Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of
items.  What about the extended description?  Thanks for your help.

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/12/2006 1:26:38 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use the MS SQL Data Import Tool by EMS.  $65.00.  The QSImport Tool available
to download from Microsoft will probably work but is not supported by
Microsoft.

Kinnard L. Kohler
Business Machines Systems
6101 South Shackleford Road
Little Rock, AR 72204-8606
(T) 501-375-8380
(F) 501-375-0043
(Cell) 501-412-5686
Email:  kinnard@removebmsar.com

"Lisa" wrote:

> Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of
> items.  What about the extended description?  Thanks for your help.

0
Kinnard (133)
3/12/2006 6:23:04 PM
THANKS I FIGURED IT OUT WITH A SMALL SAMPLE.  ON SMS UPLOAD TOOL YOU JUST
MUST UNCHECK TREAT AS A DUPLICATE.  I WAS SCARED IT WOULD WIPE OUT EVERYTHING
ELSE BUT IT DIDN'T.  FOR  ME AT LEAST.

"Lisa" wrote:

> Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of
> items.  What about the extended description?  Thanks for your help.

0
Lisa1 (290)

Planning Tools
The Implementation Guide refers to some planning files such as excel spreadsheets and visio diagrams that are said to be found in the Planning Tools folder. I cannot find any such folder. Anyone know where these files can be found? Thanks, Chris There is a download somewhere, called Planning_Files.exe, that creates the planningtools folder and contents - probably/I think from www.microsoft.com/downloads -- Peter Lynch "Chris Hedlund" <chrishedlund@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eFIzM%23NtGHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > The Implementation Guide refers t...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

HITB Reset Tool errors
I'm trying to run the HITB Reset Tool in our test environment (v 10), but I got a 7-page list of errors that must be corrected before I can continue. The documentation gives no clue as to what should be done - just an ominous "contact Microsoft". The errors are: 1) Average Item receipt QTY on hand does not equal IV QTY on hand 2) Receipt layer QTY is not 0, but is marked as sold Does anyone know how I would go about fixing these? A normal inventory reconciliation didn't fix them, so there must be some "behind the scenes" sorcery that needs to be done. I&#...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

hide/change color of selected row headings
Is it possible to hide the row heading numbers for selected rows (i.e. rows 51 and greater) for just the selected sheet? I'd like to have a color with no row heading number appear that matches the fill color I select for the adjacent cells. Secondly, any ideas as to how I can prevent the user from scolling further down than a certain point (i.e. row 51). Thanks in advance. Joe Row headings are either on or off, you can't hide some. However, you can achieve a similar effect by hiding *all* headings (Tools/Options/General) and putting the numbers 1:51 in A1:A51. to limit scro...

lead import seams to be boring
Hi. Everytime I import leads from Excel I must manually map every column to the proper CRM fileds. Is there a way to do it once ? In the first row of excel file I wrote the name of the labels of the fields but it doesn't work. Any idea ? Sebastiano To automate it, you could use the Data Migration Framework, set up a recurring DTS task to move the leads from Excel to the CDF tables, and then a batch job to run the Migration tool at night (or whenever nobody is in the system). Harder to set up, but easier to maintain, until the spreadsheet changes. :-) -- Kevin Hill 3NF Consulting w...

Show only extended description on receipt
I have RMS set up in such a way that it shows the extended description of the items at the POS along with the regular description. When i print a receipt both descriptions print. Is it possible to print only the extended description, if so, how?? Hi Terry, You might downloaded the receipt format or done yourself customization. Just try to find first Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription and if you see another variable called Entry.Description Just remove the row or column with name "Entry.Description" It will work, let me know or send me email address I have already the customized o...

changing a name in mulit parts of a document
I am setting up a word document. This will be used as a template In this document I wish to insert the same "name" throughtout this document. Is it possible to change the name in one spot and all of the others change automatically thanks See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...