Worksheet skipped

We created a 340 worksheet for 1 particular store.  It keeps getting skipped.
 I have no idea why.  There are 2 skus and they were both created in 2004, so
they are not new.
0
RickASP (39)
8/6/2007 1:58:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Never mind...  We figured it out.

"Rick@ASP" wrote:

> We created a 340 worksheet for 1 particular store.  It keeps getting skipped.
>  I have no idea why.  There are 2 skus and they were both created in 2004, so
> they are not new.
0
RickASP (39)

copy worksheet
Hello I have a workbook which contains several worksheets, all identical (except for their input data). When I create (insert) a new worksheet I can copy & paste cells from an existing sheet into the new one. This is fine, except that the column widths & row heights dont come out right. I can get over this OK, but is there a way to copy an old sheet into a new one and preserve the rows & columns? Thanks K Hi KRK You must copy the complete columns or use this also when you paste your range Rightclick on the destination cell Choose Paste Special Columnwidth OK -- Regar...

Automating input to a new worksheet
I entering information - with a one to many relationship so to speak. ie one state has 6 to 30 behaviors etc. The problem is that the many cell becomes to bulky and large when looking at the information. So I created another worksheet. Now what I want is to link the behavior cell in one worksheet to the data of the behavior in cell of the other worksheet with the ability to dynamicaly manipulate ( ie add,delete,move etc) and not loose the link between the states their behaviors. Any Ideas? I am sure that a database more applicable for this, but I do not have the time or experienc...

using two worksheets on Excel
Hi, I wanted to do the following - I have a master database of about 2000 items (with details against each name). I also generate smaller lists (only names) every week that comprise items from this list. Now is there any way I can pull out other details about each item if I have these two worksheets? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks. Hi Use Vlookup Assuming your data is in a Sheet called Master, in columns A through E, and your smaller list has entries in column A of a Sheet called List. In B1 of List enter =IF($A1="","",VLOOKUP($A1,Master!$A$1:$E$1...

How to sort two groups of rows while skipping over a row
I have a sheet that covers two printed pages. Each of these pages has an identical header row (Row 3 for page 1; and Row 36 for page 2). When the pages are sent to the printer, page 1 has the date at the top and a header row and page 2 starts with the header row. I would like to have the user inputted data in rows 4 through 35 along with rows 37 through 69 to be sorted based on Column A's text input A-Z without blanks being the topmost rows. The current sort method applied is to sort the top group skip row 36 then sort the bottom group. This does not allow the both groups to sort toge...

Importing multiple worksheets from the same Excel workbook
Hi all, I searched for an answer to this question, but didn't find a direct answer. I have an excel workbook that has many worksheets and I need to import all of the data into one access table. I have tried creating a range from the selection, but that range is not visible from the import wizard! Is this possible? Do I need to cut and past all of my data into concurrent rows? Thanks, Jasonm Range argument can be the name of a worksheet in the file: "WorksheetName!" If there is a space or non-letter or non-number character in the worksheet name, then &q...

Sum skipping columns
In cell DC9 I want to enter a formula that will give me the sum of E9+H9+K9+N9+...(every third column in row 9). Is this possible without having to type out =E9+H9+...? =SUMPRODUCT(C9:N9,--(MOD(COLUMN(C9:N9)-2,3)=0)) "Steve" wrote: > In cell DC9 I want to enter a formula that will give me the sum of > E9+H9+K9+N9+...(every third column in row 9). Is this possible without > having to type out =E9+H9+...? Oops- =SUMPRODUCT(E9:Z9,--(MOD(COLUMN(E9:Z9)-2,3)=0)) "Duke Carey" wrote: > =SUMPRODUCT(C9:N9,--(MOD(COLUMN(C9:N9)-2,3)=0)) > > "Steve&...

Copying Master Worksheet
I have a workbook that has 2 worksheets "DATA" & "FOR" In the data worksheet column A contains a store list, one row for eac store. I want to create a copy of worksheet "FOR" for each store in column and name the worksheet the store name. I have code that will do all this instead of making a duplicate copy o "FOR" and renaming it I'm adding a new worksheet and copying a range o cells from "FOR" and pasting them into each sheet. This works ok but loose all my page setup that is in "FOR" Below is the code I"m using...

Populate cell with Worksheet name
Is there a way to automatically populate a cell with the Worksheet ta name? Thank -- jimbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2910 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48841 jimbob, try this, =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) file must be saved first You may also want to have a look here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- Paul B Always backup your data befo...

Have saved over excel worksheet
I was working on a new document. I pushed Save As. Somehow I managed to select my worksheet that I use as a database and saved over it. I then closed Excel. I didn't realise what I had done until after I had closed the document and tried to open my worksheet I use as a database. How do I recover the old version of my worksheet? Please help!!! This is one of those times that it is my sad duty to be the bearer of probably even sadder tidings: Having saved over a file, that original file is gone. Hopefully you routinely make backups of critical files and can recover from tha...

Referencing column to row across worksheets
I have a column of numbers in one worksheet that I want to use in a row of another sheet as a relative reference. Changes in the first sheet should affect the second. How do I do this? Try the below in Sheet2 and copy across....with data in Sheet1 A2:A10.. Adjust the range to suit =INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$10,COLUMN(A1)) -- Jacob "LZCenter" wrote: > I have a column of numbers in one worksheet that I want to use in a row of > another sheet as a relative reference. Changes in the first sheet should > affect the second. > > How do I do this...

Copying Numerical Totals of separate worksheets to a single Summary Worksheet
I wonder if anyone can please help me. I have a several workbooks containing 50 to 80 worksheets. Each workbook has a summary worksheet of the numerical totals of each worksheets. Each worksheet is named with a persons name e.g. SmithC, BlackR, HoffmanD. I'm having to at the moment to copy the totals of each worksheet to the summary worksheet, one by one. As you can imagine this takes time. Is there a quicker way to do this? Thanks, Gerry If it's formatted the way I am imagining, then all you need to do is use the following formula. For instance, if each total on e...

setting a specific worksheet to open when accessing an excel file
Hey all, I'm wondering how I can open up an excel file and somehow make it s that when I open up the file it'll point to a specific worksheet. ie. if I had a huge excel file and was sending an web address t someone to see a specific part of that file, how do I extend th address to include that information.. eg http://somewerver.com/myexcelfile.xls,worksheet5 ?? Thank you for your time, BeeMa -- BeeMa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BeeMan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: h...

read only worksheet wanted.
I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet read only. Is it possible to do this (make a workbook or a worksheet read only) via a macro statement? Hi Susan.......... I just recorded one and it came out like this.......... Sub readonly() ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d83c01c3ef45$3f202900$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet > read only. Is it possible to do ...

Return Excel IF statement to a different worksheet?
How do i return to results of an Excel IF statement to a different worksheet Hi You can only return results into the cell in which the formula is. In order to do what you want, you'll need to put the IF formula into the cell in which you want to return the result. Andy. "addme99" <addme99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B30E9F6-22EA-4C49-9075-9EF7FD370122@microsoft.com... > How do i return to results of an Excel IF statement to a different > worksheet ...

Copying Selective Data Between Worksheets
I am setting up a simple accounts workbook I have one sheet with 11 column headings and as each transaction is allocated to a department I then have a worksheet for each department - I am trying to get it so that when an entry is made in the main sheet it also appears in the department sheet also I have used the following formulas but now the main sheet has passed Row 31 the data is not being picked up on the dpartment sheets In Cell B6 on the dept sheet =IF($A$6="","",IF(Summary!B6=A$6,ROW(),"")) In Cell C6 and then copied across the Columns =IF(ROWS(...

prepaid expenses template-worksheet
I am looking for a worksheet or template to track and calculte monthly expense for prepaid expenses ...

printing mutiple worksheets on one page
How do you print parts of multiple worksheets on one page? Copy and paste the sections you want to print to a new sheet, then format that sheet for printing onto one page.....File > PageSetup > check the Fit to: 1 page wide by 1 tall............. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "reedsmf" <reedsmf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:841D28D7-F109-4D2A-A040-B27C6D5509E8@microsoft.com... > How do you print parts of multiple worksheets on one page? I didn't phrase this question correctly. Is it possible to print multiple worksheets on one page while ...

extracting multiple rows of data from another worksheet
I have one worksheet, full of data. In another worksheet, I would like to search through the data individuals who belong to a certain group and then extract the entire row of information for that particular individual into a new worksheet. How can I achieve this using formulas? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Silverlight Modal Dialog With Custom User Controls http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a01af6c8-c067-4fdd-bc01-d47cf3410feb/silverlight-modal-dialog.aspx Try something like this adapted to your data, column and rows. This will return 12 columns of da...

Merge Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks into One Worksheet

Grouping worksheets?
When I have multiple worksheets open, it used to show the number of open worksheets next to the icon in the task bar. Now if I have any number of books open it shows nothing and I have to close each one at a time to find the right one or go to the Window options in Excel menu. At the same time it works fine in Word. I open multiple documents and it shows me the number I have open and then can click on the icon in the task bar and open up any of the current documents. This is Office XP sp3 JG Maybe this kind of combination of settings will work ok for you. First, inside Excel tools|optio...

Sorting with merged cells in the worksheet
I've got a spreadsheet which has a section (A24:J42) that has six columns. Columns B-F have been merged in this data section, but not so in A1:J23. When I try sorting the data section I am only presented with columns (as a whole) to sort. Obviously, I'm getting the message "merged cells must be identical size". I've looked through past postings about this, and done some Internet searching, and the best I can find is how to unmerge the merged cells and the sort will work. Yup! It works just fine, but the problem is my data section in columns B-F contain...

Acrobat file to Excel worksheet
I need to take a 16 page acrobat file and put into an Excel worksheet. I've seen advertisements converters for PDF to Word. Don't know if there's anything similar for Excel. Try a Google search. If you don't find anything, this will be a manual copy and paste operation. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 06:05:02 -0700, Billie <Billie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to take a 16 page acrobat file and put into an Excel worksheet. Can you talk to the creator of the file and see if it is available as a XL file? "Billie" <Billie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Referencing A Cell in Another Worksheet Within the Same Workbook
I have a workbook with contact names, numbers, and a combination of both. I have a landscape version and a portrait version. I want to only update one and the other automatically updates. I used the "=" sign. When I first created the workbook, everything worked fine. I've since made some changes by deleting and adding. Now some cells don't work. I've tried using the "=" sign again, changing the format to General and Number, but some cells refuse to work. Please help.... Thanks so much. ...

Enabling outline and level functions on a protected worksheet?
Is there a was to preserve the outline/level functions on a protected worksheet? None of the "allow all users to..." elements seem to affect this feature. When protecting a worksheet is necessary for locking certain formula cells, the outline/level functions become inoperative. I have been unable to find the answer in help screens, etc. Does anyone have the key to this mystery? More than likely, you will need to make a VBA Solution. This will require making macros to unprotect the sheet, perform the action, then reprotect the sheet. You will want to provide a custom toolbar fr...

Marco to protect / unprotect worksheet
How can I edit the code below to enter the password snow (I use a password on the protected sheet to keep people from makeing unwanted changes) Also I need code to reprotect the worksheet at the end addining the password snow. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ' ActiveSheet.Unprotect End Sub Sub Macro1() ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="snow" End Sub Note snow is case sensitive -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the qu...