Work orders or layaways in HQ

I have some questions about using HQ and layaways or work orders:
1. I need to find out if work orders or layaways can be generated in one
store and a payment made to the layaway or work order in another store.
2. In addition, could a person pick up the merchandise in a different store
than where the work order was created?
3. Also, can work orders be changed at a different location than where they
were created?

Thanks in advance.
0
kyle (72)
1/6/2009 4:28:16 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Kyle - not out of the box, as a standard installation will not allow you
to create a layaway/workorder in store 2 and have store 5 be the one that
processes the layaway/workorder - nevertheless I believe Retail Realm and
maybe DRS (?) has an add-on you can purchase that will do something along
those lines.

The one thing you can do out of the box is have the client pick up the
merchandise at a different store, then do a transfer out to the original
selling store to negate their negative quantity.  In other words, store 2
makes the sale but does not deliver the items; customer goes to store 5 to
pick up the items.  Store 5 does a transfer out, store 2 does a transfer in
so that the quantities get evened out.

Hope this helps....

"Kyle" wrote:

> I have some questions about using HQ and layaways or work orders:
> 1. I need to find out if work orders or layaways can be generated in one
> store and a payment made to the layaway or work order in another store.
> 2. In addition, could a person pick up the merchandise in a different store
> than where the work order was created?
> 3. Also, can work orders be changed at a different location than where they
> were created?
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
convoluted (621)

Convert Works file to Excel file
Is there a simple conversion package to convert a Microsoft Works file, with extension .xlr, to an Excel file? Is there a download? Note I am running Excel 2002. ...

Split a quote intpo separate orders or invoices
Hello, My problem is the following : the company I work for is selling diffrent types of product : product, service, maintenance. In each categorie I have several "products". In one quote, my sales rep are selling different products from diffrent types. But the different types of products won't be invoiced and paid at the same time. For example we will invoice the product right away, but we will invoiced the service only when it will be done, maybe a month later. What I would like : automatically have one invoice (or orders) by product type. I showed my users to do it manu...

Sales Order Processing and/or Invoicing Modules
On our test server (which is a snapshot of production) I got the info-message "Sales Order Processing and Invoicing modules are both installed. They do not share information. Transactions should be entered in one module only." To me this means that we should be using either Sales Order Processing or Invoicing. Is this a correct statement. If so how do we remove Sales Order Processing. thanks -- grs George, As for the warning message: If you launch GP Utilities you have the option of turning off the warning in SOP or Invoicing or both, the idea being that you need the warni...

Rules Not Working #2
Outlook 2002 (10.5709.4219) SP-2 I have a coworker working at home and he wants all of his forwarded to his personal email account. So I created a personal contact with his home email address made a rule on his outlook to forward all incoming email to his personal email. It didn't work so I added myself and I was got all of his incoming email forwarded to me. I verified that his personal email address was correct. I also tried different personal email accounts in case maybe it was being blocked for some reason and none of them worked. The thing I can think of... is if the em...

Purchase Order Pricing
Great Plains Purchase order pricing doesn't work for my company. Rarely is the unit price that I need on a PO the last invoice price for the item/vendor. Does anyone have any idea if the unit pricing in the POP10110 table can be updated by a SQL script, or would I need to update many other tables to keep the integrity of the system in tact? Kenneth We also have this problem. It would be nice if there was a setting like the PO Generator setting that let you choose which cost you would like to use (Standard, Current, Last Invoice, Functional Currency, etc.) or if there was a 3rd par...

combine work and personal folders in outlook today
Hi, I have 2 seperate Outlook files, one covers the exchange server at work through our VPN and one covers my Gmail account and personal calender entries etc. I'm wondering if it's possible to combine the 2 accounts so in Outlook today it will for example in the calender section mention both upcoming work entries and also personal ones. Thanks in advance for any help! -Dan daniel.byrne@gmail.com <daniel.byrne@gmail.com> wrote: > I have 2 seperate Outlook files, one covers the exchange server at > work through our VPN and one covers my Gmail account and personal > ca...

block sender won't work
Does anyone have any help with this problem What version of Outlook (not Express) are you using? What makes you believe it is not working (need some symptoms to troubleshoot.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ron Erwin asked: | Does anyone have any help with this problem ...

Sort by Icon is not working
Hello, My company recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. I used to be able to look at my inbox and sort the emails by the Icon column (which indicates whether the message is unread, forwarded, replied to, or is an appointment, etc). Now it only sorts out the appointments from all the other messages but it won't sort the email messages by icon (unread, replied to, forwarded) indicated by the blue and purple right/left arrows. Does anyone know how to turn the sorting back on so it works the way it used to? I used to use this sorting heavily to sort thru, file and delete the thousand...

correct password won't work
Hi, I had to reformat & reinstall Win XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled Money 2002 Deluxe v10.0. That went OK but I can not access my money file or restore the backup. I don't use any of the online features of the app. I know I am using the same password as it was the same one before I had to reformat. Any idea how I can open my file? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Jawad wrote: > >I had to reformat & reinstall Win XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled Money 2002 >Deluxe v10.0. That went OK but I can not access my money file or resto...

VS 2008 stop working when interface changes
I have a WPF project with several interfaces which are used in UserControls I attempt to change an event on one of the interfaces and VS 2008 shuts down with a COMPILER ERROR WTF!!! At the present I have tried just about everything I know to get around this. Any ideas? It is VS 2008 Pro. Thanks LS "Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:u0zB170dKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have a WPF project with several interfaces which are used in > UserControls > > I attempt to change an event on one of the interfaces and VS 2008 shu...

Calculating 40hr work week
Hello: Using Excel 2002(xp)... I need to find out the total hours based on a 40hr week. The daily figures that I will be entering into the cells are in HR:MIN format (it's in this format to begin with). How can I total this daily time, to display it in HR:MIN? The total would look like 40:10, which is 40hr and 10min... Also: Is there away to convert 40.05hrs to HR:MIN? I like the answer to display 40:03, which is 40hrs and 3 minutes. (40.05 = 40:03) And (vice-versa, 40:03 = 40.05) Thanks, Mark One way: Use SUM(A1:A10), for example, but format your cell with Form...

Incremental Publish NOT working
i am hoping someone can help me. i use Publisher 2003 (office 2003) and although i have enabled incremental publish, anytime i make even a small change to the website, it seems to upload the whole site - www.overthetop.co.za - any ideas as to why? please! thanks! Geoff You might want to ask this in Publisher Web Design, that is where David hangs out. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

rules not working consistently #3
Ok, Outlook 2003. I am getting a ton of junk mail for various medications (you know the medication that comes in a blue diamond shaped tablet) (see the last paragraph of this post). So I created a "rule" to delete any incoming message with in the subject. But the rule works inconsistently. Most such messages do get deleted, but not all of them. And I can't figure out why it's inconsistent. There is nothing wrong with rule; if I go into the Junk Mail Folder, and I "run rule now", it gets rid of those messages in the Junk Mail Folder with the medication'...

Calculations don't work
I get the following message whenever I open MS Project 2006 (11.3.2007.1529.15) SP3... no calculations can be performed now The dates won't change when I add dependencies to the tasks. It says I have a circular reference issue but can't determine which tasks. I manually removed the links from a handful of tasks but there seems to be no end. I always get the message each time I open the file. How can I save the file and get back to the way it was working? Hi Coachy, Unless you have a backup copy of the project from before you started linking tasks, it's li...

Cluster failover not working after ExchSP2
Exch2003SP1, 2 functional nodes, active/passive. I followed Exch2003 SP2 guidelines and deployed the service pack on the front-end servers first - OK. Then I deployed the SP2 on Node2. When I attempted to "move" cluster resources from Node2 to Node1 the resources did not get moved. I got message on eventvwr: "Event ID 1069, Failover Mgr:" Cluster resource "Exchange System Attendant- MyVirtualServer in Resource Group MyVirtualServer failed. Anyone aware of such issues ? I performed a failover 2 weeks ago and everything worked fine prior to the Exch2003 SP2 insta...

converting time worked to dollars earned.
I am struggling as a total newbie to the excel formula area. I need to convert the hours and minutes to the dollars earned. The worksheet is set up to calcute the total number of hours and minutes worked in one month period. the total columns at the bottom adds the weeks totals into total hours and minutes worked. So That much seems to work well. but when i try to put a salary such as 12.00 per hour times the amount of time worked I struggle. I have tried converting the times to hours alone and minutes alone and then multiplying by 12 but it doesn't work for me.? can any...

Safe List filter not working
Actually, the JEF was set to 'Safe Lists.' Furthermore, I have no email addresses in my Contacts folder. All of the addresses are in subfolders to the Contacts folder. That being the case, it should keep everything except emails from people on the safe lists out of the InBox, but that's not happening. Much of the spam is being sent to the Junk E-Mail box, but not all of it. Almost all of the spam that is slipping through into my InBox is coming from my account with pacbell.net. Might that have something to do with it ? If not, does anyone have any ideas ? -----------...

Tracking employee time and jobs worked on daily.
I am working on a database in Excel to track not only our employees' time (to lessen the amount of manual calculating) but also the jobs they work on during the day and amount of time for each one. I have "start" and "end" times for the day and for each section of the day, then the "work order number" and the "category" or type of work done (fabricate, paint, etc). I want to simplify data entry, but there's too many columns for the "data form". When I'm done, there will be other spreadsheets connected to this one. I'm ...

Create Folders/Append Data permission not working as expected
Hello everyone I have a Windows Server 2003 file server with a shared folder to which a number of additional users have recently been granted access. I have now been advised by one of the data owners that they don't want any of the "new" users adding or removing folders in order to maintain the folder structure. The new users are allowed to add, delete and modify files. I set up a new group for the data owners giving them Full Control over the shared folder, and edited the Advanced NTFS permissions for the existing group (of which the new users are now members...

Switchboard Button Does Not Work
I've created many switchboards in previous versions of MS Access but this is the first one I've done in Access 2007 and I've come across a problem that has not occurred before. I currently have 2 swichboards (the main one, and a secondary one that is reached via a button on the main). When the database is first opened, all the buttons work fine. However, when I run a routine that imports data and then carries out a number of validity checks on that data (again, something that I have done numerous times in the past), the button on the main switchboard that links me to the se...

How to make this work????
Hello. I use excel to make my schedules for work and I would like to b able to type in a shift like 9~6 and have it equal an 8 hour shift s it adds up in the totals column by itself. but I don't want 8 t actually appear in the cell.??????????? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com if I understand you what you saying then is not possible unless without a ugly hack otherwise check Chip's solution to get some ideas. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm hope it helps. Cesar Zapata jrad < wrote: > Hello. I use excel to make my schedules for work and I woul...

RMS 1.3 HQ doesn't account for ordered Items
HQ 1.3.0203 The problem I am having is that when I do a worksheet 340 PO Planner, HQ Accounts for one of my two stores 'ordered' items but not the other. For the problem store, I have to receive the Items in the store before 'ordering items based on re-order information'. Or it will list Items that I have previously entered into a PO, But not received. The confusing part is that it DOES act correctly for the one store but not the other. I believe I have all the settings in both SO and HQ set the same for both stores. Any help would be appreciated. :) Darcy I should ...

how to paste the values in reverse order in workbook
hi, after copying the cells, how to paste the copied cells in reverse order ex: 1 2 3 i want to paste these cells in this order 3 2 1 It would be best to sort the number in descending order after you paste the copied data. Rojee >-----Original Message----- >hi, >after copying the cells, how to paste the copied cells in reverse order >ex: 1 > 2 > 3 >i want to paste these cells in this order > 3 > 2 > 1 > >. > this solution was given by an MVP(sorry I forgot to note the name) suppoe your data is in B1 ...

Business Portal, Req Mgmt
We want to change the Filter By selection list for specific users. It seems that this system has hardcoded the list into the page and the filter cannot be changed. We have some users that have a standard set of requisitions that we have saved for them. We had hoped that the filter by list could be altered to show their 'My Saved Requests' as the default. Unfortunately, although this system is built into Business Portal, we do not have the flexibility of SharePoint to make any changes to the Req Mgmt pages. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microso...

spam filter does not work
I have several mail accounts I redirect to other folders via rules, not the inbox. The problem is it seems when a rule is applied, the spam filter does not check them. Anyway to get it to work? -M ...