VNumber and Terminal IDs

I have a multi store setup with multiple registers in each store. I use
Citibank processing with the built in RMS functionality. Do I need a separate
Vnumber for each register within a store? Do I need a separate Terminal ID
for each register? I have been having a hard time getting a straight answer
on this.

Thanks for any help.

Butch
--
RMS
1 HQ

Sorry for the Duplicate posts. I was having trouble with the Outlook Express
and went Web Based. It seems the Outlook Express weren't truthful when they
said the message couldn't be sent. ;-P

"Butch" <Butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a multi store setup with multiple registers in each store. I use
> Citibank processing with the built in RMS functionality. Do I need a
> separate
> Vnumber for each register within a store? Do I need a separate Terminal ID
> for each register? I have been having a hard time getting a straight
> answer
> on this.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Butch
> --
> RMS
> 1 HQ
> 23 Stores in 9 states
> 145 Lanes

0
wapu (12)
11/14/2005 5:35:24 PM
Butch,

You would usually need a separate merchant number and V number per store.
As long as you don't try and hit the processor at the same time with the
same terminal number, you should be fine with just one terminal number per
store.

--
*
"Butch" <wapu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Sorry for the Duplicate posts. I was having trouble with the Outlook Express
and went Web Based. It seems the Outlook Express weren't truthful when they
said the message couldn't be sent. ;-P

"Butch" <Butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a multi store setup with multiple registers in each store. I use
> Citibank processing with the built in RMS functionality. Do I need a
> separate
> Vnumber for each register within a store? Do I need a separate Terminal ID
> for each register? I have been having a hard time getting a straight
> answer
> on this.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Butch
> --
> RMS
> 1 HQ
> 23 Stores in 9 states
> 145 Lanes

0
spam3944 (2163)
11/14/2005 10:09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I think that is where the problem was coming from. With 5 to 9 registers all
having 5 people in line, we were getting multiple hits to the processor. I am
in contact with Merchant Services to see about getting more Terminal numbers.
--
RMS
1 HQ

"Jeff" wrote:

> Butch,
>
> You would usually need a separate merchant number and V number per store.
> As long as you don't try and hit the processor at the same time with the
> same terminal number, you should be fine with just one terminal number per
> store.
>
> --
> *
> "Butch" <wapu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the Duplicate posts. I was having trouble with the Outlook Express
> and went Web Based. It seems the Outlook Express weren't truthful when they
> said the message couldn't be sent. ;-P
>

> "Butch" <Butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a multi store setup with multiple registers in each store. I use
> > Citibank processing with the built in RMS functionality. Do I need a
> > separate
> > Vnumber for each register within a store? Do I need a separate Terminal ID
> > for each register? I have been having a hard time getting a straight
> > answer
> > on this.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Butch
> > --
> > RMS
> > 1 HQ
> > 23 Stores in 9 states
> > 145 Lanes

0
Butch1 (9)

Event ID 16
Have this interesting situation. Three Windows 2003 servers behind a firewall with private 192.168.x.y IP numbers consistently get the eventid 16 mentioned, and fail to update automatically. Manual connections work fine with no problems or issues. I've followed several suggestions from different newsgroups and Technet, none of the suggestions have solved the issue. There is no WSUS server in our site, and all servers go to the microsoft update site. All servers in the domain with public IP numbers update with no problems. These three fail, the common link being private addres...

Caller ID Add-in beta testers wanted
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me in beta testing of the Caller ID add-in for Outlook 2000 & up. What I'm looking for: - does it work with your MODEM - does it work in your COUNTRY, AREA CODE - does it work with your TELEPHONE COMPANY - is the PHONE NUMBER FORMATTING correct - any BUGS crawling in the code - does it work at all? If you're willing, go to http://www.xldg.ca/products.calleridentity.htm TIA Dave P.S. Active beta testers will receive add-in license at no charge. ...

Information Store won't start, Event ID 1211 and 5000
We are installing exchange 2003 in a child domain of a domain tree where an exchange 2003 server already exists in the parent domain. The installation completes without any error messages, but it is impossible to start the information store. The store refuses to start and events 1121 and 5000 are then logged in the event log. Event 1121: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Active Directory. Event 5000: Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. - Error 0x8004010f. We have checked the following MS knowledge base articles: 305392, 320039, 328662 and everyt...

accessing crm via RWW or terminal service ?
Hi , Can anyone pls give me some help on using CRM 3.0 via terminal server or remote web workplace. This way we dont need to worry about VPN's and give outlook or webaccess within the terminal/RWW itself.. any feedback ? thanks Thanks Larry. Very helpful. "Larry Lentz [CRM MVP]" <LarryLentzCRMMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE62280-4345-4405-8C1A-DE41ABD7772A@microsoft.com... > Accessing CRM via RWW and Terminal Services/RDP is no problem. If you can > log > into your workstation via RWW or RDP, you can certainly access CRM if you ...

ID / IDREFS problem MSXML vs. System.XML
Hi all. Does id() xpath function work in System.XML? I have built dtd, schema, xdr for a simple xml which includes attributes definded as ID and IDREFS. Validation is occurring properly for all the types of metadata, but the id() function applied to the IDREFS attribute allways returns nothing. I have tried it from xslt and using the XmlNode.selectnodes or XPathNavigator.Select nada zilch The same code works using MSXML 3.0 and 4.0 class COM objects. I am getting to the point of wanting to import them into .Net ( I know it is not supposed to work that way but the code works.) I have also...

outgoing messages from one Email ID
Hi, Can I forward a copy of all outgoing messages from one particular Email ID to other Email ID. Thanks in Advance Boya "Boya" <boya@yahoo.com> wrote in news:#36mfXkJEHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > Can I forward a copy of all outgoing messages from one particular > Email > ID to other Email ID. Out of the box? Not without enabling something like journaling, and then it is store-wide not mailbox specific. A third party content management tool or mail gateway is probably in order. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resou...

Printin DOS Application in Terminal Server
Hello, I'm working with a DOS application in TS, I need to capture the printer thaht i've in my session to a port lpt1, someone has any script that can detect the TS default printer, share it and use it as LPT1? -- Saluda Atte. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pedro C. Arias. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On 06/04/10 08:47, Pedro C. Arias wrote: > Hello, I'm working with a DOS application in TS, I need to capture > the printer thaht i've in my ...

Combining Account ID
I noticed that when I go to combine account ID using the Professional Services Tools Library, some accounts do not show up in the list. Is because the accounts are no longer being used and are old that they can't be combined with another account? If you are importing the accounts into the PST then make sure that in the notepad your are accounts are seperated by a tab and that you delete any extra lines after the last account. "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > I noticed that when I go to combine account ID using the > Professional Services Tools Librar...

Type ID
Will a type of 'invoice' and type id of 'filord' post? rcr, Not sure if I understand you correctly. You are asking if you use Invoice as Type and Type ID of FULORD, will it post? FULORD means Fulfillment order as per you? If you select Invoice as Type, there will be no Type ID FULORD available to be selected in Sales TRX Entry window. Let me know if you are looking for something else and anyone can help you if you add complete detail to what you're looking for Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "rcr" wrote: > Will a type of 'invoice' and type id...

Salesperson ID in Trial Balance by outstanding trx
Hi all, Can GP pull the RM Trial Balance report sorting by Salesperson ID which showing all the outstanding balances for the particular Salesperson ID during RM transaction entry? for example: Customer: A Travel Company There are three sales person belong to A Travel Company : Mr X, Mr Y and Mr Z, subsequently, the Salesperson ID field is empty in this Customer master record for A Travel Company. (because there is only can maintain one sales person ID for the customer) when user enters RM transactions , she enters three different salesperson ID for this Customer (A Travel Company) an...

Terminal Server
We are in the process of converting over to using Terminal Services for our network. So, as user's pc's crash, we are replacing those with terminal servers in the hope of minimizing our tech support needs. My question is - is it possible to have individual user profiles for Great Plains when using Terminal Services? Such as, can each user have his/her own reports dictionary, or will all users have to use the same dictionary? Does anyone know the answer to this? On Feb 2, 12:26 pm, Jeanie - GHF <Jeanie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are in the process of co...

problem with long message-IDs: Outlook chokes
I get a fair bit of spam with message-IDs longer than 168 characters (or missing). As a result, Outlook clients won't download any my messages until I manually go through the mail server's incoming queue and delete the messages; quite a pain as it happens roughly once daily (and there's no easy way to tell which messages have the bad IDs). Does anyone know a way to make Outlook skip these messages, rather than not download anything? I'd even be interested in how to grep the files for long message IDs (if only I were smarter about Windows utilities for that sort of thing). My ...

Inconsistent Printing with MS Terminal Server
I have a user who is having intermittent print alignment issues. She is the only one using this particular reports dictionary and printer. What we discovered is that if she just logs off her Terminal Server session and back on again, the problem goes away. Any ideas? I've found the exact same issue. I've done a couple of things to resolve it. Basically I've found that you can install the printers locally and not use the Redirected Printers. Or you can make sure you have the most current and specific driver for your printers installed on your clients. Or you can move ...

Ex event id 1000
Hi , I am running exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT4 sp6. I am getting an errors 5 at a time . source: Userenv Category::none Event id 1000: Description: Your profile was not successfully loaded, but you have been logged on with the default system profile. Please correct the problem and log off (5) I have enough mem available for the reg also there are more then 30 System.001 under the profile directory. ...

how can i set up my hotmail ID to work on Outlook?
Vithish <Vithish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: google "outlook connector" "Vithish" wrote in message news:DBEE3C63-148F-453B-AA6D-E03DEE7A2AEB@microsoft.com... > <blank body = blank post = blank mind> Read: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html Microsoft discontinued WebDAV access for free account back in November 2004. WebDAV is the scripting language used to communicate to their HTTP mail host. Only Outlook and Outlook Express had WebDAV scripting supported (and knew...

Product Key and Product ID
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have the MAC Home and Student Edition of OFFICE and I have already installed 2 of the 3 licenses. I forgot which one 1 of the 3 licenses I haven't used yet. What could I do? Thank you. bumblebee168@officeformac.com wrote: > I have the MAC Home and Student Edition of OFFICE and I have already > installed 2 of the 3 licenses. I forgot which one 1 of the 3 licenses > I haven't used yet. What could I do? Thank you. Nothing after the install will tell you exactly what you've already installed. From ...

Message ID: header blocked as SPAM
I have Exchange 2003 My internal domain is ".local" My DNS and masquerade are all set to .com I have a PTR record for my IP and domain When messages are sent out, they are being blocked my some SPAM filters because the outgoing email message header is reading <alkjhfdasjhfjhf7897245>@servername.domainname.local Does anyone know how to edit the message id: header to reflect .com so that my mail will be received by these SPAM filters. Thank you, Donovan On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:08:09 -0600, "Donovan Steen" <donovansteen@banabox.com> wrote: >I have Excha...

Menu IDs
As I'm doing this more and more, I thought I'd ask. There should be something fundamentally wrong with using menu IDs down in the tens. I don't know just how wrong it is but so far it has worked flawlessly. For instance: #define ID_FIRSTCH_SECTION 10 #define ID_LASTCH_SECTION 40 .... ON_COMMAND_RANGE( ID_FIRSTCH_SECTION, ID_LASTCH_SECTION, OnSections ) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE( ID_FIRSTCH_SECTION, ID_LASTCH_SECTION, OnUpdateSections ) Because I dynamically add stuff to a menu. It may be none or several. Should I like be chunking my_reserved ids above WM_USER? I've...

Live ID Questions
I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect newsgroup but when you see my question, you will understand why I can't post to the Microsoft web-based community forums. Currently, I use Windows Live Mail exclusively on my desktop to receive and send all my email through my ISP. I also don't "message". Consequently, I have never initiated a Live ID. I don't want "hot mail", calendar or contact information on the web. I now find that it appears that I need a Live ID in order to post questions on various Microsoft Community forums, which are all w...

getting tons of event id 8026
as the subject says..... with this as description LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory server1.domain.org for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51]Server down. dc=domain,dc=org. Getting this for a few servers. Whats odd is that if i open a cmd prompt and try to ping some of them I get DNS failures, but once I do an nslookup pings work. A couple of the DC's are plugged into the same switch but others are in other buildings(fiber between buildings) and I am pretty certain DNS is working correctly from client machines. Based on your post you almost certain...

Batch ID Missing
When I go Transactions>Inventory>Batches>There is one batch with no Batch ID I ran Check Links on the Inventory Module and keep getting the same error."Error Message - Posting Definitions Master - Transaction count was adjusted for batch" I removed this record from the SY00500 table since the batch total is 0 and looks like an orphaned record and then when I run check links again i get the message: "Error Message - Posting Definitions Master - Batch Number has been added". How do I remove this batch from my system? You may need to look in the inventory trans...

Creation of Recovery points for Systemstate on W2K8 fail ID: 3159
I have just upgraded a server from 2003 std to 2008 std and keep getting this error. Whenever I look at allocated disk space it looks fine. What am I missing? Below is event viewer entries: Event Type: Error Event Source: DPM-EM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 11/9/2009 Time: 9:36:12 PM User: N/A Computer: DPMservername Description: Creation of recovery points for SystemState on protectedservername have failed. The last recovery point creation failed for the following reason: (ID: 3159) DPM has run out of free space on the recovery point volume and will fai...

ID Verification
Who has an ID verification ID add on for RMS? Retail Realm has an ID Manager for Store and HQ. Contact me for more details. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Greg Williams" wrote: > Who has an ID verification ID add on for RMS? > > > ...

Rules wizard
Hello, I have created some rules in Rules Wizard. Now, when I am trying to add new one, after clicking New button (or copy and modyfy exiting one), my Outlook terminates with no error. What is going on? Best regards, Jacek P. ...

What is Automation ID?
I'm getting errors when I start to complete a control on a form that has a has a format "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_ that says the Automation ID is not available. What does this mean? Thanks Tony On Aug 10, 8:12 am, "Tony Williams" <t...@invalid.com> wrote: > I'm getting errors when I start to complete a control on a form that has a > has a format "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_ that says the Automation ID is not > available. What does this mean? > Thanks > Tony Is it linked to a field in a table? BTW, you can do a better job of formatting the inpu...