Using RMS Journal viewer from add on

Does anyone know how to call/use RMS Journal viewer from executable add-on?
My problem is, that I have to generate a new sale transaction (summary of
different sales from one period) and after that I need to print that
document,but
I Can't find a way how to do that.

Ene

0
screen (12)
3/12/2007 2:05:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Ene,
You can do so if you have Transaction column added in your report. click on
Hide/UnHide column and Check Transaction column then whenever you click the
Transaction ID a hover glass will come just double click it will jump you to
the Journal viewer.
I hope this will help you.

Rate me please.

"Ene" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to call/use RMS Journal viewer from executable add-on?
> My problem is, that I have to generate a new sale transaction (summary of
> different sales from one period) and after that I need to print that
> document,but
> I Can't find a way how to do that.
>
> Ene

0
AkberAlwani (916)
3/13/2007 6:07:00 AM
Thanks, this is true  on Active Reports and only when document' image is
saved to journal.
Unfortunately I have deeper problem.
I had to wrote add on -program (in .NET) what finds out unpaid sail to
account in period (RMS monthly period is too big) and create new sale
transaction to account.
Transaction I can create (i.e I save data to database directly) but I don't
know how to
get for new document printing'view

I can't find a way how to use  RMS Receipt Compiler and Receipt Renderer via
QSRules Session object.
Am I right?
Ene

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> Hi Ene,
> You can do so if you have Transaction column added in your report. click on
> Hide/UnHide column and Check Transaction column then whenever you click the
> Transaction ID a hover glass will come just double click it will jump you to
> the Journal viewer.
> I hope this will help you.
>
> Rate me please.
>
> "Ene" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to call/use RMS Journal viewer from executable add-on?
> > My problem is, that I have to generate a new sale transaction (summary of
> > different sales from one period) and after that I need to print that
> > document,but
> > I Can't find a way how to do that.
> >
> > Ene

0
screen (12)

PowerEdit
Dear all, I would like to let you know I have added another freeware Excel add-in called 'PowerEdit' to my website . Information about this add-in and a download link is available from: http://www.johnmote.com/poweredit.htm Many thanks, John -------- an abstract of the add-in functionality from the website is included below for your convenience -------- Overview of PowerEdit functionality What is PowerEdit? PowerEdit is an add-in for Microsoft Excel that provides additional copy and paste functionality Excel. The additional functionality includes: =B7 Exact formula copies...

Are you using Budget feature?
Hello guys, are you using Budget un Money? what for? what would you like changed/improved in it? thanks, Vadim Rapp Not much. It's too broken and limited by insistence that scheduled items must be in budget. Most of its problems stem from trying to make that work well. I'd use it more for comparing actuals to budget and doing variance analysis. If all Advanced budget allowed me to do was set category budgets by arbitrary time period as average values or discrete values and then support all the variance reporting, I'd be happy as a clam. I don't need Budget Groups--...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

Journalling
Wierdo this. I have journalling switched ON, but nothing journals. I've tried the obvious - switch off, reboot, switch on, reboot. no joy :-( Any ideas ??? Eoin Bair´┐Żad Dublin, Ireland. ...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

Automated SMS messages from RMS
Have a strange enough request from a customer. They are an apparel store and take orders for alterations etc. They would like RMS to automatically send an SMS message to the customers cell phone when the alteration is done. Does anyone know of an add-on that can do this? Add this stored procedure to their database, making mods as necessary. It uses the built-in CDOSYS to send mail. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312839 Then add an UPDATE trigger to the proper table (order?) to fire the SP upon record update and send out the message. It's actually pretty easy. "Gaz" <...

RMS should have auto log off if system is idle
it would be nice to have auto log off if the system is idle for a specific amout of time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=555af75d-267a-4ecf-8296-9da84065f19...

Add a date to a Userform
I am using Office 2010 in advance of roll-out in our organization. I have been testing some of our VBA enabled templates for compatibility and have run into a problem. Specifically a lose of the Calendar control. Since we have a number of Userforms that use the calendar control, I need to come up with some sort of replacement. Any suggestions? I thought there was a date picker control, but I can not find it (I have installed the complete Office 2010 Professional Plus) The calendar control uses the library c:\program Files\Microsoft Office\Office13\MSAL.OCX Usually th...

Problem using SaveAs method
Hi, I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet, after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder in which the tool runs. This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx file at all. I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version 12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx. Is this some known issue with this ver...

problem using pst files with Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi, I am having problem using old Pst files when installing new Exchage 2003 Server. Every one in my organization worked in POP3 with pst files , (Outlook 2000/XP) without any difficults. Now, After I have installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, and I moved their old emails trough the pst files into the new Exchange Mailbox, I am having Problem reading those mails. I have moved them using the Outlook Drug and Drop feature or even Import/Export Sometimes. Now, those emails are there, but I just can`t use them. They are become unavailable (Gray Color). Please, help find a solution for th...

creating opportunity on custom web page using CRM API
Hi All, I have an aspx form that uses the CRM API to create an opportunity into the crm application from a website. I set the usual text fields. The default compulsory fields are Topic and Poential Customer. When I enter an existing Account name ie, 'John Smith' in the Potential Customer field and submit the form, it comes up with an error: SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040216An unexpected error occurred.Object Type was not provided on attribute 'customerid'D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\CrmPropertyBagUtil.inl457 Source: System.Web.Services I beleive th...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

DateRange Lookup no exact match, can't use lesser
want to lookup up the date value entered in cells C15 through C22 Lookup table = $C $6 through $D $11 and return value in column 2 Problem - dates in C15 through C22 are date ranges. Formula must return the date in column D of the lookup table_array which corresponds to the date in cells $C$6 through $C$11 that is >=C15 and <= C 15 So if table looks like this c6 = 1/1/2010 d6 = 1/12/2010 c7 = 1/15/2010 d7 = 1/29/2010 c8 = 1/31/2010 d8 = 2/13/2010 c9 = 2/15/2010 d9 = 2/26/2010 c10 = 2/28/2010 d10 = 3/13/2010 c11 = 3/15/201...

Outlook and Offline Folders using IMAP #2
I'm running Outlook 2007. It seams to support the IMAP protocol reasonably well. However, I can't figure out how to move messages between folders when I'm offline (it gives an error message saying I can't, see below). This same operation works fine in MS Windows Mail (the equivalent of Outlook Express that ships with Windows Vista) and Mozilla Thunderbird. It's clearly not a limitation of IMAP. I can download messages and read and delete them when I'm offline. I just can't move them between folders unless I'm online. Since Outlook synchronizes any change...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

how to use captions -> Cross-reference
I'm interested in word 2007's ability to maintain cross references such as 'on figure 7 we can see that' so that if I added another figure it would automatically update to figure 8 etc. I've tried to use word 2007 help but it's patchy and minimal, I don't understand where the normal help files are. For example if I search for captions the first hit is the 'add or delete captions' page, but on that page there's no mention of cross-references or how to use them. I also can't find an index of help items like there is in visual studio or ...

How can I use fscommand() to send message to outer ocx control?
Hello I have wrote a ocx control which with a dialog in it using mfc. I place a SHOCKWAVEFLASH object in this dialog and handle the FSCOMMAND event such as: ---------------------------------- void MainDialog::OnFSCommandShockwaveflash1(LPCTSTR command, LPCTSTR args) { AfxMessageBox(_T("fdfd"),MB_OK); } ---------------------------------- I place this ocx control in my html page. But when flash call fscommand() the event handler cannot receive any events. This html page code follows at: ------------------------------------- <object name="flashObj" id="flashObj&qu...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...

Popups used more than once
Is it a good idea to use the same popup in more than one place or should you make a copy of it. I have a customers popup that I need to call on more than one form. Is there any possibilty of a conflict. if more than one user is using the database if they call the same popup at the same time? Robert Robert, Probably won't be a problem. However, if you have miultiple users, the very strongly recommended approach is for each user to have his own separate copy of a front-end application file, linking to the core data tables in a shared backend file. That way, "call the sa...

I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?
My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation? How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that particular PC. If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the trial version first. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to o...

Outlook journal entries do not work in Office XP.
I have a user that informed me his journal entries do not work. I also tried mine and they also do not work We are running Win2k with Office XP. I just thought of something this can be stopped through AD can it not? Update, a while back we moved My Documents to a network drive for backups and so no mater where they login they will see thier My Documents. If thier My Documents is local Journal entries work. If it's a network drive they do not. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this one? Thanks. "David Bissonnette" <dbissonnette@foster-miller.com> wrote in message ...