Want to remove HQ?

Hello:

My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops.  HQ has not been
functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges
and customer payments posting to the wrong customer.  Inventory changes made
in HQ are not downloaded to the stores.  They are also frustrated that tasks
that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and
costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more
worksheets in HQ.

They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store with
addditional lanes.  The stores will be connected via a WAN (Frame relay at T1
speed).  Would it be possible for them to run real time from the satellite
stores with this scenario?

Thank you
0
Hassell (2)
10/13/2004 1:43:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have heard it works, but it is unsupported.  They will have to upgrade one
of their keys to allow that many registers.
mte

"Gillian Hassell" <Gillian Hassell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A4519E40-DA4F-402B-89B8-AF41B62D9205@microsoft.com...
> Hello:
>
> My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops.  HQ has not
> been
> functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges
> and customer payments posting to the wrong customer.  Inventory changes
> made
> in HQ are not downloaded to the stores.  They are also frustrated that
> tasks
> that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and
> costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more
> worksheets in HQ.
>
> They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store
> with
> addditional lanes.  The stores will be connected via a WAN (Frame relay at
> T1
> speed).  Would it be possible for them to run real time from the satellite
> stores with this scenario?
>
> Thank you

0
TheJack (108)
10/13/2004 2:59:18 PM
I think the benefits of HQ for a multistore operation outweigh it's
drawdacks.  Sure it's more complex than Store Ops, but it's also more
powerful.  The bugs you mention sound like your databases are not properly
synchronized - have you opened a support case with MS tech support?  Also,
have you applied any hot fixes?

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Gillian Hassell" <Gillian Hassell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A4519E40-DA4F-402B-89B8-AF41B62D9205@microsoft.com...
> Hello:
>
> My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops.  HQ has not
> been
> functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges
> and customer payments posting to the wrong customer.  Inventory changes
> made
> in HQ are not downloaded to the stores.  They are also frustrated that
> tasks
> that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and
> costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more
> worksheets in HQ.
>
> They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store
> with
> addditional lanes.  The stores will be connected via a WAN (Frame relay at
> T1
> speed).  Would it be possible for them to run real time from the satellite
> stores with this scenario?
>
> Thank you

0
glenn1806 (721)
10/13/2004 4:20:28 PM
Try upgrading to the latest hotfix to bring the RMS to version 1.2.0169
This will resolve many HQ issues for the client.

Mihir
Diviasoft, Inc

"Gillian Hassell" <Gillian Hassell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A4519E40-DA4F-402B-89B8-AF41B62D9205@microsoft.com...
> Hello:
>
> My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops.  HQ has not
been
> functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges
> and customer payments posting to the wrong customer.  Inventory changes
made
> in HQ are not downloaded to the stores.  They are also frustrated that
tasks
> that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and
> costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more
> worksheets in HQ.
>
> They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store
with
> addditional lanes.  The stores will be connected via a WAN (Frame relay at
T1
> speed).  Would it be possible for them to run real time from the satellite
> stores with this scenario?
>
> Thank you

0
info9303 (28)
10/14/2004 3:22:36 PM
Thank you to everyone for your quick responses.
Glenn I do believe that their database is corrupted because I have seen
transactions
with the wrong storeids, I suspect that is contributing to some of the
errors with customer payments and inventory.  They claim the system randomly
changes values for e.g. storeids on registers and after having their receipt
templates modified they suddenly revert to the old template.  I am not sure
if you have come across this.  Since we did not install their store ops or HQ
I am unable to figure why this would happen.

They were told that the fixes coming out of MS did not fix the problems they
are experiencing and their supplier has not provided those fixes.  They were
very happy with Store Ops but HQ has been a nightmare for them, hence the
decision to remove it at this time.  As a last example their inventory
figures are off by over a million dollars.

Thanks to all of you again for responding, we will have to try to move them
to a one store operation.

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> I think the benefits of HQ for a multistore operation outweigh it's
> drawdacks.  Sure it's more complex than Store Ops, but it's also more
> powerful.  The bugs you mention sound like your databases are not properly
> synchronized - have you opened a support case with MS tech support?  Also,
> have you applied any hot fixes?
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Gillian Hassell" <Gillian Hassell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A4519E40-DA4F-402B-89B8-AF41B62D9205@microsoft.com...
> > Hello:
> >
> > My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops.  HQ has not
> > been
> > functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges
> > and customer payments posting to the wrong customer.  Inventory changes
> > made
> > in HQ are not downloaded to the stores.  They are also frustrated that
> > tasks
> > that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and
> > costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more
> > worksheets in HQ.
> >
> > They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store
> > with
> > addditional lanes.  The stores will be connected via a WAN (Frame relay at
> > T1
> > speed).  Would it be possible for them to run real time from the satellite
> > stores with this scenario?
> >
> > Thank you

0
Hassell (2)

How do I remove spaces at the beginning of cells?
I have a column of names I need to sort. Unfortunately, some of the cells have 1 or 2 leading spaces, which cause the zero-leading spaces to be sorted, then the one-leading space, then two-leading space. And since there are over 3000 names to be sorted, doing them by hand is problematic. One way... Use a temporary helper column and enter a formula like this: =TRIM(A1) Copy that formula down as far as needed. Then, select the entire range of formulas and do: Right click>Copy Right click>Paste Special>Values>OK Compare the 2 columns and make sure the helpe...

Attachment removal 12-15-09
After removing attachments from e-mails, I find no “evidence” to show the names of the attachments that have been removed. Is there any means of identifying the names of any such removed attachments? There're tools available for that: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:52:01 -0800 schrieb Al: > After removing attachments from e-mails, I find no “evidence” to show the > names of the ...

Want to make sure
Hello Group, Below code populates a ListCtrl and in regards with what MSDN says the second argument should be LPCSTR. What do you suggest I go with ? the reason I'm asking this, is because I need to know how the compiler faces this. Is it an optimized way of coding or no ? or does it make difference ? Thanks in advance JSmith iIndex = m_MyListCtrl.InsertItem( iIndex++, (LPCTSTR )str); //What I have done or iIndex = m_ListCtrlKeyMtSysCfg.InsertItem(iIndex++, str); "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUnqEeboEHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Remove white border across the Tab control
I am implementing a tab sheet but I AM SEEING A WHITE BORDER around the whole tab control which looks quite odd. To remove the border I added the code in PreCreateWindow cs.style &= ~WS_BORDER; But this does not work.I also tried to override DrawItem but this does not work either. void CMainTabCtrl::DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) { char szTabText[100]; TC_ITEM tci; memset(szTabText, '\0', sizeof(szTabText)); tci.mask = TCIF_TEXT; tci.pszText = (LPWSTR)szTabText; tci.cchTextMax = sizeof(szTabText)-1; GetItem(lpDrawItemStruct->itemID, &...

how do i remove telephone number hyphens from a list in Excel?
I have a long list of telephone numbers in an Excel spreadsheet that i need to remove the hyphons from. Do you have a quick formula for doing this? One way is to highlight the column, then do Edit > Replace > put - in the "Replace" box and leave the "replace with" box empty, then press ReplaceAll Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mediazoo" wrote: > I have a long list of telephone numbers in an Excel spreadsheet that i need > to remove the hyphons from. Do you have a quick formula for doing this? =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") -- HT...

smartlist builder smartlist is not fully removed
I have an old smartlist that was built with smartlist builder that is showing up in the smartlist window (after being deleted through smartlist builder), but does not appear in the smartlist builder windows. The smartlist builder tables seem to be pretty well documented and I have combed all the tables for references, but have not been able to find any references to the rogue smartlist. I don't see much information on the regular smartlist tables and how I may be able to remove it from wherever smartlist is creating its list of available smartlists. Any help would be greatly appr...

Wanted Poster Template
Does anyone have an old fashioned wanted poster template for publisher? I am not real skilled with publisher and have a close time deadline. Thanks a lot!!! Marg There aren't pre-designed Wanted posters for Publisher, look at those that are on the Internet for ideas to do it yourself. http://images.google.com/images?q=wanted+poster&hl=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Marg" <Marg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71AECF3B-308E-4DF8-BAC3-6D604CC5AFCF@microsoft.com... > D...

Remove Calendar
Hello Is there a way to remove a calendar folder from a mailbox and replace it with another one? I have a personal Calendar folder in a mailbox I wish to replace with another calendar. However Outlook 2003 will not let me remove a Calendar folder from a mailbox? Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003? Regards Dominic You can't remove Outlook System folders (Inbox, Deleted Items, Sent Items, Calendar, etc.) - at least not easily. Can't you just import the *data* from your personal calendar folder? Just save the contents of it to a pst file, and then use Outlook's import...

Money 2006 Canadian Edition won't Forcast CashFlow they removed the feature unannounced this year
Hello, I am having fun ... microsoft has made the US deluxe version incompatable with the Canadian version of Money and as of yet they are not producing a Deluxe version for Canadian users. Every two years I get the new version of MS Money for Canadian users and this year they decided to pull out the 'forecast cashflow' feature unannounced. That feature was the main reason (only reason almost) that I was purchasing MS Money. I have gotten useful reports out of MS Money 2006 Canadian version, but every time I restart it the useful reports seem to get deleted from my favorites ...

How to remove all unused styles?

hq client--can't recognize store id or password
we use hq and store ops at our main warehouse. the computer that has hq client on it died so we had to buy a new one (the main database is safe on a different cpu). so, after setting up the new computer and installing store ops and hq client on it, when we try to connect i get an error saying: "Message contained an invalid Store ID/Connection Password. Message was not accepted." I had to install hq client on another computer just so we can communicate, but I need to get things working on this particular computer as it is used most often. I've already completely uninstalled all ...

How do I remove a combo box in Excel 2007
I have excel 2003 at work and I inserted a combo box (I think that is what it is called) with a drop down menu. I am at home now using a computer with Excel 2007 and I want to remove this Combo Box, but I can't find the tool bar (control box?) that I used to create/edit it. This is quite frustrating. Can anyone tell me where it is please? I want to remove this box. You have to show the developer's tab on the ribbon. That's under the office button|excel options. It's a checkbox in the top section of the Popular category. Then look in the Developer's group on the ribbon. ...

When will HQ send store information to store?
Hi, We have installed HQ with 3 stores. Two shoes stores, and another one is shirt store and it will not see shoes products. We have run this for a while. Now we want to clear everything in 1st shoe shop because we found some problem with item information. So we try to delete database at 1st shoe shop and then restore database from store blank database. After that we send 101 and 203-205 206 worksheet and then 401, we found that this shop cannot see other shop, because HQ didnot send store information. We would like to know how HQ detect and decide to send or not send all ot...

Holmes 99.97 % HEPA Allergen Remover Air Filters for HAP756, HAP653, and HAP726, 1 per box.
Price:$54.91 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B000063SKF Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B000063SKF The product is what I was looking for. Glad to find it, so I could replace an old filter. besides the fact that I need the filter for my Allergen remover system, I guess it's great. If you purchase an air purifier, you will, no doubt also have to replace Hepa Filters every so often. They are not inexpensive, so you will need to search for the best price. This particular filter for the Holmes Air Purifier, is very easy to access and replace. ...

About to upgrade Exchange server and want to double check!
All, I'm in the process of planning an upgrade for my Exchange server. I've searched and read on how I should go about this task, and I've settled on buying another server, build another Exchange server in my domain, test it, and slowly move my mailbox from the old server to the new server. Any pitfalls i should be aware of? Do you think this is a good plan? I've read somwhere that installing another Exchange server in the same domain might cause some problems, cause it messes with the schema and what not. Any opinions, thoughts and ideas is greatly appreciated! Thanks!...

I want few website name for macro
Dear Friends..... i would like to study "macro " so if you know any good website fo it...please forward your feedback... Thanks irsath mohamme -- irsat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- irsath's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3597 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55764 "irsath" <irsath.2ab3mn_1151824203.8465@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:irsath.2ab3mn_1151824203.8465@excelforum-nospam.com... > i would like to study "ma...

I want a template for shared rent expenses
I am trying to come up with a template for expenses. We have 3 sources of shared expenses with 6 people. 1 person pays for 2 people , Another pays for 3, and the last pays for 1. . Two of us cover the expenses while we are waiting for a 3rd to be able to share his expenses. Want to be able to keep track of what the two of us owe and what the third still owes. Well...first thing is to determine all the expenses, create a calendar, input area for paid/unpaid, etc. I could create something for you (no charge cuz I'm a nice guy!) if you send me the variables above. Please put some...

Excel opens two windows (2007 & 2003 format): I want only 2003.
I have a spreadsheet that must be edited under Win 7 and under Win XP. Opening the file under Win 7 always gives two windows, the one marked "Compatibility Mode" is up-to-date and the one worked with. The other is not only useless to me, it is not even up-to-date. (I am willing to admit I may have done something wrong to cause this condition). How do I get rid of this unnecessary and confusing window? ...

Removing Invalid Identities
I recently started using Eudora for an email client. When importing mail from Outlook there's a identity that was deleted a long time ago that shows up to import from. How can I get rid of it? I've looked through everything. It is not in the mail accounts. It even shows up when you try importing in Outlook Express. ...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

How to remove attached files from messages in the box ?
Hi, I would like to delete attached files from messages in my inbox, preserving the rest of the messages. With Outlook Express, I could do this using th utility "OE Quick Tool". How is it possible with Outlook 2002 ? Fred "Fred Hazel" said in news:%234jMmPr0DHA.3220@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Hi, > > I would like to delete attached files from messages in my inbox, > preserving the rest of the messages. With Outlook Express, I could do > this using th utility "OE Quick Tool". How is it possible with > Outlook 2002 ? > > Fred I think you ha...

Want to add code to ThisOutlookSession, but other code already exists
Hi, I want to add the VBA code mentioned in the first part of this link to my Outlook 2003: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=72 The problem that I am running into is that I already have some code in my ThisOutlookSession that I would like to keep and if I just plop this code in before the other code, this new code doesn't work. If I drop the code mentioned in the link above into an empty ThisOutlookSession on another machine, it works fine. I am probably missing some simple step, but do very little with VBA in Outlook and have been unable to find what I am looki...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Remove zero totals in query
I’m trying to find out how I can fix my query so that it doesn’t have records with zero values. Karl Dewey helped me with a clever way to create a query that pulls noncontiguous months for Labor_Cost totals. The criteria for the query is selected from an unbound form with two text boxes. This query works fine but then I needed to add some fields to it. I added fields, Category and DGroup and it was okay but then I added Product and that’s when the lines with zero totals showed up. It’s not for the same product. Here’s a visual example: Category DGroup Product Mo1 Mo2 Tr...

Removing Public Folder Replica(s)
I will be removing an Exchange 5.5 site from our environment later this week. I have found an article that goes over the process. One of the steps is to remove Public Folder Replicas from Exchange_Site_B. This is where I'm having trouble. When I try and remove the replica from Site_B, I get an error that I don't have permissions to perform this operation on the Information Store. The exact message follows: You do not have the permission required to complete the operation on the information store. Microsoft Exchange Information Store ID no: c1040af3 Now, I have checked permissio...