using old Gift certificates on our new RMS

Ok, I have just transfered to RMS from another POS system.  We couldn't
export our old gift certificates to the new RMS, but they are still out there
and being redeemed. The problem is they have already been sold and we need
them in our system.   We have tried a discount on a sale, but that only takes
money off the sub total and shorts the taxes owed on the total. How do we get
our old gift certificates in our new system without taking in money and
effecting our bookkeeping, and having allowing our customers to use them. We
also tried to enter them as vouchers and in a payment option, but RMS
wouldn't allow the sale to be processed. Any advise would be helpful!
0
bogdog (10)
11/15/2007 12:25:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

bogdog,

A simple 'down & dirty' way to handle them is to setup a payment type
'other' and name it something like 'Gift Certificate (old)'. This will allow
you to take them as a tender. If they are paper certificates you can then
match them against expected totals to check out the drawer. If there is a
balance due back to customer, issue it as your new gift certificate type.

Marc

"bogdog" <bogdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I have just transfered to RMS from another POS system.  We couldn't
> export our old gift certificates to the new RMS, but they are still out
> there
> and being redeemed. The problem is they have already been sold and we need
> them in our system.   We have tried a discount on a sale, but that only
> takes
> money off the sub total and shorts the taxes owed on the total. How do we
> get
> our old gift certificates in our new system without taking in money and
> effecting our bookkeeping, and having allowing our customers to use them.
> We
> also tried to enter them as vouchers and in a payment option, but RMS
> wouldn't allow the sale to be processed. Any advise would be helpful!

0
marcr (93)

------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C826F7.C21283B0

bogdog,

Here's MBS' suggestion; http://tinyurl.com/3yllxb

Must have access to CustomerSource.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "bogdog" <bogdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Ok, I have just transfered to RMS from another POS system.  We =
couldn't=20
  export our old gift certificates to the new RMS, but they are still =
out there=20
  and being redeemed. The problem is they have already been sold and we =
need=20
  them in our system.   We have tried a discount on a sale, but that =
only takes=20
  money off the sub total and shorts the taxes owed on the total. How do =
we get=20
  our old gift certificates in our new system without taking in money =
and=20
  effecting our bookkeeping, and having allowing our customers to use =
them. We=20
  also tried to enter them as vouchers and in a payment option, but RMS=20
  wouldn't allow the sale to be processed. Any advise would be helpful!
------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C826F7.C21283B0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16546" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2>bogdog,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2>Here's MBS' suggestion; =
<A=20
title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/3yllxb&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/3yllxb">http://tinyurl.com/3yllxb</A></FONT></=

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008000 size=3D2>Must have access to=20
CustomerSource.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"bogdog" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:bogdog@discussions.microsoft.com">bogdog@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:6B4F4512-375E-497E-AC2B-59D9916B4C5B@microsoft.com">news:6B4=
F4512-375E-497E-AC2B-59D9916B4C5B@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Ok,=20
  I have just transfered to RMS from another POS system.&nbsp; We =
couldn't=20
  <BR>export our old gift certificates to the new RMS, but they are =
still out=20
  there <BR>and being redeemed. The problem is they have already been =
sold and=20
  we need <BR>them in our system.&nbsp;&nbsp; We have tried a discount =
on a=20
  sale, but that only takes <BR>money off the sub total and shorts the =
taxes=20
  owed on the total. How do we get <BR>our old gift certificates in our =
new=20
  system without taking in money and <BR>effecting our bookkeeping, and =
having=20
  allowing our customers to use them. We <BR>also tried to enter them as =

  vouchers and in a payment option, but RMS <BR>wouldn't allow the sale =
to be=20
  processed. Any advise would be helpful!</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02AF_01C826F7.C21283B0--

0
cptsoft (1248)

i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify?
i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Is this just when over the cells ? Does it work on the title bar - windows options Or on the Excel menus ? Steve On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:21:01 +0100, j <j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot= e: > i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Unless the right-click button is frozen, I'm sure you can use the mouse right-click in Excel Just hit the right-click button. Now...........................the real issue What are you right-clicking on and what doesn't happen for you? Does the right-click no...

Using exchange server 2003 as an smtp server outside of the domain
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to setup exchange server as an smtp server so that I can use it to send mail from outside of its domain environment. basically i want to be able to send email from any computer not on the domain by using mail.mydomain.com . I'm not sure if the issue is actually related to something on exchange server 2003, or if it's DNS related issue. we do use OWA so wthat when we type in a web browser mail.mydomain.com it takes us to OWA. Right now if I try setting up a POP3 Account in Outlook and use mail.mydomain.com for incoming and SMTP servers it err...

using one combo box to determine content of a second combo box
Hello, I have been trying for several days to figure out how to use one combo box to determine the content of a second combo box. I am creating a database listing equipment by manufacturer and model # I would like to create one combo box that gives a drop down list of manufacturers Then, based on the manufacturer chosen, I would like to have a second combo box which gives a drop down list of model #'s offered by the chosen manufacturer It seems like a fairly simple concept, but I have poured through the "using access 2003" guide with no luck Access version I'm using: 20...

Using CIPAddressCtrl in stead of an edit control
If I use a CIPAddressCtrl on my property page it does a great job of handling the 4 bytes with periods but how do I get the address in and out of the property page in the DataExchange function? Do I have to handle the DWORD as the exchange data? Rob DDX_Text should work... "Rob K" <rbk@no.spamm.net> д���ʼ� news:3zgsf.10739$SM6.8164@fe15.lga... > If I use a CIPAddressCtrl on my property page it does a great job of > handling the 4 bytes with periods but how do I get the address in and out of > the property page in the DataExchange function? Do I have to handle th...

Outlook 2000 emails stay as new
I have this problem. In Outlook 2000 my emails stay as new even though I have the settings set to mark them as read after I look at them in the preview pane. The problem goes away if I close outlook and reopen it. What causes this problem? ...

Re: New Build Of Windows Live Mail 2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01CB4284.A4A23040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In the new beta =E2=80=93 not this version. "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message news:... The problem of WLM=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9Cstepping on itself=E2=80=9D when = compacting and freeing up empty space seems to have been fixed as well. Nancy ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01CB4284.A4A23040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-...

Old style "tree" menu in My computer
Hi there, WinXP ver 5.1 2600 SP3 Is it possible to show the old style Folders list in my computer....as was in win 98....you know...the long list that was on the left hand side, where you could see all folders in one tree - expand and contract as required. Many ta's Steve View>Explorer Bar>Folders Gord On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:15:08 -0000, "moonraker" <invalid.invalid@invalid.com> wrote: >Hi there, WinXP ver 5.1 2600 SP3 > >Is it possible to show the old style Folders list in my computer....as was >in win 98....you know......

error with the form when using asp.
I get this error, when i submit the form. The error comes up and some technical advisor from my host company told me to change it to ASP Email but i don't understand what he was talking about. Can someone provide assistance. Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005' Server.CreateObject Access Error /WebAppSub.asp, line 9 The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object. ...

I don't know which formula to use?
I need help understanding which formula I should use. . . I have built a table similar to the one below on a sheet of my workbook. On a separate sheet, I need to be able to input ONLY two variables (state and fruit) and return information (the cost) defined in the table below. As an example: Inputting the variables of Texas and Bananas should return $4.00. I need to be able to change Texas to Florida and the formula should immediately update to the value to $6.00. Another example: Inputting the variables of Texas and Bananas should return $4.00. I need to be able to ...

Please help me: Refresh pivot table using another source file.
My supervisor put an interactive spreadsheet (or pivot table) on the web. Now he wants me to make changes to the spreadsheet so that when you click "Refresh" on the website, this spreadsheet gets new data from me rather than from my supervisor. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. ...

Can't remember which Product Keys I have used

new address lists not showing up in outlook client
Hello, for some reason any new address lists i create now do not show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a direction. Thanks Jon Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote in message news:340401c47ee8$d1914ed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > for some reason any new address lists i create now do not > show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a > direction. > > Thanks > Jon yes 2003 cached mode! >-----Original Message----- >Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? ...

File, New Message
When you send a new email message from Outlook or Word 2003, you can start typing in the TO: email address and it shows a list of addresses to choose from (ones you have typed in before). This list of previous emails typed in seems to have been completely deleted, and I am starting over from scract - each time I type in a new email, it appears in the list the next time. How did this list get deleted? How does it get restored? I don't see anywhere do to it. I do use Norton Anti Virus and LavaSoft Ad-Adward spyware, could they have removed it? I have never had this problem before...

Slow opening new Word document
Using Word 2000 on XP. I have a shortcut on my desktop to open a new Word Doc. However, clicking on it, or right clicking on desktop, seems to take forever before it opens. Any ideas please? TIA Katherine ...

Outlook 2003 Upgrade Kept Old PST File Version, How to Fix?
I just upgraded a client to 2003 because of some issues with the PST file size in his Outlook XP (it crashed as he exceeded the 2GB limitation by about 200MB!). Anyway, the upgrade kept the file as a 97-2002 PST file which still has the 2GB limitation. I created a new data file that is the new version and was able to recover the other PST file, but I can't get Outlook to make that the default Outlook folder. I could move the email delivery to it, but not have Outlook open this file. I tried renaming the default PST to see if Outlook would then prompt me for a data file, but it wouldn&#...

Unable to use Microsoft Outlook
I'm using a Dell 4700C, Windows XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6.0. I am unable to send or receive mail in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you for your help, meadow "meadow" <meadow@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uGk9sj3$FHA.980@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I'm using a Dell 4700C, Windows XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6.0. > > I am unable to send or receive mail in Microsoft Outlook. > > Thank you for your help, > > meadow > Hi Meadow, tis is a little bit less information to help you. What Outlook version? Do you use Excha...

Emailing from a form using recursive query results
I am trying to create a button on a form (form name is [BG Paper Info]), when cliking the button it should do the following things: 1. Activate a query [BG Email from AE Code] that uses a Control [AE Code] that appears on the form (which can change from record to record), in order to generate an Email address ([EmailAddress] in the query)to which to email a report. The report is generated using another query [BG Reminder letter] that contains a memo field with the text of the letter, the text depends on a code [Reminder Type] that appears in the form. The two queries and the report operate ...

File in Exclusive Use
I have searched this forum and Excel help and cannot find the answer to my seemingly simple question. How does a user take a file out of exclusive use? We have an Excel file that was shared and the user accidently put the file in exclusive use mode, now we are unable to share the file again. The user does not know how she put the file in exclusive use, can anyone tell me how this is done? Any help will be much appreciated. You should be able to simply reshare the workbook. Excel doesn't allow a shared workbook if it has a table. We don't use shared workbooks muc...

Reboot Windows 2000 using VC++
Hi I am trying to use the ExitWindowEx(EWX_REBOOT|EWX_FORCE,0)) to reboot Windows 2000 from my program, but it pops up an error message - "Could not reboot the computer....Please do so at this time!", and it won't reboot the OS. Can anyone tell me why and how to solve this problem Thanks P/S: This function works in Windows 98, but not in Windows 2000. Shutting down a WIN2K machine is little complicated, as you need to give your program the priviledge to shut down. See AdjustTokenPrivileges in MSDN, which will enable the SE_SHUTDOWN_NAME priviledge. Also use EWX_FORCEIFHUNG o...

Cannot create exchange Mailbox using Active Directory
We are running WIndows server 2003, We have installed exchange 2003 as a new server over it. I have already made some users as recepient in the Active directory, but still (after 3 hrs) I am unable to see thier mailboxes in exchange system manager. I had used Active directory to create new users. We are also running SBS 2003 on it. You won't see mailboxes listed in Exchange System Manager until a) The mailbox has been logged into for the first time or b) The mailbox receives its first message -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.m...

Using rules to forward Outlook email to Gmail
Is there something wrong with the way I'm setting up this rule? I set it up to forward every message I receive to "people or distribution list" and have it forwarded to my gmail address. Now when it gets forwarded a copy of the sent email is placed in my inbox. Is there any way I can eliminate this redundant step? What you want is a redirect, not a forward. Outlook rules do not allow = for a redirect. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

Exchange 5.5
Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:08:27 -0700, "Don Pickering" <donpick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a >The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. >What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? > You can look in Exchange Administrator and (from a bad memory) drill down into the server, store and then something else. You can then see all the user...

Using OR in Rules
Hello, Is it possible to use OR conditions instead of only AND conditions? Even if you use a candle, please shine a positive light on this for it would keep me from having to create several rules for one source which sends me several e-mails from different departments. Thanks. Alphonse No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://...

Pen created using ExtCreatePen fails to get selected into a metafi
Hello, In the OnDraw() function of my ActiveX control(just drawing , I select a Pen as shown below. The constructor of CPen passes the parameters to create EMR_EXTCREATEPEN structure. ( ExtCreatePen also creates a similar structure) LOGBRUSH tmpLB; tmpLB.lbColor = COLORREF(RGB(0,0,0)); tmpLB.lbStyle = BS_SOLID; CPen tempPen(PS_GEOMETRIC|PS_DOT, 5, &tmpLB,0,NULL); pOldPen = (CPen*)pdc->SelectObject(&tempPen); VERIFY(pOldPen); pdc->Ellipse(rc); On Screen, the ellipse draws correctly with dots of width 5. But, On printing or drawing to a metafile DC ...

Prevent user from Inserting new worksheet
What is the approach I could use to prevent the user from adding new blank worksheets using the Insert.. Worksheet... function? I've found the Workbook_NewSheet event but this fires after the sheet has been created. I have a command button on the sheet that creates the new sheets for the user by copying a hidden template sheet. This macro does not trigger the NewSheet event. In the Workbook_NewSheet event, I can call the delete method: ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(Sh.Name).Delete but this generates the "Data may exist in sheet(s)... Warning. How do I supress this? Than...