windows user account permissions

Ok, I upgraded MS RMS 1.3 to MS Dynamics RMS 2.0. Also upgraded SOL to 2.0.
Everything seems fine but when the cashiers try to run POS they are denied
with error "Your windows user account does not have permission to write to
the registry". This is a one lane non networked station. I do not want them
to have user admin rights, but they need to run POS for transactions. Is this
a fix outside of editing the registry?
0
buddy (14)
3/16/2007 5:11:11 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, there is a workaround.  Yes, this is a known issue and this has been
confirmed by MS and no, you must edit the registry.
I was able to re-create the Windows permission error on our lab machine. As
of now the workaround is to change the registry of Store Operations POS to
allow nonadministrator accounts access. I've copied the work around below
for your reference:

1. While you are logged on to Windows under an administrator account, open
the registry editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type REGEDIT, and
then click OK.

2. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Store Operations POS

3. Click Permissions, and then click Advanced.

4. Locate or create the permissions entry or entries that apply to the
nonadministrator account or accounts that will run POS in offline mode,
click the entry, and then click Edit.

5. Under the Allow column for this user, click to select the Full Control
checkbox.

6. In the dialog boxes, click OK to apply the settings.

"Buddy" <Buddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I upgraded MS RMS 1.3 to MS Dynamics RMS 2.0. Also upgraded SOL to
> 2.0.
> Everything seems fine but when the cashiers try to run POS they are denied
> with error "Your windows user account does not have permission to write to
> the registry". This is a one lane non networked station. I do not want
> them
> to have user admin rights, but they need to run POS for transactions. Is
> this
> a fix outside of editing the registry?

0
anonymous (74722)
3/16/2007 5:34:32 PM
Thanks for saving me the trouble of figuring out the registry folder.
Everything is back to normal.

"root" wrote:

> Yes, there is a workaround.  Yes, this is a known issue and this has been
> confirmed by MS and no, you must edit the registry.
> I was able to re-create the Windows permission error on our lab machine. As
> of now the workaround is to change the registry of Store Operations POS to
> allow nonadministrator accounts access. I've copied the work around below
> for your reference:
>
> 1. While you are logged on to Windows under an administrator account, open
> the registry editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type REGEDIT, and
> then click OK.
>

> 2. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Store Operations POS
>

> 3. Click Permissions, and then click Advanced.
>

> 4. Locate or create the permissions entry or entries that apply to the
> nonadministrator account or accounts that will run POS in offline mode,
> click the entry, and then click Edit.
>

> 5. Under the Allow column for this user, click to select the Full Control
> checkbox.
>

> 6. In the dialog boxes, click OK to apply the settings.
>

> "Buddy" <Buddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, I upgraded MS RMS 1.3 to MS Dynamics RMS 2.0. Also upgraded SOL to
> > 2.0.
> > Everything seems fine but when the cashiers try to run POS they are denied
> > with error "Your windows user account does not have permission to write to
> > the registry". This is a one lane non networked station. I do not want
> > them
> > to have user admin rights, but they need to run POS for transactions. Is
> > this
> > a fix outside of editing the registry?

0
buddy (14)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Access 97 can't resize database window

users with restricted access

Office 2007 forms

SBS 2003 moving of users files

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

Office installation and Windows 7

Performance By Investment Account
I've been trying to analyze the return calculations that MS Money provides in both the Portfolio Manager and also the Performance by Investment Account. One curious thing that I've come across and had previously not paid attention to is a feature in the Performance by Investment Account. If you click on "Customize' for this report, under the "Rows & Columns" tab there is a customizable setting called "Do not show performance based on data of less than: xx days." It defaults to 90 days. Does anyone know if this feature actually does anything? I'v...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

How can I export the outline window from Visio?
Having typed in a lot of information, I would like to see it in a "normal" outline view in Word. Is there a way to export the text to Word or just generically? I am using Visio 2007. TIA On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 02:26:02 -0800, tewald <tewald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Having typed in a lot of information, I would like to see it in a "normal" >outline view in Word. Is there a way to export the text to Word or just >generically? I am using Visio 2007. If you want to extract all the text from a diagram then you can use our: http://www.visio-utilitie...

Admin Account
Why do I see my administrator account logging on to every mailbox in the Event Viewer when I reboot. Also, the login list shows my admin account logged into many mailboxes. Is this normal? "Myrick" <pmyrick@keloland.com> wrote: >Why do I see my administrator account logging on to every >mailbox in the Event Viewer when I reboot. Also, the login >list shows my admin account logged into many mailboxes. Is >this normal? Probably because you've got some sort of software that's accessing those mailboxes (like some AV software might do), and it's runn...

Error: msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows
Dear all, I get error mesage "msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows" when preview report. I'm using Access 2000 and Windows 2000. Thanks. Regards, Vensia ...

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

PM Purchase Account
When running a Payables Transaction Smartlist the Purchase account column pulls the information from the Vendor card. Is there an option to have the list pull the PURCH account from the transaction? I can't seem to see an available column that will give that information. Nope. That would require creating a customer SmartList in SL Builder or a report in Crystal or SSRS. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com =A0 On Jul 27, 9:19=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP&...

User not visible in Global Address List
I have one user who from some reason does not show under the Global Address List. They do, however, show under all users and can succesfully send\receive email. All Exchange functionality works as designed. When I go into Exchange Administration, and view the results of the query for the Global Address List, the user shows. This issue is effecting all Exchange 2003 \Outlook 2003 Users. The user is not visible to anyone under Global Address List. I have also check on the properties of the user, and the box to "Hide from Address List" is not checked. Any assistance would ...

Bulk Edit Parent Account
I seem to have the problem of not being able to bulk edit parent accounts in CRM 4.0. I have tried to follow the instructions for fixing this in 3.0, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933898/, but the lines they have you change are not in the 4.0 version of the account entity xml file. Is this a known bug in 4.0 and is there a fix? ...