Windows 2000 Pro Terminal offline not syncing

Hi,

Got a problem here. I have 1 register that entered offline mode, able to do
all transactions allowed in offline, but when going back to online, the
offline transaction did not automatically sync back. When online, syncing of
offline database did not have any problems. User is logged in under member of
"user group". Any way to run command to sync the offline transaction back to
the primary database? Also, how to prevent this from happening again?

Did a search in KB, came up with 836403 "How to use the Terminal Offline
Mode feature of RMSSO", tried to edit the registry but there's no PERMISSIONS
settings in the registry key. I think the KB is meant for WinXP.

Using Windows 2000 Pro OS here. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raymond
0
Raymond1 (40)
1/25/2006 7:19:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Instead of regedit, use regedt32.  This program has a 'security' menu that
will allow you to modify key permissions...

Hope the Registry permissions are all you need - if you get the permissions
set as per the KB and still have problems, I would recommend opening a
support incident with Microsoft.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Got a problem here. I have 1 register that entered offline mode, able to
> do
> all transactions allowed in offline, but when going back to online, the
> offline transaction did not automatically sync back. When online, syncing
> of
> offline database did not have any problems. User is logged in under member
> of
> "user group". Any way to run command to sync the offline transaction back
> the primary database? Also, how to prevent this from happening again?
>
> Did a search in KB, came up with 836403 "How to use the Terminal Offline
> Mode feature of RMSSO", tried to edit the registry but there's no
> PERMISSIONS
> settings in the registry key. I think the KB is meant for WinXP.
>
> Using Windows 2000 Pro OS here. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Raymond

0
glenn9672 (1267)
1/25/2006 2:20:13 PM
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the advice, that solved my problem. Learned something new today
again.

Raymond

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Instead of regedit, use regedt32.  This program has a 'security' menu that
> will allow you to modify key permissions...
>
> Hope the Registry permissions are all you need - if you get the permissions
> set as per the KB and still have problems, I would recommend opening a
> support incident with Microsoft.

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Got a problem here. I have 1 register that entered offline mode, able to
> > do
> > all transactions allowed in offline, but when going back to online, the
> > offline transaction did not automatically sync back. When online, syncing
> > of
> > offline database did not have any problems. User is logged in under member
> > of
> > "user group". Any way to run command to sync the offline transaction back
> > the primary database? Also, how to prevent this from happening again?
> >
> > Did a search in KB, came up with 836403 "How to use the Terminal Offline
> > Mode feature of RMSSO", tried to edit the registry but there's no
> > PERMISSIONS
> > settings in the registry key. I think the KB is meant for WinXP.
> >
> > Using Windows 2000 Pro OS here. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > Raymond

0
Raymond1 (40)
1/26/2006 6:15:01 AM
Hello,

I have similar problem so I was trying to find tghe mentioned article
"836403" but with no avail.
Could you please send me a link to it or point into right direction.

Thanks,
Robert

"Raymond" wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
>
> Thanks for the advice, that solved my problem. Learned something new today
> again.
>
> Raymond
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
> > Instead of regedit, use regedt32.  This program has a 'security' menu that
> > will allow you to modify key permissions...
> >
> > Hope the Registry permissions are all you need - if you get the permissions
> > set as per the KB and still have problems, I would recommend opening a
> > support incident with Microsoft.
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >
> > "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Got a problem here. I have 1 register that entered offline mode, able to
> > > do
> > > all transactions allowed in offline, but when going back to online, the
> > > offline transaction did not automatically sync back. When online, syncing
> > > of
> > > offline database did not have any problems. User is logged in under member
> > > of
> > > "user group". Any way to run command to sync the offline transaction back
> > > the primary database? Also, how to prevent this from happening again?
> > >
> > > Did a search in KB, came up with 836403 "How to use the Terminal Offline
> > > Mode feature of RMSSO", tried to edit the registry but there's no
> > > PERMISSIONS
> > > settings in the registry key. I think the KB is meant for WinXP.
> > >
> > > Using Windows 2000 Pro OS here. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
> > >
> > > Raymond

Robert,

Try this;

http://tinyurl.com/75cs9

You must have access to CustomerSource to view this.

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Robert Szpiczynski" <RobertSzpiczynski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B41E242A-FF6D-45B2-B49E-9C812679FD8C@microsoft.com...

"Raymond" wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
>
> Thanks for the advice, that solved my problem. Learned something new today
> again.
>
> Raymond
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
> > Instead of regedit, use regedt32.  This program has a 'security' menu
> > that
> > will allow you to modify key permissions...
> >
> > Hope the Registry permissions are all you need - if you get the
> > permissions
> > set as per the KB and still have problems, I would recommend opening a
> > support incident with Microsoft.
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >
> > "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Got a problem here. I have 1 register that entered offline mode, able
> > > do
> > > all transactions allowed in offline, but when going back to online,
> > > the
> > > offline transaction did not automatically sync back. When online,
> > > syncing
> > > of
> > > offline database did not have any problems. User is logged in under
> > > member
> > > of
> > > "user group". Any way to run command to sync the offline transaction
> > > back
> > > the primary database? Also, how to prevent this from happening again?
> > >
> > > Did a search in KB, came up with 836403 "How to use the Terminal
> > > Offline
> > > Mode feature of RMSSO", tried to edit the registry but there's no
> > > PERMISSIONS
> > > settings in the registry key. I think the KB is meant for WinXP.
> > >
> > > Using Windows 2000 Pro OS here. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
> > >
> > > Raymond

0
spam3944 (2163)
3/16/2006 11:59:01 PM
That is the problem....I don't have an access to Customer Suppport. We are
small business and do not have budget for it now.
I think I  know that this is a permissioning issue... but not sure where to
go and do not want to mess with registry

Thanks

"Jeff" wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Try this;
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75cs9
>
> You must have access to CustomerSource to view this.
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Robert Szpiczynski" <RobertSzpiczynski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B41E242A-FF6D-45B2-B49E-9C812679FD8C@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have similar problem so I was trying to find tghe mentioned article
> "836403" but with no avail.
> Could you please send me a link to it or point into right direction.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert
>
> "Raymond" wrote:
>
> > Hi Glenn,
> >
> > Thanks for the advice, that solved my problem. Learned something new today
> > again.
> >
> > Raymond
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> > > Instead of regedit, use regedt32.  This program has a 'security' menu
> > > that
> > > will allow you to modify key permissions...
> > >
> > > Hope the Registry permissions are all you need - if you get the
> > > permissions
> > > set as per the KB and still have problems, I would recommend opening a
> > > support incident with Microsoft.
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> > > Glenn Adams
> > > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> > >
> > > "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Outlook 2000-Probelm to move emails from inbox to Personal folder
Hi, We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. I tried to repaird pst file using scanpst.exe, but fail to solve this issue. Please let me know the solution for the same Thanks jignesh On 30 Apr 2004 08:42, "jignesh" <jt141974@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move >emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. > >I tried to repaird pst file using scanp...

Window 2003 x64
All, We're in the process of installing great plains and we just received our window 2003 software but it came as x64 instead of the requested x86. I understand that x86 is 32 bit and x64 is 64 bit. What I'm trying to find out is there any benefit to installing 64 bit and are there any limitation or issues with applications such as with SQL Server 2005 and other. Jamal I use x64 server 2003 with x64 Sql05. One of the big advantages is additional ram that x64 can address natively. You will need to get the x64 edition of SQL to run it, though. -- Gigabyte Tech "Jam...

Change the paramters of the popup display window
Is there a way to change the popup windows? Scenario: When I add the date create column to the activities view, I will no doubt need to extend the window out so I can see it. How do I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. Modifying the activity windows is not supported in the current release. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:20:37 -0400, Todd Reibling <treibling@trnetworkconsulting.com> wrote: Is there a way to change the popup windows? Scenario: When I add the date create colum...

Outlook 2003; Windows 7; "Unable to open your default e-mail folde
Outlook 2003; Windows 7; Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." Outlook then closes when you click ok. Outlook 2003 works fine on a Vista installation, but when Windows 7 upgrade is carried out the error message above always comes up. I have tried deleting the mail profile and recreating it, and creating a new Windows user, but the end result is always the same. I have checked the Application Data/Local/etc file permissions. What am I doing wrong? Is there a bug? My machine is a 64 bit HP Pavilion Intel Quad ...

Floating form/window?
Hello all. Is there a way to have a "floating" form on an Excel spreadsheet? What I mean is to have a form (with controls) that always is available no matter what worksheet the user clicks on. For my particular project, there will be about 50 worksheets in this one project. What I want is to have a form (or window) that is always available so that the user can add a new member whenever they wish. I thought about using a command button, but then I don't know how to make that button appear on each worksheet. The new member would always be added to the active worksheet (or th...

Money 2000 to Money Essentials
All - please advise me on this situation. I have LOVED Money 2000 ever since it came out. It allowed me to do exactly what it is that I want to do which is to manually balance my checking account everyday if that is what I want to do. I have just uploaded my computer and purchased Money Essentials based on the premise that it would allow me to balance my register, but I have come to learn the only way that I can balance my checkbook is to link it to my bank's online services which I don't want to do. My bank charges me $15 per month for that service. I just want to be able...

Access 2000 crashes on DoCmd.FindRecord
Any idea what may be causing this: An Access database, 2000 file format, designed using 2003 but running on Access 2000. To open a form and find a specific record, the following code is run: DoCmd.OpenForm "Quote" DoCmd.GoToControl "QuoteID" ' Contains Record ID DoCmd.FindRecord Forms!MyQuotes!MyQuotesList_subform!QuoteID <-- CRASH HAPPENS HERE, DURING SEARCH Access crashes at the point indicated. Is there anything about the development having happened in Access 2003 rather than 2000 that may provide a clue as to the cause of this? This crash occurs on more ...

Office 2000/XP
We are looking for the functionality that was once in Office 97/98. That was the While You Were Out form. Alot of clients love the form, but unfortunately the later Office 2000/XP doesn't have the form. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks Steven Babcock Senior Network Engineer In The Black, Inc You should be able to use the same 97/98 form in later versions of Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b3901c3928d$7...

Exchange 2000 logging messages received & sent
Hello... I'm fairly new to Exchange 2000 and I need to figure out if it offers any way to log the messages received and the messages sent. I'm hoping for some sort of logging functionality like IIS has. I need to be able to programmatically get access to the log (txt, xml, specific APIs) and verify that a message was received by the server and to further verify that the message was sent via the server. Specific APIs would be the best, but I can also parse or do regular expressions on text/xml as well. Thanks in advance, Roger This information is stored in message tracking logs. I...

Populate a custom field in a scrolling window....(Dave Musgrave please HELP!!)
I have customized the payment application scrolling window to show the customer PO number for each record using the following code. It seemed (at first) to work great but during testing I discovered two issues: a) The first record (only) does not populate the field b) If the user clicks on the custom field the system returns "the record has been deleted by another user" and the rows all disappear. >From reading other posts I think problem b) can be corrected by setting a range but am unable to get my mind around exactly how. Possibly a) is related to b). Any assistance is real...

selling my Programming WIth Windows MFC for less that Amazon is charging.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3560301133&category=1107&rd=1 Thanks ...

Task sync requires giving permission to address book
Each time I synchronize my PocketPC with my computer -- especially tasks, it seems -- Outlook asks specific permission to share items in my address book. This is a pain because I have to answer the dialog box each time. Is there any way to turn this "feature" off? This did NOT happen to me using Outlook XP. I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. (I run Franklin Covey's PlanPlus software, and I upgraded from 1.0.5 to 2.0 at the same time I upgraded Outlook.) I have an iPAQ 1910 running WinCE 3.0.11171. I have a computer running Windows XP SP1 and all latest updates an...

Excel File will dissapear from the screen when the restore window is clicked
I have Excel 2000 and when I open files they open up maximized and if I were to click the restore window button to make the window smaller it dissapears from the screen. In the window listing the file is still open and the only way to get it back is to create new window of the workbook. Hi thanks for the help but it didn't work when the restore button is clicked the move command is all greyed out it wont let me select it and using alt+spacebar+m does not work either >-----Original Message----- >To move the window, press ALT, then SPACE BAR, then M (for >MOVE). Then use...

Purchasing Item Inquiry window
Inquiry>Purchasing>Purchasing Items. It looks like if the item has been fully received (possibly also necessary to invoice match) the item and PO will not appear in the inquiry window. Is this correct or am I missing something.... thanks -- Doug You are incorrect. Make sure you select "Open Purchase Orders" and/or "Historical Purchase Orders", depending upon if the PO has been moved to history. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Doug" wrote: > Inquiry>Purchasing>Purchasing Items. > > It looks like if the item has been fully received (pos...

Re-installing windows XP questions
I'm going to do a clean re-install windows XP. I won't be able to ask for help once I destroy the present installation so I'm trying to learn what I can now. I have two DVD drives D and E I have two hard drives. The too small one (34g) is presently C and is my system disk. It has a couple of partitions from dell. One for the system and one for diagnostics. The other presently (500g) is presently has partitions H,I,J I'd like to make the big one the system disk and would like it to be called C. Best if I could make two partitions C (300g) and any l...

How do I print multiple files from windows explorer?
I can't print multiple files from explorer. I select them, then hit print, but only a few will print out, maybe 3 out of 10. Also, if I need to set the properties of the files to something different, like landscape on 11x17" paper, how do I do that for all the files without having to open each one. Thank you! >>Also, if I need to set the properties of the files to something >>different... As far as I know you have to open a workbook to change its printer page setup. There is no way to override the workbook settings externally. -- Jim "GMed" <GMed@d...

Get Access Denied when trying to connect to Exchange 2000 mailboxes or public folders through Backup Exec 9.1
Hello A few days ago, demoted my Exchange 2000 machine from a domain controller to a member server. Ever since then, when Backup Exec runs the nightly backup, it will not backup the Exchange mailboxes or public folders. It gives an Access denied error. All the permissions seem to be correct. Try to use an Exchange Admin account on Backup Exec. However, I'm curious that you don't need to re-install Exchange server on a demoted DC. -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "Pappy" <sodapopsalot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174314614.781324.17880@n59g2000hsh.google...

VB Editor Window
How can I get my VB Editor Window to always be maximized? I seems to default to 'normal' size, even after I maximize it and save the spreadsheet. Is there some way to set this? -- Bill @ UAMS Try clicking the Save button in the VBA window while it is maximized instead of changing back to the worksheet to save. Works for me. -- Regards, OssieMac "BillCPA" wrote: > How can I get my VB Editor Window to always be maximized? I seems to default > to 'normal' size, even after I maximize it and save the spreadsheet. Is > there som...

CRM 4.0 Client can't go offline
We have this problem long time ago and we are desperate. Problem description: The CRM 4.0 can't go Offline, the error text is "A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again .If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions...". Seems that the ticket ID between the Server and Client is lost. If we run the Diagnostic Tool and fix the Synchronization, it work again but the next day we have the same issue. I have found this Hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B951301&x=7&y=15. Unfortunately it didn't work f...

Inbox missing from Storage folders in Windows Life Mail
My entire set of Inbox letters has disappeared from "Storage Folders". Even the word "Inbox" has disappeared and I cannot access the hundreds of letters which were stored in it. How can I get this all back? Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Randidel" <Ra...

FWD: Look at critical pack for Windows
--nmbbnxcypcfq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="itifrvryovj"; type="multipart/alternative" --itifrvryovj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="farpnhppba" --farpnhppba Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

Automatically saving attachments of a pst into windows folder #2
Hi All, I want to save all the attachments of a pst, i got, to a windows folder automatically. This can be done manually by opening that pst in outlook, going to a particular mail and saving all the attachments in a windows folder manually. I guess there must be something in outlook 2000 by which we can save all the attachements of all the mails saved in a pst automatically. Please let me know how can i achieve this. Thanks in advance, Vineet Kumar sharma.tilak@gmail.com, you wrote on 27 Mar 2006 22:43:32 -0800: > I want to save all the attachments of a pst, i got, to a windows fol...

Outlook 2000 to 2003 #3
How do I move my outlook data from a PC running Outlook 2000 in Windows ME to a new laptop running Outlook 2003 in Windows XP? Export everything to a PST file and import the PST on the new system. See the post a little ways back at: news:#dFoopGaEHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl HTH Rich "LLOWE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2af4a01c46873$9709dbf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I move my outlook data from a PC running Outlook > 2000 in Windows ME to a new laptop running Outlook 2003 in > Windows XP? Do NOT import/export. Simply copy t...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT. July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Hacking Software. Our group is on a mission to build a rich, powerful platform to help protect Microsoft products against piracy. Here is your chance to join a team of exceptional developers as we build an extensible cross-company platform to support this vision. This is a fast-paced group that rewards smart and motivated individuals. Some may consider anti-piracy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has post...

possible to create CHILD WINDOW inside POPUP menu???
Is it possible to create a child window inside of a popup menu window (#32768 class)? I have the window handle of the menu itself and have created a child window inside of it... it doesn't seem to paint properly or even handle the mouse properly. I've tried applying the WS_CLIPCHILDREN to the menu window. I basically want to insert a child window into a popup menu in place of an owner-draw item. ...