What kind of function should I use?

Hi there,

I was wondering what type of function should I use in the xml reports for
the receipts. I need a rounding function but I can't find info on which
language or standard they use.

Please help!

DO NOT DELETE THIS QUESTION PLEASE!

Thank you

Julien

0
julien9996 (95)
9/17/2008 2:32:41 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_207E425D

Good morning Julien,

Thank you for posting your rounding question.

Can you please let me know what you are trying to round?

Or is this related to your question about discounts?

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

--------------------
From: "Julien Bonnier" <julien@m0851.com>
Subject: What kind of function should I use?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:32:41 -0400

Hi there,

I was wondering what type of function should I use in the xml reports for
the receipts. I need a rounding function but I can't find info on which
language or standard they use.

Please help!

DO NOT DELETE THIS QUESTION PLEASE!

Thank you

Julien

------=_NextPart_0001_207E425D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning Julien,
\par
\par Thank you for posting your rounding question.
\par
\par Can you please let me know what you are trying to round?
\par
\par Or is this related to your question about discounts?
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "Julien Bonnier" <julien@m0851.com>
\par Subject: What kind of function should I use?
\par Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:32:41 -0400
\par Organization: m0851
\par
\par Hi there,
\par
\par I was wondering what type of function should I use in the xml reports for
\par the receipts. I need a rounding function but I can't find info on which
\par language or standard they use.
\par
\par Please help!
\par
\par DO NOT DELETE THIS QUESTION PLEASE!
\par
\par Thank you
\par
\par Julien
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_207E425D--

0
tberger (219)

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

Testing a range of cells in an IF FUNCTION
Trying to test a range of cells in an IF Function. I would like the function to look at 15 cells in a single row, find a value within those cells, and then return another value if TRUE/FALSE. As of now, I can only apply the "logical test" in the IF formula for ONE CELL ONLY. I would like it to test a RANGE of cells in one row, find if any of the values match my logical test, and then return a value. Anyone understand or know how to do this? I tried apply "lookup" function, but I don't think it will work Please help Aaro aaronplange at hotmail.com Hi maybe someth...

Trouble with hyhens within text when using LOOKUP
I have two columns, each containing a list of part numbers. Some of the part numbers contain hyphens. I am using LOOKUP and/or VLOOKUP to determine if the value in one column exists in the other. This works great on non-hyphenated part numbers. However, it will not find or return the hyphenated part numbers from the specified arrays. As a test, I did a quick if statement to compare the instances of identical hyphenated values that exist in both columns. Those statements did not have a problem with the hyphens. Can anyone offer any help? If hyphens cannot be used in conjunction with the ...

Using formulas to filter
Is there a way to filter a list by formulas the same way the Data->Filter option works? I'd like to take the matrix: Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== Smith 30 $104.2 Yes 52 Jones 31 $155.3 No 51 Jones 31 $422.2 Yes 49 Freer 31 $424.3 Yes 42 Waylan 30 $322.5 No 50 Smith 31 $288.3 Yes 49 etc. And, using a formula, filter on Col B = 31 to produce: Col AA Col AB ...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Has anyone used the Remove MO Utility?
I have a closed Quick MO that did not process properly somehow. The MO is flagged as closed, but sime items were not issued and are stuck in WIP. I ran the Tools > Utilities > Manufacturing > Remove MO process in a test database. It removed the MO and the items re no longer hung up in WIP. Has anyone else ever executed this process? Are there any gotcha's I need to be aware of? Many Thanks. Jim Hi Jim, I too have used this in a development/test environment and have not encountered any problems. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lu...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?
I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data. From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter, into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the lines into sheet B. The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other may have 200-300. Is there any type of function for this? Thanks! Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

How to use CxImage?
Hi I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone who have used this class and can you help me about using it? Thanks On Jul 3, 7:12 am, ibrahim <ibra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I want to display a jpeg picture by using CxImage but I am new to visual c++ > so I couldn't understand how to use this class in my project.Is there someone > who have used this class and can you help me about using it? > Thanks Its all here: http://www.codeproj...

How to use MSExcel to plot Column A against Col B?
I want to plot col A (x axis) against col B ( y axis). I cant seem to do it. Can anyone here please give me step by step primer. Thanks in advance. All I get is the graph of (1,2,............n) (x axis) against the n values of either col A or B. i.e 2 graphs instead of one. (In the old Lotus this was so simple: select the column for the X axis and then select the col for the Y and press enter, and you'd get the chart) Why is it so diff in Excel? Select the entire range you want to graph such as a2:b44>insert>chart>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...

Using Outlook to access and compile information in calendar
I want to create an application that will compile schedule information from Excel worksheets or an Access database and display them in a calendar type format. I know this type of application can be built using PivotTables in Excel, or forms in Access, but I was wondering if I could use the calendar in Outlook to display the information rather than creating PivotTables or custom forms which would wind up looking something like a calendar anyway. Before I start the job I'd like to know if I can work Outlook into the equation or if I really have to build it from scratch. Thanks, JEM ...

Using cell text in a formula
I am trying to use derived cell references in a VLOOKUP formula to matc data in several tables. For example, A1 contains the cell reference fo the top left of my array (A3) whilst cell A2 contains the cel reference for the bottom right of my array (D14). The array I' checking against starts in column E3. However, when I use the formula =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:A2,4,FALSE) I get a #N/ error. I need to use the cell references in each VLOOKUP as the arra sizes may vary in each case. (PS, I've used =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,A2) to derive the cell references. Ji -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Should unimplmented pure function throw a compile error?
It's been a while since I have written anything with abstract classes. If I derive a class from my abstract class and do not implement a pure virtual function of the base class in the derived class, shouldn't the compiler throw an error? -- Bruce E. Stemplewski GarXface OCX and C++ Class Library for the Garmin GPS www.stempsoft.com yes, if you try to instantiate the class in your code it should. "Bruce E. Stemplewski " <BruceStemplewski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uaGJZhYCFHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > It's been a while since I have written anyt...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

function keys
Hello, Is there a site where I can get a recap of RMS function keys? Not that I know of, but F1 - Help is a really good place to start! Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. newbie wrote: > Hello, > Is there a site where I can get a recap of RMS function keys? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02DF_01C6B6FC.B3481FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; ...

Using CMFCToolBar and CMFCMenuBar?
After initial frustrations indicated by recent messages, I am now getting on with these classes relatively cordially. The user of my program can add or remove buttons to/from the CMFCToolBar(s), and menu items to/from the CMFCMenuBar - all beautifully customisable. The program knows about the available commands and they can be added to any toolbar or menu. And new custom tool bars can be added by the user. It's all fiendishly clever. However: my questions (today) are as follows: 1. The MFC Customise dialogue, from which one can drag commands to toolbars and menus,...

buy from this E-hermesol company is fast only used my 5days
I would like to introduce you a very good company which I knew. Their company homepage is www.ehermesol.com. They can offer you all kinds of electronical products which you need, such as motorcycles, laptops, mobile phones, digial cameras, TV LCD ,x box, ps3, gps, MP3/4, etc. Please take some time to have a look at it, there must be something you 'd like to purchase. Their contact email: ehermesol@188.com MSN: ehermesol@hotmail.com Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company! Regards ...

I want to design both side of a post card using publisher 03
I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? Insert Page -- Don Vancouver, USA "bettboop" <bettboop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D78C55-BB03-44EC-97AF-D8FBA74FB95C@microsoft.com... >I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? ...

Attach Trigger to Save Function of Form
I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of an already existing GP form using Dex. In one of the documents, it states that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function. I am trying to acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form. I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an unknown reference. Is there some documentation with a list of the functions for each form? Mike, PM_Vendor_Maintenance is an older form and probably doesn't have a SaveRecord function. Try running t...

Using Outlook over a Network
Hi, I would like to know what software I need to allow multiple users to access one MS Outlook Calendar. The computers currently have Outlook 2000 and I would like the users to be able to edit one central calendar simultaneously, directly in the calendar (ie. not requiring users to send emails etc.) What sofware beyond Outlook 2000 do I need and is there any info on how this is done? Thanks Adrian Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Plea...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Re-exporting functions from dynamically linked DLL
Hi, I have the following situation: I have a 3rd party DLL which does not include a LIB file, just a header file with typedef declarations for exported functions (It is intended for dynamic linking) I need to wrap the DLL to allow for callbacks to my own code (in Lisp), and to do this I need to load the DLL using LoadLibrary and access each function that I need using GetProcAddress. So for example: The third party header will say: typedef INT (WINAPI * lp_function)(); Then in my c wrapper file: #include "3rdparty.h" #ifdef _WIN32 #define DllExport __declspec(dllexport) #else #...

how can i use countif function inside a filtered range
How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Hi, Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18="Red")) -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "jayin" wrote: > How can I use countif function inside a filtered range Shane Devenshire wrote on 02/24/2009 02:05 ET : > Hi, > > Not much detail here, so this is the general idea: > > =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(C13:C18,ROW(13:18)-13,0,1)),--(C13:C18=&quot;Red&quot;)) > > ...