Weird Gift card amount.

I've issued two different gift certificates, complete with bar codes on  the
back, one for 10.00 one for 20.00.  However when they are scanned, the 10.00
prices out at 9.00 and the 20.00 one prices out at 18.00???  any idea anyone
how to fix this?  I have them as non taxable, no commission, no sales....no
nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks.

Marwat
0
marwat (25)
5/3/2006 6:06:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you mean by "prices out"?  Most of your post looks like you are
having trouble upon redemption, but that part sounds like it's at time
of sale...

If this is a problem at redemption, check the Tender Type Properties and
make sure the tender is set to use the correct currency type.

Other than that, it sure does sound like these certs were sold at a 10%
discount.  In Manager run the Miscellaneous Report, Vouchers - Detailed.
  This will show you all of the transactions related to each Cert.  If
you are journaling receipts, you will be able to drill into each receipt
from the report as well.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

marwat wrote:
> I've issued two different gift certificates, complete with bar codes on  the
> back, one for 10.00 one for 20.00.  However when they are scanned, the 10.00
> prices out at 9.00 and the 20.00 one prices out at 18.00???  any idea anyone
> how to fix this?  I have them as non taxable, no commission, no sales....no
> nothing out of the ordinary.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marwat
0
glenn9672 (1267)
5/3/2006 7:58:57 PM
OOOPs....we were selling this item to a customer who receives a automatic 10%
discount.  SO of course the GC was discounted too.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Marwat

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> What do you mean by "prices out"?  Most of your post looks like you are
> having trouble upon redemption, but that part sounds like it's at time
> of sale...
>
> If this is a problem at redemption, check the Tender Type Properties and
> make sure the tender is set to use the correct currency type.
>
> Other than that, it sure does sound like these certs were sold at a 10%
> discount.  In Manager run the Miscellaneous Report, Vouchers - Detailed.
>   This will show you all of the transactions related to each Cert.  If
> you are journaling receipts, you will be able to drill into each receipt
> from the report as well.
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> marwat wrote:
> > I've issued two different gift certificates, complete with bar codes on  the
> > back, one for 10.00 one for 20.00.  However when they are scanned, the 10.00
> > prices out at 9.00 and the 20.00 one prices out at 18.00???  any idea anyone
> > how to fix this?  I have them as non taxable, no commission, no sales....no
> > nothing out of the ordinary.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Marwat

0
marwat (25)
5/3/2006 8:24:02 PM
You can make your GC - Not discountable in the Item's properties under the
Options tab if you are unaware of this setting.

Rob

"marwat" <marwat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OOOPs....we were selling this item to a customer who receives a automatic
> 10%
> discount.  SO of course the GC was discounted too.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to respond.
>
> Marwat
>

> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by "prices out"?  Most of your post looks like you are
>> having trouble upon redemption, but that part sounds like it's at time
>> of sale...
>>
>> If this is a problem at redemption, check the Tender Type Properties and
>> make sure the tender is set to use the correct currency type.
>>
>> Other than that, it sure does sound like these certs were sold at a 10%
>> discount.  In Manager run the Miscellaneous Report, Vouchers - Detailed.
>>   This will show you all of the transactions related to each Cert.  If
>> you are journaling receipts, you will be able to drill into each receipt
>> from the report as well.
>>
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>>

>> marwat wrote:
>> > I've issued two different gift certificates, complete with bar codes on
>> > the
>> > back, one for 10.00 one for 20.00.  However when they are scanned, the
>> > 10.00
>> > prices out at 9.00 and the 20.00 one prices out at 18.00???  any idea
>> > anyone
>> > how to fix this?  I have them as non taxable, no commission, no
>> > sales....no
>> > nothing out of the ordinary.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Marwat

0
Rob

Monney 2007 Budget and Credit Card Transactions
I am using Money 2007 and I assign all my credit card transactions to categories and subcategories. However, the Budget Summary excludes all my credit card transaction even though I checked in the account setup "Include this account in the budget planner". Obvious, I want these items to show up against the Actual category values in that summary to which they apply to so that I can plan my future budget. Is there some way I can correct or workaround this? Thanks in advance for any corrective responses. If you're using the advanced budget you can enter the budget amount...

Can't upload business card in Outlook 2000 as I can for Outlook
Express allows you to upload a business card that is like a header at the top right of every e mail. Outlook seems to only allow a V card which is not visable when sending e mails. Express allows the card to show without blocking the entire page . Express has tools, options, compose, and under Stationary you can upload a new jpeg along with the signature at the bottom. Outlook has almost the same feature, but when trying to upload the stationary, the card duplicates itself and covers the entier page like wallpaper which does no good. HELP Doug In news:9364D241-098E-48F4-9B5A-DB4411A4...

How to Select large amount of data in a colum that equals column from another table.
Ive got a huge table and I want to select the data in one column that is equal to that of a column in another table? is there an easy way to do this? Thanks One way, if you know the parameters of the original, is to type the references in the name box and hit <Enter>. For example, click in the name box and enter: E1:E65000 Then <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wro...

Credit Card
we have a sales points in our shops, and we setup a credit card account in G.P as a Bank Account. The issue is when we recieved money from customer by credit card e.g 100$ , the bank will deposite in our account 98$, Banks dedcution 2$ for every transaction by credit card . and our books shows 100$. How can we solve these fees on credit card on sales points? Hello, It seems like the only way to do this is to have a tiny customization (VBA or Dex) that would know when a Credit Card payment is made. The customization can then add a line in the distribution amount for $2.00 to keep track...

Credit Card Accounts #3
Is there a way for money to automatically determine how much of my payment goes towards the principle? At the moment I enter a Credit Card Payment or Transfer: To Credit Card in my checking account transactions list. The transaction appears in the register for the appropriate credit card. Then I have to manually enter the amount of interest paid that month to get the correct balance. -or- Can money automatically enter just the monthly finance charge/interest paid? JRam wrote: > Is there a way for money to automatically determine how much of my payment > goes towards the principle...

Cannot void credit card transactions
For some reason we can't void transactions. When I try to do the void, it will first give the error message: "an invalid card number was detected." If I try to re-enter the card information correctly (swipe or hand-key) it starts to process the void, but never finishes. The status bars indicate that something is happening, but I don't believe them. It will take about 10 min to reach the end of the status bar box (the blue squares) and then it will stop and do nothing and the only way to close it is by shutting down the whole program-- ctrl+alt+del. We can, however, recall tr...

merged print names 4 up post card
USING PUBLISHER 2000 - The merged print dialog box does not provide a selection for print side 1, print side 2 separately (instead printing side 1,2 side 1,2 etc,) I desire to print the clients <<first name>> (as in dear <<first name>>) on side 1, and mailing address <<first name>>,<< last name>>, <<address>>, etc. on side 2. I did follow the site instructions to create two separate files - but names will not line up on the 4 up post card. I do not have a duplexing unit on my HP8550 printer, so I must flip the stack over and ru...

how can I use Pub2002 business card form for membership cards?
I am using a business card layout, but want to print 10 membership cards, each with a different name. I can only get 10 identical cards on print preview and don't know how to create a form which would allow me to print the page of 10 cards, but each with a different member's name. Help! If you are using mail merge then you will only have one card on your screen. The print preview in 2002 that views every card the same is a Publisher bug when using mail merge. If you plan to manually type different names on each card... Arrange, Layout Guides, Left & Right .75, top & Bott...

Gift Certificates and Vouchers #2
I have recently switched to RMS from a different POS system. In the previous system, our gift certificates were not sold with a voucher number attached. How do I redeem a previously sold gift certificate in RMS without the number, as RMs asks you for the number? Is there a way to trick or bypass this system? The easiest way to solve this is to create an additional tender type to represent these old certificates. Give it a tender type of "Other". "Other" tenders just require an amount, so you can redeem the old certs without entering a voucher number... Glenn ...

changing page size for business cards
I'm trying to save the business card I've designed in Publisher 2007 that I can upload it to VistaPrint. The problem I'm running in to is that if I change it to print 1 per page, it puts one in the middle of an 8 1/2 x 11 page. I tried changing the paper size too, but it doesn't work for some reason. Does anyone know how I can do this? VistaPrint says it accepts Publisher files so there must be a way... Using: Publisher 2007, XP, Internet Explorer Thank you!! In Publisher to print a sheet of cards it is done in the Print operation. Look in the Print sequence for the...

How to show web sit address in the business card of the e-mail
I use the business card when e-mailing. My web site address is showing part of my business card. It is in the contact list, but will not show up on the attachment when sent as e-mail. ...

How to make sure a refund will deduct the amount from the category
In my example I spent $50 and put it in the "Clothing" Category. A few days later I returned the clothes and the store put the $50 back in my account. However, when I enter this deposit and use "Clothing" as the category again, it still looks like I spent that money in clothing on the reports I view. Thank you for your help in advance. You may have to customize the reports to show both payments and deposits. "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D9B2A44-ED85-42AF-9B93-10E460C13926@microsoft.com... > In my example I spent $5...

Home Depot Credit Card / CashEdge ??
When did Home Depot Credit Card start using CashEdge instead of Yodlee for the Money 2006 transaction download interface?? Anyone else out there have a Home Depot Credit Card account that quit downloading? ...

Credit Card Processing Connection Problems
Hi all ~ Every now and then we will be trying to process a credit card that can't connect to the Internet. The POS tries to use an alternative connection, such as dialup, which isn't configured or available. When a credit card process fails due to connection issues, what the best way to get the connection re-established? Jerry, More info please. What program are you using to process your credit cards? PCCharge, ICVerify or the built-in so-called Citibank interface? What you might want to do is have a dial-up internet backup. This can be handled a couple of different ways dep...

Sum amounts allocated with Per unit cost type
I am having issues making assembly transactions with a per unit cost type. The assembly transaction pulls one UoM for each unit assembled instead of summarizing and pulling in one lump sum. Example- if 5000 units are being built with cost type "per unit" ratio 1:1, once the BOM status is changed to released, the BOM assembly window allocates one at a time. It allocates 1 UoM 5000 times instead of just taking 5000 once. This causes the program to run very slowly. What can I do to make it allocate at once? Thanks ...

Encrypt Bank (Cust & Vend: CC, Bank Accts) in cards and EFT setup
I am finding more clients that are requesting that Customer & Vendor Bank information be encrypted at the data base level. This would include bank accounts and credit card information at the Customer/Vendor card level and in the EFT setup screens. It would also be beneficial that after the Credit Card and/or bank account is saved that only the last 4 digits are visible in the Great Plains windows: For Example: Bank Account # 12345678 shows as XXXX5678 This would help satisfy Sarbox along with those clients that perform many banking transactions and are members of banking networks. ...

Gift Certifcates
Hi folks The Gift Certificate was setup as Serialized Item, Must enter Price at POS, and we sold three of them... I went to see the value left on the Gift Certificate on POS screen using Ctrl-shift-F3 - but the serial number was not found...I think that I should have created the Gift Certificate as a voucher. What do I do to fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated? Dan Do a detailed sales report based on the item lookup code of the item. Create a new Voucher item type (don't worry about the lookup code, you can change it later). Since your item is serialized instead of...

Need Gift receipt as a option on POS screen
As I understand it, the gift receipt replace the current receeipt. It need to be a option under the function keys, that will allow you to print the original receipt for the customer, then print a gift receipt if requested. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message p...

how to get word amounts from numbers in cels
I AM USING OFFICE 2003 EXEL, AND IN MY COLUMS WHEN I MAKE A SUM , THE RESULT OVIOUSLY COMES IN NUMBERS, MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I OREDR EXEL TO WRITE, A NUMBER IN WORDS IN THE CEL BELOW TO IT Try searching Google with Excel numbers in words as the search criteria ... lots of advice and code. Some examples: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlnumberstext.htm http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q213360 Please try not to use all capital letters ... it doesn't make it any easier to read. Regards Trevor "DONPITO" <DONPITO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Huge credit card error.
Has anyone ever experianced this problem? Right after i swiped the credit card the whole transaction lost. Any idea? I am using RMS 2.0 sp1. I have seen that problem along with other points during the transaction where the process doesn't complete: doesn't write tender entry or jornal entry to the database or print the receipt. At any point previous to this when the program locks, you just close pos and try again, but freezing at the end of the transaction makes a mess. Jeff from Check Point has some good posts about the Client Network Utility configuration that h...

We can all use it! Gift of money!
Ok so here goes! This systems has been featured on Oprah, Tonight Show, Dateline, and many other television shows as one of the easiest and fastest ways to circulate money around the globe. It is proven to work and can be done. All you have to ask yourself is one simple question! "Could I use some extra cash right now?" If you answer no you are most likely lying to yourself due to the fact that everybody in the world could use some spare change to help better their lives.. Of course there is never a such thing as free money in this world, everything has a price tag on it. ...

Weird form
Hello everyone This may be very easy for you but not for me. So be pacient please and try to help me. 1. I have a form with 4 sub forms. The main form, the first one, has a combo box and it's suppose to choose a value. I do, and after i do it, some table get's changed but not the same were that combo goes to read from it. Very weird for me. 2. On that same form with 4 sub forms, how can i "say" somewhere that, that form only opens if it has any value (after i choose it on that combo above). I guess it's very easy for you but not for me cose i understand nothing on ...

Credit Card customer name on receipt
I have a customer who wants the name on the (swiped) credit card to show up on the bottom of the receipt (next to the last 4 digits of their card and the authorization code), when a credit card transaction is done in Store Opeations. We currently use a Cherry Keyboard with an integrated mag stripe. They do not want to add the customer to the POS database to make this happen. Does anyone know what commands are necessary to get that data from the card to the receipt? RMS does not record this info (even though DB Fields exist that were obviously meant to hold it). Try an external paym...

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

Forcing Cashier to Enter Cash Amount?
Is there a way to force the cashier to enter the amount that was given to him/her instead of pressing the + key to open the drawer once the tender screen is displayed? -- Thank You Vince :) ...