Work order to Purchase Order

We've just implemented RMS 1.2 at our store. I noticed
that RMS can automatically place appropriate purchase
orders for items sold within a specified time period. Is
there a way for items on a work-order that are out of
stock or soon to be below acceptable quantities to be
added to the counts in the purchase orders without manual
entry?
0
gregfyn (1)
8/23/2004 2:08:04 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Greg,

I'm editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site
(www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community) and we're having a Microsoft
developer from the RMS team answer questions like yours on ITEMS this week.
We'll post the answers to the site the week of 9/8 (though if you like, I can
fwd the answer to you sooner).

Would you like me to pass your question on to Jimmy Wong, the MSFT developer
doing this Q&A? I should have his answer by Tuesday.

Let me know. You can also write me at the e-mail addresses below.

Best,
Michelle

Michelle Goodman, Editor
e-mail me at a-micheg@microsoft.com or bizmeet@microsoft.com

"Greg Fyn" wrote:

> We've just implemented RMS 1.2 at our store. I noticed
> that RMS can automatically place appropriate purchase
> orders for items sold within a specified time period. Is
> there a way for items on a work-order that are out of
> stock or soon to be below acceptable quantities to be
> added to the counts in the purchase orders without manual
> entry?

0
a-micheg (46)

Customize Outlook Today
I am running Outlook 2000 (SP3) with Windows XP and IE 6.0 with SP1. When I click on the Customize Outlook Today button it does not do anything. What help can any give me? "Dane" <dane@danewatson.com> wrote in news:5ea801c3ad81$d6b66550$7d02280a@phx.gbl: > I am running Outlook 2000 (SP3) with Windows XP and IE > 6.0 with SP1. > > When I click on the Customize Outlook Today button it > does not do anything. What help can any give me? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer http://support...

Payment Calculator not working correctly
Recently I tried to program an Excel spreadsheet to calculate a mortgage Payment using the =PMT(Rate/12,Term,Loan Amount)*-1 formula that I have used on many other spreadsheets. These older spreadsheets all work properly, but they were all written on another computer and imported into the one I am now using. The formula “=PMT(10/12, 360,100000)*-1” should give me a payment of $877.57, but it gives me $83,333.33 instead! Is their a flaw in the newer Excel versions, or a patch I don’t have? Any help would be appreciated. -- SwimBob No doubt you meant =PMT(0.1/12,360,100000)*-1 (10% ...

static member variable not working with static member functions
Hello, think its a lack of knowledge, but I have problem to realize the following szenario: I have a class C. I have 2 member function F1 and F2. F1 is static F2 not. I would like to access a static private member variable V1 from F1 and F2, so in principle both are working on the same memory-physical variable. I don't get it work. What is the right way to realize this? Best Regards Something else must be at work here. Both F1 and F2 should be able to access the static member variable. "ZZT" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:c14s48$66b$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de... > H...

How to Get Rid of Internet Explorer 8? mapquest.com does not work
Hi, I accidentally installed Internet Explorer 8 and now cannot connect to mapquest.com in spite of having tried everything including compatibility mode. How do I get rid of it and download Internet Explorer 7? Everytime I go to the Microsoft.com web site to download Internet Explorer 7 it sends me to the Internet 8 web pages. Hence, I cannot download Internet Explorer 7 from Microsoft. Very frustrating. Time to buy an Apple computer and get rid of this nonsense? -- Senior Software Engineer Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7...

Changing the order of page numbers
Example: On a 10 page doc. you want the first 5 pages to be numbered '1' to '5' then the next 5 pages to be numbered '14' to '18' Is there a way of changing page numbers like the above example? Thanks! Ben Ben Don't understand why you want to do this but the best way is to record a macro while you do it manually. 1. print pages 1 to 5 2. go into page setup and change the first page from auto to the value 9 3. print pages 6 to 10. The page count should start at 14. 4 go into page set up and change the first page back to auto. you'll get so...

TRACE macro not working.
Hi - I am very new to Visual C++ and MFC, so please bear with me. I am using VStudio.NET 2002, and am learning how to write Windows programs with C++, having had a lot of VB experience. I am having problems getting my CView derivation to show graphics functions, and I have been putting TRACE statements in the code to see what's going on. I know they must be executed because MessageBox() appears on cue. I am using the Debug configuration, and as far as I know I haven't changed any defaults. However, nothing is appearing in the Output Window. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Mark Bertensha...

Purchase orders not committing correctly
We have created, received and committed a purchase order in a single store environment and that was in July but now we are looking at our stock and it doesn't show. I have run a movement history report on that item and it shows as being received but nothing else and when it was originally created the item had 0 stock, the other items on that purchase order show correctly but not this certain item. Why would this of happened?and is there anything I can do to correct it apart from just changing the on hand inventory? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0...

Order Entry Form
I have a form with a subform. The subform only asks for product and quantity. First time through this form works great. Second entry skips the product code and goes directly to quantity. I have tried creating this form from the tables and also a query. I have checked all the tab stops and everything else I can think of but can't seem to find what is making this happen. -- Taylor Taylor, Did you create the subform so that you know that know code is causing this? If not, then open a module and do a find on the word 'setfocus' (no quotes). If no results use the word &...

Package purchases
Hi - I'm VERY new to GP and am wondering how to set up inventory to accomodate the purchase of "packages". For example, package XYZ has 8 phones, 1 memory card and 1 controller unit. This "package" can then be sold as-is or we may only sell 6 phones (along with the memory and controller) and later sell the 2 extra phones to a different customer. So my question is: How do I set up this "package" item in inventory in such a way that I am able to break it apart when I go to sell it and yet purchase/receive it as 1 unit? We get a big discount when we bu...

Internet Order download Improvement
When pulling in an Internet order to RMS via cntl-shift-F10, a basic customer match occurs. If a match is not found the only choice available is to create a new customer account. In addition to the "New" option a "Set Customer" option should be made available to allow for a more extensive search and match to occur. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this li...

How to Change Order of Views under Current View
Outlook 2003 - I have my calendar views showing in the left side navigation pane by selecting View/Arrange By/Show Views in Navigation Pane. I have created 2 custom views and would like them to show at the top of the list, not the bottom. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks! ...

Just installed Office 2008, but word doesn't work
All the other office programs work, but Word will not open successfully. It says it encountered a problem and needs to close. What should I do? Start by following this procedure carefully: When you installed Word 2008, it imported some settings from Word 2004, and I wish it hadn't, because that's what is causing this problem. Please: 1) Quit all Microsoft applications. 2) Track down all instances of pre-2008 Normal template on your computer, and drag them to your desktop. The file is called simply "Normal" and has no extension. 3) Find and drag the file Normal.dotm ...

WLM Beta
Using WLM latest beta. I had been using messages sorted by conversation but as many are being "lost" through jumping to lower view I reverted to sort by "From". Now my incoming messages are all over the place with respect to date. No matter whether I select descending or ascending there are some messages that should be at either end but are seen in the middle of the list or elsewhere. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the "From" sort. Is it From by date order or something else? There does not seem to be a way of just sorting by "date&qu...

Custom smart tag in outlook 2003
Hi, I'm sold on smart tags. We have a proprietarty CRM package in house and my custom smart tag handler handles tags for that product perfectly... in Word. It appears that custom smart tags still do not work in Outlook 2003. Can anyone confirm or am I missing an option somewhere? Help in OL for smart tags just describes what they are. Thanks, Mark /\/\/ They work if you're using Word as your email editor. See the smart tag in the To field after you add a contact to that field when using WordMail. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Gu...

CRM 3.0
Hello all! I have a strange problem that's probably easy to solve but I'm missing some vital details. I have a Win Svr 2k3 machine with MS CRM 3.0 installed. The SQL Server and Reportig Server are installed on another physical server. Everything works fine but for one detail: when I try to access Reports (no matter what user is logged in), I get an error message: "A error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator." It happens on every workstation. However, if I load CRM into browser locally, on the server the MS CRM is installed on, Report...

negative qty on order
I was a few $ short of a minimum order on a PO. The supplier added 1 more case pack of an item to meet the minimum. When I received against my PO, I received 18, and the order qty was 12. Now when I run and qty reports, it shows -6 on order for this item. When I look at the item itself, it shows 0 on order. I manually reduced the on hand quantities to test if it would be added to a PO based on re-order quantities. That worked fine. How do I get rid of the -6 on order in my reports? Thanks in advance, MP Not sure what reports you're seeing this on, were they customized to in...

Ignoring Original Message text in reply or forward doesn't work
I've upgraded to Outlook 2003 and it now spell checks all test in original message when I reply or forward. In the configuration screen, I've checked the checkbox to ignore the original text. I've also made sure that in e-mail options, the original message is included without prefixes (since this apparently affects the spell checking) Any other ideas on how to solve this? ...

Outlook 2007
Using Outlook 2007, SP2, in XP. have been cleaning up my file, and deleting old unneedd messages etc. Then tried to Compact the psdt file. The operation would seem to work OK - but only takes approx 1 secpond, and there does not seem to be amy compacting done on the file, which is now 250mb. Anything to look for here to resolve this please?? How much stuff did you delete? Was it enough to affect the size of the pst? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Code for variable sort order
I'm trying to code a program that allows flexible sorting based on certain criteria. I'm having trouble using a variable for sort order. Here is the code. When I hard code sort order (i.e., xlAscending or xlDescending) it works fine. Any suggestions on how to make sort order accept a variable? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range(mSortKey1), Order1:=mSortOrder1, _ Key2:=Range(mSortKey2), Order2:=mSortOrder2, _ Key3:=Range(mSortKey3), Order3:=mSortOrder3, _ Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, _ Ori...

works to excel
I have a spreadsheet file made/sent in .wks How do I convert to excel .xls file? Thanks ...

Microsoft Word 2007 has stopped working
A week or so ago I started getting an error message every time I close Word 2007. The error is "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working" "Windows can check on-line for a solution to the problem and try to recover your information." The problem signature is: APPCRASH/WINWORD.EXE/12.0.6514.5000/4a89d533/wwlib.dll etc. From the error message I get to select two paths to close the program. In either case, the program closes. It can immediately be reopened, however. If I'm using a document in Word and I want to open another document, no problem. ...

But hyphenation Does work!
I'm running Word from Office 2007 (with that darned 'Ribbon'!), but in the Compatibility Mode with a document created in much-more-friendly Word 2003. Within a few seconds after my document loads, I get a message saying that the auto-hyphenation feature isn't resident, and that I should run the installation program again. Well, it IS working just fine, thank you, automatically hyphenating my .doc as I work. Is this a concern or just a bug? hi this is excel. word is down the hall. Regards FSt1 "Jim Wood" wrote: > I'm running Word from O...

1st part works; how to get an actual date dumped?
I was able to put together 2 macros and am pleased with results. When I click on a button that has the macro below assigned to it, it puts the date for this week's Monday into L2 which shows the beginning of the week and which then affects all the rest of the dates in the sheet that are dependent on L2: ********************************** Sub MondayStartDate() ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="R2C12" ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=2-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+TODAY()" Range("L2").Select ActiveSheet.Protect End Sub ********************...

Microsoft CRM does not work with Vista and Office 2007 Offline
We are using a trial version on Microsoft CRM. Our operating system is Vista-32 and we are using Office 2007. Our laptops get synchronization error messages whenever we try to use the laptops offline. Our Microsoft reseller has opened a case with Microsoft but we need this to function offline now. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Saving As "Web Page(*.htm;*.html) doesn't work?
When I try to Save As "Web Page(*.htm;*.html)" nothing happens. I hav Microsoft Excel 2000. Please advise. Thanks, Joe Mille -- Joe Mille ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2990 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49691 this is a reply test -- Joe Miller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900 ...