Warehousing in RMS

Does anybody have any suggestions relating to a Potential Customer that wants
to use RMS in Stores but also runs a separate warehouse. I know that RMS is
very limited in its warehouse functionality but does anybody know if RMS has
any interfaces into a Warehouse system including multiple bins, put aways,
pick lists etc. Does RMS interface to Navision Warehousing for example?
0
KRobins (7)
8/22/2006 4:11:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Robin
What is yours Business case. I am using MS Headquater im warehouse .for
physical Inventory use another Store operation in your warehouse.If company
has seperated
accounting department then you can integrate your accounting system with RMS
..If your accounts managed by some private company and you need just A4
invoice then use RMS SOP.for centralization use HQ with RMS SOP in your
warehouse so you can track physical inventory.
"K Robins" wrote:

> Does anybody have any suggestions relating to a Potential Customer that wants
> to use RMS in Stores but also runs a separate warehouse. I know that RMS is
> very limited in its warehouse functionality but does anybody know if RMS has
> any interfaces into a Warehouse system including multiple bins, put aways,
> pick lists etc. Does RMS interface to Navision Warehousing for example?
0
SaleemSuri (15)

Import utility for .csv/.xls data into RMS?
Hello: I have recently been tasked with administering the database of several systems at work including Microsft RMS. I see there is a native export feature in the admin utility to draw data out of the SQL DB, but no such Import feature. I have a csv of several hundred Customer's I would like to bulk import into RMS. Is this QS import utility able to do that? If so, where would you get it? thanks! Mark, If your company is on a Maintenance program you can login to the CustomerSource website and download it from there. And yes it can import your csv file. Rob "Mark" <...

RMS 2.0 & QB journal posting
hello and thanks for reading/ helping, we have occasionally had a journal out of balance in RMS that will not post to QB. This happens a few times a year and i go into QB and solve the bookkeeping issues but would like to clear the jounals from RMS. We have done it before where we export the 'bad' journals to a different file. Where is that setting to change the export file dump? thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0106_01CA1757.8CB9C960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Joh...

HELP! Moving to RMS from DOS program...
Hi all, Here's the situation. I work at a small retail store. We are trying to upgrade from our very old retail software that runs on DOS and dies unexpectedly on occasion. However, we have a HUGE database of customers and inventory that we need to transfer over, preferably intact. I've found four files that contain all the important data, a customer table with a linked table of notes and an inventory table with a linked table of notes. It's crucial that we get the notes over, as our customer rewards program is contained in the notes. The files are .DBT and .DBF files...

Dynamics RMS HQ Client keeps crashing
Hi everyone, We have an issue at the moment with Dynamics RMS HQ Client crashing while attempting to process a 401 Upload Data worksheet. I tried manually creating one and moving the from date back 30min with each one, but it gets to a point where it just crashes. As the day continues this time keeps advancing so it seems as if its something to do with the amount of data it is trying to upload. It does normally upload a lot more and thus I don't really understand why it is crashing now. Debugging has been switched on and it is crashing at the "Sending Worksheet ...

Abillity to decrement "packages" in Microsoft RMS
I have a potential doggy day care client who would like to be able to sell packages. For example- they will sell a full day package of 20 full days for $400.00. When the customer comes in to use the day care, they need to decrement the package by a day. I have tested this in RMS and I only know how to decrement by the $ amount, but not by the package amount. Can this be done? And if so how? Another side note- they would want to implement gift cards that sell packages of 20 (for example) and decrement from that as well. thoughts? Andrea Andrea, Look at the Givex add-on to RMS for gif...

change language English to Spanish POS 2009 or RMS 2.0
Please let me know if you can change the language from English to Spanish 2009 or RMS POS 2.0, and also where I can download the SDK. thank you very much. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01CAFE6B.5CCEC150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rey, Check with your reseller for both. I think that ScanSource (they don't = sell to the public) sells a Spanish conversion for RMS, I know that = Retail Realm does www.retailrealm.co.uk. =20 I have not heard of a conversion for ...

Web Store for RMS!!!
Have you switched on your RMS web store? As a retailer already using Microsoft's Retail Management System 'RMS' , you have already realized the benefits that smart software can provide for all retail store operations. But did you know you can now link your in-store Microsoft Retail Management System to a special web store service that can bring in thousands of dollars in extra sales as well as attract hundreds of new customers to your retail stores. You may be thinking, 'so what's new about that ? ' Well for a start, you don't have to buy a whole lot of extra fanc...

RMS Signature Capture
------------------------------------- I am looking for a decent signature capture/ magnetic strip reader that works well with RMS. Any suggestions? ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 36586 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## Hypercom 4250 or 4150 through TPI Need info Maurice at americanretailsupply.com "momint" <kevin_at_momentumintegration_dot_com@foo.com>...

Recommendation on Weigh Scale for RMS
Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very expensive as it will be only used for 5% of the items. The other option is to manually enter the weight but it will be nice to have an something directly tied to RMS system. Thx for your suggestions. The only recommendation I can give would be an Avery Berkel 6720, they run around $450. Rob "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DB7906C-4976-4533-95B6-9DC8590B29B5@microsoft.com... > Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very > expensive as i...

new Q&A topic for MBS site: RMS receipt/report customization
Hi everyone, Michelle here, from the Business Solutions Community. Many of you wrote to me with questions on RMS item management, and I thank you for all your messages. Microsoft SDET Jimmy Wong has provided me with his answers, and they're now with Web our production team, which is busily shaping them into a spiffy new Web page. Next week, we'll post the Web page containing Jimmy's answers to the community site (www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community). Meanwhile, I'm here to ask for your questions for another Q&A on RMS. The topic is CUSTOMIZING RECEIPTS AN...

Is RMS right for me?
I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just really for "small reatail" stores? mymobile wrote: > I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to > each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just > really for > "small reatail" stores? Hi mymobile, I work with RMS into five supermarkets (food markets) with fiscal printer (italian market). The problem of RMS are discounts.. the markets has mor...

RMS in Restaurant
Dear All, Is there any add-on for Restaurant. Best Regards, Ibrahim Zubair There does not appear to be an add-on for restuarants. We use RMS in a retail wine shop that is a wine bar a few nights a week. We control inventory using RMS, but getting a restaurant-type tip check was a problem. We've solved it by using a stand-alone credit card terminal for credit card sales. See post above: "Restaurant-type tip check????" Hope it helps. -- WineGuy "Ibrahim Zubair" wrote: > Dear All, > > Is there any add-on for Restaurant. > > Best Regards, &g...

Error list for RMS Integration.
Hi, Where can I find a document that include a list of all errors that can happens when a integration is running?? Thanks, -- Evelin. ...

Help decide upon RMS
Hi, I was interested in RMS (possibly) but I’m surprised as to how tightly controlled any detailed information is held. In order to get into most parts of Microsoft’s website for this product, I need a special login that comes only after buying the support, and even then it’s limited according to what I’ve read in this newsgroup. Specifically, I’d like to know what sort of customizations can be made for RMS. I read that there’s a customization guide and possibly source code (that I’d find hard to believe) that’s available to some of you. If someone (preferably a real RMS partner) could ...

RMS HCL certification forms
Our company submitted the RMS HCL Certification forms for our POS products 3 weeks ago,to date our products have not been listed in the HCL nor have we received any confirmation that the forms had been received and are in order. Follow up fax has also not been resonded to. Are we submitting the forms to the correct person? The forms were faxed to Dan Hanke, (425) 936-7329 as per the documentation supplied with the HCL test guidelines. Is this still the correct person / fax number for submitting the forms? TIA ...

[Ann] Lokad Sales Forecasting v1.0 add-on for Microsoft RMS & POS released
Lokad Desktop Sales Forecasting provides sales forecasts reports integrated into Microsoft RMS or Microsoft POS. Get daily / weekly / monthly sales forecasts reports. Copy & Paste forecasts into Microsoft Excel. Inventory management is a cornerstone of (e)Commerce profitability. If you keep too much inventory, your expenses go up. But if you reduce too much, you have nothing to sell. Optimal inventory levels are achieved through sales forecasting. Lokad relies on statistical collaborative algorithms to provide accurate sales forecasts even if the amount of input data is limited. Product...

What is the latest version of MS RMS POS
What is the latest version of MS RMS POS 1.2.0169 "Brent Hauver" <bh@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:%23rysbt$rEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the latest version of MS RMS POS > > Is Ver 1.2.0169 is what is been shipping or you get to that Ver by updating? I ask this because I just bought RMS and I got Ver 1.2.0151. Thank you "root" wrote: > 1.2.0169 > > > "Brent Hauver" <bh@mvdsl.com> wrote in message > news:%23rysbt$rEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > What is the latest version of MS RMS PO...

Custom Buttons/Functions in RMS
Hi Folks, Quick question for y'all with more experience with RMS than I! I'm currently to some extent integrating RMS with our existing eCommerce website. I've got the website updating stock levels on RMS when it sells something, but I'm unsure asto how to go about things the other way around. Essentially when the Till tenders I would like it to update the stock table on my website and knock the stock levels down accordingly. Now I could quite happily sit and write the code to do this myself in VBscript or whatever, but I can't quite find whereabouts in RMS I would ...

BemaTECH MP-4000 TH with RMS
I have the BemaTECH MP-4000 TH printer and when I run a credit card transaction, it prints one long receipt. I then have to cut it or rip it in half in front of the customer. I have Microsoft RMS...any ideas of a way I can get it to separate between the signature portion of the receipt, and the sales receipt? I m not sure if they have opos drivers, why don't aske them if they opos driver or if they can use epson opos drivers instead. <jlshumway@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1961c8cc-7142-4387-a6c0-f0e34eb8dd62@a3g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > I have the BemaTECH MP-4000 T...

USEFULL guides to customizing RMS
Does anyone know of, or have, any really USEFULL guides or books or examples for access the variables to be able to customize RMS? The guide they give doesn't cover the questions I have and doesn't really show me where I need to be looking for help. There don't appear to be any books at chapters or amazon that I've found and I guess I'm missing all the websites that can help because I haven't found any. Andrew All I have found is the Customization Guide help file. It leaves a lot to be desired. For instance, I haven't been able to find a list of all the inter...

Seeking RMS/QB Accounting Pro
Can anyone recommend an accountant in the Portland Oregon area who is familiar with RMS and Quickbooks? I know somebody in medford. "Jami B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6e5001c4cb6f$d85760f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone recommend an accountant in the Portland Oregon > area who is familiar with RMS and Quickbooks? ...

POS/RMS: Adding $ amounts when closing
Hi, it would be very convenient if you added a small feature to Closing. I just want to be able to add up my credit card receipts or cash right in the POS closing window instead of using a separate calculator. Can you make it compute functions using a "+" so that instead of adding 10 different receipts on a calculator and then typing the amount into POS, I could just type things like +107+178+254+212 to come up with a total sum of 751 when I press enter key. Kind of like Excel. This would be very useful but easy thing for you to program in. ---------------- This post is a s...

Coupons in RMS
Is RMS equipped to handle coupons, and to provide usage statistics? We are planning our retail store grand opening, and want to send out a mass mailing. In the mailing will be a discount coupon which we create ourselves (don't know if it will be a percentage discount on the entire order, or a flat XX-dollars off). The customer will need to provide their name, address, etc, to redeem the coupon. We will use the redemption results to start up our ongoing marketing. In addition, the shopping plaza we will be located in has special promotions. The consumer will receive a coupon which c...

RMS and Xlm reporting
Does anyone know if there is a "data dictionary" of terms used for writing xlm reports in RMS. I've been able to do some basic editing of existing reports, but want to be able to add new data fields. Thanks Nick wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a "data dictionary" of terms > used for writing xlm reports in RMS. I've been able to do > some basic editing of existing reports, but want to be > able to add new data fields. > Thanks Hi Nick.. XML reports or xml receipt? I have the "data dictionary" for xml receipt ...

SBA & RMS
Is it just me or is the SBA RMS Connector not working correctly? I've set everything up, and when I go to import the register journals, it says that debits and credits do not match up and it kicks me out. I then try to just import the P.O's and it says that "The financial date of the document must be in an existing open fiscal year". I've got a bunch of POs that are from last year but they have been updated recently. I think the connector is seeing the updated date and not the created date and kicking it out. I just can't get anything imported into SBA - ma...