to help grow and promote the business! Approved by scam.com, the leading online watchdog site - this is not a scam or a get rich quick scheme - you will get out what you put in to this endeavour. I have made more money each month with this as I grow familiar with it so do give it a go. Low investment to get started! Take some time to read thru all the info then make your decision. Work hard at it and this could replace your day job in months! http://tinyurl.com/c363e --- MAF ...

Number series at end of column macro?
Please help...I need an excel macro that will do the following: For example, I have Column A (contains the word =93ADD=94 repeating), Column B(alphanumeric id), all filled with data. The data ends in each of these columns at row x. Column C will contain a number series based on the date and ends at row y < x. I would like a macro that finds where Column C ends, and after the last cell in Column C begins filling it in with a series starting at z, but the series will be formatted as follows: <current week=92s Monday date in yyyy-mm-dd format> TEXT-# For example, 2011-11-14 TEXT-0. By ...

Inventory transaction IM
I have a customer who has written an integration to bring in Inventory transactions using a variance type He’s trying to run an Inventory Transaction integration and is getting the error ‘This record has been created since your attempt to create it. Changes will not be saved’. I have tried to key the information in manually - it appears to okay when keyed manually (although I have not tried to post the batch that I created). Any thoughts? This is on V9 Thanks Jean -- JB Have they tried it with a single item to integrate?Do you know if they have a separate souce defined in the integra...

Formatting Cells to display Date: month/day/year
I am a newbie when it comes to Excel and after doing some searchin through threads I couldn't find the exact answer I needed so her goes: [image: http://www.geocities.com/danmann81/timesheet.jpg] The red box is the area I'm trying to format. What I want to do is se the formula for dates so that the dates update automatically withou having to change them manually every pay period. I hope that mak sense. Thank You Danie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi your link does not work :-) You may try to avoid attachments/links and describe your issue in plain text ...

GENUINE SOFTWARE MESSAGE APPEARS AFTER 4 years
All of a sudden, I am getting a message that my software is not genuine. I am looking at the original disk and product key which I purchased from Microsoft through Office Max. WHAT TO DO. Jonathan Did you follow the directions that came with that message? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jonathan Zingales asked: | All of a sudden, I am getting a message that my software is not | ...